** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012

Re: Wimbledon 2012 The Murray hype train is starting again, and guess what, he still won't win Wimbledon...:lol. Rotten section of the draw still and if he does reach the final, Djokovic or Fed will take him out. Almagro +3.5 games vs Gasquet @ 1.990 (Pinnacle:4pts) I'm a self-confessed Almagro fan, I have to say, and I think he is overpriced here at 2.8ish against a choking underachiever like Gasquet. Almagro is serving great so far this week and although clay is where he does his best work, a match-up like this should see him compete well. He had some troubles on his first grass match vs Rochus but stepped up a gear against Rufin despite losing a set which is always possible with Almagro. Gasquet doing reasonably well too, comfy wins on paper even if he had some little struggles during those matches with Kamke and Bemelmans who cant really hurt him, pretty handy draw aswell tbf. He has more grass pedigree but I doubt he can convincingly beat Almagro today, I wouldn't have Gasquet priced below 1.80 in this one. Should be 4 or 5 sets aswell imo, and can see a tie-break but value with Nico for me.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2012

I think if you like to trade, backing Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic and Milos Raonic on the exchanges could be the way to go. One of them will probably make the final so then you'd have a great chance of locking in profit. That half of the draw is now blown wide open - it could be anyone who makes the final. For the record, you can back the following on the exchanges: Murray @ 7.6 Tsonga @ 14.5 Raonic @ 120 Cilic @ 180 Depends if you're into that sort of stuff but you could make a pretty penny if one of those four makes it to the final.
I don't really use Betfair a great deal but without doubt that is a good way to go if looking to trade or get some big prices. I favour Murray over those others and won't necessarily look to secure profit (I rarely do) but with Federer or Djokovic likely to make the final it is a possibility and may be the most sensible way to go. A long way to go before having to think about that.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Taken a few more this morning in addition to Malisse last night. Florian Mayer (-3.5 games) to beat Jerzy Janowicz- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) As much as I am a Janowicz fan after he did the business for me against Gulbis, this should be the end of the road for him here. Mayer came back from 2 sets down in the previous round to beat his mate Petzschner and he'll really fancy his chances in this one. He should be able to move the Pole around the court with his unorthodox variety and cope with the power Janowicz gets on his serve. In all honesty, he was a little fortunate to get past Gulbis as the Latvian had a few break points in the fourth set and if he would have taken them he would have won the match. Mayer will be more professional if you like and won't be as liable to go missing for a set straight after winning one like Gulbis does. Mayer only just recently beat Janowicz on clay in straight sets and I think he'll do the job again today on the qualifier. Denis Istomin (-3.5 games) to beat Alejandro Falla- 7/10 BetVictor- (4/10) Think Istomin has a good shot of making the fourth round here given the amount of tennis Falla has been forced to play thus far. Epic 5 set matches against Isner and Mahut will have really taken it out of the Colombian mentally, if not physically as well. Even when he was leading against Mahut, he still let the Frenchman claw it back to 2 sets all and had a fair bit of difficulty in closing the match out. He's not really been given enough rest time IMO to come into another 5 set match which could really be a problem for him especially when you consider Istomin will be looking to hit winners whenever he can and is usually pretty solid on serve. He comfortably beat Andreev in the last round after narrowly beating Seppi and looks to be in decent form with wins over Llodra and Granollers last week. He's already managed to beat Falla on clay this year, a surface which Istomin isn't particularly comfortable on and I think on a quicker surface with a fatigued Falla, he'll win this with a bit to spare. Richard Gasquet (-3.5 games) to beat Nicolas Almagro- 10/11 Stan James- (4/10) Right so I'm going against Atko, Czech and now IAG all in one bet which you will seldom ever see from me but Gasquet is one of those occasions. It's been noted how inconsistent Gasquet is and although I've opposed him in both of his matches so far and he has had a few problems, some of his tennis has been impressive I must say. He's been extremely good on return which is what he'll have to be today as Almagro's serve is extremely solid generally and his backhand has bee working extremely well which is always a good sign and indicator to how well the Frenchman is playing. Almagro has gone back to his old self in that he's dropped sets to Rochus and Rufin which he really shouldn't be doing, even on grass. The little Belgian almost beat the Spaniard in fact which doesn't give me any sort of confidence and I'm just not convinced about him over here on the grass. He has beaten Gasquet in every match they've played, (3 in total) but on the grass I think Gasquet may just do the job and with a touch to spare come the end. It may go to 4 or 5 sets in fact, but the handicap is still low enough for me to back the Frenchman here.

I think if you like to trade, backing Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic and Milos Raonic on the exchanges could be the way to go. One of them will probably make the final so then you'd have a great chance of locking in profit. That half of the draw is now blown wide open - it could be anyone who makes the final. For the record, you can back the following on the exchanges: Murray @ 7.6 Tsonga @ 14.5 Raonic @ 120 Cilic @ 180 Depends if you're into that sort of stuff but you could make a pretty penny if one of those four makes it to the final.
Think the price you have Raonic at is actually the price of Ferrer mate...

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Someone here suggested Murray to win the slam.. Tomorrow he faces Bagdatis...i doubt that murray has easy job here...i watched the cypriot yesterday, he looks in good form, i wouldnt be surprised to see baggy winner..

Raonic still has a lot of work to do. He's very wooden. Doesn't move well enough to be a serious threat yet in Slams. Fine against lower ranked players but better ones take care of him. His footwork before shots is shoddy. Nothing a bit of coaching can't solve though.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 for me under 18.5 fore federer I bank today.benneteau is good on this surface but roger is other level player.already lost one set agains Russell I don't julien can through to 5-5 in any set today. odd are around 2.1 in paddy .

for me under 18.5 fore federer I bank today.benneteau is good on this surface but roger is other level player.already lost one set agains Russell I don't julien can through to 5-5 in any set today. odd are around 2.1 in paddy .
I remember playing a similar bet for Federer at Wimbledon vs Falla a few years back, under 18.5 games, thinking Fed would win 6- 6- 6-, ended up going two sets down....:lol....dunno about Benny though, but there's little margin for error in those bets I find. Havent seen much of Federer this week but seems to be playing well so good luck with that.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 For today :) __________________________________________________ ____________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 19:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Youzhny M. - Tipsarevic J. @2.65 Unibet Bet: 6/10 Comment: I don't know, for me these odds looks value. Both players are in same level on grass courts, even more - Youzhny looks better this season than Tipsarevic. Youzhny have won versus Donald Young in first round 3-1 giving away 1st set and won over Inigo Cervantes-Huegun in 3 sets, really easily 6:1 6:3 6:4 with no serve lose. Also Youzhny this season started with 3 wins before Wimbledon over Haase, Dolgopolov and Stepanek, losing only to Federer. It's really looks impressive because opponents was really good. Tipsarevic eliminated Nalbandian and Sweeting from Wimbledon somehow giving away one set to Sweeting. Looks good, but i just saw Tipsarevic game with Sweeting and he's play didn't impressed - no atacks, just pushing ball over the net, long rallys, boring for sure. So just hoping Youzhny will play as always and should be win. Good luck! __________________________________________________ ____________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 17:30 (GMT +3) Pick: Verdasco F. - Malisse X. (-2.5) @2.01 Pinnacle Bet: 6/10 Comment: Malisse is in great form at this moment, wins over Marinko Matosevic (who is actually in great form too) and Gilles Simon, both in 3 sets. Before Wimbledon this season he also started really nice with 6/2 in record and 51/26 now in career. It's just show how good he is on grass, just saw this two games and it's amazing how good he's hitting the ball and how moving around the court. I don't see nothink what can stop him at this stage playing Verdasco, who have won over two poor players like Zemlja and Wang, even lost a set to Zemlja. Serve not working for Verdasco also, lost couple of serves to he's opponents in first and 2nd stages. Before Wimbledon Verdasco playd two games, and even there had problems - playd 3 sets with Gulbis who is at real a joke player, and lost to Isner who is not that good at grass at all...Verdasco btw is more clay player, so hoping Malisse will extend that advantage and fit in this handicap, i think it can be easy win also. Good luck! _______________________________________________________________________________ Event: WTA Wimbledon Time: 18:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Zvonareva V. - Clijsters K. (over 20.5) @2.00 Pinnacle Bet: 5/10 Comment: Just did research on that match and it looks like we will have a nice battle there. Zvonareva looks like playing good on grass - 33/15 recond in career, won over Barthel and Soler-Espinosa in first two rounds, both in 3 sets so that's little scares about. In other side of the courner is Kim, who is actually fast courts master with 52/14 results in career on grass. Won over Jankovic and Hlavackova, both in two sets with under 18.5 games both. But she had problems breaking serve playing against Hlavackova in second round, she playd not that good as she can. So if it's problems with form Zvonareva must make pressure in this match and i'm expecting long match between this two. Good luck! :hope _______________________________________________________________________________

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back David Ferrer (-4) to beat Andy Roddick for a 3/10 stake at 1.88 with Pinnacle Cannot see past Ferrer here in all honesty. Andy Roddick will get a few cheap games with his serve, but the Spaniard is going to dominate in rallies and the fact that he has already beaten two powerful guys here should work in his favour here, as he will be prepared for this match-up. Roddick just is not at his best these days and the gap between him and the top 10 is getting bigger and bigger. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ferrer-vs-roddick-betting--david-ferrer-can-take-advantage-of-roddick-s-weaknesses Back Yaroslava Shvedova to beat Sara Errani for a 3/10 stake at 3.19 with Pinnacle Shvedova is a bit overpriced here imo. Both have done well in the French Open and there is not a huge gap between them, but I would give Shvedova a small edge on grass. She can hit the ball well and knows when to be aggressive, while Errani is more about defense and consistency. Aggressive play is what wins on grass, so going with Shvedova at this price. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/shvedova-vs-errani-betting--yaroslava-shvedova-has-what-it-takes-to-defeat-the-italian Back Francesca Schiavone to beat Klara Zakopalova for a 3/10 stake at 2.46 with Pinnacle Have to go with the bigger price, since this is a 50/50 match-up for me. Zakopalova is the better player on grass, but her game is not consistent (0-6 3-6 against Kerber, for example) and she can easily self-destruct at any point. I can see Schiavone frustrating the Czech with her determination and that should draw quite a few unforced errors from Zakopalova. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schiavone-vs-zakopalova-betting--francesca-schiavone-to-upset-klara-zakopalova Back Philipp Kohlschreiber (-3) to beat Lukas Rosol for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle Going against Atko here. I would love to see Rosol repeating that performance, but I just cannot see that happening. The atmosphere is going to be different, people are actually expecting him to do something here, etc. - we all know that. Unlike Nadal, the German can flatten his game and Rosol is not going to have time for his big shots. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/kohlschreiber-vs-rosol-betting--philipp-kohlschreiber-can-stop-rosol-s-run-today

Re: Wimbledon 2012 [TABLE=class: team]

[TR] [TD=class: tname-home face-enable]Goffin D. (Bel)[/TD] [TD=class: current-result]-[/TD] [TD=class: tname-away face-enable]Fish M. (Usa)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] can smbdy tell me what kind of player is Fish?:eyes odd s are on Goffin here,fav. @1.6 , is that wright?

[TABLE=class: team] [TR] [TD=class: tname-home face-enable]Goffin D. (Bel)[/TD] [TD=class: current-result]-[/TD] [TD=class: tname-away face-enable]Fish M. (Usa)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] can smbdy tell me what kind of player is Fish?:eyes odd s are on Goffin here,fav. @1.6 , is that wright?
The odds are based on the fact that Fish is still far from his best after those health problems.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Nothing much doing for me today with Istomin missing a match point to cover the handicap and Mayer never looking likely. Means a tiny loss and down to +22.69. I'm waiting for tomorrow until I take anything but I'm going to be going against the grain a bit. I'm going to end up being hated in the tennis threads by the regulars for my rebellious bets. Well, more hated than I am already anyway. ;)

Took Goffin at 4/7 last night @ bet365' date=' now notice that he is 8/11 this morning. Has something happened to change odds so much?[/quote'] As far as I know, Goffin was being seriously backed last night with all the other forums including yahoo questions showing proof of overwhelming support. In my experience, such a price drift is significant in betting terms; It could indicate injury or most times indicate the possibility of you being in real trouble. The bookies are 9/10 times right in these situations!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 3/10 Goffin - Fish x Kohlschreiber - Rosol over 3.5 sets @ 2.07 Bet365 Both matches are not finished in 3 sets in my eyes. Fish is not the old fish before his injuries, but for Goffin as favorite it will be very important to win this in three sets. Kohlschreiber as fav in the match against Rosol? Maybe, but i think this can be another close match when Rosol served very good. Kohlschreiber - Rosol Kohlschreiber are good on this surface, beaten a very weak Nadal in Halle but he playing very good. He must against Rosol, who had beaten in the previous round. Rosol serving very good and when he can do this today i see him to make a very good chance to going forward to the next round. I dont know why this odd are raising? Maybe he is like a Gulbis ... Small stake here. 2/10 Rosol ML @ 3.12 Pinnacle

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Few for me today then and taking some outsiders... Marin Cilic (-3.5 games) to beat Sam Querrey- 10/11 Bet365- (4/10) Backed Cilic against Kubot in the previous round and I'm happy to do so again. It's actually a pretty similar reasoning to be honest in that Cilic has an extremely good record against the big servers and although Querrey has more to his game than Kubot, I still think Cilic will see him off. I watched the match at Queen's between these 2 a couple of weeks ago and although the wind was creating havoc for both players, Cilic was always pretty comfortable after he played himself in after the first few games and he was returning Querrey's serve extremely well. The fact that he was breaking Kubot for fun in the previous round really shows how well Cilic is returning right now and that should mean he'll got more chances on the American's serve as Querrey isn't the best on return. Raonic had chances against him in the previous round but he couldn't take advantage but I think Cilic will today. He beat Querrey here back in 2009 in a 5 set thriller and although Querrey could pinch another set today, I think come the end the Croat will win pretty well here. Marcos Baghdatis (+7.5 games) to beat Andy Murray- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Although it's a tad risky opposing Murray with handicaps, I do think this line is a little too low. Baghdatis although is isn't quite at the level he once was, usually seems to thrive on the big occasions and I think he'll love being on centre court today. He beat Montanes comfortably and then was a bit fortunate that Dimitrov had to withdraw after the first set but that will mean the Cypriot is fully fresh and I think he should be really relaxed on court. He will know that Murray is the heavy favourite, especially after Nadal's defeat so it will be interesting to see how Murray plays in the first set and if he is feeling any pressure early doors. As I've mentioned, Baggy is one for the big occasion though against the big players. He took a set of Djokovic 12 months ago and took a comfortable set off Murray in Tokyo. This season he has already kept things close with Djokovic and Tsonga and with the problems he has caused Murray in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if he pinched a set here providing he keeps the unforced errors down but even in 3 tightish sets he could cover the handicap so I'm happy to back the Cypriot. Kei Nishikori to beat Juan Martin Del Potro- 5/2 Stan James- (2/10) Kei Nishikori (+5.5 games) to beat Juan Martin Del Potro- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) I'm going to have a little go with Nishkori here both with the outright and the handicap. Del Potro, although winning fairly comfortably against Haase and Soeda so far still is worth opposing here I feel. Losing that third set against Soeda 6-1 is really poor to be honest, especially when you factor in he was cruising for the first 2 sets and although you can say he was never in danger of losing the match, if he throws in a poor set against Nishikori, he may not be so fortunate. Nishikori works extremely hard on court and can hit some spectacular winners on both sides and he looks as though he has recovered from injury now given he's beaten Kukukshin and Serra in straight sets which is a decent showing and good preparation for this match. Already this season, the man from Japan has beaten Tsonga twice which shows he can deal with the quick and flat ground strokes that is Del Potro's game really and he has it in him to frustrate the Argentinian and that hopefully will lead to a streak of unforced errors. I just think if Nishikori can hang about and prolong the match, he has a real chance in this one and with the support he's sure to generate from the Japanese fans, he may just have it in him to be extremely competitive here and maybe cause a little upset. Andy Roddick to beat David Ferrer- 2/1 BetVictor- (3/10) I'm going to go against Atko and Czech here and actually back the American to record his best win on grass for some time. Matches between these 2 are generally pretty tight and I feel Roddick's odds are actually a tad too high. He was poor at Queen's a couple of weeks ago but since then, he has won 7 in a row, only dropping 1 set in that time and today with the sun beating hard, if he serves well I think he's got a chance. Roddick was always pretty comfortable against Bjorn Phau despite a few dodgy moments but on the whole he was never in trouble. Now, despite being a huge Ferrer fan, I haven't been too convinced with his performances against Dustin Brown and de Schepper. In the Brown match especially, Ferrer wasn't hitting his passing shots too well and Brown actually put some pressure on Ferrer's serve which you wouldn't really expect from the Spaniard. The passing shot is something he'll need to play well today as Roddick should look to come in a fair bit and you feel he will have to as Ferrer can run all day from the baseline and won't make too many unforced errors. I just think the odds should be a bit closer than they are. Of course the point has been made that this isn't the greatest match-up for the American, but the sun should help him gain some cheap points today on serve and if he can serve well, I think he may have his chances in this one. He beat Ferrer at the US Open last season and with Ferrer not the best on grass, I'll back the American to show us some glimpses of the past and win this one.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Zheng +1.5 sets vs Serena Williams(Zheng to win a set) @ 4.33 (Ladbrokes:2/10) Just a tiny play for some interest in this one. Zheng's big problem is that she has struggles on serve but her baseline game and return game can certainly cause Serena some issues and has in certain matches in the past when she's on song. Obviously Serena is clear fave and could win handily, the odd reflect this, but it's not like she's without struggles these days. Worth a small punt as I can see one tight-ish set.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Quite fancy Lucic today, but not enough to make a formal declaration. :lol Vinci in Grand Slams can tumble out when in seemingly good nick and Lucic beasting it on her favourite surface the moment. Vinci has the game to dissect her though so could be a close one.

Took Goffin at 4/7 last night @ bet365' date=' now notice that he is 8/11 this morning. Has something happened to change odds so much?[/quote'] I've read in belgian newspaper HLN that M.Fish got heart problems in march and that he didn't play much long now and he got 2 difficult long matches against not great oponents. So they think Goffin had a chance here.:D

3/10 Goffin - Fish x Kohlschreiber - Rosol over 3.5 sets @ 2.07 Bet365 Both matches are not finished in 3 sets in my eyes. Fish is not the old fish before his injuries, but for Goffin as favorite it will be very important to win this in three sets. Kohlschreiber as fav in the match against Rosol? Maybe, but i think this can be another close match when Rosol served very good. Kohlschreiber - Rosol Kohlschreiber are good on this surface, beaten a very weak Nadal in Halle but he playing very good. He must against Rosol, who had beaten in the previous round. Rosol serving very good and when he can do this today i see him to make a very good chance to going forward to the next round. I dont know why this odd are raising? Maybe he is like a Gulbis ... Small stake here. 2/10 Rosol ML @ 3.12 Pinnacle
-5 units today, very weak match from Rosol and Kohlschreiber are very good.