Announcements
** November Poker League Result : 1st ian309, 2nd muttley, 3rd Burnley Joe **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MrJol, 2nd buga00, 3rd glavintoby, 4th Boulder5111, 5th bobsyerunkle **
** November Nap's Competition Result: 1st andellio, 2nd Saddlesore, 3rd bymatrix, 4th MrJol KO Cup: DonnyFlyer, Most Winners: Astleavista**

P.Lounge Poker Tournament III - tonight at 8

Been a while since anyone mentioned the next tournament. I know some wanted to try a midweek slot and Thursday was agreed as the quietest time. Do you want me to set one up for this Thursday at 8pm? I need to give them 48hrs notice so lets say Monday PM as the deadline to make a decision. Cheers BH

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Are we playing Thursday? Mr.Onemore, the form you have to submit actually states you cant set up a private table if less than 20 players are going to register, but we have since found out that as long as 10 turn up the tournament will go ahead otherwise its cancelled by them. There is no limit to the amount of players accepted, i wanted to get more than 20 so we had 3 tables going at the same time, but we havnt achieved that yet. Difficult to agree with everyones schedule, which is why we are trying it on a midweek slot this time. Hope you can make it, theres always room for one-more!!! (sorry, couldnt resist)

Re: Are we playing Thursday? Yep Darlo, it just folds you away when you are not there - the blinds are so small at the start this wont hurt you unless you are longer than 20mins late really. Bear in mind you have to register before the tourney starts tho or you wont be there at all! Jez

Re: Are we playing Thursday? I was one of the "watchers" last time, I left it too late to install the software & had problems with the site. I realized later on that the software was on an inside edge cd that I had :o I've just stuck some cash in my account (nice 50% bonus, thanks to equinoxx:ok ). I'm not sure I'm going to do too well against all you pros, but I'll give it a go. My confidence is a bit low after a couple yanks slated the way I played against them. They told me I had no right to call with the hand I had, then said I should have gone all in with another hand :sad I did knock one of them out later on though :tongue2

Re: Are we playing Thursday? Zeberdee1, Dont worry about those Yanks, it happens to everyone, maybe next time turn the comments to off and then you wont know what there saying. They think they know the game better than us and get upset when they get beat, a bit like life in general really. Many of us are novices at Texas and only started playing in the last year so dont feel intimidated, just play your own style and see if you can learn by any mistakes you make. If you watched last time you could see the friendly banter going on and although we take it serious its not the end of the world if you fail either. Punter66, i would urge you to come along and give it a go, its the only way to learn, if you feel your not ready then download the software anyway and come and watch. Youll find us on the Tournament section under the private tab. Go for it i say, you'll have fun. See you all after 6 tomorrow.

Re: Are we playing Thursday? Cheers Billy, I would have thought they would want to keep as many poor players as possible at their table, because over time they would clean us out :\ As you say, I watched the whole thing last time & it looked great fun, with some good banter flying around the table. But I'd better warn you all now. I went to Vegas over the New Year & had a 30 min lesson, so I'm going to be good :rollin Actually, I got very pissed on the free beer :lol & lost to the other begginers :cry See you all later :cheers