** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Antepost > Evo-Stik Southern Prem

[h=4]Southern Premier 2012/2013 winner - Outright - EW 1/4 1,2,3[/h] [TABLE=class: list_coupon standard_table coupon_event] [TR] [TH] Sat 1 Jun 15:00 [/TH] [TH=class: button] Price [/TH] [/TR]

[TR] [TD]Cambridge City[/TD] [TD=class: button] 4/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Stourbridge[/TD] [TD=class: button] 7/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Chesham United[/TD] [TD=class: button] 8/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]St Neots Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 8/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Leamington[/TD] [TD=class: button] 10/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]AFC Totton[/TD] [TD=class: button] 10/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]St Albans City[/TD] [TD=class: button] 10/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Chippenham Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 12/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Kettering Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 14/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bedworth United[/TD] [TD=class: button] 20/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Barwell[/TD] [TD=class: button] 20/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hitchin Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 20/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bashley[/TD] [TD=class: button] 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Redditch United[/TD] [TD=class: button] 25/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Banbury Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 33/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bideford[/TD] [TD=class: button] 33/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Bedford Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 33/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Gosport Borough[/TD] [TD=class: button] 33/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Weymouth[/TD] [TD=class: button] 50/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Frome Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 50/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Arlesey Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 66/1 [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Hemel Hempstead Town[/TD] [TD=class: button] 66/1 [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Please Note - Kettering will start season on -10 points.

• 4 weeks later...

Re: England > Antepost > Evo-Stik Southern Prem Corals' complete Step 3s are out and they've set Cambridge City a very punchy 5/6 (I'm guessing they mean 5/1). If they manage to bag Jordan Patrick, who supposedly signed for Kettering a couple of weeks back but who has been on trial with City, they'll do very well and have one of the stars of the section, but I believe he's trialling elsewhere at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: England > Antepost > Evo-Stik Southern Prem St Neots look to be in a right mess what with several players going and the manager resigning. A side that look to be overpriced are Bedworth United, who were playing really well towards the end of the season and carried that momentum into the play offs, which they won with really big crowds. The other market leaders look correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: England > Antepost > Evo-Stik Southern Prem What a nightmare this section is... this and the Ryman Prem present a particularly thorny problem this season. It's easier to point out the deficiencies of the major contenders. The favourites are Cambridge City once again. At the end of last season boss Gary Roberts was bemoaning his small squad that meant the side lost momentum at key moments. This was exactly the point this thread made last summer, when City were an equally unappealing short-priced market leader. But in fairness they've done well to keep the squad together and add one or two decent bodies in Jordan Patrick and Tom Pepper. Have they added sufficient depth? Not quite enough for me to justify the quotes, though 11/2 at Corals does have some appeal. Chesham United at 9s have made the signing of the summer in Michael Chennels. They've a decent reserve set-up, too, and if Andy Leese has a fair wind they can go well. St Neots Town have kept Stefan Moore and Ben Mackey - there's no better strike force - but the sudden departure of Dennis Greene and the quality of the signings who've come in suggests a transitional season. St Albans City have kept the bulk of the squad intact and added quite well, and 10s looks decent. AFC Totton under Steve Riley also have a transitional feel about them. Barwell have added some real depth to the squad and picking up Guy Hadland and Mark Albrighton will stiffen up their weakish rearguard and in Richard Lavery they've bagged a decent midfielder, again with higher level experience. They look a striker short for me, but even so the 10s (it was 12s) is appealing. Leamington - one of my annual fancies - have brought in Joe Magunda and Lewis Powell, and have much appeal again at 12s, though once again a tactical inflexibility can be their downfall. Chippenham Town under Nathan Rudge could be dark horses at a tops of 14. Arlesey Town have brought in the impressive Bedford strikeforce of Drew Roberts and James Hatch and 66s seems a bit far out. An even better EW play, I think, is Gosport Borough at 40s - they have retained Justin Bennett and added some real quality to the squad. We should also mention Stourbridge, who are available at 12s, and haven't done anything in the summer to suggest they'll go any worse than last season. It maybe just me, but I am finding this really tricky to call. I wouldn't be surprised to see Barwell and Leamington fighting it out at the top - they have squads with a bit more depth for a long campaign, with Chesham United not far behind, then perhaps Cambridge City and Gosport Borough making up the top five. In truth, this is probably an antepost market to exploit in a month or so, when the poor starters will be available at much healthier prices.