** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012

EBDEN VS PAIRE Sometimes statistics can be your biggest hindrance in trying to work out a winner of a certain match, as all you will see from every angle are positive supporting reasons why a certain player must win. Oh! he has been in blistering form since......oh! he has won 7 straight on grass....oh! his opponent has been easily dismissed in 5 of his last 6 matches in the first round. Rubbish! Apart from this past week, Paire has been pretty average and I expect the better tennis to come out of Ebden's racket as he is the player with the grass pedigree. I also feel Paire will be a winny bit tired and I expect him to show signs of a broken timing belt midway into the match. trust me 8/10

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Hi all. First time poster! Is it me or does the games handicap for the Tsonga vs Hewitt match seem too low? I expect Tsonga to put away Hewitt quite easily here who hasn't been able to play much tennis since his Australian Open. I don't think Hewitt can win a set but the $1.60 - $1.65 don't really entice me...the -6.5 game handicap at $1.80 would see this cash with a 6-4 6-3 6-3 match, which is as far as a I think Hewitt will push Tsonga. Hewitt has also had an opperation his foot this year and had steel plates inserted, he has stated that he has had to change the way he moves and plays which I don't think will play into his hands at the age of 31, it is hard to change ways. Does anyone else have a similar read for this match?

Re: Wimbledon 2012 What a disappointment yesterday was for me. Thankfully I didn't post the rest of my bets because, in the main, they lost out. Scrapping the points system, focusing the mind and going for these bets today. R1: Ivan Dodig v Lukas Rosol - Lukas Rosol to win @2.09 with 188bet Two very similar players in this match but it's the Czech who I'd make the favourite for this one. Dodig isn't in a good place right now. His year has been blighted by injuries and he's barely made inroads in many events. Played okay at Queen's but feel his win over Tsonga was more down to the Frenchman's finger than a moment of brilliance. Can serve well but after that it's all about hitting the ball hard. Same kind of tactics for Rosol but he did play well at Queen's, taking out Baghdatis and proving that he can play on this surface. Feel he's in a better place mentally in comparison to his opponent. Dodig has admitted himself that this season has been tough. I feel if he falls behind he may just falter. Rosol's nothing special, but he's got a lot of power and I can see him hitting through Dodig and being more consistent. Prepared for this to go the distance but still happy to take the Czech, who should be favourite for me and therefore represents value. R1: Marcos Baghdatis v Albert Montanes - Marcos Baghdatis -7.5 games @ 1.89 with 188bet There's no way I can take Montanes seriously in this match. The Spaniard was playing on clay last week in Monza, where he made the final, and I just can't see how he will have prepared for grass court tennis in such a short space of time. He's never been especially adept on the grass anyway, but his lack of prep will hamper him further. Baghdatis has been a bit hit-and-miss this year but often brings his best tennis to the Slams. He pushed Djokovic fairly close last year and the quicker courts suit his game far more than the clay does. H2H is 1-1 but Montanes' win was on clay, so I'm happy to discount that. For me, the Spaniard has rocked up for his £12k prize money. He's declined rapidly since his heyday two years ago and I fear for him in this match. I expect the Cypriot to win cosily. R1: Feliciano Lopez v Jarkko Nieminen - Feliciano Lopez -5.5 games @ 1.86 with panbet Mentality is such a massive part of tennis and right now, Nieminen's mental state is all over the place. Remember Roland Garros, when he lead a crocked Murray yet proceeded to implode and beat himself? Well, I think that match is going to haunt him for quite a while. Didn't look himself in Halle when losing tamely to Kubot and the he was god-awful against Sijsling last week in s'Hertogenbosch. Feel he's all over the place at present. Lopez is a good grass court player: big serve, good volleyer and aggressive tactics. He has QF points to defend so I expect him to be sharp on the grass of Wimbledon. H2H is 5-2 in favour of the Finn but all of those wins came a few years ago now when Nieminen was much, much better than he is now. He's a solid player when on form, but right now he's all over the shop. Small enough handicap for Lopez to cover and I feel he should manage to do so. R1: Brian Baker v Rui Machado - Brian Baker -8.5 games @ 1.833 with panbet You'll almost always find me opposing Machado on grass if the price and line are right. He's another player who rocks up purely for the prize money. Good challenger player at best but gets shown up when he meets good players off the clay. Baker's renaissance continued with a seamless run through qualies, so he's had plenty of game time on this surface. Machado hasn't played since he threw away match points against Anderson at the French, so it's hard to gauge where's he's at prep-wise. Can see this match being done and dusted pretty quickly. Baker's playing well, full of confidence, in a winning groove and up against a man who is a t his limited best only on clay. Confident the line will be covered. R1: Lukasz Kubot v Tatsuma Ito - Lukasz Kubot -4.5 games @ 1.86 with panbet There's no doubt Ito has the potential to be handy player in the future but I don't fancy his chances against Kubot. Feel this could be a bad match-up for him. Kubot is very much a man who will attack the net whenever possible and his aggressive play won't suit Ito. The Japanese is much happier sparring from the back. Evidence is there from last week. He lost in straights to Paire in s'Hertogenbosch and Paire is a similar kind of player to Kubot - one that often tries to kill points early and volley. Ito's not had much experience on grass in comparison to the Pole, so do fear for him a little on that front. As for Kubot, he's turned into a very solid Slam player. Often makes the second week now and has plenty to defend here after making R16 last year. The 4.5 games total even allows for a dropped set so reckon we have some value here. R1: Marin Cilic v Cedrik-Marcel Stebe - Marin Cilic -7.5 games @ 1.94 with panbet I was really impressed by Cilic at Queen's. Served well and was very consistent, varied and clinical off the deck. His coach Brett has crowed enough times recently that the Croat is coming back to his best after injury last season and I reckon we're just starting to see the Cilic that made the US Open semis a few years back. Stebe has a bright future but until he sorts his weak serve out, he won't be competitive against the best players. He regularly gets broken because his second serve has no pace and that hamstrings his nice stroke play. Tough ask though to compete with Cilic, who is in-form and could be a dangerous man in Murray's half of the draw. Handicap is one point too low for me so content enough to strike. Good luck to everyone :hope

Annika Beck VS Gorvortsova I am not even going to bother to say much about this match and what we expect. Can I say that if you are in this business and do not know or heard of the name Annika Beck, you might just need counseling. Annika Beck hails from a flock of a new dynamic breed of teenagers in the women's game seeking to give tennis a face lift along the likes of players like Ashley Barty the Aussie machine(playing later today) Beck had a smooth and convincing qualifying tournament entering wimbledon in ready mode.. I take her to do a clean job on govortsova and progress nicely. 10/10

Hi all. First time poster! Is it me or does the games handicap for the Tsonga vs Hewitt match seem too low? I expect Tsonga to put away Hewitt quite easily here who hasn't been able to play much tennis since his Australian Open. I don't think Hewitt can win a set but the $1.60 - $1.65 don't really entice me...the -6.5 game handicap at $1.80 would see this cash with a 6-4 6-3 6-3 match, which is as far as a I think Hewitt will push Tsonga. Hewitt has also had an opperation his foot this year and had steel plates inserted, he has stated that he has had to change the way he moves and plays which I don't think will play into his hands at the age of 31, it is hard to change ways. Does anyone else have a similar read for this match?
Welcome to the forum :ok I want to see Tsonga play before I gauge where he's at. He fractured his finger at Queen's and one has to wonder how fit/comfortable he really is. He said in L'Equipe on Sunday that he feels good but Hewitt will scrap and bite and fight to the bitter end and could take advantage of any weaknesses as he's desperate to sign off with some sort of success. Perhaps one to monitor in play.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Levine vs Beck OVER 38.5 games @ 5/6 (Bet365:3pts) Looks like 4 or 5 sets here. Levine qualifying well but Beck has some decent pedigree on grass, can certainly play on the surface and I'd expect him to be competitive in this one. De Schepper vs Bachinger TIE BREAK IN THE MATCH: YES @ 8/11 (Bet365:2pts) De Schepper is a servebot, big donkey of a player and will have spells where his serve wont be touched. Bachinger has got a decent serve himself, De Schepper qualified winning 3 matches, can see a couple of close sets in this one.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Anyone think Lacko will struggle to cover -7.5 games vs Ungur, I know the Romanian has done nothing on grass but he's playing well lately, good from the baseline. Lacko is not exactly reliable. Andujar is another who has done nothing on grass, but can you see Ward covering -5.5 games, the man is average as they come.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Have a few picks for today, but let's start with a double: Wawrinka to beat Melzer and Tomic to beat Goffin 1.84 Betsson 3/10 I have been thinking about Wawrinka-Melzer match for a while, but in the end I decided to get involved. Ok, agree that grass courts are not Stan's favourites, but we can say the same about Jurgen. I rate Wawrinka's serve higher and I suppose him to keep his service games quite comfortably. Melzer lost against Ito few days ago and even if he might have been interested in having a rest before Wimbledon, we all know how inconsistent he can be. I just think he has some problems in Slams lately, having lost to Berrer early in French Open as well. Don't expect a quick win for Wawrinka, but he is quite used to long matches and may be too strong mentally and physically for Melzer. As for the second pick, I really don't see Goffin playing well on grass. He impressed everybody during the recent weeks, beating Kubot and taking a set from Federer during Roland Garros, but clay courts are a different story. Then he was crashed by Paire 1:6 4:6 in Hertogebosch. Tomic did not well last time too, losing to Fognini in three. Anyway Tomic he has a huge potencial with his specific style of play and although not being a fan of this guy, I can't see him having problems today. Goffin has too weak serve for grass and might struggle even in his own service games. If Tomic still want's to be considered as this "great talent", he must win this game. Still having Kubot, Mahut and Raonic in play. Hope the Frenchman take this 5th set. Predict also easy wins for Cilic and Del Porto, but handicaps are a bit too high for me. Good luck for everybody :hope

Anyone think Lacko will struggle to cover -7.5 games vs Ungur, I know the Romanian has done nothing on grass but he's playing well lately, good from the baseline. Lacko is not exactly reliable. Andujar is another who has done nothing on grass, but can you see Ward covering -5.5 games, the man is average as they come.
I had Ungur short listed but felt there were better bets out there so decided to give it a miss. Wouldn't put you off though. The Ward match all depends on how Andujar approaches it. More talented player but rarely performs away from the clay. That'd be my concern over him. Ward is a Challenger player though ...

Re: Wimbledon 2012 And the rest of my bets as well... Sam Querrey (-4.5 games) to beat Vasek Pospisil- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) I know the American retired last week in Eastbourne because of his back but I expect that was just done as a precaution and I expect him to be ready to go this week. He finally put a good run together at Queen's, making the semis and that would have been a huge confidence boost ahead of Wimbledon where he will know realistically he can give anyone a game. His serve was working extremely well a couple of weeks back and although his ground strokes looked a little dubious at times, the conditions at Queen's were hardly ideal and I expect hit to hit them with far more conviction here. Pospisil hasn't managed to do anything on the ATP tour this season, not making it past the first round of any event and I think Querrey on grass should be a couple of levels above him. The Canadian is a big hitter and should hit his fair share of winners and the grass compliments him quite well, but he's still too erratic for my liking. He's taken sets off Harrison and Nalbandian recently, but he's also lost to Berankis which highlights that inconsistency. It should be relatively close for periods, but in the end I expect Querrey to come through and dominate a little. His serve is far more reliable in my eyes and that should get him out of trouble should he need it and come the end, I think he'll win with a touch to spare. Nikolay Davydenko vs Andy Murray- Over 28.5 games- 5/6 Stan James- (4/10) No way the line should be this low for a Murray match in the first round of a slam. There's been loads of talk over the past few days about Murray's body language on court but that's nothing new but fact of the matter is, Murray is a bit of a chump when it come to the opening couple of rounds in slams, Wimbledon especially. In the past few years he has dropped sets to Gimeno-Traver and Robert Kendrick in the opening round in London whilst the likes of Harrison and Devvarman have covered this line against Murray in the slams as well which shows how Murray likes to make hard work of his opening matches. Davydenko is far from the player he once was but the big occasion against the local favourite may just suit him here and make him play some good tennis. In all honesty, he doesn't actually have to trouble Murray too much to cover this line. A set will for the Russian will definitely do it, but if he keeps a couple of sets tight and maybe forces a tie break, we should see the line come through and given Murray's recent first round performances and the match against Mahut, I'll take the overs here. Feliciano Lopez (-5.5 games) to beat Jarkko Nieminen- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) Agree completely with Atko on this one. Since that defeat to Murray in Paris, the Finn looks all over the place right now with a couple of less than inspiring performances against Kubot and Sijsling and that just says to me that he's not in the right place to mount a serious challenge to Lopez here. The Spaniard is a good player on the grass. His serve makes him pretty difficult to break as he'll pick up those cheap points, whilst he is defending a ton of points from 12 months ago so he'll know the importance of a good couple of weeks here. Atko has covered everything really so not going to repeat everything he's said but unless Nieminen drastically improves his form, I think Lopez will win this comfortably. James Ward (-5.5 games) to beat Pablo Andujar- 10/11 Stan James- (3/10) God help me for backing a mediocre Brit with this sort of handicap but I think he'll cover it. We saw yesterday that there were some little glimpses of good performances from the Brit's from Golding and in particular Heather Watson and I think Ward will join Watson in the second round pretty comfortably as well. Andujar is completely rotten on the grass, and even on his beloved clay he has been poor in the past couple of months, losing to the likes of Paire and Farah which isn't great by any means. He's won just one match in his entire career on grass, and that was a first round qualifying match for Wimbledon way back in 2007. Since then he's consistency been beaten comfortably and Sweeting managed to come back from 2 sets down last year so it's clear the grass isn't Andujar's favourite place to be. He'll go back to the clay after Wimbledon and I just expect he's here just for a bit of extra cash, without any serious hopes of winning or challenging Ward here. Whist the Spaniard has been getting hammered by a less than impressive Baghdatis recently, Ward has managed to take sets off Matosevic and Anderson which is a decent showing. The Brit has never won a match here in SW19 but I expect him to change that today, and change it well. Philipp Kohlschreiber vs Tommy Haas- Over 40.5 games- 19/20 BetVictor- (2/10) You can get smaller lines than this one by a game or so but I like the price here and in truth I expect all of the lines to be covered really. It's hard to really envisage anything other than a tight affair here, with both playing well recently and knowing each other inside out. You would expect both to be pretty comfortable on serve for the majority, and I don't see too many breaks of serve occurring. In all 3 of their matches so far in the past, every single one has been extremely tight, with 3 going the distance. A couple of the 3 setters have almost covered this line on their own without the need for an additional set or two. They met in Halle a couple of weeks ago where Haas won 7-6 7-5 and given how I expect 4 sets at the very least in this one with a couple of tie breaks thrown in, I think the overs is a good bet here despite the line seeming high.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Go Soeda vs. Igor Kunitsyn The 2012 Wimbledon Championships offered some great first round matches such as duels between Janko Tipsarevic and David Nalbandian, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga and Lleyton Hewitt or Tomas Berdych and Ernests Gulbis but also matches that look less interesting on the paper and involve lower ranked players. Duel between Russian Igor Kunitsyn and Go Soeda from Japan is one of the matches that belong to this category. Go Soeda is in the best part of his tennis career and having the best tennis season. Soeda is a player who, thanks to his good scheduling, managed to come close to the position in Top50 as he played many ATP Challenger Tour events on Asian soil, where the competition is rather weak. For this reason his current ranking is clearly much better than are his tennis abilities as Soeda does not have any real weapon and relies mainly on his consistency. Also Igor Kunitsyn is mostly a Challenger Tour type of player but he also made some good results on ATP Tour (won an ATP Tour title in Moscow in 2008 and was ranked as Nr.39) and is known for his excellent performances on indoors tournaments on Russian soil. Kunitsyn considers his groundstrokes and the whole baseline play as the best part of his game but he is alos a decent doubles players. Soeda is currently ranked about 50 places higher than Kunitsyn but there was no difference in their rankings less than 3 months ago. We can easily say that there is no real difference between these two players in terms of tennis abilities and it could be Kunitsyn who would hold some advantage as he is the more experienced player on this level. Both can play solid tennis on grass and had very similar preparation for the 2012 Wimbledon Championships, so at current odds close to 2.70 Igor Kunitsyn seems like very nice value bet. But we recommend the safer option and take Igor Kunitsyn +4.5 games handicap as our next tennis pick. Starting Time: 26 June 2012, 15:30 CET Bet: Kunitsyn +4.5 games Odds: 1.758 Stake: 8 units Bookmaker: Pinnacle Sports

Re: Wimbledon 2012

Starace to beat Sweeting @4.00 at bet365. 6/10 I really don't get this odd here. Starace may be a clay courter having just one win on grass but i'm not impressed at all by Sweeting. He's going to be 25 next month and still plays mostly on challenger events in the US. Another case of great juniors player who fails to deliver in seniors. For me Starace is hugely underpriced here, maybe there's something missing from my book but i really don't get these odds. The italian is the more experienced and established guy, his serve is decent and has an overall good game, in an inspired day for him he can really put some problems. Another interesting betting option here is Starace to win more than one set @2,65 at Gamebookers David Goffin to beat Bernard Tomic @3,5 at bet365. 3/10 It's a well known fact that Bernard Tomic is one of the ****tiest characters on the tour. Given the amount of ****s he generally gives when playing the fact that he has some points to defend here doesn't impress me too much. Actually when losing you can never know if it is a matter of playing bad or just not caring if he loses. Goffin on the other hand seems to be a player who wants to be up there, he is really agressive and generally seems determined. This might seem more of a fantasy really but i just can't abstain on betting on shmucks like Tomic when there is a fairly decent chance of him cocking up. Always profitable on the long run.
Good odd to hedge now on Tomic. What a disgrace of a player! He and Dolgo are i think the most talented youngsters out there and just piss on their skill Starace retired it would seem

Hewitt – Tsonga Hewitt will be fight for every point, can play very good on grass but he is not the youngest player in the tour. We saw Tsonga struggling on Queens against Dodig and I think the Frenchmen can’t play three sets in a row very good and that will be give problems against Hewitt. 1.5/10 Hewitt +2.5 sets @ 2.20 Expekt De Schepper – Bachinger De Schepper is the player in form on this surface. 9 matches on grass the last weeks and 2 losses. Some good wins against Clement and Sweeting and I think he will continue this form here. Bachinger not in good shape, 3 matches on grass and 2 losses. He is struggling at the most times on this surface and I think this will be not a long story in this tournament. 2/10 De Schepper -1.5 set @ 2.25 12Bet 6/10 De Schepper ML @ 1.68 Pinnacle 3/10 Lopez tb. Nieminen x Paire tb. Ebden @ 2.08 Interwetten Lopez will be loves this surface, to play his game with his good surface. I’m not a big fan of Nieminen who is struggling in the most matches. Paire make some great performance the last months and I think he can beat Ebden in maybe a difficult match. Dodig – Rosol Dodig playing well on Queens against Tsonga, but later he was struggling in Rosmalen against Lorenzi. That is the problem by him, he is not steady enough to play good every week. Rosol will be playing fine on this grass with his good service, but overall he is not so good as Dodig. I think Rosol will be take one set maybe, but i like the odds on Dodig. These are to high in my eyes. 3/10 Dodig ML @ 1.84 Pinnacle
Roger Vasselin - Garcia Lopez The Frenchmen his game is made for this surface. Good play on the net and good service. Had playing some good games the last week on grass and will be facing here a player that not loves grass. Garcia Lopez will be skipped this tournaments after a clay season. Only one game for him on grass now and he will be loss this in straight sets against Mahut. 2/10 Roger Vasselin -1.5 set @ 1.75 188Bet
-2.92 units for today. Have seen some good odds for tomorrow.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Really haven't got into the tournament yet really but +3.54 today which takes me to +5.40 after the first couple of days. Terrible read on the Murray match though, never seem to get the hang off Murray matches in truth. Dustin Brown was as entertaining as always though and has already secured the handicap whilst Querrey did the business to secure the profit after James Ward fought back well. Some really good calls in here today. Atko and IAG with some cracking calls and Slider continues his 100% record for the tournament if I'm not mistaken. Czech also called the Querrey match perfectly with the overs. Top stuff fellas. :clap:clap

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Good stuff here again. Atko nailed a few good ones it seems and Fishy recovered nicely. Taking a few more bets than usual tomorrow as there's few I can't resist and win or lose I won't regret them. Juan Monaco to beat Jeremy Chardy @ 4/5 BET 365 Strength (7/10) Monaco not a natural grass courter but he's shown alot of improvement this season on all surfaces and I don't see any reason why he can't make good go of it on grass. He was clutch in the first round against Mayer (who can play on the faster surfaces) and with that win behind him he should be full of confidence after losing a few close 1st rounds at Wimbledon over the years ; a bit of monkey off his back. The Frenchman Chardy is dangerous and has a decent game for grass. Hard to read too much into his match against Volandri as the Italian probably just came for the pay check however he's obviously hitting the ball pretty well. The thing is with Chardy is consistency and he's known to get ragged and frustrated if he faces resistance and Monaco is one of the best on the tour for just making you play that extra ball. I think he'll frustrate Chardy, weather the shot-making, and grind him down in four or five sets. Jerzy Janowicz to beat Ernests Gulbis @ 6/4 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Simply put, I don't just don't trust Gulbis to back up his great performance against Berdych with another victory in a match he's expected to win. He won't be playing on centre court and he won't having nothing to lose and this is usually a scenario which brings out the clown in Gulbis. He's also facing a beast on the other side of the net who's already beaten him this year and will just love having the chance to pop his balloon and get under his skin in this sort of occasion. He's made it past the first round for the first time in a Grand Slam and I think he'll just go in without a care in the world and unleash his power game. If Gulbis repeats his serving stats from the Berdych match then it will be tough ask for the Pole but I think his demons will kick in around the second set and I think Janowicz will be ready to strike. His serving was great against Bolelli as well and after the first game he didn't face a break point for the entire match so he can hang with Gulbis in that department even if the Latvian brings his best. Philipp Petzschner to beat Florian Mayer @ 11/10 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Mayer leads the head to head 3-0 however I cannot hide my disdain for his inability to show his talent consistently and his penchant for bowing out of Grand Slams early - and tamely - and so I will gladly go against him here against his countryman. Grass also happens to be Petzschner's favourite surface and he plays at a high level here more often than not. Mayer will most likely start fast and solid as usual however put up any resistance in a best of five against this guy, mix up your game a bit, and more often than not he crumbles. Tursunov was tailor made for Mayer to use his craft and he romped home when he realised the Russian had nothing to hurt him with but Petzschner can slice as well as hit clean from the baseline and I think he'll work Mayer to the brink and Florian will fold. :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back Tsvetana Pironkova (+7) to beat Maria Sharapova for a 3/10 stake at 1.74 with Pinnacle Back Tsvetana Pironkova to beat Maria Sharapova for a 1/10 stake at 10.66 with Pinnacle It is never easy to go against the world's number one, but Pironkova can beat anyone in Wimbledon and this is a ridiculous price in all honesty. I am not saying that she is going to win, but she has enough power to match the Russian from the baseline and the nothing-to-lose attitude can do wonders for her. Has beaten Venus Williams, Zvonareva, Bartoli, etc. in the past here, so I can definitely see her getting yet another big victory. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/pironkova-vs-sharapova-betting--tsvetana-pironkova-can-trouble-the-world-s-number-one Back Alejandro Falla to beat Nicolas Mahut for a 3/10 stake at 2.62 with Pinnacle Not sure why should we be having Mahut at 1.50 here. He was far from his best against Lorenzi and the determined Colombian always raises his game in Grand Slams. He offers much more when it comes to groundstrokes and I think that he will know what to do thanks to his match against Isner. Mahut is a bit like Isner in all honesty and Falla's consistency can prevail here once again. 50/50 match for me. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/falla-vs-mahut-betting--alejandro-falla-might-be-able-to-get-past-nicolas-mahut Back Florian Mayer to beat Philipp Petzschner for a 3/10 stake at 1.80 with Pinnacle It is risky to against slider24 these days, but I think that this is a good match-up for Mayer. In my opinion, he will be the one mixing things up against Petzschner, who is a bit one-dimensional in my opinion and I am not convinced by Petzschner just yet. He can be great on a good day, but he relies on his serve too much for my liking and Mayer should be able to frustrate him with his shots imo. We will see how it goes and there will be a winner in this thread at least ;). For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-petzschner-betting--florian-mayer-can-defeat-his-compatriot-once-again

______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon 2012 Time: 14:00 (GMT +3) Pick: De Schepper K. - Bachinger M. (-3) @2.04 Pinnaclesports Bet: 6/10 units Comment: Two young players will face off tomorow - both 25 years old. Also for both players it's second appearance in Wimbledon Main Event, both lost in first round - Bachinger to Gael Monfils in 3 sets last year and De Schepper in big battle of 5 sets lost to Olivier Rochus, also last year (De Schepper have won 3 matches for qualify, like he did it this year). I don't know why, but as i found fav surface for Bachinger is grass, but it's not because i maked a research about it and stats didn't impressed me so far - he's not playing too much on grass, only 22 games in 5 years, there is a split talking about wins/loses with only 59% 1st Serve. He had not bad clay season this year, but starting grass season he lost 2 games of 3, both loses 2-0. Really looks not that well like De Schepper stats on grass - 7/2 record, started playing grass only year ago (that what tennisexplorer says). Had a nice grass season start this year - win over Karol Beck beeing not fav, then real battle and dissapointing loss to Jurgen Zopp, couple wins in other tournament and 3 qualify wins in Wimbledon, all of them 3-0. This kid is in good form, moves well on the court, he should win this game, maybe not 3-0, but he can fit in talking about (-3) handicap with void chances. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon 2012 Time: 14:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Philipp Kohlschreiber - Tommy Haas (over 41.5) @1.98 Unibet Bet: 7/10 Comment: Two germans will play tomorow, not first meeting between this players. It will be 4ft H2H, all previuos was on grass (all of them in ATP Hall) so it's helping us out in making a pick - 2 of them (last ones) Hass won leaving one victory for Kohlschreiber in 2008. On reflection those games was best of 3 sets there was a lot of games playd - 37 games in 2008 (3 sets), 34 games in 2009 (3sets) and 25 games this year (2 sets). In every game was Tie-Break and only one set inded under 10.5 games. So as we see both player serving really well on this grass, expecting atleast 4 set game tomorow with atleast one two sets over 10.5 games. Both players playing good on grass - Haas have 49/23 record in career and Kohlschreiber 34/18. Look fear to expect atleast 4 sets, even more - i'm really think there would be 5 set game because players have great expirience, should be great tennis fight tomorow. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________
Looks good after first picks: +13.1 units :hope ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 19:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Malisse X. - Simon G. @2.00 ladbrokes Bet: 6/10 Comment: Houston, we have a problems with that odds. Value! That what i see there, Simon is just terrible on grass - 21/19 (wins/loses) in he's career. This season lost in 3 sets to Simone Bolleli, win over Alexandr Dolgopolov and Paul-Henri Mathieu (after retire). We just need to be true there - grass is not for Simon, he's an claycourter. In other side is Xavier Malisse, who actually are playing best tennis on grass courts - 50/26 in career, this season opened with 7/2 losing only to Philipp Petzschner and David Nalbandian in preparings for Wimbledon. First round he playd versus Marinko Matosevic, who actually have best form in he's career at this point, and just crushed him out in 3 sets. I'm sure Simon will give a fight, but Malisse there would be fav and should win this battle, odds looks pretty good to take. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: ATP Wimbledon Time: 17:30 (GMT +3) Pick: Bemelmans R. - Gasquet R. (over 32.5) @1.97 Pinnacle Bet: 4/10 Comment: I don't know why those odds are so high on this bet. Both players playing good on grass, maybe just long way away from Gasquet in rankings. But in most thing it's just because Gasquet playing well on clay also, so he collecting more points than Bemelmans who actually plays best tennis on fast courts. Bemelmans started this grass season really well with 7 wins and 2 loses, made a real battle for great grass court player Benjamin Becker - lost only in 3 sets (best of 3), also lost to David Nalbandian. Qualified to Wimbledon easily, also won 1st round over Carlos Berlocq who actually not that good at grass courts. But the form looks like improoves, serve holds great and he's moving around the court quick. So i'm expecting atleast great fight from Bemelmans tomorow, should be atleast one Tie-break and couple of chances to take atleast one set in this match. Good luck! ______________________________________________________________________________ Event: WTA Wimbledon Time: 17:00 (GMT +3) Pick: Hlavackova A. - Clijsters K. (under 19.5) @1.73 Paddypower Bet: 7/10 Comment: Don't know what's the funniest part of this odds, but I think it's about court, where this womens will play. I should guess it's grass, but when i see those odds it looks unreal for that. Kim is just animal, playing best tennis on fast courts where Hlavackova looks just so poor. Why Clijster should lose more than 6 games? I don't see reason for that. She looks really perfect on grass 51/14 in career, this season 4/0 with win in WTA Hertogenbosch tournament. In first round just eated for a dinner Jelena Jankoic 6-2 6-4 who is really looks better than Hlavackova at fast courts. I just don't see Hlavackova giving the fight for Kim Clijsters tomorow, should be easy win for Kim. Good luck everyone! ______________________________________________________________________________

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Paire > Dolgopolov @3.5 Befair - Wimbledon 2nd round. Grass. Paire undoubtedly has a better 1st serve pecentage which give him quite an edge. Very aggressive on serve AND return but lacks fighting spirit. Dolgo has better fighting spirit but lacks everything else. Score prediction: Paire will win 63 76 16 75. update: paire won 76 64 64. Didn't watch the match because I focused on another WTA match, but it's only because i trusted paire would win.

Bemelmans R. - Gasquet R. Pinnacle

Bemelmans is solid, indoor. His serve is reliable and his movement is quite good, but often goes missing mysteriously. Against an excellent returner like Gasquet he will be struggling BIG TIME. Score prediction: Gasquet will win 63 62 63. Update: won. Final scores: Gasquet won 63 64 64. Bemelmans was outplayed alright. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Back Florian Mayer to beat Philipp Petzschner for a 3/10 stake at 1.80 with Pinnacle It is risky to against slider24 these days, but I think that this is a good match-up for Mayer. In my opinion, he will be the one mixing things up against Petzschner, who is a bit one-dimensional in my opinion and I am not convinced by Petzschner just yet. He can be great on a good day, but he relies on his serve too much for my liking and Mayer should be able to frustrate him with his shots imo. We will see how it goes and there will be a winner in this thread at least ;). For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/mayer-vs-petzschner-betting--florian-mayer-can-defeat-his-compatriot-once-again
Go for it mate. I've just got an almost irrational dislike of Mayer :lol

Re: Wimbledon 2012 I'll do my bets tomorrow morning once I've let the odds settle down again and can properly have a look at the matches. I am having one now as I can't ignore these odds and I'm very much siding with slider. Jerzy Janowicz to beat Ernests Gulbis- 15/8 Stan James- (4/10) Price is a fair bit higher here than most places have it but no way can I be trusting Gulbis these days, even off the back of that stunning win over Berdych. Gulbis played some outstanding stuff in that match but his consistency is terrible, whilst his professionalism has never been anywhere near the level it should be. He may have beaten the Czech, but his results speak for themselves with losses to Bolelli and Kukushkin in recent weeks and defeats to the likes of Bubka, Greul and a Hungarian kid as well this season which sum Gulbis up. Slider has pointed out a crucial point as well in that he won't be playing on a show court tomorrow and he'll be expected to win which really don't suit Gulbis as he tends to play his best stuff against the top players on the big stage so no doubt he'll see this as a massive step down so his concentration could well be absent. Janowicz served extremely well against Bolelli, facing just the one break point in the entire match which could have been down to nerves early doors but from the second set on he was impressive and the win should give him confidence. He beat Gulbis fairly recently in fact over in Rome on clay so that will also give him confidence going into this one and he will know if he serves well and stays close to Gulbis for a while, the Latvian is more than likely going to go missing which should give the Pole chances and I'm happy to back him here to make the most of a vintage Gulbis hangover.

Good stuff here again. Atko nailed a few good ones it seems and Fishy recovered nicely. Taking a few more bets than usual tomorrow as there's few I can't resist and win or lose I won't regret them. Juan Monaco to beat Jeremy Chardy @ 4/5 BET 365 Strength (7/10) Monaco not a natural grass courter but he's shown alot of improvement this season on all surfaces and I don't see any reason why he can't make good go of it on grass. He was clutch in the first round against Mayer (who can play on the faster surfaces) and with that win behind him he should be full of confidence after losing a few close 1st rounds at Wimbledon over the years ; a bit of monkey off his back. The Frenchman Chardy is dangerous and has a decent game for grass. Hard to read too much into his match against Volandri as the Italian probably just came for the pay check however he's obviously hitting the ball pretty well. The thing is with Chardy is consistency and he's known to get ragged and frustrated if he faces resistance and Monaco is one of the best on the tour for just making you play that extra ball. I think he'll frustrate Chardy, weather the shot-making, and grind him down in four or five sets. Jerzy Janowicz to beat Ernests Gulbis @ 6/4 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Simply put, I don't just don't trust Gulbis to back up his great performance against Berdych with another victory in a match he's expected to win. He won't be playing on centre court and he won't having nothing to lose and this is usually a scenario which brings out the clown in Gulbis. He's also facing a beast on the other side of the net who's already beaten him this year and will just love having the chance to pop his balloon and get under his skin in this sort of occasion. He's made it past the first round for the first time in a Grand Slam and I think he'll just go in without a care in the world and unleash his power game. If Gulbis repeats his serving stats from the Berdych match then it will be tough ask for the Pole but I think his demons will kick in around the second set and I think Janowicz will be ready to strike. His serving was great against Bolelli as well and after the first game he didn't face a break point for the entire match so he can hang with Gulbis in that department even if the Latvian brings his best. Philipp Petzschner to beat Florian Mayer @ 11/10 BET 365 Strength (5/10) Mayer leads the head to head 3-0 however I cannot hide my disdain for his inability to show his talent consistently and his penchant for bowing out of Grand Slams early - and tamely - and so I will gladly go against him here against his countryman. Grass also happens to be Petzschner's favourite surface and he plays at a high level here more often than not. Mayer will most likely start fast and solid as usual however put up any resistance in a best of five against this guy, mix up your game a bit, and more often than not he crumbles. Tursunov was tailor made for Mayer to use his craft and he romped home when he realised the Russian had nothing to hurt him with but Petzschner can slice as well as hit clean from the baseline and I think he'll work Mayer to the brink and Florian will fold. :hope
Can anyone see any of these three matches finishing in straight sets? I think it's very unlikely. Going with a treble all to go over 3,5 sets which pays almost 3 at 365 Good job all, as usual. Appreciated!

Very decent day yesterday. Waiting on Kubot to hopefully cover the line. Appeared a profitable day for the whole thread so congrats to all who did the business. I've decided to give myself 10pts a day to play with. As there's little domestic football going on, it's ten bets for Wimbledon today. Here goes ... - Florian Mayer -2 games AH v Philipp Petzschner (Round 2) @ 1.92 with panbet 1pt I've seen a few tips for Petzschner here but I'm going with Mayer in this all German clash. Mayer was very impressive against Tursunov in R1. Good straight-sets victory and reports say that he was using his slice forehand very effectively, which is a good tactic on grass. He leads the H2H 3-0 over his compatriot, which suggests Petzschner has issues with Mayer's game. Saw bits and pieces of Petzschner in Halle and wasn't overly impressed despite him making the final. Would have had Mayer's handicap a lot bigger so content to strike. - Juan Monaco -2 games AH v Jeremy Chardy (Round 2) @ 1.909 with panbet 1pt Feel bookies are overestimating Chardy in this tie. The Frenchman walloped an injured Volandri in R1 but this is a much, much tougher assignment. Neither man is a grass specialist but Monaco is more than capable on the surface. Big thing here is that he beat Leonardo Mayer in R1, who plays a very similar brand of tennis to Chardy. Big serve, big forehand. Monaco managed to deal with that well enough and I reckon he can do the same here. Better player off the deck IMO, and capable of moving Chardy around and drawing errors. H2H is 3-1 to Monaco, one of those wins coming this year on clay. Line is too low again for me. - Ernests Gulbis -2 games AH v Jerzy Janowicz (Round 2) @ 1.98 with panbet 1pt Everyone is steaming into Janowicz and that's opened up the Gulbis line. You can make a case for the Pole but I'm going to trust Gulbis to kick on and get a win here. I thought he was very, very impressive against Berdych. Yes, he stepped it up because he was against a higher ranked player, but the draw now opens up a bit and I expect a more focused Latvian. Janowicz is on a decent run, going through qualies and then beating Bolelli, but take away his serve and he's fairly average. Gulbis served extremely well against Berdych and has the better groundies of the two. Janowicz did beat him in Rome on clay a few months ago but after a morale-boosting win, I fancy Gulbis to get the job done here. Handicap is very low again. - Roger Federer -9 games AH v Fabio Fognini (Round 2) @ 1.86 with 188bet 1pt Could be quite an entertaining match this, because Fognini is a showman, but I reckon Federer, back on centre court, will want to put on a show of his own and win easily. He munched Fognini 6/1, 6/1 when they met previously and I don't think the Italian has the weapons to hurt his opponent on grass. He plays with craft and angles but Federer is one of the best at reading that type of game and turning defence into attack off a slow ball. I also worry about Fognini's serve, which is weak and can be punished. There's a chance he'll raise his game on centre court, but I've seen him lose the plot enough times to tell me that Federer ought to do this cosily enough. - Martin Klizan +7 games AH v Viktor Troicki (Round 2) @ 1.81 with 188bet 1pt Bit too big, this plus. Troicki ought to win but he's had a really poor year. His win over Granollers was a total slugfest and it proves to me that he's not great at getting the job done. One of the worst players on tour for suffering from jitters. Klizan had a beast of a match with Chela in R1 - but he came through it. Nice lefty players who is one the biggest improvers on the tour this year. Not sure he's wholly comfortable on grass but once in rallies I can see him sparring and getting some joy out of Troicki. Put simply, I can see him taking a set, and the +7 line appears a tad high for me to ignore. - Julien Benneteau -6 games AH v Michael Russell (Round 2) @ 1.90 with 188bet 1pt Benneteau was really impressive against Muller. Served well, volleyed well and was solid throughout. This is a very winnable R2 match against a man past his best. He got a bit of a gimme in R1 against Menendez-Maceiras but the Frenchman will really test him. Russell's in the shadows of his best at the moment and I suspect he'll be glad with a R2 appearance. H2H is 2-0 for Benneteau - all matches in straights - and his grass court game should have too much for Russell again. - Nicolas Almagro -5.5 games v Guillaume Rufin (Round 2) @ 1.90 with panbet 1pt Almagro came through an epic with Rochus but it's worth noting that was his first match on grass. Almagro normally has a toughie in R1 and then kicks on from there. Massive serve - he hit near 50 aces against Rochus - and big strokes make him tough to break down. He did well last year here, beating Isner, and he's not as bad on grass as some make out. Rufin himself had an epic with Darcis but this is a much tougher assignment. He's a big server too but lacks a little off the deck for me. Almagro should push on now and considering the quality gap, this appears a nice line to me. - Gilles Simon to beat Xavier Malisse (Round 2) @ 1.80 with panbet 1pt Could be a fine match to watch, this. Expecting it to be close but also expect Simon to have enough to beat a man he leads 2-0 on the H2H. Simon will look to absorb all Malisse can throw at him and that tactic has worked in the past. Malisse can be really combustable and Simon's the sort of player that can frustrate the hell out of players. Would have had his odds a little lower so will strike on this. - Radek Stepanek -4.5 games v Benjamin Becker (Round 2) @ 1.90 with panbet 1pt Becker's still not back to his best after elbow surgery and this line, therefore, is a bit too small on Stepanek. The Czech won their only meeting on a hard court last year in straights and has the game to nullify Becker. His chip-and-charge style doesn't allow Becker to get into rallies and unleash his big forehand, which is his main weapon. Becker was a little rusty against Blake - the American served for the second set - and up a level against Stepanek, I'm not sure he'll be able to compete and push Stepanek close. Thought the line would be higher so once again, content to have a pop. - Novak Djokovic - 8.5 games v Ryan Harrison (Round 2) @ 1.86 with panbet 1pt Djokovic looked pretty impressive against Ferrero in R1 and I expect him to carry that form into today's clash. Harrison has plenty of potential but is still raw and struggles a little with the best players. Djokovic beat him 6/3, 6/2 in their only meeting and has the defence to absorb Harrison's power. I can see him drawing errors from the American on his first sojourn on to centre court. Happy to back the Serb to do this cosily enough too. :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Not the biggest fan of today's card as there looks to be some potential banana skins to me. Taking just the additional 3 to Janowicz who I took last night. Roger Federer vs Fabio Fognini- Under 28.5 games- 4/5 Stan James- (4/10) Would expect Roger to get this one done pretty comfortably without too many problems. He's back on centre court court for this one which he loves and I'm sure he'll want to mark his return with a solid performance and this one could be quite good to watch as Fognini's matches usually are but I don't honestly see him hurting Federer. His game is extremely effective on the clay where he can move about and craftily move the ball, but on a quicker surface against one of the greats I fear for him. Federer has already beaten the Fog 6-1 6-1 in the past and after dismantling Ramos in the first round, I expect him to maybe not win by such a great margin, but win comfortably nonetheless. Ruben Bemelmans (+7.5 games) to beat Richard Gasquet- 4/5 Stan James- (3/10) Think the handicap is a little high here and Gasquet is being overrated due to that win over Kamke in the first round. The scoreline, despite Kamke being pretty poor flatters the Frenchman though as Kamke had chances to break and go ahead in the first set, whilst he had other chances as well but he failed to take them and he sort of just lost his focus from there really. Gasquet just had to remain solid and wait for the errors really but I do expect Bemelmans to prove a stiffer test than the German. The Belgian is clearly playing well, coming through qualification and then beating Berlocq in a tight match and he should have enough about him to keep this one close and even pinch a set. His serve is extremely effective on the grass and has troubled the likes of Berdych and Kohlschreiber in the past on grass which shows what he can do. Gasquet is still too inconsistent despite the scoreline against Kamke and even in 3 tight sets Bemelmans can cover the handicap, but he might take a set off the Frenchman which will also do the job. Regardless of how many sets we see, I think he'll keep it tight enough here. Igor Andreev vs Denis Istomin- Over 37.5 games- 5/6 Stan James- (3/10) I expect a pretty tight affair between these two. Andreev was extremely poor in the first round against Golding in the first set but as the match went on he did raise his game without impressing me too much. Golding as always let his attitude get on top of him as well which helped Andreev but I can't see the Russian playing as bad as he did in that match. Istomin came through a marathon against Seppi after being a set down on a couple of occasions so that will have pleased him but he may well have to play another lengthy match in this one IMO. Neither guy is the most reliable to keep up their level for 3 sets straight and I'd expect a few shifts in momentum as we go through the match. Andreev still isn't at the level he was a couple of years ago so I'd expect Istomin to come out on top in the end, but he's not consistent enough for my liking to see the Russian off comfortably. They met earlier this year on clay where Andreev came out on top, but that match went the distance and to 3 sets, including a tie break being played as well and I expect a similarly close match again today.