** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012

Re: Wimbledon 2012 With you on the Istomin overs, Fishy. Andreev vs Istomin OVER 37.5 games @ 1.901 (Pinnacle:4pts) Can see 4 sets minimum here, both guys with big serves that can do some damage on a grasscourt. You never know what you'll get with Andreev but in a match-up like this I expect him to be competitive at least.Istomin got a great win over Seppi, worthy favourite here but does look a tad short to me on the outright. Like the overs in this one.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Andreev - Istomin Andreev was struggling a little bit in the first round against Golding, but Istomin had a very long match against Seppi. Both players are not good enough to take this match in 3 sets, they are struggling one set in the match during tournaments like this. And i think this will be a good odd for this match. 4/10 Andreev - Istomin over 3.5 sets @ 1.66 Bet365 Gulbis - Janowicz Gulbis is not the best player of this tour, but on grass he can beat the most players in this tour when he have his day. See the first round against Berdych. But it will be happen that he can loss here today after a good match. The quy out Poland is very good talented and he can make it here difficult for Gulbis, but i'm ask meself how he will handle the service from Gulbis if this are like the first match. I think Gulbis is on this surface a bit better than Janowicz and this is not the surface that he can beat Gulbis. 3/10 Gulbis tb. Janowicz @ 1.71 5Dimes

Re: Wimbledon 2012

What do you say about Clijsters K. under 18.5? Worth a play or where do you draw the line för a bet?
On a good day, Clijsters can beat the Czech 6-0 6-0. However, Hlavackova has improved tremendously in recent months and Kim has not been at her best for quite some time. I saw her match against Schiavone the other day and consistency just is not there at the moment. Staying away from that match personally.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Going with a small double today. Gulbis tb. Janowicz & Benneteau tb. Russell 2.10 Pinnacle 2/10 Quite surprised to see so many people opposing Gulbis tbh. He played amazing tennis against Berdych and impressed me enough to think he'll beat Janowicz today. Ok, the Pole is really good on serve, but I rate him lower than Gulbis considering both skills and experience. It's his first start in a Slam and although it cannot be seen as a main factor, he may feel the pressure today. I believe in Ernest will to play good today and trust his powerful serve and forehand. Probably would take Gulbis win even with the lower odds, so I'm happy to make use of 1.74 offered by Pinnacle. Anyway, we all know how unpredictable Latvian can be, so I'm keeping the stake low. Benneteau has beaten Muller easier than most of us probably supposed and honestly I just can't imagine him losing to a player like Russell. American got through the first round smashing Adrian Menendez-Maceiras. Enough to say, that for his opponent it was the first appearance in ATP tournament ever, so we cannot overrate this victory. One set is the most that I'll give Russell today. From the other matches, I agree on +7,5 games handicap on Bemelmans, relying on his serve and expect Malisse to beat Simon, but I'll leave it alone. Good luck:hope

To begin with, I'll go for a small accumulator: Mahut to beat Lorenzi 1.15 Raonic to beat Giraldo 1.11 Stepanek to beat Stakhovsky 1.45 Kubot to beat Ito 1.36 AKO: 2,55 (Betsson) 3/10
+5,10 pts
Have a few picks for today, but let's start with a double: Wawrinka to beat Melzer and Tomic to beat Goffin 1.84 Betsson 3/10
-3 pts Overally: +2,10 pts Average start on this forum for me, profit is profit, but Wawrinka and Tomic were really stupid bets, sorry for them. Fortunately Mahut managed to take the 5th set to safe the first bet. Overally it's a good tournament for me so far, but I didn't post most of the bets here so they don't matter in fact :D Fingers crossed for Gulbis and Benneteau today. Some nice shots from you guys, especially on Federer unders and handicap:clap

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Istomin/Andreev overs came through anyway. One for tomorrow: Del Potro -7.5 games vs Soeda @ 1.862 (Pinnacle:3pts) Del Potro had some problems with Haase in rd 1, went to 4 sets, but Haase does have a big game and on his day is pretty dangerous and can trouble the best players(as Nadal knows). However Soeda should be more up Del Potro's street, typical Asian guy who is quick around the court but lacks any real weapons and has an attackable serve. Del Potro should be able to dominate this match-up and possibly one set with a blow-out which should give the line a good shot.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Think Gulbis had break points in the fourth as well. Janowicz couldn't win a point on Gulbis' serve for a good 20 mins in the fifth :rollin Just waiting on Bemelmans now, needs 2 more holds for a full house today :hope

Haha Gulbis, you penis! Slider, you deserved that after PP's meltdown :ok
Cheers. Unlucky with Petzschner, arguably a bit fortunate with Janowicz, so I'll take that. I don't know you multiple bets per day guys do it, stressful stuff. Hopefully Bemelmans hangs in there for Fishy.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Thought Bemelmans was going to balls that all up there but he has managed to cover the handicap...just. Looks like a really good day in here. Think Slider and me will be Polish for the night after Janowicz's win, also a push for Atko as well which was even better! Perfect day for me though with all 4 bets coming in which makes up for some dreadful batting in the cricket. +15.60 today, taking me to +21.00 overall now and hopefully that will increase. Just a little point from me. Well done to everyone in the tournament so far in what I think have been a really tricky few days to call. Atko, Slider, Czech and IAG have all had terrific shouts. (Won't be long until Czech nails one of these huge odds outsiders) Some good calls from others as well and long may it continue. :clap:clap

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back David Goffin (-3) to beat Jesse Levine for a 3/10 stake at 2.02 with Pinnacle The Belgian does have more potential overall and his positive attitude should get him through this challenge today. Jesse Levine is nothing special, good enough to beat the likes of Beck, but Goffin should be outside his range at the moment. Goffin does not have a huge serve, but he should have a solid advantage in rallies and that is what longer matches are all about (and Levine's serve is not THAT good). For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/goffin-vs-levine-betting--david-goffin-to-record-yet-another-comfortable-victory Back Francesca Schiavone (-3.5) to beat Kristyna Pliskova for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle I have to side with the experienced Italian here. She is not playing on the top of her game these days, but her fighting spirit is still there and I can see her frustrating Pliskova with that attitude. Pliskova is a big talent and has the ideal game for grass, but I can see her panicking under pressure. After all, she is still spending a lot of time on the ITF circuit. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/schiavone-vs-pliskova-betting--francesca-schiavone-is-not-going-to-fall-in-the-second-round Back A.Dolgopolov/B.Paire - Over 38 games for a 3/10 stake at 1.90 with Pinnacle We all know how crazy these guys can be and I just cannot see either winning 3-0 today. I know that short sets are a possibility, but the line is rather low nonetheless. I expect a few momentum swings in this match and I would not be surprised by a five-setter either, since these guys can go from very good to very bad really quickly. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/paire-vs-dolgopolov-betting--the-battle-of-two-inconsistent-players-can-easily-go-to-the-distance

Andreev - Istomin Andreev was struggling a little bit in the first round against Golding, but Istomin had a very long match against Seppi. Both players are not good enough to take this match in 3 sets, they are struggling one set in the match during tournaments like this. And i think this will be a good odd for this match. 4/10 Andreev - Istomin over 3.5 sets @ 1.66 Bet365 Gulbis - Janowicz Gulbis is not the best player of this tour, but on grass he can beat the most players in this tour when he have his day. See the first round against Berdych. But it will be happen that he can loss here today after a good match. The quy out Poland is very good talented and he can make it here difficult for Gulbis, but i'm ask meself how he will handle the service from Gulbis if this are like the first match. I think Gulbis is on this surface a bit better than Janowicz and this is not the surface that he can beat Gulbis. 3/10 Gulbis tb. Janowicz @ 1.71 5Dimes
-0.76 units for today, thanks to Gulbis!

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Nieminen - Baker I like the odds for Baker here. What a comeback he made the last time and you can see that he was/is a great talented player. Nieminen won in the first round against Lopez, but Lopez are very weak. When Lopez was fit, i think Nieminen didn't won that match. 4/10 Baker ML @ 1.85 Pinnacle 2/10 Goffin - Levine x Baghdatis - Dimitrov (Both matches over 3.5 sets) @ 2.16 Bet365 Both matches had a favorite in my eyes, that are Goffin and Dimitrov. But i don't see that both matches are finished in 3 sets. Goffin are playing well, but he don't had the quality to playing good three sets in a row. Baghdatis is a player who mentally are weak but i think that he can win the first or second set in this match, i don't see lose him with 0-3 here.

Nieminen - Baker I like the odds for Baker here. What a comeback he made the last time and you can see that he was/is a great talented player. Nieminen won in the first round against Lopez, but Lopez are very weak. When Lopez was fit, i think Nieminen didn't won that match. 4/10 Baker ML @ 1.85 Pinnacle 2/10 Goffin - Levine x Baghdatis - Dimitrov (Both matches over 3.5 sets) @ 2.16 Bet365 Both matches had a favorite in my eyes, that are Goffin and Dimitrov. But i don't see that both matches are finished in 3 sets. Goffin are playing well, but he don't had the quality to playing good three sets in a row. Baghdatis is a player who mentally are weak but i think that he can win the first or second set in this match, i don't see lose him with 0-3 here.
I dont mind you saying Baghdatis is not really in good form, but mentally weak??? You might want to look for another word.

I dont mind you saying Baghdatis is not really in good form' date=' but mentally weak??? You might want to look for another word.[/quote'] Yes, i don't say that he is not good in form. But i'm was looking for the word: choke, Baghdatis must be choke one sets in this matches. Thats the reason that i see him not to win 3-0 as underdog. He is good enough to take one or more set from the youngster Dimitrov who is in good shape.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Hi guys, 1 pick for WTA WIMBLEDON: RADWANSKA TO DEFEAT WATSON BY 2:0 SETS @ 1.62 on ladbrokes Watson is a very talented young player but still inexperienced and is unable compete with top 5 players. Actually, the only time she was close to beating anyone in top 5 was in US Open against Sharapova last year but Sharapova is a complete opposite to Radwanska in terms of style of the game, so Sharapova's match should be irrelevant.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Very nice day again yesterday, with some matches still in progress too. Seems like the whole thread is also on form. Rain is forecast for the next couple of days so it'll be interesting to see what happens with a lot of the ties. In terms of today's play, I really like two handicap bets. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga looked over his finger issue in R1 against Lleyton Hewitt. He served really well, moved impeccably and hit numerous forehand winners. He takes on Guillermo Garcia-Lopez next, a player who looks tidy enough but mentally checks out of matches. He could easily throw in a bad set. The line is -7 games and that to me seems low. I'd also expect David Goffin to be too strong for Jesse Levine. The American is a scrapper, but Goffin's confident and now used to the grass. The -3 game line is pretty small, especially when I had it priced at -6.5! Juan Martin Del Potro ought to come on for his tough match with Robin Haase and I expect him to take care of the -8 game line against Go Soeda, who he has beaten easily before, while Soeda's compatriot, Kei Nishikori, has returned from injury fitter than before and has far too much variation and skill for the ageing and limited Florent Serra. The -6.5 handicap is a goer there. Andy Roddick needed two days to beat Jamie Baker but Bjorn Phau, who he has beaten many times before, is a much easier assignment. Phau will fight but doesn't have much in his locker, and the Eastbourne champ should be able to cover a -7.5 line there. Marin Cilic takes on Lukasz Kubot in what could be an intriguing match, but I'll back the Croat to cover the -5 line against a man he's beaten before. Kubot has extra pressure to defend points here at SW19 and I'm not sure he can replicate his R16 run. Cilic has the groundies to pick apart his net game. Speaking of net games, Benoit Paire and Alex Dolgopolov meet in a blockbuster. Both very unorthodox players who can dip in and out of form. Paire, though, likes grass and has been playing solidly the last few weeks. The +4 line looks like chancing on him. Finally, Jurgen Melzer will have got a massive lift after slaying Stan Wawrinka in five sets. The Austrian has a winnable match against Lukas Lacko, who is more happy on a hard court, and I'd fancy Melzer to kick on and win that match. He leads the H2H 1-0 too, covering this line. Selections - Jo-Wilfried Tsonga -7 games AH v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez @ 1.99 with 188bet 2pts - David Goffin -3 games AH v Jesse Levine @ 1.83 with panbet 2pts - Kei Nishikori -6.5 games v Florent Serra @ 1.94 with panbet 1pt - Andy Roddick -7.5 games v Bjorn Phau @ 1.94 with panbet 1pt - Juan Martin Del Potro -8 games AH v Go Soeda @ 1.94 with 188bet 1pt - Jurgen Melzer -4 games AH v Lukas Lacko @ 1.86 with panbet 1pt - Benoit Paire +4 games AH v Alexandr Dolgopolov @ 1.96 with panbet 1pt - Marin Cilic -5 games AH v Lukasz Kubot @ 1.86 with panbet 1pt

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Hopefully it'll be another highly profitable day in the forum. Taking on quite a few today as the lines look pretty decent. Lots of these have been covered by Atko so I'm not going to ramble on and repeat too much. Hopefully the rain showers in the early afternoon don't last for too long but expect an interval or two today. Marin Cilic (-5.5 games) to beat Lukasz Kubot- 10/11 Stan James- (4/10) Like Cilic in this one after he came through Stebe in less than convincing fashion. I think he'll come through this one far more comfortably though and he usually fares extremely well against big servers and that's just what he's up against here. Kubot will look to serve and volley whenever he can whilst he won't do much in the rallies and that should suit Cilic. He returns extremely well on serve and once he deals with the first return, there's not too much to Kubot's game in truth. He's extremely good at the net with his big frame but once Cilic gets going, he should be able to pass the Pole and dominate whilst Kubot won't offer much on return providing Cilic doesn't serve a ton of double faults today. The Croat has beaten his opponent here twice in the past, both pretty comfortably indoors where Kubot's serve will be at it most deadly and on the grass, I think Cilic will win this nicely. David Goffin (-3.5 games) to beat Jesse Levine- 19/20 BetVictor- (4/10) I'm with Czech and Atko again here on the in form Belgian as the handicap looks pretty low to me. Beating Tomic in the first round is a huge scalp for the youngster, as it's usually the Australian and not Goffin who is touted for big things in the future so in winning that won, Goffin has firmly put himself into the public eye and shown that his French Open run wasn't a fluke. He's not experienced on the grass at all but with that win over Tomic, his confidence should grow and he'll settle down on the grass. Levine dominated his first round match with Beck but this is a few steps up from the challenger events he has been playing. He'll fight and fight and could take a set, but the good thing about this line is that Goffin could lose a set comfortably and still cover the handicap and given how I think he'll come through, the handicap looks a good option to me for the Belgian. Andy Roddick (-7.5 games) to beat Bjorn Phau- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) Although Roddick is nowhere near the force he used to be, he should have way too much for Phau here. The American narrowly beat Baker in 3 sets in the first round but playing a Brit is never the easiest thing to do at Wimbledon with the crowd and everything so he'll be pleased just to get past the first round and I think he should be more relaxed now. He actually played some really good stuff though against Baker which was good to see and you have to fancy him to beat Phau without too many complications. The Frenchman doesn't have any real weapons for this surface really and beating Odesnik, who was a lucky loser in 5 sets doesn't fill me with any confidence about his chances here. Roddick should be all over him from the first few service games, and with him winning the last 3 encounters between the two extremely comfortably indeed, I think he'll make that 4 in a row today. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (-6.5 games) to beat Guillermo Garcia-Lopez- 10/11 Stan James- (4/10) The Frenchman's finger looked fine and dandy to me against Hewitt which gives me enough confidence to back him here. He's extremely dangerous on this surface like the others as well but grass in particular is where he can be particularly destructive and unbeatable and I think he'll win this one well. His huge serve is unbreakable at times, whilst he can unleash winners on his forehand on both sides and I don't see the Spaniard coping with that in truth. Garcia-Lopez beat Roger-Vasselin in an epic in the first round but that's as far as he goes in this year's tournament. He may be able to keep this close for a little while if he plays well, but his mental state is fragile and if things aren't going well, he is more than capable of rolling over. Tsonga will be too good for him though and with this handicap, it's possible that one break a set could cover it and that's the minimum I expect here. Juan Martin Del Potro (-7.5 games) to beat Go Soeda- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) Hard to see Soeda making too much of an impression here. He beat Kunitsyn easy as you like in the first round but you can't read too much into that as the Russian is in poor form and Soeda will have to go some to trouble Del Potro today. He's not really got any significant weapons to get much success today and the Argentinian will have far too much power on his shots for Soeda to really gain a foothold in the match. He had some problems against Haase but as IAG said, Haase has the game to trouble anyone if he's on song so it's not too much of a shock that he caused some problems in that match. Soeda doesn't have that game though and I think Del Potro should be all over him despite the Asian's hard work rate. He has beaten Soeda in both matches they've played extremely comfortably and one easy set here should see the handicap through. Benoit Paire vs Alexandr Dolgopolov- Over 38.5 games- 5/6 Stan James- (3/10) This one should be extremely entertaining to watch and could turn into a bit of a mini classic which could easily go all the way. The thing with both guys is that despite being talented players, they have the tendency to check out a bit mentally which leads to massive inconsistency. Paire has played well recently with getting to the semis in Holland and then beating Edben comfortably enough in the first round here but you only have to take a closer look at those results to get an indication of what he's like. He dropped a set 6-0 in beating Kubot last week whilst after dominating Ebden for long periods, he still managed to drop a set which emphasizes that inconsistency. Dolgopolov as we know has so much raw talent but his inconsistency is probably second to none and he's equally likely to win a set 6-1 and then lose the next by the same scoreline. The handicap is an option here, but I'm more interested in the overs as there's too much possibility of some erratic sets which could screw any handicaps. I do think we'll see at least 4 sets, and quite likely 5 which will cover the overs, but a couple of tightish sets in a 4 set match could also do the job. Ivo Karlovic vs Andy Murray- Tie Break in Match- 4/6 Coral- (3/10) Going back to my old favourite bet here and expected much shorter odds for a breaker occurring in this one in truth so the 4/6 price was a bit hard to turn down. I read the Murray-Davydenko match completely wrong as the Russian couldn't do anything to Murray but Karlovic has his one main weapon to cause some problems today - his serve. We all know about Dr Ivo and his serve which is extremely hard to break and that should be the case here despite Murray's returning skills. It doesn't matter who you are really, if Karlovic delivers some of his bomb serves, it's near enough impossible to return especially on the grass. I was a little worried about him fitness as at the French Open he was clearly injured but it looks as though he's over that problem now and his serve is back on form. He won't be doing much on return, if anything at all as if the rallies are longer than 3 or 4 shots, Karlovic is pretty much f*cked but I think he'll hold serve enough times here to force a tie break in one of the sets.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Johansson +5 games AH vs McHale @ 2.010 (Pinnacle:4pts) Johansson can play on grass, decent player, and I think it'll be tough for McHale to cover this line today, does look big to me. She struggled mightily against Konta going to 9-7 in the 3rd and she choked there with chances to break at 7-7. McHale is a good player, steady from the baseline, but IMO she's too short today and value on Johansson for me. Erakovic +3.5 games vs Vinci @ 2.00 (Pinnacle:3pts) Vinci is a crafty player, uses plenty of slices, whereas Erakovic has a more powerful game and I think she can be competitive today, actually think she might have a shot taking this one down. She can definitely play on faster surfaces, Vinci will try and get her to self-destruct which can happen but it's a match-up where I think Erakovic can compete hard.

GOFFIN VS LEVINE David Goffin has really been very progressive over the last month and is making giant strides into the top 50 and hopefully beyond. He had a very good victory over Tomic in round one, although I am was not very convinced with what Tomic put in. On the other hand Levine has been very effective and clinical since the beginning of the grass season. Where it can be said that Goffin is a good all rounder and can play on grass, I think Levine loves grass and has a game well suited to the surface. I am picking Levine(The bookies fly in the ointment today) to upset Goffin.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Roddick vs Phau UNDER 32 games AH @ 1.909 (Pinnacle:4pts) I'll probably look to oppose Roddick at some point this week, but he couldnt have asked for a better 2nd round here vs Phau who is pretty bad these days and no real pedigree in slam matches or on the surface. Great draw for him and Odesnik in round one, both got lucky there and were given a big chance, Phau came through but he's gone home today. No real weapons here, nice backhand, but attackable serve whereas Roddick isnt easy to break when he's on form, had a tough one yesterday but Baker fought hard from start to finish in that one.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Vavara Lepchenko to beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova @ 12/5 BET 365 Strength (5/10) At this price I think it's worth taking on Pavlyuchenkova here. Yes it is true that she seems to have somewhat rediscovered her poise in recent months and looks to be getting back to the form of a couple of years ago, however even back then she was unreliable and prone to losing matches like this. Aside from the French last year she hasn't really done anything in slams. Her opponent Lepchenko has improved alot this year, was decent on grass anyway before this improvement, and I'm backing here to be the one who holds her nerve in this match because I definitely think she can run the Russian close. :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 How about V.Lapchenko (+4.5)?

Vavara Lepchenko to beat Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova @ 12/5 BET 365 Strength (5/10) At this price I think it's worth taking on Pavlyuchenkova here. Yes it is true that she seems to have somewhat rediscovered her poise in recent months and looks to be getting back to the form of a couple of years ago, however even back then she was unreliable and prone to losing matches like this. Aside from the French last year she hasn't really done anything in slams. Her opponent Lepchenko has improved alot this year, was decent on grass anyway before this improvement, and I'm backing here to be the one who holds her nerve in this match because I definitely think she can run the Russian close. :hope

How about V.Lapchenko (+4.5)?
Yeah go for it. I should do handicaps way more than I do but I'm thinking if Vavara makes a match of it she will be the one who holds herself together and wins so I may as well just go for the outright. She's only just recently found out she'll be in the USA Olympic team as well so she should be further buoyed.

Bookies won't be liking Goffin' date=' some big bets on the handicap coming in :ok[/quote'] Good call that. Goffin really builds up ahead of steam the longer the match goes on I've noticed. Annoyed that I didn't take Baker. His game is designed to take apart a limited serve and volley guy like Nieminen.