** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UFC on FX 8 June

McCall v Johnson This is a rematch from when the two fought to a controversial draw in their semi final for the flyweight title. This was a fight I thought McCall won as the last was a definitive round for McCall as he lay on a gassed Johnsons back and pounded away to the delight of the Aussie fans. They are pretty even on the feet with Johnson maybe being a little quicker but make no mistake McCall isn’t far off in that department and I think this again will be fought at a frenetic pace. McCall will look to take it close where he is more effective in the clinch and achieved success with dirty boxing in the first fight. Also, in the first fight McCall seemed to be timing his takedowns better as the fight progressed but it was only the last one in which he was able to keep Johnson down, nevertheless they all score. In what will probably be another close fight I fancy McCall to improve on his UFC debut and have the confidence in thinking he won the first fight.

Re: UFC on FX 8 June Silva v Brenneman Silva is considered one of the brighter stars in the UFC with his 2 bouts lasting about a minute in total. Although his last fight is officially a loss, he demolished Prater only to be harshly DQd for an illegal strike. He has slick submissions and his 2 UFC fights show his strength when standing. Brenneman is a grinder with his best win coming when controlling and upsetting Rick Story for a decision win. Personally I feel this is Silvas fight to lose. His stand up is far superior to Brennemans who at times can even look uncomfortable on his feet. I feel Brennemans only way of winning this fight is to utilise his wrestling by trying to take down and work from top position trying to pull out a decision. But even against Story he was battling various submission attempts while trying push on the floor, Silva will not be as forgiving. Not sure how the victory will come but I think at Some point Silva will catch Brenneman and either KO him or sink in a choke for the finish.

Re: UFC on FX 8 June Forgot to stake up again. Simply cannot see how Silva can be beat. Brenneman hasnt the power and I figure Silva is too good on the ground for him to be effective. I make this a maximum bet. 100pts Silva bt Brenneman 4/7 various Also quite keen on McCall and fancy him to advance. 30pts McCall bt Johnson 5/4 Bet365 The way McCall finished on top in the third makes 20/1 appealing for a 3rd rd stoppage. 2pts McCall win in 3rd round 20/1 PPower