** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series

kevshat

Sri Lanka and Pakistan play out a three match test series which begins in the morning. As far as I know it isn't on TV in the UK but I'm sure there will be streams of it to be found for those wanting to watch it. The usual markets are all up so there are some betting opportunities on the series. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Fri Jun 22 - Tue Jun 26 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Galle International Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sat Jun 30 - Wed Jul 4 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Sinhalese Sports Club Ground, Colombo [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Jul 8 - Thu Jul 12 04:30 GMT | 10:00 local 05:30 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Test - Sri Lanka v Pakistan Pallekele International Cricket Stadium [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series Series Preview: 2pts A.Ali Top Pakistan Series Batsman 4/1 Ladbrokes

Azhar had a very good one day series unlike the rest of his colleagues so he comes into this series in good form. He was the second highest scorer in the series against Sri Lanka at the back end of last year and followed that up with an excellent series against England at the start of the year where his last innings was 157. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-test-series-betting--azhar-ali-can-take-his-odi-form-into-the-test-series-and-top-score-for-pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series 1st Test preview: 2pts Pakistan to win 1st Test 4/1 BetVictor

Pakistan might just be worth a go in this match. The weather in the lead up in Galle has been pretty good and it is very rare that Sri Lanka take 20 wickets in a match. Pakistan play spin well so you would think Herath’s threat won’t be as strong as it was against England here when he took 12 wickets in the test match.

Full preview here: http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-1st-test-betting--pakistan-can-make-it-six-consecutive-test-wins-with-win-in-galle

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series As well as the two bets above I'm taking 3 more for the opening test in the morning. 4pts S.Ajmal's Performance Pts - 112&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Saeed Ajmal is a world class performer these days and I think he will have conditions to his liking in this match. In each of the last three test matches at Galle there has been a 5 wicket haul for a spinner in the first innings so that shows how early the wicket will turn. In the last match on this ground Rangana Herath took 12 wickets against England while Graeme Swann picked up a second innings 6 for so wickets will fall to spin in this match no matter how good the batsmen are at playing spin. Saeed Ajmal has the ball which can go either way so he is adept at bowling to both left and right handers and with Pakistan only likely to go in with two quicks I would expect Ajmal to bowl a lot of overs in the test match. Obviously 6 wickets in the match gets the job done but I think 5 will be enough because he's good enough with the bat to get a dozen and he might even snaffle a catch somewhere along the line. 5 wickets is more than achievable given how spinners have fared here recently so I'm happy to take the overs in this one. 3pts Y.Khan Under 30.5 1st Inns Runs 5/6 Ladbrokes Younis Khan is in rotten form at the minute. In his last seven ODI innings he's only passed 12 on one occasion and in the ODI's against Sri Lanka over the last couple of weeks he's batted three times and hasn't gone past five yet. Of course test cricket is a different game and should bring the best out of him but Pakistan will be wanting him to score a lot of runs without Misbah and I'm not convinced mentally he will do that. Even when he does fire in tests a lot of his runs come in the second innings including his 100 in the last test against England earlier in the year. Although this Sri Lankan attack looks tame without Malinga and Murali you'd have to say Younis hasn't really looked like troubling the scorers recently so with his poor form in mind I will take him to score less than 31 in the first innings here which would need him to stay at the crease a long time given the way he scores. He just don't look in that form at the minute. 1pt ew P.Jayawardene Top Sri Lanka Batsman (1st Inns Only) 12/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Make sure you get the right Jayawardene if following me. Prasanna Jayawardene top scored in Sri Lanka's second innings against England in the last test match played here and he showed in that series that he can clearly bat. To be fair with a test match average of over 30 batting at number seven with four tons he has shown that in the past too. He comes into this series fresh and ready for battle which not many of the Sri Lankan batsmen do and those who played in the ODI series could take an innings or so to adjust to the different format. Even if they don't Jayawardene can always go well when he gets to the crease. He only played one test against Pakistan in the UAE in the winter but he scored 120 in it which shows he can play this attack so I think at 12/1 there's plenty to merit a small each way punt on the lesser of the two Jayawardene's, the wicket keeping version.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series Second test preview: 4pts M-ul-Haq's Performance Pts - 78&Over 5/6 Bet365

The line looks very low to be at 78 as he’ll have a couple of innings to cover the total but in all likelihood he could easily cover in one. Throw in a couple of catches which are perfectly possible and he has the potential to cruise past it. Misbah averages over 45 in tests so two ‘average’ innings sees him scoring 90pts. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-betting--misbah-can-cover-his-performance-target-on-return-from-suspension

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series Made 1.83pts in the first test.

Second test preview: 4pts M-ul-Haq's Performance Pts - 78&Over 5/6 Bet365

The line looks very low to be at 78 as he’ll have a couple of innings to cover the total but in all likelihood he could easily cover in one. Throw in a couple of catches which are perfectly possible and he has the potential to cruise past it. Misbah averages over 45 in tests so two ‘average’ innings sees him scoring 90pts. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-2nd-test-betting--misbah-can-cover-his-performance-target-on-return-from-suspension

As well as the above bet I'll take one more for the second test which should be batting dominated. 4pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 92&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kumar Sangakkara is in excellent touch right now. He had a cracking ODI series where he nearly scored a ton and then he hit 199* in the first test so he is seeing it like a football at the minute. On this ground Sangakkara averages a ludicrous 74.73 runs per innings and his last seven knocks in tests on this ground have been 45, 130*, 50, 109, 219, 42* and 79 so this is a wicket he loves playing on. Earlier in his career he has a 232 here against South Africa, 185 against Pakistan and 287 against South Africa so it is clear to see he bats well here. With two innings I think he covers this total easily but even with one he will have every chance. Throw in the catches that he could take and this total doesn't look high enough either so I will take the overs here even though Sangakkara isn't wicket keeping. His record on this ground suggests no other play can be taken other than the overs.

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series 3rd test preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 3rd Test (DNB) 13/8 Bet365

I think Pakistan are worth taking a chance with here although with the weather the way it is in Sri Lanka at the minute it is best to take them on the draw no bet market. When there is something in the wicket they have much the better attack to extract it. Earlier in the series and the tour it was Pakistan’s batting which let them down but the batsmen came to the party in Colombo. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-3rd-test-betting--pakistan-s-bowlers-can-enjoy-better-bowling-conditions-to-level-the-series

Re: Sri Lanka vs Pakistan - Test Series Final test begins in the morning. Four for me. This one

3rd test preview: 4pts Pakistan to win 3rd Test (DNB) 13/8 Bet365

I think Pakistan are worth taking a chance with here although with the weather the way it is in Sri Lanka at the minute it is best to take them on the draw no bet market. When there is something in the wicket they have much the better attack to extract it. Earlier in the series and the tour it was Pakistan’s batting which let them down but the batsmen came to the party in Colombo. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/sri-lanka-vs-pakistan-3rd-test-betting--pakistan-s-bowlers-can-enjoy-better-bowling-conditions-to-level-the-series

and.... 4pts K.Sangakkara's Performance Pts - 95&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kumar Sangakkara couldn't be in better form if he tried at the minute. He comes into this match off the back of a solid ODI series and in the test series he has hit a pair of 190 odd scores so he must be seeing the ball like an absolute football at the minute. In the only test match he has batted on this ground in he scored 48 and 69 so he has good vibes of the wicket he's about to play on which can be crucial. The way he's been going in this series so far he will need just one innings to cover this total but there's two innings and I would expect him to get a catch or two at slip even though he's not keeping so those catches and two innings should be enough to see the classy Sangakkara up to 95pts in this test match. 4pts M.ul-Haq (-0.5 runs) to beat T.Samaraweera (1st Inns Only) 5/6 Ladbrokes Thilan Samaraweera is in the middle of a right rut and there's no immediate signs that he's going to break out of it either. He's only scored 21 runs in three innings in this series which highlights the sort of form he's in. Contrast that to Misbah who is having an excellent tour with the bat and I struggle to see why Misbah is only giving up half a run here. Misbah scored 66* in the second test having missed the first but he also scored well in the ODI series which proceeded this test series. Pakistan have the better bowling attack of the two sides here so they are more likely to deal with the out of form Samaraweera than Sri Lanka's bowlers are to deal with Misbah so I'll take the Pakistan captain to outscore his opposite number five in this match. 2pt S.Randiv Top Sri Lanka Bowler (1st Inns Only) 4/1 Stan James Randiv looks a big price to me here given that he's been Sri Lanka's top bowler in three of the four innings in the series so far. That's not totally surprising because Pakistan's players are good at playing mundane spin which Herath provides but Randiv has a couple of different balls which aren't always easy to pick and the top spin he puts on the ball can often catch a batsman out. There's nothing in Sri Lanka's seamers that is likely to rip through a side barring some unforeseen circumstances so you would think this is a match between Randiv and Herath. Given that Randiv has more wickets in the series than Herath and has been top bowler three times already I think the off spinner looks a decent value pick in this third and final test match.