** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules

Re: NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules 19.50 at Wolves - Art Form 50 points on Betfair win market at 4.5 and 50 points on the Betfair place market at 1.99. Basically, I cannot see why, on this surface the 2 ahead of this horse in the market are ahead of him. He is not outstanding but is the value at the prices I think. NGS

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules Another disappointment. 2.00 at Bath - Stunning View 45 points in the Betfair win market at 6.8 and 45 points on the Betfair place market at 2.22. Ran well last time and on soft, the extra distance and even softer ground here should suit and appears to be mildly progressive. The favourite seems a bit short. Also going for a big time trifecta with 2 of the other horses I thought were overpriced, 6 lines at 1 point a line on Stunning view, Humungosaur and Oldrik to finish 1, 2, 3 in any order - 6 point outlay on that. NGS NGS

Re: NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules Another disaster - Stunning view was well supported and went off at about 4.4. then traded at just over 2.0 in the run and faded badly. None of the other 2 in the trifecta ran any sort of race either. 14.30 Gold Show 50 points on Betfair win market at 6.2 and 50 points in the place market at 2.4. Today he faces 10f on soft/heavy. Having raced between 8 and 10 on various ground. I think the ground/distance combination may see him to best effect. Was beaten favourite LTO on Good to Firm at 8f - this ground and this trip should benefit him. NGS NGS

Re: NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules Again the horse went off at a significantly shorter price than I backed it and disappointed. This time going with 75 point win bet on Annaluna. Unexposed at the longer trip, raced well last time on firm and should be better suited to this firmer ground I think. If he is beaten I think it will be the favourite Authentication who beats his so going for tote exacta with those 2 horses in any order 2 lines at 10 points a line. NGS

Re: NGS's Disciplined Deep Form Study - Sticking to the rules Having started at 1000 and hit over 2000 my bank is now just 173.91. Disaster! I've had some bad luck but have also become far too lazy in my selections. I starting relying quite heavily on timeform ratings and race comments as an easy way to study the form rather than my previous methods including actually watching the past race back and initially I continued to do well. This meant I could study a race in 15 mins rather than 3 hours. However, things have seriously gone wrong and there was a sense in which I was just waiting for luck/law of averages to turn things around. So going back to the long hard ways of studying the form and seeing if I can pull it back. No short cuts to success and all that. NGS