** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Have another 3 myself, Fishy has one covered. Bolelli vs Janowicz TIE BREAK IN THE MATCH @ 4/6 (Coral:3pts) Looks a close one to me, not sure about overs though as I can see someone folding if its not going their way. But can see some tight sets and a tie-break wouldnt shock me. Janowicz is a big hitter, bis serve, cruised through qualies, Bolelli talented but more experience at this level. Should be a good one. Falla +7.5 games vs Isner @ 10/11 (SJ:3pts) Concerned about Falla's recent matches, maybe some injury troubles, but still Isner usually not one I'd back to cover huge lines on a fast surface. Isner will have to play a really clean match and we know he'll serve big, but the man plays close matches alot with lazy return games. Big line.
Gooner sorry for asking but which one is the 3rd? (I see just 2 matches besides the one you already have posted).

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Hello all. Wimbledon is upon us. In my opinion, the best Slam there is. I've been a bit hit and miss over the last few weeks but I've reverted back to a point system and am going to be a bit more cavalier with my betting, taking a few more risks etc. The man to watch this week is not Djokovic or Nadal or Raonic - it's fishy! Been on fire in the tennis recently so keep an eye out for his tips. Anyway, here's what I'm on. These are just my bets for the early matches, which start shortly. I'll put some more up later. Finally, good luck everyone, let's take the bookies to the cleaners! Fernando Verdasco v Jimmy Wang - Verdasco -6.5 games @ 1.88 with panbet (6pts) This line is too low and I'll happily wade in. Wang can be a cockroach-esque character on grass but I can't see him doing enough to trouble Verdasco. He very rarely plays guys of the Spaniard's quality and although he's in decent nick having come through the qualifiers, Verdasco has much more than him in terms of power and Slam experience. Might be able to keep one set close or even nick one but over best of five, I can see Verdasco breaking him down and getting the job done with the handicap to spare. Michael Russell v Adrian Menendez-Maceiras - Menendez-Maceiras +5 games AH @ 1.87 with panbet (4pts) - Menendez-Maceiras to win @ 3.15 with panbet (1pt) The slams are the pinnacle of every player's career and with the prize money and ranking points on offer, most players turn up and give absolutely everything. The young Spaniard fits into that category today in his first main draw tie. He'll see this as winnable having beaten the veteran American in New Caledonia earlier this year. Both men came through the qualies - Menedez-Maceiras more impressively - and with Russell not getting any younger and having showed fairly poor form this year so far, it wouldn't surprise me if Menendez-Maceiras rises to the occasion and gives him a scare. Handicap well worth a peek and I think at odds of more than 3.00, it's worth chancing him to win the tie. Carlos Berlocq v Ruben Bemelmans - Ruben Bemelmans -3 games AH @ 1.94 with 188bet (5pts) I saw an earlier post saying Berlocq is too big but I'll have to disagree. The Argentine is wholly uncomfortable on grass, while Bemelmans probably views it as his best surface because of the speed. Bemelmans is a big server and will get plenty of cheap points on serve and likes to hit very flat strokes that don't bounce high. Berlocq's a clay court player and doesn't deal well with a low bounce. He's in the best form of his career in terms of ranking but I wouldn't even class him as a top-100 grass court player. Can see Bemelmans covering a small line. Berlocq probably has more ability but he's an alien more often than not on grass and that'll probably be his comeuppance today. Julien Benneteau v Gilles Muller - Tie break in first set @ 3.25 with sportingbet (1pt) Fishy is the guru with tie breaks but I'm going to chance this one. First sets can often be very close on grass, especially when a big server like Muller is involved. This ought to be a close match right the way through and I think it'll take returners a little bit of time to get used to conditions at SW19. Just a wee hunch this match will kick off with a breaker and at fairly juicy odds I'll give it a shot :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Tomas Berdych vs. Ernests Gulbis The 2012 Wimbledon Championships offers many excellent betting opportunities in the first round and match between Czech Tomas Berdych and Ernests Gulbis from Latvia is clearly one of them. The 26-year-old Tomas Berdych is clearly the more successful player out of these two - stable Top10 player with an appearance in a Grand Slam final (at Wimbledon in 2010) and a player who is showing consistent good results during last two years. But Ernests Gulbis can surely match Tomas Berdych in terms of talent and tennis qualities as he also has good serve and powerful groundstrokes. Gulbis showed some excellent tennis during 2010 clay court season but his big problem is lack of consistency and motivation. Gulbis really belongs to the category of players with enormous talent but lack of hard work. He hasn´t won back to back matches on ATP Tour level since this March when he reached third round in Delray Beach and this clearly demonstrates his lack of form. Still the 29.5 games line for total games in this match seems to be very, very low as this could be covered by one tiebreak set or any four-setter and offers an excellent tennis betting opportunity. Starting Time: 25 June 2012, 18:10 CET Bet: Over 29.5 games Odds: 1.83 Stake: 9 units Bookmaker: Stan James

Re: Wimbledon 2012 David Goffin to beat Bernard Tomic @3,5 at bet365. 3/10 It's a well known fact that Bernard Tomic is one of the ****tiest characters on the tour. Given the amount of ****s he generally gives when playing the fact that he has some points to defend here doesn't impress me too much. Actually when losing you can never know if it is a matter of playing bad or just not caring if he loses. Goffin on the other hand seems to be a player who wants to be up there, he is really agressive and generally seems determined. This might seem more of a fantasy really but i just can't abstain on betting on shmucks like Tomic when there is a fairly decent chance of him cocking up. Always profitable on the long run. Is Goffin strong enough on grass?he's not a great (lenght)player

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Giorgi +1.5 sets vs Pennetta @ 2.120 (Pinnacle:2pts) Basically Giorgi to win a set off her compatriot Pennetta. Pennetta not in good shape these days, has had a wrist injury that hasnt fully healed, got battered by Ula Radwanska last week winning 2 games, lost a set to average Govortsova aswell before that. Giorgi qualified well here winning 3 matches, still waiting to really break out but has a decent game, can ballbash and fancy her to be decent today.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Verdasco (-6.5) to beat Wang 1.75@unibet (7/10) Have to go with verdasco here too. he's class above the Taipei player. + Wang played three qualifiers mathces and all went to distance, so the player like him it may be very hard to recover. Nothin more to add really just think that wang can't trouble today Fernando. and i hope he'll win easily! GL!

Giorgi +1.5 sets vs Pennetta @ 2.120 (Pinnacle:2pts) Basically Giorgi to win a set off her compatriot Pennetta. Pennetta not in good shape these days, has had a wrist injury that hasnt fully healed, got battered by Ula Radwanska last week winning 2 games, lost a set to average Govortsova aswell before that. Giorgi qualified well here winning 3 matches, still waiting to really break out but has a decent game, can ballbash and fancy her to be decent today.
I bet on Pennetta that day and what you said is true.. She was really poor!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Was following the thread for quite a long time and decided to make my humble contribution to it. And before that just wanted to say my thanks to great tipsters Atko, fishy25, CzechPunter for making very good job and sharing your insights and knowledge. So here we go, fingers crossed: Kim Clijsters (-4) to beat Jelena Jankovic 1.93 at Pinnacle Generally this bet is against Jelena who is not the player she used to be. Despite relatively successful performance at the Eastbourne, she is still very unstable and makes lot of UEs. On the other hand, there are some speculations whether Kim's injury was a reason under withdrawal from UNICEF tournament. But I think it was a tactical move to have some extra rest as her last match against Schiavone was a quite resource consuming. Their H2H stats are 7-1 in favour of Kim, of which 5 matches covered the line quite comfortably. The other 2 matches and one defeat were occured when Jelena was playing at her best.

Seppi - Istomin Seppi showing last week some good perfomance to reach the final in Eastbourne, where he lost against Roddick. Also he is a player in form, who can win this match. Istomin is beaten in all three meetings by Seppi. He playing good last week against Llodra on grass but all the way this is not a surface where he can beat Seppi. This can be a difficult match for the Frenchmen, but i think he can win this match at the most times. More than odds are showing. 3/10 Seppi ML @ 1.58 Pinnacle
He's italian not frenchman ... i think that he can beat here istomin even with an handy with isn't that big -3.5, that sometimes you can even win a bet if Seppi loses it, but plays one perfect set :) but of course to think about that is very ironical. I'm with seppi too, but deciding to go with hamdy or just a win .

Josh Goodall+5.5 (game handicap) tb. Grega Zemlja @ 1.855 Pinnaclesports 3x Expect a tough affair here, both players received a Wild Card into the tournament, Goodall because of his solid perfomances on the Future curcuit and Zemlja because of claiming the title at Nottingham-2 Challenger. Do not trust Goodall at all here so i took the game handicap because Zemlja should be far more consistent at a Best of Five but i think the Brit should win at least one set here. He is a very talented player although he had no big breakthrough in the past, he has always a decent run on the grass. He lost a tight match against Ebden in the third set tiebreaker one week ago, he showed some nice shots there and was solid on his serve. I don't see many service breaks here and so this line should be covered by Goodall if he can continue in that way he looked in the last weeks.
Grega Zemlja def. Josh Goodall 6-4,3-6,7-6(3),6-4

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Having 1 more today and maybe another one in a bit but have to do this one quickly as it starts soon. Oliver Golding (+6.5 games) to beat Igor Andreev- 8/11 Stan James- (4/10) Was tempted to back the Brit outright here but I'll stick with the handicap which looks way too high to me. Bet365 have it at the (3.5) line which shows just how high it is. Doubts over the Russian here as he's been struggling with injury and hasn't played since the French Open where he retired. Golding has done okay in the past couple of weeks, beating Brands in Eastbourne and he took a set off Lacko in Nottingham as well. Home support should aid him here and although he may win the match, I'm happy just to stick with him keeping it close and covering the handicap.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 And the other one I was talking about. Xavier Malisse (-4.5 games) to beat Marinko Matosevic- 5/6 Stan James- (3/10) Think the line is a game too low at least here. Matosevic is having a superb year but this is a really tough draw for him IMO. Malisse can still mix it up with anyone on his day on the grass surface and think he's at least a couple of levels better than Matosevic here, especially when it comes to the slams. The Aussie beat Gasquet last week but he was extremely fortunate to do so as Gasquet won so many more points than Matosevic yet he was edged out in a couple of breakers. Losing the first set 6-1 shows the gulf in talent between Matosevic and the bigger names if you like and dropping sets to James Ward and a couple of other challenger players isn't too impressive despite his good run in Eastbourne. Malisse has prepared well for this week, making the quarters at Queen's and then the semis in Holland last week which will have pleased him after coming off the back of a decent clay season and in truth a poor hard court start to the season. On grass is where the Belgian really seems to play his best stuff though and he is extremely dangerous to play as the likes of Murray ad Djokovic have found out in recent years. Even if he drops a set in this one, I still expect him to come through comfortably and although Matosevic has a decent serve and should keep it tight for a while, I do expect Malisse to come through in the end with a bit to spare on this handicap.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Pretty disappointing opening day in truth. A few poor picks early on and needed Malisse and Golding to cover those handicaps to avoid a disastrous opening day. Pretty annoyed that Malisse and Golding bypassed my original shortlist - definitely need to sharpen up ahead of tomorrow. +1.86 today though which I probably don't deserve but I'll take it given it looked to be a pretty tricky day to call. Some really good calls by IAG as per usual. :clap

Re: Wimbledon 2012 I have already posted a couple of picks for tomorrow, but I am going to have one more. Back Tamira Paszek to beat Caroline Wozniacki for a 4/10 stake at 2.78 with Pinnacle I backed Christina McHale against Caro just a week ago and my opinion about Wozniacki has not changed since then, so I am willing to go against her once again. Paszek is on a roll right now, winning the title in Eastbourne. Coming back twice against Bartoli and Kerber (five match points) is extremely impressive and I just do not understand why should she be priced at 2.78 here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paszek-vs-wozniacki-betting--tamira-paszek-can-ruin-wozniacki-s-wimbledon-hopes

Wimbledon 2012 Hello, it's my first thred at this forum, hope you enjoy it, surrely take some information from here and that would help you in picks ;) Good luck and have a great tournament of tennis! Damn, just missed one day because internet didn't worked well...for future - sorry for my english, not master in that :\ ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon 2012 Time: 14:00 (GMT +3) Pick: De Schepper K. - Bachinger M. (-3) @2.04 Pinnaclesports Bet: 6/10 units Comment: Two young players will face off tomorow - both 25 years old. Also for both players it's second appearance in Wimbledon Main Event, both lost in first round - Bachinger to Gael Monfils in 3 sets last year and De Schepper in big battle of 5 sets lost to Olivier Rochus, also last year (De Schepper have won 3 matches for qualify, like he did it this year). I don't know why, but as i found fav surface for Bachinger is grass, but it's not because i maked a research about it and stats didn't impressed me so far - he's not playing too much on grass, only 22 games in 5 years, there is a split talking about wins/loses with only 59% 1st Serve. He had not bad clay season this year, but starting grass season he lost 2 games of 3, both loses 2-0. Really looks not that well like De Schepper stats on grass - 7/2 record, started playing grass only year ago (that what tennisexplorer says). Had a nice grass season start this year - win over Karol Beck beeing not fav, then real battle and dissapointing loss to Jurgen Zopp, couple wins in other tournament and 3 qualify wins in Wimbledon, all of them 3-0. This kid is in good form, moves well on the court, he should win this game, maybe not 3-0, but he can fit in talking about (-3) handicap with void chances. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon 2012 Time: 14:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Philipp Kohlschreiber - Tommy Haas (over 41.5) @1.98 Unibet Bet: 7/10 Comment: Two germans will play tomorow, not first meeting between this players. It will be 4ft H2H, all previuos was on grass (all of them in ATP Hall) so it's helping us out in making a pick - 2 of them (last ones) Hass won leaving one victory for Kohlschreiber in 2008. On reflection those games was best of 3 sets there was a lot of games playd - 37 games in 2008 (3 sets), 34 games in 2009 (3sets) and 25 games this year (2 sets). In every game was Tie-Break and only one set inded under 10.5 games. So as we see both player serving really well on this grass, expecting atleast 4 set game tomorow with atleast one two sets over 10.5 games. Both players playing good on grass - Haas have 49/23 record in career and Kohlschreiber 34/18. Look fear to expect atleast 4 sets, even more - i'm really think there would be 5 set game because players have great expirience, should be great tennis fight tomorow. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________

4/10 Verdasco tb. Wang x Isner tb. Falla x Andreev tb. Golding @ 1.71 5Dimes -4 units See enough value in this treble here. For Verdaco this will be the first match after a injury and Wang had some good qualies here last week. But i think Verdasco had more quality to beat Wang here. Isner tb. Falla, their is only one way in that match. See Isner to win that match everytime. Andreev will be facing the number 485th of the World Tour Ranking who had a bad perfomance the last weeks on grass, i think this can be a easy win for the Russian.
Gasquet - Kamke Gasquet will be facing here a German that had not play so much games the last weeks. Kamke had in Halle a dramatic lost against Zhang and won in Eastbourne against a unknown Burton. Gasquet have playing one match on grass against Matosevic, after a very good first set 61 he will be losing the match 67 67. But the Frenchmen like to play on grass and i think this can be a comfortable win for him. Line here a little bit to high, bet 365 with a 30.5 line @ 1.83. 3/10 Under 32 games @ 1.87 Betsson +2.61 units
Nalbandian - Tipsarevic Odds are to high here for the number 8 of the world. Playing great in the clay season and will be playing not to much matches on clay, but he like to play here. Nalbandian plays great on Queens with the story in the final against Cilic. But i think it will be a hard match for him to win. Maybe he can take 1 set, but i don't see him win here. 3/10 Tipsarevic ML @ 1.70 Pinnacle +2.10 units
+0.71 units for today. Can't believe that Isner will be loss against Falla. Seppi -> Play Suspended, he was serving for the match also in the 5th set.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Anyone watching Mahut-Lorenzi match today? Was the Frenchman so poor or Lorenzi became a grass-lover? A bit surprising for me tbh, hope he can take this 5th set tomorrow... To sum up, I was really impressed by Gulbis. He could be really a top 10/15 player if he changed his approach. Predict a good tournament for him, definitely should beat Janowicz and Petzschner/Mayer in the next rounds. Big John out of the Wimbledon after the 1st round. Ok, Falla was able to cause problems even to Federer here, but it must be a kind of shock. Considering Wawrinka to beat Melzer tomorrow, I think his powerful play, especially on serve and beckhand should be too much for German, who tends to be quite inconsistent - any thoughts on this guys? Stil have Kubot to beat Ito in play as well. Waiting for your previews for tomorrow:ok

I have already posted a couple of picks for tomorrow, but I am going to have one more. Back Tamira Paszek to beat Caroline Wozniacki for a 4/10 stake at 2.78 with Pinnacle I backed Christina McHale against Caro just a week ago and my opinion about Wozniacki has not changed since then, so I am willing to go against her once again. Paszek is on a roll right now, winning the title in Eastbourne. Coming back twice against Bartoli and Kerber (five match points) is extremely impressive and I just do not understand why should she be priced at 2.78 here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paszek-vs-wozniacki-betting--tamira-paszek-can-ruin-wozniacki-s-wimbledon-hopes
I'm not a WTA expert (nor an ATP one right now for that matter) but I had Paszek lined up too for tomorrow. However, the Austrian hurt her ankle when she beat Care Bear (or Kerber as she's more commonly known) and I wonder if she's recovered from that. Adrenalin and strapping got her through the final but no sure on her condition now. She's also got more points than a compass to defend here.

WOZNIACKI VS PASZEK On paper this has the making of a very exciting first round matchup. Paszek has been in scintillating form over the last couple of days on grass culminating in a win at Eastborne. However I strongly believe the line through that form is cunningly deceptive considering that prior to the grass season, Paszek's last game was at the french open. I just think injury or no injury she is not currently fine tuned to operate at the level Wozniacki will be presenting in a slam of this nature, that is, either physically or mentally. This one looks a breeze in for the woz. 10/10

Re: Wimbledon 2012 ATP : Jesse Levine - Karol Beck OVER 38.5 GAMES @ 5/6 bet 365 Strength (5/10) Two journeyman types here and they both have a bit of a track record for getting involved in lengthy matches. Beck the more established grass player who seems to play his best stuff here while Levine is bit more of tricky type with a lefty game, uses craft and guile. He can have dips though in matches and I can't see him beating a seasoned campaigner like Beck in routine fashion and likewise Beck will have moments where Levine gives him a bit of runaround with sharp play. Both of these guys played Zemjla in Nottingham and fared around the same -all close sets - so it just shows they're both playing at a pretty similar level on the grass right now and this should drag on a bit. :hope

@Alovenac. Srry man' date='Seppi lose. You know,he had 5-3,but he was stupid and couldn't close the match. At 6-6 match was blocked at bet365,bwin and other,then suddenley was 8-6 :([/quote'] Yes see it now, odds are blocked very long and i was thinking that he had lost.

Re: WOZNIACKI VS PASZEK Hewitt – Tsonga Hewitt will be fight for every point, can play very good on grass but he is not the youngest player in the tour. We saw Tsonga struggling on Queens against Dodig and I think the Frenchmen can’t play three sets in a row very good and that will be give problems against Hewitt. 1.5/10 Hewitt +2.5 sets @ 2.20 Expekt De Schepper – Bachinger De Schepper is the player in form on this surface. 9 matches on grass the last weeks and 2 losses. Some good wins against Clement and Sweeting and I think he will continue this form here. Bachinger not in good shape, 3 matches on grass and 2 losses. He is struggling at the most times on this surface and I think this will be not a long story in this tournament. 2/10 De Schepper -1.5 set @ 2.25 12Bet 6/10 De Schepper ML @ 1.68 Pinnacle 3/10 Lopez tb. Nieminen x Paire tb. Ebden @ 2.08 Interwetten Lopez will be loves this surface, to play his game with his good surface. I’m not a big fan of Nieminen who is struggling in the most matches. Paire make some great performance the last months and I think he can beat Ebden in maybe a difficult match. Dodig – Rosol Dodig playing well on Queens against Tsonga, but later he was struggling in Rosmalen against Lorenzi. That is the problem by him, he is not steady enough to play good every week. Rosol will be playing fine on this grass with his good service, but overall he is not so good as Dodig. I think Rosol will be take one set maybe, but i like the odds on Dodig. These are to high in my eyes. 3/10 Dodig ML @ 1.84 Pinnacle

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Roger Vasselin - Garcia Lopez The Frenchmen his game is made for this surface. Good play on the net and good service. Had playing some good games the last week on grass and will be facing here a player that not loves grass. Garcia Lopez will be skipped this tournaments after a clay season. Only one game for him on grass now and he will be loss this in straight sets against Mahut. 2/10 Roger Vasselin -1.5 set @ 1.75 188Bet

DELLACQUA VS BARTOLI You guys will appreciate the fact that this is a very busy week on the tennis calendar considering its wimbledon. There really isn't enough time to spend stating convincing reasons why. There is so much stuff that I have to analyze, but trust me, I filter out the very best for your consumption. For those who are new to the Devman, just follow in faith. Casey just seems the kind of player to ruffle Bartoli feathers at this point. Firstly Bartoli is not very fresh especially recently coming off a tournament in beaten mode. Against the firepower of Dellacqua with balls coming at her hard and flat, she is bound to have her work cut out big time. I am going safe with Dellacqua to win with the huge start of +5.5. Taking candy from a baby???

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Sorry I'm not part of the long line of God's gifts that Devman and AMW are from, but I'll chip in with my views. But remember, I'm just a mere mortal :eyes I'll sleep on the rest of my bets and wait for the lines to settle over night then be back tomorrow with a few more. Dustin Brown (+8.5 games) to beat David Ferrer- 10/11 Stan James- (3/10) The line looks a little high to me here given the way Brown plays on grass. His serve is huge and even against a good returner and hussler like Ferrer, he'll pick up plenty of cheap games and that should see him cover this line IMO. He has come through qualification well, beating Chiudinelli and Ram which will have given him confidence and he usually likes performing on the big stage. Saw a bit of Ferrer over in Holland and although he seemingly won the tournament with ease, Paire wasn't far away from beating him in straight sets in all honesty and the scoreline flattered the Spaniard a little. Don't get me wrong, I'm a really big fan of Ferrer and the way he approaches tennis but I'm never particularly convinced about him on the grass courts. He's never really done it at Wimbledon and I feel the big serving 'German' will cause him some problems here. The worry would be if Brown gets edged out in the first 2 sets, he may well roll over in the third but I don't think he will. He served well against Kohlschreiber over in Halle and pushed the German all the way which was a good effort considering how well Kohli has been playing recently and I think he'll have enough about himself to keep things close enough to Ferrer tomorrow.