** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series

kevshat

Less than a week after finishing their tour of England the West Indies are back out again this time against New Zealand. They host the Kiwis in a two match T20 series in America of all places before 5 ODI's in the Caribbean. There are some decent players in both sides so all the games should have some decent cricket in them which tends to mean some good betting opportunities too. All the matches are live on Sky and in the evening in the UK so all at watchable times and they don't clash with the England vs Australia series either which is helpful! Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Sat Jun 30 19:00 GMT | 15:00 local 20:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st T20I - West Indies v New Zealand Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 37.png 25 - 32° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jul 1 18:00 GMT | 14:00 local 19:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd T20I - West Indies v New Zealand Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 37.png 25 - 31° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Thu Jul 5 14:30 GMT | 09:30 local 15:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st ODI - West Indies v New Zealand Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jul 7 14:30 GMT | 09:30 local 15:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd ODI - West Indies v New Zealand Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Wed Jul 11 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd ODI - West Indies v New Zealand Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jul 14 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 4th ODI - West Indies v New Zealand Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Mon Jul 16 13:30 GMT | 09:30 local 14:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 5th ODI - West Indies v New Zealand Warner Park, Basseterre, St Kitts [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 1st T20 preview: 3pts Highest Individual Score - Under 55 runs 11/8 Stan James

So far in the two T20’s played on this ground the highest individual score is 36 (which came off 39 balls). Only one of the four innings played here has reached 100 so this isn’t a free scoring ground and even the bigger hitters will struggle to score. It’s likely to be a trial by spin so I’ll take the top score in the match to be under 55. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-1st-t20-betting--tough-scoring-conditions-can-ensure-a-low-top-individual-score

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series

1st T20 preview: 3pts Highest Individual Score - Under 55 runs 11/8 Stan James

So far in the two T20’s played on this ground the highest individual score is 36 (which came off 39 balls). Only one of the four innings played here has reached 100 so this isn’t a free scoring ground and even the bigger hitters will struggle to score. It’s likely to be a trial by spin so I’ll take the top score in the match to be under 55. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-1st-t20-betting--tough-scoring-conditions-can-ensure-a-low-top-individual-score

One other bet to go with the above for tonight. 1pt ew K.Williamson Top New Zealand Batsman 5/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) I'm a massive Kane Williamson fan and I think he has a real chance of top scoring for the Kiwis this evening. I say that because he has been playing on a wicket which is hard to score on for the last couple of months in his stint with Gloucestershire and also because he is going to bat at number three in this match. It is clear the bigger hitters aren't going to be assisted in this match so the likes of Guptill, Taylor and Oram won't be helped by the conditions whereas the likes of Brendon McCullum and Jesse Ryder aren't on this limited overs part of the tour. Unlike a lot of his teammates, Guptill aside, Williamson has been playing cricket day in day out for the last couple of months and that should be a real benefit for him as he should be able to find his feet a lot quicker than those who've not been playing recently. With matches in his legs, a sublimely talented technique and a wicket which he'll be better suited to than a lot of others I think Williamson looks a lovely each way punt in this one.

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 2nd T20 preview: 5pts West Indies Highest 1st 6 overs 4/5 Stan James

In the first game the Windies opened with Chris Gayle and Dwayne Smith and those two can outscore any pair in world cricket. With New Zealand being down to their bare bones the Windies openers should be able to give it pasty early on knowing that it is unlikely their line up will be bowled out whereas New Zealand will need to be a bit more deliberate up front to ensure they don’t get bowled out again. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-2nd-t20-betting--chris-gayle-effect-can-see-west-indies-into-a-lead-after-the-first-six-overs

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series ODI series preview: 2pts K.Williamson Top New Zealand Series Batsman 9/2 Bet365

Williamson is a special talent who has been playing a lot of cricket in recent times so he is match sharp and should be confident. The likes of Brendon McCullum and Jesse Ryder aren’t involved in the series so I would say Martin Guptill is the major danger. Guptill is 5/2 whereas Williamson is a 9/2 shot so at almost double the price with a lot less than double the chance I’ll go with Williamson here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-odi-series-betting--kane-williamson-can-take-advantage-of-nz-absentees-to-top-score

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 1st ODI preview: 4pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts - 46&Over 5/6 Bet365

I think the line is too low here. We saw him batter 35 off just 11 balls against this attack in the second T20 while he took wickets in both matches as well as catches. Catches are a feature of his cricket while he has 10 wickets in his last 4 ODI’s on this ground. Throw in his quality with the bat too and I think there is more than enough for him to reach 46. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-1st-odi-betting--dwayne-bravo-can-put-in-a-good-performance-in-series-opener

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series No other series bets for me other than this one.

ODI series preview: 2pts K.Williamson Top New Zealand Series Batsman 9/2 Bet365

Williamson is a special talent who has been playing a lot of cricket in recent times so he is match sharp and should be confident. The likes of Brendon McCullum and Jesse Ryder aren’t involved in the series so I would say Martin Guptill is the major danger. Guptill is 5/2 whereas Williamson is a 9/2 shot so at almost double the price with a lot less than double the chance I’ll go with Williamson here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-odi-series-betting--kane-williamson-can-take-advantage-of-nz-absentees-to-top-score

As for the ODI today I'm taking this one.....
1st ODI preview: 4pts D.Bravo's Performance Pts - 46&Over 5/6 Bet365

I think the line is too low here. We saw him batter 35 off just 11 balls against this attack in the second T20 while he took wickets in both matches as well as catches. Catches are a feature of his cricket while he has 10 wickets in his last 4 ODI’s on this ground. Throw in his quality with the bat too and I think there is more than enough for him to reach 46. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-1st-odi-betting--dwayne-bravo-can-put-in-a-good-performance-in-series-opener

And 2 more...... 4pts Over 7.5 6's 5/6 Ladbrokes This line looks low given the amount of 6's which have been hit at Sabina Park in the past. Even Sri Lanka managed 5 6's on this ground a couple of years ago and we all know they aren't the biggest hitters in the world. There were 11 6's here in the last ODI between West Indies and India and even when India and West Indies played the time before that there were 7 6's even though 188 played 192 in a 50 over match so this is a small ground and the wicket is good unlike some of the wickets in the Caribbean these days. If the Windies bat first this is likely to be over by half time but New Zealand have a couple of rope clearers in their side themselves so I think this line is perfectly within reach here. 1pt ew K.Pollard Top West Indies Batsman 6/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) We saw in the first T20 what Kieron Pollard can do to this bowling attack and against Australia in an ODI in the Caribbean a couple of months ago he scored a century so we know he can perform in the ODI environment and top score in it and we know he can destroy this bowling attack. This West Indies batting line up is quite strong but I would expect Pollard to go up the order if they are setting a score to maximise his hitting potential but even though he might only need to be at the crease for 12-15 overs and he could chase down any score. Given the way he scores and the speed he scores at we know we'll have a chance of at least a place no matter where he bats so that makes Pollard an attractive each way bet here.

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 2nd ODI preview: 4pts S.Narine's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365

The Kiwi players looked all at sea playing Narine in the first ODI and for him to cover a total of 40pts would need him to take 2 wickets which based on what we saw in the first game looks a very strong chance to me. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-2nd-odi-betting--sunil-narine-can-have-the-new-zealanders-in-a-spin-in-2nd-odi

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Two bets for me in today's 2nd ODI. 5pts West Indies (-34.5 runs/4.5 wickets) to win 2nd ODI 5/6 Sportingbet West Indies have been all over New Zealand so far and New Zealand are so weakened by injuries and resting a couple of players that I expect that to be a feature for the rest of the series. New Zealand haven't got into West Indies lower order yet let alone come close to winning a match and with their bowling resources getting more and more stretched all the time the task of bowling to, restricting and invariably getting out Chris Gayle is becoming a lot more difficult. It isn't just Gayle who can destroy what is in essence a second string bowling attack, there's Dwayne Smith, Dwayne Bravo and Marlon Samuels and that's without even worrying about Kieron Pollard. There's no reason why New Zealand shouldn't go well with the bat even without Ross Taylor. That's very much their strength but even then I don't see them scoring enough to get within 35 of this powerhouse West Indies batting line up. Barring any major weird things happening I expect this to be another emphatic win for the hosts in this second ODI. 1pt ew J.Oram Top New Zealand Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1-3) Jacob Oram has looked decent enough with the bat on this tour so far. In both matches he has played he has been second in the New Zealand run charts so he's knocking on the door for a top score. One thing we know about Oram is he's likely to be the quickest scoring batsman in this New Zealand side and when he middles the ball it stays hit and often goes a long way. We saw in the first ODI that this ground isn't nearly big enough for him so I would expect Oram to go well especially as he is unlikely to be facing an awful lot of Sunil Narine. When the medium pacers come along that's when Oram is at his best and at 8/1 he looks an excellent each way bet given that's he's placed in both innings so far but also because he is more than capable of top scoring in an out of form line up even batting at number 7.

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 3rd ODI preview: 4pts BJ.Watling's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365

He is still the keeper in this series even though Tom Latham is around so catches and even stumpings on a potentially slower wicket are more than up for grabs for him. With scores of 60 and 72 not out though he’s clearly more than capable of covering this with the bat which makes the line look very low to me. Full betting here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-3rd-odi-betting--bj-watling-can-continue-his-excellent-series-in-st-kitts

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series

3rd ODI preview: 4pts BJ.Watling's Performance Pts - 36&Over 5/6 Bet365

He is still the keeper in this series even though Tom Latham is around so catches and even stumpings on a potentially slower wicket are more than up for grabs for him. With scores of 60 and 72 not out though he’s clearly more than capable of covering this with the bat which makes the line look very low to me. Full betting here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-3rd-odi-betting--bj-watling-can-continue-his-excellent-series-in-st-kitts

As well as the above I'll take 2 more for this match. 4pts West Indies (-5.5 wickets/42.5runs) to win 3rd ODI 17/20 Sportingbet Nothing has really changed in my thinking from the last match and I expect another West Indies cruise in this one. New Zealand's injuries are still biting and their bowling attack looked cannon fodder and it was only when West Indies brought the slog out that they took wickets in the last game. They are faring better with the bat but West Indies have Narine up their sleeves who is the joker in the pack as scoring off him isn't easy. This wicket will be good for batting and I expect the West Indies' powerful batting line up to set up another big win for the hosts in the first match of the series in St Kitts. 2pts T.Southee Top New Zealand Bowler 7/2 Bet365 I was impressed with Tim Southee in the last game. He was firing in yorkers like he had it on a string at the death and that bodes well for him here. He gets any movement that there is at the start of the innings and he often bowls in the powerplay in the middle of the innings so he bowls at all the right times, he's probably the quickest of the New Zealand bowlers and he can be very hard to get away, especially at the death. He took 3 wickets in the last match and I think a repeat of how he bowled there will be enough to make him the top bowler in this match.

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series 4th ODI preview: 3pts New Zealand to win 4th ODI 5/2 Ladbrokes

New Zealand will be stronger in this match than they were in the last match and the fact that Martin Guptill hasn’t fired in the series yet could prove to be a boost too because that’s only a matter of time until he does. Given that the visitors are stronger I think they are worth backing here because if they can control Gayle they immediately go a long way to winning this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-4th-odi-betting--stronger-new-zealand-side-can-level-the-series-in-4th-odi

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Rest of the 4th ODI bets. Toss at 2 so I'll be quick. This one and two others....

4th ODI preview: 3pts New Zealand to win 4th ODI 5/2 Ladbrokes

New Zealand will be stronger in this match than they were in the last match and the fact that Martin Guptill hasn’t fired in the series yet could prove to be a boost too because that’s only a matter of time until he does. Given that the visitors are stronger I think they are worth backing here because if they can control Gayle they immediately go a long way to winning this match. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-4th-odi-betting--stronger-new-zealand-side-can-level-the-series-in-4th-odi

which are.... 4pts A.Russell's Performance Pts - 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Andre Russell is having an excellent series. He's taken 4 wickets in two of the three matches and he took one in the other match. He has 42 off 24 balls in the only match in the series in which he's got a bat. He's an excellent all round cricketer who has shown that he can cover this line with bat and with ball which is exactly what I like when I take a performance bet. Plenty to suggest this line isn't high enough. 1pt ew N.McCullum Top New Zealand Batsman 25/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Check you back the right McCullum. This will be a stronger New Zealand side in this match but Nathan McCullum at seven still has the credentials, the shots and most importantly the scoring power to place at a big price and top score if the bigger hitters fail. Yes with Taylor and Brendon McCullum back this will be a much more powerful Kiwi side but McCullum is only replacing the top scorer in the series and Taylor still has fitness issues. McCullum was second in the last match with 50 and at 25/1 I'll pay to see how close he can be to the top score in this 4th ODI.

Re: West Indies vs New Zealand - 2xT20 Internationals & ODI Series Final ODI preview: 3pts New Zealand to win 5th ODI 7/4 Betfred

I think New Zealand are worth trying again here. There’s a lot more for them to get out of this match than the West Indies and they don’t really have the options to rotate and rest their players because they have a lot of injuries. West Indies might get a bit sloppy with the series in the bag and at 7/4 I like the look of New Zealand, who weren’t far away in the last match, here. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/west-indies-vs-new-zealand-5th-odi-betting--new-zealand-can-claim-some-consolation-in-final-match-of-the-series