** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Yeah go for it. I should do handicaps way more than I do but I'm thinking if Vavara makes a match of it she will be the one who holds herself together and wins so I may as well just go for the outright. She's only just recently found out she'll be in the USA Olympic team as well so she should be further buoyed.
GO, Varvara!!! :)

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Mayer - Janowicz Gulbis lost against Janowicz on his own purpose. Anyway I saw Janowicz few times in last 2 years and I think he won`t go through another round. His main weapon is big serve. Mayer made a nice come back last round, he also showed nice performance against Federer lately. In opposite to Gulbis he plays well against big servers. He`ll be a bit fresher than Janowicz. He should mix up his game and everything will be ok. I think 1.50 is pretty juicy. 5/10 @ 1.50 SB

Looks good after first picks: +13.1 units :hope ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 19:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Malisse X. - Simon G. @2.00 ladbrokes Bet: 6/10 Comment: Houston, we have a problems with that odds. Value! That what i see there, Simon is just terrible on grass - 21/19 (wins/loses) in he's career. This season lost in 3 sets to Simone Bolleli, win over Alexandr Dolgopolov and Paul-Henri Mathieu (after retire). We just need to be true there - grass is not for Simon, he's an claycourter. In other side is Xavier Malisse, who actually are playing best tennis on grass courts - 50/26 in career, this season opened with 7/2 losing only to Philipp Petzschner and David Nalbandian in preparings for Wimbledon. First round he playd versus Marinko Matosevic, who actually have best form in he's career at this point, and just crushed him out in 3 sets. I'm sure Simon will give a fight, but Malisse there would be fav and should win this battle, odds looks pretty good to take. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 17:30 (GMT +3) Pick: Bemelmans R. - Gasquet R. (over 32.5) @1.97 Pinnacle Bet: 4/10 Comment: I don't know why those odds are so high on this bet. Both players playing good on grass, maybe just long way away from Gasquet in rankings. But in most thing it's just because Gasquet playing well on clay also, so he collecting more points than Bemelmans who actually plays best tennis on fast courts. Bemelmans started this grass season really well with 7 wins and 2 loses, made a real battle for great grass court player Benjamin Becker - lost only in 3 sets (best of 3), also lost to David Nalbandian. Qualified to Wimbledon easily, also won 1st round over Carlos Berlocq who actually not that good at grass courts. But the form looks like improoves, serve holds great and he's moving around the court quick. So i'm expecting atleast great fight from Bemelmans tomorow, should be atleast one Tie-break and couple of chances to take atleast one set in this match. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: WTA Wimbledon Time: 17:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Hlavackova A. - Clijsters K. (under 19.5) @1.73 Paddypower Bet: 7/10 Comment: Don't know what's the funniest part of this odds, but I think it's about court, where this womens will play. I should guess it's grass, but when i see those odds it looks unreal for that. Kim is just animal, playing best tennis on fast courts where Hlavackova looks just so poor. Why Clijster should lose more than 6 games? I don't see reason for that. She looks really perfect on grass 51/14 in career, this season 4/0 with win in WTA Hertogenbosch tournament. In first round just eated for a dinner Jelena Jankoic 6-2 6-4 who is really looks better than Hlavackova at fast courts. I just don't see Hlavackova giving the fight for Kim Clijsters tomorow, should be easy win for Kim. Good luck everyone! ______________________________________________________________________________
After 5 picks - 4 wins and 1 dissapointing lose with total of +20.21units :) Good luck today! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 18:30 (GMT +3) Pick: Dimitrov G. - Baghdatis M. (over 41.5) @2.06 Pinnacle Bet: 7/10 Comment: It's just the way how game will playd. Both players are in same level on grass courts, Baghdatis maybe have more experience, but fav there is Dimitrov just looking on odds. Both players have playd on clay last year and playd 3 sets (on best of 3). Dimitrov playd first round versus Kevin Anderson and won it by sets 3-1, where was 47 games in total and two tie-breaks. Dimitrov didn't gave a serve breaked for all match, so i'm expecting in this match a tie-break, maybe two. Baghdatis won first round easier versus Albert Montanes with 3-0 by sets. So maybe this two player can bring game into 5 sets match, i'm expecting for that. In other way this total can go correct even in 4 sets match. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 18:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Querrey S. - Raonic M. (1st Set Tie Break: YES) @3.00 bet365 Bet: 3/10 Comment: Maybe little gambling, but c'mon. Both players have good serve and hold theyr serves on fast courts really good. Querrey in first round playd with Vasek Pospisil and won first set 7-5, in all game he gave away serve only 1 time in second set (there was 7:6 win by Pospisil). Querrey also plays on grass really good having 26/16 recond in career with 5/2 this season. In other side Milos Raonic, also have nice serve with great plays on fast courts. Have playd versus Santiago Giraldo in first round and holded all serves easily. Both players are really good on serving and not that good in breaking, so expecting for a long first set play. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: WTA Wimbledon Time: 20:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Lepchenko V. - Pavlyuchenkova A. (-5) @2.19 Pinnacle Bet: 5/10 Comment: Lepchenko is just terrible on grass, that's all - lost even to poor Bojana Jovanovski in Eastbourne this season. Lepchenko have 2/10 record in career on grass courts, really struggles this year, won over easy opponent in first round Patricia Mayr, result 6-2 6-3 looks good, but the difference between 1st and 2nd round opponents is really huge. In other side is Pavlyuchenkova, she have a nice start on grass this season with wins over Hsieh and McHale beein not fav. In first round of Wimbledon had easy win over Sofia Arvidsson 6-1 6-2 with only one serve give up to opp (we all know that women tennis, it was first game btw). Looks ok for me to take this bet on those odds. Good luck today! ______________________________________________________________________________ :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 First mixed day of the Championships today for me, 2/4 coming through and only +1.67pt profit as the two slightly bigger bets won. Got a tad lucky with Roddick coming back to get the unders through but pissed with Del Potro's collapse in the 3rd after winning 2 and 3 in the opening two sets. Really thought that bet was cruising through and would have been satisfied with the day had that one flew in aswell. Johansson justified my faith in her with the +5 hcap, definitely was overpriced against the obnoxious McHale and could have taken that one with a bit more cajones on big points. Erakovic couldnt cover the line vs Vinci, she was competitive but too many struggles on return. Some nice calls again fellas, hoping Lepchenko does the biz for Slider she's a set up and on serve as we speak in the second. Fingers crossed. Have to say wasnt convinced by that one, mainly cos I've actually never seen Lepchenko play on grass........:rollin

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Pavlyuchenkova really dissapointed with that play, had couple of break points in second set when she would come back in this game but lost it so easily. I'm not talking about 1st set lose, dissaster - 4:0 up and lost it 4:7...In other way i see Raonic and Querrey made theyr TB in first set, so today +1unit and in total +21.21 up :) I'm happy with that, hope to make more units in this tournament, have couple of bets for tomorow but waiting for the lines :ok

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Well Lepchenko did it. Had a feeling Pavlyuchenkova would turn to crap again, especially after backing her against Zakapolova at the French when she put in a similarly erratic performance. That takes me to around +30 for the tournament. Some great calls again from Atko(really back on form), IAG and Fishy. Hopefully we avoid a really bad day in this tournament which seems to be sods law and unavoidable in these grand slams fortnights.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Just having a quick look at the card for tomorrow. Anyone think Troicki is worth a small shot being the underdog? Monaco doesn't quite warrant his shortish odds being on grass IMO despite Troicki's appalling form this season.

Just having a quick look at the card for tomorrow. Anyone think Troicki is worth a small shot being the underdog? Monaco doesn't quite warrant his shortish odds being on grass IMO despite Troicki's appalling form this season.
Although what i am about to say has nothing to do with what you posted here, i am here to recall our chat during the recent french open. Turns out

'Nadal's trade won't work on other surfaces?' was spot on afterall. I know, Nadal has played 5 finals here in SW19. But you what the cliche is? "You are only so good as your previous match". Nadal was LUCKY he even won the first set. It is a pity Rosol didnt beat him in three sorry sets.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Rosol is just terrific. Outrageous tennis. Honestly, the court was just too fast for nadal. Rafa s so-called-aggressive forehand-down-the-line was as big a casualty as the matador for manacor himself. Rafa was pale in his previous match. He couldn't make a foothold on the Czech s serve. I hope it is a sign of tremendous possibilities for him. Outrageous tennis. A masterclass that should have been a straight sets victory. Nevertheless, it came just a bit late. Point to be noted here is that Rafa served very well. Quite a few aces. But still no dough. Hearth congratulations to Rosol and his team. Hats off. Take a bow young chap :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Federer v Benneteau Federer has really surprised me with his performances so far, I thought he may drop off abit after poor form recently, but im backing him to continue his good form and to finish this quickly. Benneteau’s favourite surface is not grass and would expect him to struggle against a solid Federer today. Under 30 Games – Pinnacle @ 1.85 Falla v Istomin Both players have had tough games so far, Falla taking both of his to 5 sets and Fatigue should be a factor tomorrow as Istomin didnt have a game yesterday, Istomin beat to pretty tough opponents to get this far. Istomin is the much better player of the two and should win this comfortably in my opinion despite Falla’s good record on grass. Istomin -4 – Pinnacle @ 2.04 Kerber v McHale Kerber playing the best tennis of her life and recently got to the final of Eastbourne on grass so clearly dosnt struggle on grass, McHale is very young and yet has alot to learn and has very limited experience on Grass. I dont think she has much of a chance against a Inform Kerber who I would back to win in straight sets. Kerber -5 games – Pinnacle @ 1.83

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Great for the tournament it has to be said. Another Murray collapse in the semi final against Nadal has been averted! In some ways even more pressure on Murray. At least to reach the final anyway. Fishy - I fancy Monaco but that's not a strong feeling as Troicki has got the serve to potentially get him through. Just feel that like Chardy Monaco will frustrate Troicki a bit in the rallies.

What are you talking about fishy? Stepanek-Rosol final is on!
:rollin Imagine the people who have tickets for the final only to have that in front of them. This is Murray's best chance now although Tsonga will be tough. Your comment did make me laugh though haha.

Nieminen - Baker I like the odds for Baker here. What a comeback he made the last time and you can see that he was/is a great talented player. Nieminen won in the first round against Lopez, but Lopez are very weak. When Lopez was fit, i think Nieminen didn't won that match. 4/10 Baker ML @ 1.85 Pinnacle +3.40 2/10 Goffin - Levine x Baghdatis - Dimitrov (Both matches over 3.5 sets) @ 2.16 Bet365 +1.06 Both matches had a favorite in my eyes, that are Goffin and Dimitrov. But i don't see that both matches are finished in 3 sets. Goffin are playing well, but he don't had the quality to playing good three sets in a row. Baghdatis is a player who mentally are weak but i think that he can win the first or second set in this match, i don't see lose him with 0-3 here.
+4.46 for today :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back Xavier Malisse (-2) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 3/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle I simply cannot trust Verdasco at the moment. The Spaniard is an average player these days and, although he has the potential to bounce back at any moment, I cannot see him doing that on grass in all honesty. Malisse is playing well, hitting the ball cleanly, won against Simon 3-0 and should get the victory here without any real difficulties. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/malisse-vs-verdasco-betting--xavier-malisse-looks-value-in-the-battle-of-two-big-characters Back Sabine Lisicki (-2.5) to beat Sloane Stephens for a 3/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle I think that Stephens is overrated due to her victory over Cetkovska and Lisicki underrated due to her epic win against Jovanovski. Well, that Cetkovska match could have gone either way - she had a couple of crucial overrules in her favour as well. Meanwhile, Jovanovski was hitting some unbelievable shots as well against the German. Fancy things to stabilize a bit and I think that Lisicki should be able to get a clean win here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lisicki-vs-stephens-betting--sabine-lisicki-to-bounce-back-with-a-comfortable-victory Back Nicolas Almagro to beat Richard Gasquet for a 3/10 stake at 2.67 with Pinnacle 50/50 match for me. Gasquet might be slightly better on grass, but Almagro leads the H2H 3-0 and that does show something. Would not back him at 2.20 or so, but I think that the Frenchman is a bit overrated here. Remember, he can self-destruct out of nowhere and Almagro is not worse than him by any means. Should be a cracking contest and I do fancy the Spaniard at this price. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/almagro-vs-gasquet-betting--nicolas-almagro-can-defeat-the-talented-frenchman-today

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Yeah tomorrow looks pretty tough in truth. Might be one of those days to stay away mostly. I have taken one tonight though and I'll be back tomorrow if I have any more. Xavier Malisse to beat Fernando Verdasco- 4/5 Stan James- (5/10) My biggest bet of the tournament so far here without going too over board and I really like the chances of Malisse tomorrow. To me, even when Verdasco is playing somewhere near his best, Malisse is still the better player on grass and it's no secret that the Spaniard hasn't been playing his best stuff for some time now. He's done okay on the clay so far this season, but he's not done a great deal on the quicker surfaces, whilst he has been extremely unconvincing against Wang and Zemlja in his first couple of matches here. Malisse I really rate on the grass and is a good couple of levels above that of the opposition that Verdasco has faced so far. Quarters at Queen's, semis in Holland and straight set victories over Matosevic and Simon here really show how well he is playing just at the minute whereas Verdasco is still extremely hit and miss. Although the H2H is in favour of the Spaniard, I think Malisse deserves to be a bigger favourite here given the way both players have been playing recently. You could see after the win over Simon today just how delighted he was with the win so clearly he wants a good run here which is good to see and I think he'll record another win tomorrow at the expense of Verdasco and make it into the fourth round.

Back Xavier Malisse (-2) to beat Fernando Verdasco for a 3/10 stake at 1.91 with Pinnacle I simply cannot trust Verdasco at the moment. The Spaniard is an average player these days and, although he has the potential to bounce back at any moment, I cannot see him doing that on grass in all honesty. Malisse is playing well, hitting the ball cleanly, won against Simon 3-0 and should get the victory here without any real difficulties. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/malisse-vs-verdasco-betting--xavier-malisse-looks-value-in-the-battle-of-two-big-characters Back Sabine Lisicki (-2.5) to beat Sloane Stephens for a 3/10 stake at 1.92 with Pinnacle I think that Stephens is overrated due to her victory over Cetkovska and Lisicki underrated due to her epic win against Jovanovski. Well, that Cetkovska match could have gone either way - she had a couple of crucial overrules in her favour as well. Meanwhile, Jovanovski was hitting some unbelievable shots as well against the German. Fancy things to stabilize a bit and I think that Lisicki should be able to get a clean win here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/lisicki-vs-stephens-betting--sabine-lisicki-to-bounce-back-with-a-comfortable-victory Back Nicolas Almagro to beat Richard Gasquet for a 3/10 stake at 2.67 with Pinnacle 50/50 match for me. Gasquet might be slightly better on grass, but Almagro leads the H2H 3-0 and that does show something. Would not back him at 2.20 or so, but I think that the Frenchman is a bit overrated here. Remember, he can self-destruct out of nowhere and Almagro is not worse than him by any means. Should be a cracking contest and I do fancy the Spaniard at this price. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/almagro-vs-gasquet-betting--nicolas-almagro-can-defeat-the-talented-frenchman-today
I had both Almagro and Malisse down! Goodluck!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 I'm away for the weekend so going to have to put down my R3 selections for today and tomorrow. Prefer waiting for odds to evolve but we are at where we are at. Biggest bet of the tournament for me will be on David Goffin. He's getting shorter all the time but the 1.64 on offer is still enough for me to bite. I think he'll go off shorter. Fish is evidently not match fit and struggling for energy. His serve will probably keep him competitive but once in rallies, the confident young Belgian ought to push on and get the victory. Taking this with a bookie who pays out after one set as a retirement from Fish wouldn't bowl me over. Florian Mayer on the -4 game line is another bigger bet for me. Think this is the end of the line for Jerzy Janowicz as Mayer has (a) beaten him before, only a few weeks ago in a clay Challenger in straights and (b) Mayer has far more off the deck to be able to absorb Janowicz's power and move him around. Mayer put in a good show to battle back against Philipp Petzschner and I expect another success for him here. Xavier Malisse has been mentioned in some quarters as a good bet and I concur. I'm striking on him to beat Fernando Verdasco on the -1.5 game line. Malisse loves this surface, while Verdasco has looked ordinary in his first two matches and will need to raise his game somewhat. Same applies for Andy Roddick, who has a nightmare match against David Ferrer. Always had this down as Roddick's departure from SW19 and the -4 handicap appeals to me. Roddick is a busted flush against the top players and has had issues with Ferrer in the past. Nicolas Almagro and Richard Gasquet could play out a classic on Court 1 today. Almagro will relish being on a show court. Served really well this week and could keep Gasquet very close. He leads the H2H 3-0, so evident match-up problems for the Frenchman, although two meetings have been on clay. Even still, I reckon Almagro could do a number on him. Can't see Lukas Lacko doing that to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, however. Lacko beat Jurgen Melzer, which surprised me, but Tsonga is far stronger mentally and will relish a ball-bashing match with Lacko. The -6.5 line is my selection here, with Tsonga putting on a show now that Rafael Nadal has gone. Speaking of Nadal, it would be wrong to come on here and not write about Lukas Rosol. Chapeau, my dear Czech. That was a stunning show last night. He takes on Philipp Kohlschreiber tomorrow and although I expected the German to be favourite, I wouldn't have Rosol on the +3 game line. He'll serve bombs and Kohlschreiber isn't reliable against lower-ranked players. This will be a close match and I feel Rosol can be very competitive once again. Selections - David Goffin to beat Mardy Fish @ 1.64 with panbet 3pts - Florian Mayer -4 games AH v Jerzy Janowicz @ 1.94 with 188bet 2pts - Xavier Malisse -1.5 games v Fernando Verdasco @ 1.88 with 188bet 1pt - Nicolas Almagro +3.5 games v Richard Gasquet @ 1.94 with panbet 1pt - David Ferrer -4 games AH v Andy Roddick @ 1.94 with panbet 1pt - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga -6.5 games v Lukas Lacko @ 1.86 with panbet 1pt - Lukas Rosol +3 games AH v Philipp Kohlschreiber @ 2.05 with panbet 1pt

Re: Wimbledon 2012 2/10pts Andy Murray to win Wimbledon - 11/2 with BetFred I think this price is a bit too big so will happily put a bit on the Brit winning his first Slam. Now Nadal is out not only has the draw opened up but it will give a huge boost to the Murray camp no matter how much they say 'we are not worrying about the semi-final yet'. Yes, he still has a tough draw with the likes of Ferrer and Del Potro in there amongst others but it is a lot easier now he doesn't have Nadal to worry about on the other half. He may come up against Tsonga should he get that far but, although that would be a tough match, it is one that Murray could definitely win. 11/2 also gives some room for manoeuvre as far as guaranteeing profit is concerned in the later stages because Federer or Djokovic will probably be waiting. I expected to see 9/2 at best when I looked so think this price is well worth a small dabble.

2/10pts Andy Murray to win Wimbledon - 11/2 with BetFred I think this price is a bit too big so will happily put a bit on the Brit winning his first Slam. Now Nadal is out not only has the draw opened up but it will give a huge boost to the Murray camp no matter how much they say 'we are not worrying about the semi-final yet'. Yes, he still has a tough draw with the likes of Ferrer and Del Potro in there amongst others but it is a lot easier now he doesn't have Nadal to worry about on the other half. He may come up against Tsonga should he get that far but, although that would be a tough match, it is one that Murray could definitely win. 11/2 also gives some room for manoeuvre as far as guaranteeing profit is concerned in the later stages because Federer or Djokovic will probably be waiting. I expected to see 9/2 at best when I looked so think this price is well worth a small dabble.
I think if you like to trade, backing Andy Murray, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Marin Cilic and Milos Raonic on the exchanges could be the way to go. One of them will probably make the final so then you'd have a great chance of locking in profit. That half of the draw is now blown wide open - it could be anyone who makes the final. For the record, you can back the following on the exchanges: Murray @ 7.6 Tsonga @ 14.5 Raonic @ 120 Cilic @ 180 Depends if you're into that sort of stuff but you could make a pretty penny if one of those four makes it to the final.