** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Wimbledon 2012

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Wimbledon I'll introduce the 3rd slam of the season properly then with the draw being made today. Some real gems in the first round but some absolute pony matches as well by the looks of it :lol The links for the 2 draws are here: http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/draws/ms/index.html http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/scores/draws/ws/index.html Horrid draw for Murray by the looks of things as far as a British perspective goes, but he sometimes needs that tough route if he is to play his best stuff, but not holding out much hope. GL to everyone who gets involved over the next couple of weeks and let's hope for a profitable slam for all of us :ok

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Wimbledon R1 - Paire to beat Ebden @ 8/11 (Coral:4pts) Think Paire is worthy fave here. Edben is a solid player but form hasnt been too great since his good run at Indian Wells a few months back, got scalped by Darcis last week in Eastbourne after winning some qualies that he should be winning. Paire is very flaky but I think he has more weapons in this match and can take it down, decent week in Holland this week beating Ito, Kubot and Goffin before taking Ferrer to 3 sets in the semi's not a bad result even though grass is far from Ferrer's best surface. Paire for me in this match-up.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Bernard Tomic 270 Betfair Obviously a long shot but I think Tomic could give a really good ride given his draw. His Round of 32 opponent projects to be Mardy Fish, which as far as seeds go isn't anything to really complain about (particularly compared to all the seeds in Murray's quarter). His Round of 16 opponent, should he get that far, is projected to be Tsonga, but the Frenchman has a finger injury and former champ Hewitt in the 1st round, so if he isn't fully fit he's got an opponent who could definitely punish him. Of course, Nadal is projected in the quarters, and that will be a mammoth task. But the other quarter in the bottom side of the draw is very stacked - Murray, Del Potro, Raonic, Karlovic, Ferrer, Cilic and Roddick. Whoever does advance from that quarter could well be very tired, and that's definitely to the benefit of whoever wins the 4th quarter. Again, Nadal would be a herculean task to beat in all of that, but given how well Tomic played in Wimbledon last year, I like this bet a lot. He's the type of player whose best is still in front of him, and he's come a long way since that strong showing last year. Given the draw his odds are just too attractive.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Andujar to beat Ward - 7/4 - Bet365 Very surprised be these odds because while Ward's surface is probably grass and Andujar being clay, James Ward is well outside of the worlds top 100 and Andujar is no.36. Ward has never been past the 1st round of a slam while Andujar has reached the 2nd round on a few occasions and once at Wimbledon. It's still a bit of a risk but I think the ranking gap and odds make this a worthwhile punt.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Hi all, New to the forum but not new to tennis betting. I'm BETDAQ's tennis columnist/tipster and you can fine me on twitter (with the same username as here) Looking forward to start of play on Monday. In the process of writing my column for the coming fortnight. Djokovic likely to be my main bet with a few outsiders too Roll on next week! Chris

Re: Wimbledon 2012 David Ferrer to win Wimbledon Mens 3rd Quarter Final Skybet@13 (2/10) Ok.Bit risky seeing this is a very tough section of the draw which includes Murray, Del Potro,Raonic,Roddick,Cilic etc but saying all that getting 13's on Ferrer to win a Quarter Final section I cant ignore.Imo out of this section he is the player in the best form.Had a very good French Open beating Paire,Youzhhny,Murray before being beat in Semi-Final by Nadal.Today,just took down the ATP Hertogenbosch(grass) & destoyed everyone along the way. No real big names he beat but how he destoyed them all in mosting 2 easy sets,shows the man is in form. Not convinced with Murray at the moment who is favourite in this section.Getting great odds here for Ferrer to continue his winning ways 2PTs win :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Jerzy Janowicz to beat Simone Bolelli @ 11/10 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Thought long and hard about this one, and despite being tempted to go with the overs I've decided to plump with the outright for the young Pole Janowicz. At 21 years old he's really starting to blossom and he has a very big game. Standing at 6"8 he has a great serve (although more placement than aces) and is also pretty mobile for his size and possesses a murderous forehand. He's won a challenger on clay and reached the latter stages of several others and in the qualifying for this tournament he absolutely mullered the talented American Kudla 6-0 6-1 -6-2, showing that when his game is on he can be nigh on unplayable at times. He did lose to Beck in Nottingham but I think he was still acclimatising from the clay and now he's got used to the grass he should really kick on and maintain his form from the clay events. One thing that could let him down is stage fright, with it being his first main draw slam but he's playing a guy in Bolelli who IMO plays his best against the more established players and somewhat struggles and is vulnerable to the lesser lights. Last year he beat Wawrinka as a lucky loser after being beaten by a player in qualifying of similar standing to Janowicz and playing style ; Kenny De Schepper. So he can struggle as a favourite. He's also liable to throw in poor performances these days and has slipped 100 places in ranking since 2009. Could be a close arduous affair at times but I fancy Janowicz to overpower him when all is said and done. :hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back Novak Djokovic to win Wimbledon 2012 for a 4/10 stake at 2.74 with Pinnacle Back Milos Raonic to win Wimbledon 2012 for a 1/10 stake at 36.00 with Pinnacle Can't see past Djokovic here to be honest (unless he is carrying an injury that I do not know about). He is well above the rest of the field with the exception of Nadal and he does have a decent edge over the Spaniard on grass in my opinion. Mentally tough as well and that French Open campaign should give him plenty of confidence ahead of this one. Raonic is my underdog pick, since his game is ideal for this surface and I would say that he is bound to have a good run in Wimbledon sooner or later. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wimbledon-2012-betting--novak-djokovic-can-capture-the-prestigious-trophy-once-again Back The Field (vs. Big 3) to win Wimbledon 2012 for a 4/10 stake at 2.65 with Pinnacle I am not really sure what this price is all about. More than happy to go against Sharapova, Kvitova and Serena here. I simply cannot see Williams or Kvitova doing well this year with so many question marks surrounding both of them, so this bet does look like value to me. Sharapova deserves to be a decent favourite here, but she will be under tremendous pressure after the French Open and you just never know what is going to happen in such situations. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/wimbledon-2012-betting--the-women-s-part-of-the-draw-might-have-a-surprising-winner--

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo to beat Mardy Fish for a 1/10 stake at 8.50 with Bet-at-home I have not gone completely mad yet, don't worry. I just feel that a one point stake at a one-ball bookie is in order here. Yes, I know that the Spaniard has never won a match on grass. However, Mardy Fish is coming back from a two months break and you would never want to back someone in such situations at prices like 1.11. The American had some heart problems and a small surgery was needed to get everything in order, so he could not even train for quite some time and you just never know - he might be here to just test his current capabilities a little bit. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/ramirez-hidalgo-vs-fish-betting--there-are-no-guarantees-when-it-comes-to-mardy-fish-these-days

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Come on guys, what's the reason for such a silence a day before Wimbledon start? I have always problems with these 1 rounds of the Slams, as the offer is so rich and it's hard to resist from putting too many bets :) To begin with, I'll go for a small accumulator: Mahut to beat Lorenzi 1.15 Raonic to beat Giraldo 1.11 Stepanek to beat Stakhovsky 1.45 Kubot to beat Ito 1.36 AKO: 2,55 (Betsson) 3/10 As for first two matches, there is not much to say. Both Mahut and Raonic should destroy their opponents with services. Mahut is doing really well on grass, proving it also recently by beating Murray (I don't know what to think of this guy, seriously), he shouldn't have many problems with Lorenzi, who normally plays mostly on clay. Then, if Raonic is planning to make a good result in London this year, he can't struggle agains Giraldo, who can be a dangerous player, but rather on hard courts. I don't see many chances for break points for Giraldo :D Predict easy wins for both, as odds suggest. Not a big fan of Stepanek, but he proved to be in a decent form, reaching quater-final in Halle. His style suits grass courts well, which cannot be said about Stakhovsky. Most of the bookies offer lower odds, but in Betsson we can still get 1.45, which satisfies me. My lates choice is Kubot, who feels really good on grass. He was one ball from the quater-final last year and should go through the first round easily. Ito beat Melzer few days ago, but we all know that German is more than capable of providing strange results. I rate Kubot one level above Ito on this surface and predict Pole's win. Any opinions on these will be appreciated ;) I quite fancy many more bets, such as Russell, Paire, Bemelmans, Tomic etc. What do you think about Wawrinka to beat Melzer and F.Mayer to beat Tursunov? Really looking forward to reading more previevs, especially from Atko, Fishy, Gooner, Slider, Czech and the others. Let's hope for a profitable tournament:hope

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Right let's kick things off then ahead of tomorrow. Not taking any outrights as the prices aren't quite what I want. However I was tempted by backing Tsonga on the men's side of things. Just feel he has a serious chance should his finger be okay. That match against Djokovic in Paris, although disappointing, shows he can beat anyone on his day and being in Nadal's half could see him beat the Spaniard there but I'd want bigger odds tbh. With regards to the women, I can't see past the top 2 in all honesty. Sharapova and probably my pick Williams just look a class above anyone right now. Williams doesn't even need to move on this surface when she plays as her power is too much for anyone. Perhaps Azarenka has a chance but I'm not totally convinced about her fitness atm so that puts me off. Just interested to see how Murray goes in all honesty. I'm not so sure he'll actually have to play Raonic as the Canadian will probably have to beat Cilic who has an outstanding record against the big servers so that'll be interesting. Hope Cilic has a good tournament, really like the Croatian. Onto day 1 then and it doesn't look a particularly easy card to call. I have taken a few so far, and possibly a few more later on once the prices come out but I'm going to start fairly cautious like I did for the French. Here's my first couple for the best slam of the year then... Gilles Muller to beat Julien Benneteau- 11/10 Ladbrokes- (3/10) Surprised to see Muller at odds against here given the way Benneteau has played on grass this season. I really wasn't impressed with his tennis over at Queen's, nor in Eastbourne. He won just the one match, narrowly beating Ito which is certainly nothing to shout about and he was under far too much pressure on serve against Querrey for my liking a couple of weeks back. That spells trouble to me here because of what he will come up against. Muller as we know will serve well and get plenty of cheap points and games. Whilst he won't be as good as the Frenchman during the rallies, he's far more inclined to throw in a poor service game IMO as Muller will know the importance of serving well and consistently. He's got the third round points to defend from last year as well which should motivate him for tomorrow and he'll be looking to repeat his performances against Falla and Giraldo which are decent scalps in truth. Benneteau beat Muller earlier on in the year but that was when the latter struggled for wins early doors this season. He's beaten Benneteau on grass before though which could give him an edge going into one and I think if he serves well throughout, he'll win this one. Tobias Kamke (+7.5 games) to beat Richard Gasquet- Evens Bet365- (3/10) ​I know Kamke was beaten handsomely by Mathieu in Eastbourne qualification but Gasquet was beaten by Matosevic in the same event which is barely any better so there's no point looking into those matches too much. To me, this handicap looks a game or so too high as Kamke is more than at home on the quicker surfaces, especially the grass. He produces some decent ground strokes, whilst his serve is pretty decent for the grass surface and he should be able to get a fair few cheap points out of Gasquet. Last year on the grass, he kept things close with Isner and Raonic, whilst he was by no means blown off the court by Murray either which shows he can hold his own the German. Gasquet is still far too inconsistent for my liking and goes missing too often in matches to warrant this kind of handicap. Losing those couple of tie breaks to Matosevic is really poor in truth and is far from a good preparation coming into a slam and defeats to the likes of Istomin and Ramos this season show just how inconsistent he is. Kamke is extremely comfortable on the grass and he could well trouble Gasquet for prolonged periods in this one and I wouldn't actually rule out him grabbing a set here. Gasquet narrowly beat him in their previous meeting 6-4 7-5, and with a decent showing at the French Open against Federer, I think Kamke has even about him to keep this one close.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Agree with taking Kamke on handicap, it may be too high especially on grass. Would do you think Fishy about Russell to beat Menedez-Maceiras @1.44 ? He's not getting younger, not too high to threaten by a serve, but Maceiras hasn't won a match on grass (apart from this year's qualification, but beating Hernych, Sousa and Navarro doesn't impress me at all). In fact, it will be his first match in ATP! I suppose Russell should have too much experience for him, although not being great on grass as well. I'd highly appreciate any opinion. Cheers :)

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Erm yeah I think Russell will win in the end, but I'm more interested in the overs in that to be honest. He beat Russell earlier on in the year in a really tight match (couple of breakers) and Russell's form is certainly nothing to shout about either. Wouldn't expect the highest quality match between the two but I'm leaning more towards the overs. Not sure Russell should be given this much of a favourite status though. Think he should be around the 1.60 price, 1.44 looks a little short IMO.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Novak Djokovic to win Wimbledon 2012 @2.85 Betsson The price has already dropped to 2.60, but took this bet few days ago, catching 2.85, which I consider just enough to take. I think there are again only few players capable of winning this Slam: Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and maybe Tsonga. Yeah, I remember about Murray, but I will be really surprised if he gets a Slam in a nearest future. Unless some unreasonable accident happens, Novak should reach semi-final, where he'll meet one of the players mentioned above, most probably Federer. I love Roger's style, he is a great champion, winning Wimbledon 6 times, but I wonder if he can beat Novak now. As for Nadal, he can be an absolute king of Paris, but has less weapons on grass than Serb, including a power of serve. Of course, Rafa is always a big threat, but I'd favour Novak in this match. What's interesting, I consider Tsonga more dangerous opponent for Djokovic. His powerful serve, aggressive forehand and a kind of craziness could cause Novak more problems than Nadal's top spins. Someone can say 2.85 is not that much for outright bet, but Djoko is a real mental beast. He would be extra motivated to get back on the throne after losing French Open and I can really see him defending a title.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Some more for me then. Still considering a few others but this may be it for me for tomorrow but we'll see. Alejandro Falla (+7.5 games) to beat John Isner- 10/11 Stan James- (6/10) I know I said it's better to be cautious in the first few days but this line is absolutely ridiculous and it seems it's literally just been plucked out of mid air. When you consider most firms have this line at (5.5) and at a skinnier price to the one being offered here, you can see just how out of place this line looks. What it's basically suggesting is that Isner will win 3 sets to love, and in one of those sets, he'll secure a double break and for anyone that has even seen Isner, that is a big ask for a big American. He'll be extremely comfortable on serve as we know, but return wise, he won't offer a great deal and you'd expect at least one, if not a couple tie breaks somewhere in this match. Away from Isner, Falla usually raises his game for the big occasions and the slams and there's no reason why he can't cover this massive handicap fairly comfortably. I know he was hammered by Muller over in Holland and his form is far from good, but it was barely any better heading into the French last month and he managed to take Giraldo to 4 sets which was a good showing. Over the past 12 months, the Colombian has beaten the likes of Fish and Troicki in the slams and we know what Falla has the potential to do on grass with that Federer match a couple of years back so I'll back him with the handicap here. Mikhail Youzhny vs Donald Young- Under 29.5 games- 10/11 Stan James- (3/10) Not the biggest fan of backing the unders in the early rounds but prefer it to the handicap for this one as I don't see Young winning a set here. He looks completely lost on a tennis court this season with absolutely no confidence and he has found it extremely hard going in attempting to repeat his superb performances from last season. The unhappy reality for the American though is that he's won just the two matches this season and won just 5 games against Jamie Baker over in Eastbourne last week which says it all really. Youzhny has been pretty consistent all season and should be high on confidence after reaching the semis in Halle. Plenty of ranking points for him to defend over the next couple of weeks and I really can't imagine he'll want to spend too much time on court here if he can help it. Young hasn't ever won a match at Wimbledon, and has failed to be competitive for quite a while now and I think this will be relatively straight forward for the Youzhny tomorrow. Carlos Berlocq vs Ruben Bemelmans- Over 38.5 games- 5/6 Stan James- (3/10) Quite strange to see a guy ranked almost 100 places lower than his opponent as favourite but that's what we've got here and I anticipate a fairly lengthy match between these 2. Bemelmans qualified pretty comfortably in truth and will be full on confidence after making the second round at Queen's and the Belgian is a handy player on the quicker surfaces. Pretty decent all round and will work the angles with his lefty serve and realistically he will know this is his best ever chance to make the second round of a slam. He showed just what he is capable of doing last year though on the grass courts, almost beating Berdych in Halle and then came back from 2 sets down against Benneteau 12 months ago only to lose in the third so he can clearly play on the quicker surfaces. Berlocq hasn't got the best record on grass but he's certainly no stranger to some lengthy matches like so many clay court players. In the grand slams especially his matches usually last a fair while and all 3 of his slam matches this season have gone to 4 sets and even last year at Wimbledon he lost in 5 sets to Karol Beck which suggests his matches are never particularly straight forward and if we see 4 sets in this we which I expect we will at the very least, this line should be covered. Adrian Menendez-Maceiras vs Michael Russell- Over 37.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (2.5/10) Both guys have come through qualification here in London but both had their scares along the way. Menendez-Maceiras produced a really good win over Jan Hernych which would have given him plenty of confidence and he upset a couple of other players as well in qualification so he's clearly playing some decent stuff and is enjoying his time in SW19. Michael Russell has been around for years now and is perhaps nearing the end of his career which included a 4th round appearance in the French Open. He's never had too much success in London, with his best performance coming in 2010 where he made the second round but there's not much else in all honesty. The American beat Sugita in 5 sets in his final qualifying match which would have pleased him and is probably the better player on paper, certainly he has more experience on the bigger stages than his opponent, but I don't see a great deal between the two players. The Spaniard will be delighted that he has qualified and will desperately want to make the most of it whilst this could well be Russell's final appearance in the proper draw at Wimbledon. Both guys should really be up for it which should lead to a pretty close match in my eyes. The two met at the start of the year in the quarters of a challenger event, where the Spaniard won a couple of tie breaks which would suggest that this match should be a close one as well so I'll back the overs in this one as well.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Have another 3 myself, Fishy has one covered. Bolelli vs Janowicz TIE BREAK IN THE MATCH @ 4/6 (Coral:3pts) Looks a close one to me, not sure about overs though as I can see someone folding if its not going their way. But can see some tight sets and a tie-break wouldnt shock me. Janowicz is a big hitter, bis serve, cruised through qualies, Bolelli talented but more experience at this level. Should be a good one. Falla +7.5 games vs Isner @ 10/11 (SJ:3pts) Concerned about Falla's recent matches, maybe some injury troubles, but still Isner usually not one I'd back to cover huge lines on a fast surface. Isner will have to play a really clean match and we know he'll serve big, but the man plays close matches alot with lazy return games. Big line.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Back S.Querrey/V.Pospisil - Over 36.5 games for a 5/10 stake at 1.80 with Paddy Power Strange line in my opinion. Both guys have powerful serves, but neither is outstanding when it comes to return and I can definitely see a couple of tie-breaks in this one. Querrey has finally found some form after that poor start to the season and something similar can be said about Pospisil as well. The Canadian is still rising and might be a bit inexperienced, but I cannot see him going down without a fight here. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/querrey-vs-pospisil-betting--a-long-and-tough-match-might-be-on-the-cards-for-two-big-hitters Back Albert Montanes (+2.5 sets) to beat Marcos Baghdatis for a 4/10 stake at 1.90 with Paddy Power Look, Marcos Baghdatis is in a horrible form and you cannot trust him to win three sets in a row against anyone at the moment - and Montanes is not just anyone. The Spaniard is quite solid on hard courts and he is coming into this match on the back of some wins as well. Nothing special, but he managed to win a set against Del Potro in Paris, so there is no reason to believe that he does not have what it takes to win a set here as well. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/montanes-vs-baghdatis-betting--albert-montanes-can-win-a-set-against-the-struggling-cypriot Back Carlos Berlocq to beat Ruben Bemelmans for a 3/10 stake at 2.77 with Pinnacle Bemelmans is clearly overrated here. He is obviously much better than Berlocq when it comes to grass, but I am not sure that his winning record says that much, as he is not playing against quality players very often. Berlocq would be priced around 1.20 against Bemelmans on clay and I am not sure that the change of surfaces makes him a 2.77 underdog. For the full preview click here: http://www.punterslounge.com/berlocq-vs-bemelmans-betting--carlos-berlocq-is-not-going-to-go-down-without-a-fight-in-the-first-round

Re: Wimbledon 2012 4/10 Verdasco tb. Wang x Isner tb. Falla x Andreev tb. Golding @ 1.71 5Dimes See enough value in this treble here. For Verdaco this will be the first match after a injury and Wang had some good qualies here last week. But i think Verdasco had more quality to beat Wang here. Isner tb. Falla, their is only one way in that match. See Isner to win that match everytime. Andreev will be facing the number 485th of the World Tour Ranking who had a bad perfomance the last weeks on grass, i think this can be a easy win for the Russian.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 If you bet on Igor Andreev you sould mention that he is still injured. He has some serious problems with his shoulder and will not be fit tomorrow. He cancelled the tournaments in Halle and Rosmalen because of this. And did you see Golding in the last weeks? He won a set against Lukas Lacko, he could defeat Daniel Brands in Eastbourne and Juan Monaco at the Boodles, so what is the correct definiton of a "bad perfomance"? Would be great if you can explain that. This match is a nobrainer with a clear tendency to the british youngster who has a big chance to reach the second round of his home slam after receiving a Wild Card. btw: Jimmy Wang is a great grass court player, maybe you don't know him but he is a Top 30 player in terms of quality. Very dangerous on this surface. I do not see Value in these odds and i am pretty sure that nobody can find value there.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Gasquet - Kamke Gasquet will be facing here a German that had not play so much games the last weeks. Kamke had in Halle a dramatic lost against Zhang and won in Eastbourne against a unknown Burton. Gasquet have playing one match on grass against Matosevic, after a very good first set 61 he will be losing the match 67 67. But the Frenchmen like to play on grass and i think this can be a comfortable win for him. Line here a little bit to high, bet 365 with a 30.5 line @ 1.83. 3/10 Under 32 games @ 1.87 Betsson

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Seppi - Istomin Seppi showing last week some good perfomance to reach the final in Eastbourne, where he lost against Roddick. Also he is a player in form, who can win this match. Istomin is beaten in all three meetings by Seppi. He playing good last week against Llodra on grass but all the way this is not a surface where he can beat Seppi. This can be a difficult match for the Frenchmen, but i think he can win this match at the most times. More than odds are showing. 3/10 Seppi ML @ 1.58 Pinnacle

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Oliver Golding tb. Igor Andreev @ 3.55 5dimes 4x Igor Andreev has some serious problems with his shoulder, he had to retire at Madrid Masters, cancelled Rome Masters and retired also at Roland Garros four weeks ago. He wanted to give his comeback at the Gerry Weber Open in Germany but he was not fully recovered so he withdrew, also from the tournament in 's-Hertogenbosch last week. He had no match practice on the grass and i am not convinced about the fact that he overcome these problems. A shoulder issue is maybe the worst scenario for Andreev because his game is based on his powerful serve and his magic forehand. On the other side we have a british youngster, a local hero from London, who showed some decent stuff in the last weeks. He won a set against Luckas Lacko, defeated a guy like Daniel Brands and also Juan Monaco at the Boodles last Friday. This guy is talentend as hell, maybe some problems with his nerves but Andreev is not even better. Odds are dropping and they will drop because there is a possible retirement of Andreev today.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Nalbandian - Tipsarevic Odds are to high here for the number 8 of the world. Playing great in the clay season and will be playing not to much matches on clay, but he like to play here. Nalbandian plays great on Queens with the story in the final against Cilic. But i think it will be a hard match for him to win. Maybe he can take 1 set, but i don't see him win here. 3/10 Tipsarevic ML @ 1.70 Pinnacle

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Starace to beat Sweeting @4.00 at bet365. 6/10 I really don't get this odd here. Starace may be a clay courter having just one win on grass but i'm not impressed at all by Sweeting. He's going to be 25 next month and still plays mostly on challenger events in the US. Another case of great juniors player who fails to deliver in seniors. For me Starace is hugely underpriced here, maybe there's something missing from my book but i really don't get these odds. The italian is the more experienced and established guy, his serve is decent and has an overall good game, in an inspired day for him he can really put some problems. Another interesting betting option here is Starace to win more than one set @2,65 at Gamebookers David Goffin to beat Bernard Tomic @3,5 at bet365. 3/10 It's a well known fact that Bernard Tomic is one of the ****tiest characters on the tour. Given the amount of ****s he generally gives when playing the fact that he has some points to defend here doesn't impress me too much. Actually when losing you can never know if it is a matter of playing bad or just not caring if he loses. Goffin on the other hand seems to be a player who wants to be up there, he is really agressive and generally seems determined. This might seem more of a fantasy really but i just can't abstain on betting on shmucks like Tomic when there is a fairly decent chance of him cocking up. Always profitable on the long run.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 PS does anyone know if Malek Jaziri is injured? Saw he retired from his last game. Again odds seem to be unrealistic here, to price chubster Zopp at 1,2 here seems rather laughable if Jaziri isn't injured or something, the match should be much more close than that. I'm not so sure what to think about Jaziri, i get the impression he's a sour loser retiring in an impressing amount of matches always when on the losing end. Remember one match last year when he was playing Benneteau at some indoor tournament in France, was 4-5 down in the first set, broke back when Julien was serving for the set and eventually won it. Lost the second set though and after being broken in the third retired claiming he was injured. Not the only example.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Josh Goodall+5.5 (game handicap) tb. Grega Zemlja @ 1.855 Pinnaclesports 3x Expect a tough affair here, both players received a Wild Card into the tournament, Goodall because of his solid perfomances on the Future curcuit and Zemlja because of claiming the title at Nottingham-2 Challenger. Do not trust Goodall at all here so i took the game handicap because Zemlja should be far more consistent at a Best of Five but i think the Brit should win at least one set here. He is a very talented player although he had no big breakthrough in the past, he has always a decent run on the grass. He lost a tight match against Ebden in the third set tiebreaker one week ago, he showed some nice shots there and was solid on his serve. I don't see many service breaks here and so this line should be covered by Goodall if he can continue in that way he looked in the last weeks.

Re: Wimbledon 2012 Fognini +4.5 games vs Llodra @ 4/5 (SJames:3pts) Might seem crazy opposing a player who prefers faster surfaces but I dont like Llodra here at all and his form this year stinks really bar the odd week indoors. Dont like what I've seen of him in the singles and he looks on the slide to me as a player, think he's worth opposing until he shows some form as he's failed to show for me in the few times I have backed him this year. Fognini more of a dirtballer but I fancy him to be competitive in this type of match-up, he won a couple of matches on grass last week against Ramos and Tomic, nothing special but wins nonetheless, and he did reach 3rd rd at Wimby 2 years ago beating Verdasco, I had Fognini on a plus that day, you never know what you'll get with him but I sense Llodra will have to put in a significantly improved performance of what we've seen in recent months to bust the line, I'm willing to bet to see if he can do it.