** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012 Livescore Thread

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Livescore Thread

I only get a push out of Mayer but will gladly take that. Feel for slider though' date=' not a nice way to lose a bet. Mayer gets an unfair rep on these threads, however.[/quote'] The problem is that he puts in utterly pathetic performances after these sort of matches though. Losing to players he should beat. He never builds on these sort of results. Had a bad feeling about this one when Petzschner went two sets up, reminded me a bit of their US Open match. Mayer was always going to have his moment in the match and once he gets into the zone then he's literally unbeatable, plays like superman and does those donkey drop shots.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Livescore Thread Yeah Petzschner is a lunatic but I knew what I was getting myself into. Certified mental midget if you can't beat someone like Mayer 2 sets to love up and on your favourite surface. Apparently he knows Mayer very well personally as well so probably has a bit of an inferiority complex, judging by today and the head to head. If Mayer mentally checks out of his next match like I think he will then I'll personally go down to SW19 and lamp him :lol

Who does Mayer play next? Can't remember off the top of my head. Regarding Stan, you have to question the sanity of a man who left his wife days after their first kid was born. He's a weird one, if you ask me. Saying that, his missus could have been mental for all I know!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Livescore Thread If Mayer plays a serve bot then he might fancy chopping them down but any baseliner and he'll be there for the taking. Got vivid memories of him beautifully taking Fish apart last year and then just getting dismissed by Malisse the round after. May have been 2010 actually.

Christ, I'll have a job pricing Mayer v Janowicz/Gulbis up! Almost took Tipsarevic on the -7.5 line, would have hit it had it been bigger. One good thing of setting a target price and holding back if it's not there!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Livescore Thread

Desperately awaiting (hoping) for the Gulbis checkout. Not happening just at the minute though. :unsure
Janowicz getting ominiously moved around the baseline. I think a Gulbis meltdown is our only hope. :unsure

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Livescore Thread Please no rain delays. This will completely kill the Janowizc bet. Gulbis will just keep coming back refreshed and re-focused with rain breaks and Janowicz liable to do something silly. The match needs to drag out and be long.