** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Open 7-10 June

kevshat

Re: UK Open 7-10 June Small profit in the match bets this afternoon but two of my outrights were sent packing which wiped that profit out. Hopefully for both mine and Kev's sakes Chisnall can win the thing tonight and beat Taylor in the final which he has a decent chance of doing if he keeps playing the way he is. Bit disappointed with Newton as if he beat Thornton earlier, it would have meant I would have a guaranteed finalist and 2 each way returns at the very minimum but missed doubles cost him badly. I'm taking 3 bets in the semis whilst rooting for Chisnall all the way in the meantime. Dave Chisnall (-3.5 legs) to beat Robert Thornton- Evens Bet365- (3/10) Chisnall Over 4.5 180's- 4/5 Blue Square- (3/10) Know I'm already on Chisnall outright and paid the price for backing one of my outrights earlier in Wes Newton, but I see no reason why Chisnall can't cover the handicap here. All throughout the tournament he has been superb, and has finally transferred his floor form onto the TV and big stage. His scoring has been extremely heavy, hitting 180's for fun, and although his doubles have been a bit patchy in parts, on the whole they've been pretty solid. I was impressed with Robert Thornton earlier and he hit some crucial doubles at crucial times which saw him make it through but it must be said that if Newton would have gone into that first break 4-1 up which he had chances to do, I'm not so sure if Thornton would have come back. Newton actually was a tad disappointing on the whole, and went missing for too many legs. Thornton scores well but Chisnall is an even heavier scoring and more consistent as well. Thornton has managed to beat some really good players this weekend in Webster, Anderson and Newton, but I think Chisnall will be one step too far and he'll be the first man to book his place in the final, scoring at least 5 180's in the process which is something he has done against both Whitlock and Barney earlier this afternoon. Phil Taylor vs Denis Ovens- Under 7.5 180's- 4/5 Bet365- (4/10) Think this line has been taken out of all proportions based on Ovens' earlier performance. He hit 4 180's in total earlier which is unusual as Denis isn't the most prolific maxiumum scorer and a bit like James Wade really, he hits a lot of straight tons and 140's, but he's not known for his heavy scores. The truth is this is a massive ask for him, and given the results he's had, he'll be delighted just to have made it into the semis for the third year running. Brendan Dolan and Paul Nicholson missed a heap load of match doubles to put him out, whilst Jamie Caven also missed a fair few this afternoon so Ovens is extremely lucky to still be in the tournament. Unless he ups his game considerably, it's hard to see him getting too much joy out of Taylor later on as the Power won't be missing those doubles, not on the big stage anyway. Taylor hit 5 maximums earlier on but I don't see Ovens giving him enough to think about for him to play any better. Taylor usually plays his best when players really push him and I don't think Ovens is playing well enough to do that right now. This could well be a hammering if Ovens isn't careful, but with the chance of that happening, and Ovens not being a prolific 180 scorer, I'll go with the unders here.

Re: UK Open 7-10 June Flipping hell has Robert Thornton cost me some money over this weekend. Coming back to beat Priestley, then Newton and now Chisnall has ruined a few of my bets. Good to see him playing well once again though. Didn't anticipate Chisnall playing that badly though and only hitting 1 maximum in the match :\ Not the best of tournaments though, which was a shame as the darts threads have been really profitable this year, with the 2 world Championships and then the PL. Chisnall gets an each way place at a decent price, but a final standing of -6.46pts for this weekend. Will look to make that up at the Matchplay next month.