** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June

kevshat

The second of the European Tour event series takes place in Berlin over the weekend. The tournament plays out to the same format as the one in Austria in April and while it's not being televised anywhere to my knowledge, a couple of bookmakers have priced up on it so there is money to be made.

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June Tournament preview: 1pt ew M.King to win German Darts Championship 33/1 Blue Square (1/2 1,2) 1pt ew R.Baxter to win German Darts Championship 50/1 Blue Square (1/2 1,2)

Mervyn King has bounced back to form in recent weeks after a long suffering elbow injury which hampered his game for a good 12-18 months. He has made a couple of quarter finals of tour events and looks to be playing well again and in a draw where only really Adrian Lewis is there to deny him a good crack at making at least the semi finals King could be worth a bet. Another man who is worth a bet this week is Ronnie Baxter. Baxter won a tournament last weekend when he beat Adrian Lewis in the final of a Players Championship tournament in Birmingham. In that final which Baxter won 6-3 he had a 100 average and hit 6 180’s.

Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/european-tour-event-2-betting--mervyn-king-and-ronnie-baxter-can-continue-their-resurgence-in-berlin

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June Two match previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat J.Pipe 11/8 Blue Square

I make van Gerwen a very big price here because if it does all click I don’t think there’s a player in the game who can cope with him. I include Taylor in that too. One thing I’ve noticed through the years with van Gerwen is he tends to play in spurts so he’ll have a good month and then a bad couple of months. If this is a good month even the in form Justin Pipe needs to be worrying. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-van-gerwen-betting--michael-van-gerwen-can-beat-justin-pipe-for-the-second-time-in-the-space-of-a-week 4pts D.Winstanley to beat M.Walsh 5/6 Blue Square

I think Winstanley has that bit of scoring power that Mark Walsh doesn’t have and the form and confidence should definitely be with the Yorkshireman. Walsh is known for missing a few doubles and when his confidence is down it can take a while to come back. Winstanley should outscore Walsh over 11 legs and as long as he takes his chances I think he can be the man into Saturday’s second round. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/walsh-vs-winstanley-betting--dean-winstanley-can-gain-revenge-for-grand-slam-defeat-to-mark-walsh-in-berlin

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June

Tournament preview: 1pt ew M.King to win German Darts Championship 33/1 Blue Square (1/2 1,2) 1pt ew R.Baxter to win German Darts Championship 50/1 Blue Square (1/2 1,2)

Mervyn King has bounced back to form in recent weeks after a long suffering elbow injury which hampered his game for a good 12-18 months. He has made a couple of quarter finals of tour events and looks to be playing well again and in a draw where only really Adrian Lewis is there to deny him a good crack at making at least the semi finals King could be worth a bet. Another man who is worth a bet this week is Ronnie Baxter. Baxter won a tournament last weekend when he beat Adrian Lewis in the final of a Players Championship tournament in Birmingham. In that final which Baxter won 6-3 he had a 100 average and hit 6 180’s.

Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/european-tour-event-2-betting--mervyn-king-and-ronnie-baxter-can-continue-their-resurgence-in-berlin

As well as these two outrights I've taken one more. 0.5pts ew M.van Gerwen to win German Darts Championship 80/1 Blue Square (1/2 1,2) Michael van Gerwen showed last week what he is all about and when it all clicks nobody in the game can stop him. He averaged 109 in beating Pipe in the quarter finals in Birmingham last week and then dropped just three legs in beating the UK Open champion Robert Thornton and Simon Whitlock in the semi final and final. In the first round of that tournament Whitlock averaged 104 so to beat him 6-1 in the final shows how well van Gerwen is playing right now. We saw how well he was playing in the UK Open so this form isn't a flash in the pan from him and if he replicates that sort of form out in Berlin this weekend he can go a very long way. Yes he's in Taylor and Anderson's half of the draw which is why his price is so big but also why I've only gone with a mini stake on him but even those two will struggle to beat him if he's in the form of last week. At 80/1 I'll pay to see which MVG shows up this weekend.

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June

Two match previews: 4pts M.van Gerwen to beat J.Pipe 11/8 Blue Square

I make van Gerwen a very big price here because if it does all click I don’t think there’s a player in the game who can cope with him. I include Taylor in that too. One thing I’ve noticed through the years with van Gerwen is he tends to play in spurts so he’ll have a good month and then a bad couple of months. If this is a good month even the in form Justin Pipe needs to be worrying. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/pipe-vs-van-gerwen-betting--michael-van-gerwen-can-beat-justin-pipe-for-the-second-time-in-the-space-of-a-week 4pts D.Winstanley to beat M.Walsh 5/6 Blue Square

I think Winstanley has that bit of scoring power that Mark Walsh doesn’t have and the form and confidence should definitely be with the Yorkshireman. Walsh is known for missing a few doubles and when his confidence is down it can take a while to come back. Winstanley should outscore Walsh over 11 legs and as long as he takes his chances I think he can be the man into Saturday’s second round. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/walsh-vs-winstanley-betting--dean-winstanley-can-gain-revenge-for-grand-slam-defeat-to-mark-walsh-in-berlin

Have taken Winstanley from the two above. Not taken MVG as I'm on him outright. Taking four others though. 3pts D.Webster to beat M.Webster 12/5 Blue Square I think this is a lot closer than these odds suggest. We saw in the UK Open just how badly Mark Webster is playing at the minute. He was hitting 1's and 5's like they were going out of fashion and missed an awful lot of doubles. He came past Johnny Haines in the opening game of that tournament but he was incredibly fortunate to do that and I'm not convinced he'll be so lucky here. Darren Webster is nothing special as a darts player but he's been around a fair while and once upon on a time he was a quarter finalist of the World Championship in 2007. That shows the pedigree he has got and this year he's qualified out of Q School which is no easy feat and he's reached a couple of quarter finals on the floor which again is no mean effort. He has a few last 16's to his name too so his return to the PDC circuit has been a good one. Mark Webster, amazingly for someone with his undoubted ability, has only been past the last 16 once all year and that's not good enough. His confidence looked very low in the UK Open and if Darren Webster can take his A game out to Berlin with him then he could be the Webster into the second round not Mark. 3pts S.Hill to beat C.Stompe 11/4 Sportingbet While we're on the subject of players who looks awful at the UK Open here's Co Stompe. He was pathetic in the tournament and I've seen averaged from him since in floor events which haven't even been at 80. I don't know what has gone wrong with Stompe but whatever it is it's gone completely wrong. The one thing you would say about him is he's an entertainer and plays the stage well but he looked shot to pieces at the UK Open confidence wise. That's no surprise though really given that he has only been past the last 32 once on tour all year. He also has six first round exits to his name which isn't good form especially in the UK Open's where his draw should be easy in the first round. Sam Hill is still very young and playing on the Youth tour and while he isn't blowing all before him away in that tour it is a very competitive tour but he is still winning matches which is good for his confidence. On the few occasions he has stepped into senior territory he did manage to beat Justin Pipe which is no mean feat. Hill has nothing at all to lose and if Stompe puts in another one of his shockers then the youngster will have every chance. Youngsters don't fear the stage anymore so Hill has to be considered a big price here given Stompe's form of 2012 so far and how awful he looked in Bolton. 3pts L.de Geus to beat A.Tabern 7/4 Blue Square Leon de Geus is a rank unknown in the PDC world but to qualify for this he beat Roland Scholten and that was only a week before Scholten should have dumped Taylor out of the UK Open so the Dutch player must have some ability in him in order to do that. Alan Tabern has got ability in him but one thing he hasn't got is confidence. Like Webster and Stompe before him he looked rubbish at the UK Open and it was only a sign of how poor Stompe was that Tabern won a match. Even he admitted he was rubbish and unless he suddenly finds something here he has to be primed for an upset. Tabern's form has been that bad that in 2012 he hasn't been past the last 32 of any event and has lost five times in the first round and a load more times in the second round. Tabern isn't winning matches and being a heavy favourite probably isn't a good position to be in for him. With nothing to lose I'll take the Dutchman in this one. 3pts J.Walker to beat V.van der Voort 2/1 Blue Square Jimmy Walker's another of the big price brigade in this match. We saw him at the UK Open where he beat James Richardson and was unlucky to walk into a rampant Joe Cullen in the last 64 however his match against Richardson showed he can play. Van der Voort's fitness issue is well known now. He is struggling with a back issue and still it isn't right and we've not seen anything like the best darts out of the lanky Dutchman for a good while. He hasn't been past the last 16 of any event since February and is another one struggling with his game right now. Even when he's on form he's erratic at the best of times so when he isn't on form he's a sitting duck really. A first and second round defeat in Birmingham does nothing to suggest van der Voort's form is coming back anytime soon. The latter was a 6-1 defeat to Matt Clark which isn't pretty. Walker had the same results last week but he's made a host of last 32's in UK Open qualifiers and things over the last couple of months which means he's winning matches and better matches than VVDV as Walker's ranking will mean he gets harder early draws. Walker beat Baxter in Vienna and has a 6-1 win over Dave Chisnall to his name this year so at 2/1 I think the Leicester man is worth a punt here.

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June Cruel after with Walker losing from 5-1 up and the others all leading either deep into the match or by 2 legs at one stage. Thankfully I benefitted from one comeback from Winstanley but still -8.66 for the afternoon somehow :(. Just the one for me this evening. 4pts S.Beaton to beat K.Huybrechts 6/4 Blue Square Steve Beaton looked garbage at the UK Open but it didn't take him long to bounce back into some form. That form came in the Players Championship tournament in Birmingham last weekend where he made it to the quarter finals. Having beaten the likes of Antonio Alcinas and Devon Petersen he played Barneveld in the last 16 and beat him 6-4 with a 105 average so the Adonis is playing well again it is safe to say. He'll need to play well in this match because his Belgian opponent will be the real deal in 12-18 months time. He's not quite there yet but he's very close and he's been playing well, as we saw in the UK Open. However we also saw in the UK Open a couple of slow starts and struggling to close a couple of matches out and he can't afford either if Beaton brings his A game to the party. Huybrechts lost in the first round of a Players Championship tournament to Andy Jenkins last weekend which shows his game isn't quite perfect just yet so at 6/4 I'll take the more experienced Beaton, who tends to stay in form for long periods when he finds his form, to win this one at a much bigger price than I make him in the match.

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June The bad run with comebacks continued last night with Beaton losing from 3-0 up :eyes. Going to keep persevering though in the hope someone can hold a lead. 4pts C.Lloyd to beat P.Nicholson Evs Sportingbet Colin Lloyd is playing very well at the minute as we saw in the UK Open when he beat James Wade 9-5. We also saw that in his first round win yesterday when he beat Alex Roy 6-5 but with a nine dart finish mixed in. Paul Nicholson has been out of form for a long while. He hasn't been past a last 16 in any tournament since he and Simon Whitlock made the World Cup final. He has been making noises of a shoulder injury in recent weeks which clearly seems to be hampering him when he's throwing. Lloyd has no such problems and we are finally seeing the sort of darts he was producing 10 or so years ago again. Nicholson came past the German Andree Welge in the opening round but that doesn't mean his form has turned and at even money with the way he's been playing recently Lloyd looks the pick here especially as he comes into the match off the back of a semi final run last weekend and the high of the nine darter yesterday.

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June That was better with Lloyd winning 6-2. Two for tonight. 4pts M.Barnard to beat C.Stompe 6/4 Sportingbet Co Stompe won yesterday but he fell 2-0 down early on before the youngster realised where he was and panicked a little but Co still didn't play well. Michael Barnard was a bit more fortunate that Gary Anderson had an eye issue but he had knocked in a solid 15 dart leg in the leg which was played and if he can put in a few of them in this match then I think he will go very well. Stompe when he's at his best needs a rhythm and he's unlikely to get that against the slow and deliberate Barnard who when he is on form scores very heavily indeed. Even though Co will have most of the crowd behind him in this match I fancy Barnard is going to give him a real game and given how poor Stompe's form is right now I couldn't possibly be having Barnard any bigger than even money so with that in mind I'll back the Englishman at a very big 6/4. 4pts J.Hubbard to beat P.Wright Evs BetVictor As most people know I'm a big fan of Peter Wright but I fancy he could be upstaged by the world youth champion this evening. Hubbard is riding the crest of a wave at the minute. He won the world youth title last month and has had a couple of good runs in Players Championship tournaments since then which is important for him as he has one eye on the World Matchplay next month. If he is to qualify for that he needs a decent cheque this week which probably involves him winning another match if not two. Hubbard beat the world champion Adrian Lewis last night and he beat him fair and square with a 97 average which should have given him no end of confidence coming into this match. Peter Wright wasn't at his best in sneaking past Prakash Jiwa yesterday afternoon and if Wright is slightly off his game tonight then I think Hubbard can continue taking advantage of a draw which has opened right up by beating Wright and setting up a L16 clash with Mervyn King.

Re: European Tour Event 2 - German Darts Championship 22-24 June Level night last night after Hubbard won but Barnard lost a deciding leg. Going with one this afternoon and hoping my outrights come through unscathed. 4pts T.Jenkins to beat D.Chisnall 5/4 Blue Square Terry Jenkins played superbly in beating John Part last night and if he can replicate that then he is going to have every chance this afternoon. Dave Chisnall is playing wonderfully well at the minute and is one of the form horses in the world but as we saw in the UK Open he does have a poor performance in him every now and again. Terry Jenkins is back playing very well. I was very impressed with how he held his nerves under the weight of a bombardment by the special Michael van Gerwen in the UK Open and in the end it was only Phil Taylor who ended Jenkins' run there and there is never a shame in losing to him. Jenkins banged in 6 180's in 8 legs against Part last night and a 100 average to boot so if he can find that devastating scoring this afternoon then he is going to take an awful lot of beating here even against someone as good as Dave Chisnall is.