** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2012

Re: French Open 2012 I like a lot of the write-ups and bets placed by everyone today but I feel many are on a knife-edge. The Almagro overs looks so logical but I wouldn't be surprised if he skelped Lorenzi 6-3 6-2 6-3 and that'd be that. There are plenty other matches like that too. Andreev, as Dylan just pointed out, could be a shrewd bet as dog, but I don't like entrusting my hard-earned on Andreev - he's a nutter. Him, Paire, Karlovic and DGT look potential value for dog-hunters but I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they all lost too. Funny day this for the punter and I think I'll just take Haase on the handicap and keep my powder dry for the second round. Good luck to everyone today :ok

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2012 Looking at yesterday's results, I have to agree with Fishy. The overs seems to be a good trend. I wonder if it is the condition of the courts which appear slippery. I'll definitely give Rufin a shot at dragging this along as well as Amalgro dipping his focus at least a few times a set. Also looking forward to the Tipsa vs Querrey matchup, should be a good one. GL to all today!

Re: French Open 2012 Dont have a load of time right now, but took a few plays last night and some lines have moved slightly. Ramos/Paire OVER 35.5 @ 5/6 (Paddy Power:5pts).....line has moved up to 36 now, 38 in some places. Can see Paire taking a set at least, Ramos is the more consistent player and you'd have to make him favourite but expect Paire to give a decent account of himself. Took Gimeno-Traver +6 games vs Mayer @ 1.833(Pinny:5pts)----+5.5 games now, Watson +4 games vs Vesnina @ 1.855 (Pinny:2pts)------+3.5 games now......both faves look too skinny here. Mayer is a clown at times and this one looks a 4 setter at least to me. Gimeno is decent, strong forehand, GS first round against a flaky player like Mayer, can see him hanging with him.Vesnina only shows up a few weeks a year, nice attacking game when she's on but dont see it regularly. And hasnt pulled up trees in the French over the years. Watson qualified winning 3 matches, would expect her to compete well here. Have a number of other bets too but cant do detailed write-ups atm. Think Ivo had an injury recently fwiw, can see him retiring there or losing in 3 or 4.

Re: French Open 2012 Pironkova - Wickmayer Two players that don´t like the clay at all, though Pironkova improved last week in Brussels with defeating both Danilidou (She should) and Petrova before losing to Kanepi in QF. Wickmayer has had a terrible clay court season with only two wins last month, against Chakvetadze and Gajdosova. To me this is an open match-up that could go either way and I find great value on Pironkova 3.4 @ betfair.

Re: French Open 2012 Pironkova v Wickmayer Wickmayer is the big favourite here, but neither players are having a great season so far, both losing the majority of there games on clay, I can see Wickmayer taking this game, however I expect it to be close and Pironkova may even nick a set. Pironkova + 5 games - 1.79 At Pinnacle Nieminen - Andreev Andreev having the better of the season's on clay winning 18 out of the 27 games hes played where as Nieminen has won 4 out of the 8 hes played, also hes been knocked out if the first round of the French Open the last two times hes played in it, although he is a big favourite I would expect it to be a closer match than the bookies are suggesting Over 37.5 games - 1.8 At Pinnacle Chela v Baghdahtis Both players are having an extremely poor season, and there are only to ranks between them, Baghdahtis being ranked 2 places higher. Chela did well at the French open last year reaching the quarter final and is usually pretty good on clay. This season Baghdahtis has failed to beat any decent oppenent on clay. Therefore here I am going for a Chela win. Chela Win - 2.19 At Sbobet

Re: French Open 2012 Zverev - Benneteau Can't understand this raising. Benneteau will be back from some injury but he is better than Zverev here. Odds are good enough for me to back him here. Benneteau will be back from a injury thats all but he will be playing for the own fanatic public and i think Zverev can take at least one set. 5/10 Benneteau ML @ 1.67 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Yeah Gimeno was a dud, was under pressure in nearly every service game. Happens like that sometimes, Mayer is still not someone to be trusted at short odds. Watson did the biz for me before that one with an impressive straight sets win over Vesnina. Didnt get to post Hradecka/Goerges overs unfortunately. Waiting on Paire/Ramos overs now.

Re: French Open 2012 Last pick for todays, to much picks maybe. But maybe for tomorrow a smaller selection. Nieminen - Andreev Small pick here. Andreev will be coming back from some injury, but Nieminen is not the man in form to beat him easy here. I think this will be a very close match and Andreev can take 2 sets. 2/10 Andreev +4 games @ 1.77 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Looks like Atko was spot on in avoiding most matches today. Not what I was hoping for when I came out of my exam. Looks to be one of those days and wouldn't be entirely surprised if all 5 picks lost today :sad

Re: French Open 2012

Looks like Atko was spot on in avoiding most matches today. Not what I was hoping for when I came out of my exam. Looks to be one of those days and wouldn't be entirely surprised if all 5 picks lost today :sad
no reason for negativity! The day is not over yet... Young however, what a joke.

no reason for negativity! The day is not over yet... Young however, what a joke.
Haha it's fine. Usually in a slam you get days like this when nothing seems to go according to plan. Just have to take it on the chin. As bad as it sounds, a little disappointed Karlovic didn't retire. Must have been something up with him like IAG said. Yeah Young needed the first set really. Dimitrov was always going to have too much for him but I did expect at least 4 sets in truth. Credit to the youngster though, from what I saw of the last set, he looked to be playing pretty well. Didn't see the rest of the match though. Just hope Almagro goes missing and Rufin can set up another epic for the French crowd like Chardy is doing now.

Haha it's fine. Usually in a slam you get days like this when nothing seems to go according to plan. Just have to take it on the chin. As bad as it sounds' date=' a little disappointed Karlovic didn't retire. Must have been something up with him like IAG said. Yeah Young needed the first set really. Dimitrov was always going to have too much for him but I did expect at least 4 sets in truth. Credit to the youngster though, from what I saw of the last set, he looked to be playing pretty well. Didn't see the rest of the match though. Just hope Almagro goes missing and Rufin can set up another epic for the French crowd like Chardy is doing now.[/quote'] It's always the way isn't it? They always seem to retire when a bet is on the brink of coming in, but when the bet looks certain to lose, they will refuse to quit even if their leg fell off. :lol

Re: French Open 2012 Lady Luck smiling down on the Paire/Ramos overs, Paire really should have taken it down in straights as he served for the first and third sets and was generally the better player throughout. Wont complain anyway......:lol Funny result of the day has to be Pironkova beating the annoying headcase Wickmayer with the crowd supporting the Belgian. Pironkova plays like sh!t most of the year but sometimes pulls out results, expected something on grass maybe but not today. Not that Wickmayer has been in good shape at all recently.

In the end I've decided just to hit the one bet ... and it's not one on the original shortlist! - ROBIN HAASE -5.5 games v Ivan Dodig (French Open R1) @ 1.84 with panbet A month or so ago, Haase was in doldrums, but the red brick has perked him up no end and I expect him to defeat Dodig fairly comfortably in this one. Clay gets the best out of Haase. He freely admits that it's his best surface and results this year prove that. He's beaten some decent players in Bellucci and Fognini on this surface and recently only lost to good players with court craft, such as Wawrinka, Ferrero and Djokovic. Lower ranked players have been disposed of pretty efficiently. Dodig could be a really good match-up for him here. The Croat has had a poor year, blighted by injury and issues with his serve. He's constantly been under pressure in his delivery and when that part of his game fails, he has very little else to fall back on. He's essentially a heavy hitter and if plan A doesn't work then there isn't a plan B. Ally that with low morale, which he seems to be suffering from, then it could be a difficult match for him if he falls behind. I don't think he's got as much nous as Haase in key situations, and that could be his undoing in this one. The Dutchman can vary it and play with pace or bring players in. He's also got much better form in the book this year on clay and goes in as a deserved favourite. The handicap seems pretty achievable to me. Haase could even drop a set and cover it depending which way the match goes. I'm not entirely sure Dodig can be as competitive as that. If he falls behind, I fear for the Croat, simply because losing becomes a nasty habit and morale drops accordingly. The Dutchman is on an upward spiral and ought to prevail in this one, covering the -5.5 handicap in the process. :hope
Haase d. Dodig 6-2 6-2 6-1: WIN Very, very straighforward win for the Dutchman.

Haase d. Dodig 6-2 6-2 6-1: WIN Very, very straighforward win for the Dutchman.
Very good win yes.
Monitoring the odds at the moment but nothing worth sharing as yet.
Okay, but had a shortlist here. But must be better selected this night.
Hey Guys' date=' Any thoughts on Tomic Vs Giraldo? Certainly worth a look in my view.[/quote'] Still thinking about Giraldo here.

Re: French Open 2012 Was a tricky day in the end. Few good shouts in here on the overs from Slider and IAG and Atko on Haase. Banner and Dylan also had some winners as well so good calls guys :clap Wasn't great from me, but could have been far worse given the first 3 bets lost comfortably. Thankfully Lorenzi and Rufin lasted long enough to bring the overs in those couple of matches but was a bit careless with the picks today in all honesty. Not too much of a dramatic loss though, but a loss nonetheless which pulls me back a little to +12.44.

Re: French Open 2012 see Fishy? Not so bad after all! :D Thanks again for your fantastic insights and humble approach. Btw, that goes for all the others here as well. Well done. Anybody watching Serena being completely dismantled by a cramping opponent and incendiary crowd? There must have been a seed of doubt planted within her before she hit the first ball. Regardless, crazy match this. And with all the fixing talk all the time when huge favs are sent packing, it is refreshing to see a match that feels 100% legit. Not over yet though... 0-4 in the third!! ps. looks good for your outright with Bartoli, Fishy :rollin EDIT: there it is! Serena out. Wow... the Drama!! That was amazing. :loon That god for InGame betting!!!

Anybody watching Serena being completely dismantled by a cramping opponent and incendiary crowd? There must have been a seed of doubt planted within her before she hit the first ball. Regardless, crazy match this. And with all the fixing talk all the time when huge favs are sent packing, it is refreshing to see a match that feels 100% legit. Not over yet though... 0-4 in the third!! ps. looks good for your outright with Bartoli, Fishy :rollin EDIT: there it is! Serena out. Wow... the Drama!! That was amazing. :loon That god for InGame betting!!!
That was an absolute epic. Took Razzano @ 51 for couple bucks after she was down a set and when serena lost the ball at 5-1 up in the tie break I had a funny feeling about it. Had to switch off the live feed after the 4th match point, couldn't take it. This trumps the Djoker-Fedex semi from US Open last year for me:cheers

Re: French Open 2012 Really awful from Serena there, bottled it. Razzano fought like a champ but all Serena had to do in that last game was play solid, get balls back, you would never see Nadal dumping simple returns into the net like she was there. French crowd as obnoxious as ever.......:lol

Kimiko Date Krumm vs Francesca Schiavone Date Krumm to win under 6.5 games 1.90 at Bwin (2 / 10 units) :ok Jeremy Chardy vs Yen-Hsun Lu Under 33.5 games 1.72 at Bet365 (2 / 10 units) :\ Jarko Nieminen vs Igor Andreev Andreev +3.5 games 1.79 at Pinnacle (2 / 10 units) VOID
More or less break even for me today, +4.81 for the tournament now. Gutted with Chardy though, he was cruising 6-4 and 6-1 going into the third but threw that game away and almost the whole match with it. The final set almost had as many games as my bet! Well done to the other winners today. Just about to start looking through the matches for tomorrow, lets see what stands out.

Pironkova v Wickmayer Wickmayer is the big favourite here, but neither players are having a great season so far, both losing the majority of there games on clay, I can see Wickmayer taking this game, however I expect it to be close and Pironkova may even nick a set. Pironkova + 5 games - 1.79 At Pinnacle Nieminen - Andreev Andreev having the better of the season's on clay winning 18 out of the 27 games hes played where as Nieminen has won 4 out of the 8 hes played, also hes been knocked out if the first round of the French Open the last two times hes played in it, although he is a big favourite I would expect it to be a closer match than the bookies are suggesting Over 37.5 games - 1.8 At Pinnacle Chela v Baghdahtis Both players are having an extremely poor season, and there are only to ranks between them, Baghdahtis being ranked 2 places higher. Chela did well at the French open last year reaching the quarter final and is usually pretty good on clay. This season Baghdahtis has failed to beat any decent oppenent on clay. Therefore here I am going for a Chela win. Chela Win - 2.19 At Sbobet
Bet 1 won easy, bet 2 was Void and Bet 3 was a stupid bet and lost :/ Well you learn from losing!

Re: French Open 2012 Hi guys, Its my first post here but following tennis thread long time ago. Thanks for your picks which gave me some profit already. For tommorow I am wonderring if Ungur, Vasselin can cover the lines? Ungur +10.5 looks much against struggling federer. I saw that if Fede made a break he is walking and playing calm on his serve just to finish set. And now against Kamke he had 47 unforced errors, 16 break points 8 saved. Stats not so very good against Kamke who isnt so good this year and actually on clay.. And Ungur look not so good and not so bad now. 18/12 on clay and only playing on clay. In 1st round defeated Nalbandian 3-1, Nalba is old man but playing not so bad now. I think Ungur can cover this line not so hard. And Roger Vasselin +9.5 against Potro.. Well Roger playing home and always is fighting with everyone especially at home. In Nice with Almagro lost only 6-7 4-6, and he looked good. And now in 1st round Potro had mini injury at his knee I guess and he let Montanes to take 1 set, but he is all head better than Montanes and its not hard to win over him without running much on court. And now he gets Frenchman who will fight and play the best he can. For me spread is too big. What you guys think about it? Thanks in advance, because I am looking to bet those bigger than usually.

Re: French Open 2012 I've just taken two in the womens draw for tomorrow, will be back with any mens picks later. Marion Bartoli vs Petra Martic I’m really quite surprised at how high the odds for Bartoli are here. Whilst I know she hasn’t been in any sort of form in the run up to this event, this is Roland Garros, her home event where she reached the semi’s last year. Given the amount of points she must be defending and the support of her fans here this must give her enough motivation to compete and when she does have that motivation she can be a pretty useful clay courter. Her lethargic attitude in many other tournaments is always disappointing to see but its seems from her first round match which she came through without any wobbles that she is in a positive frame of mind which bodes well for her. Martic, her opponent today isn’t anyone that should worry her too much either. Whilst she’s a decent all rounder she’s had no real success on clay other than at ITF level which for me is due to a lack of strength which can be a real issue on this surface. A focused Bartoli should be able to out fight her. They’ve already played once in France this year at the Paris indoor event and Marion ran out a comfortable 7-5 6-1 winner that day. Bartoli -2AH games 1.71 at Pinnacle (3 / 10 units) Shahar Peer vs Ana Ivanovic Whilst Ivanovic has been starting to show signs of a return to her best or at least somewhere near it, I think the odds on this one are bit too low in favour of her and this overs line interests me a lot. The H2H record doesn’t make great reading for the Serbian, all 3 games played have been won by Peer, with Ivanovic only winning one set in total, but its worth noting Peer has never ran away with these matches and all three have exceeded this game line. Whilst they have never met on clay, a surface that Ivanovic does favour we know that Peer with the confidence of the H2H and her general fighting attitude on court should be looking to keep this close. It won’t take much to get over this line and I’m confident that Peer has enough to frustrate Ivanovic in this one. The H2H certainly indicates that she has plenty of work to do to overcome the Israeli. Over 18 games 1.70 at Pinnacle (2.5 /10 units) :hope

Re: French Open 2012 hello!! since i'm not very tennis oriented tiper, i'd like to ask you guys what do you think about that pair .. WTA Doubles Grandin/Uhlirova - Arvidsson/Larsson 1 @1,65 @ local ..I was looking @ the stats and it seems Grandin/Uhlirova are in better shape, last few games, plus the H2H is in their favor 1:0 ...

Hi guys, Its my first post here but following tennis thread long time ago. Thanks for your picks which gave me some profit already. For tommorow I am wonderring if Ungur, Vasselin can cover the lines? Ungur +10.5 looks much against struggling federer. I saw that if Fede made a break he is walking and playing calm on his serve just to finish set. And now against Kamke he had 47 unforced errors, 16 break points 8 saved. Stats not so very good against Kamke who isnt so good this year and actually on clay.. And Ungur look not so good and not so bad now. 18/12 on clay and only playing on clay. In 1st round defeated Nalbandian 3-1, Nalba is old man but playing not so bad now. I think Ungur can cover this line not so hard. And Roger Vasselin +9.5 against Potro.. Well Roger playing home and always is fighting with everyone especially at home. In Nice with Almagro lost only 6-7 4-6, and he looked good. And now in 1st round Potro had mini injury at his knee I guess and he let Montanes to take 1 set, but he is all head better than Montanes and its not hard to win over him without running much on court. And now he gets Frenchman who will fight and play the best he can. For me spread is too big. What you guys think about it? Thanks in advance, because I am looking to bet those bigger than usually.
I would be careful with Del Potro. Watched his match, and at one point he had some issues with the knee, got it additionally strapped, took some painkillers. Montanes after winning a set, and having some chances at the start of third set pretty much gave the match away with his ballbashing. ERV played a decent match after first set, nothing special, Popisil just making a lot of errors. I agree with you +handicap on ERV and probably overs. He should be solid. Also will try for small stake on ERV win. I don't like Fed-Ungur from a betting point of view, as soon Fed realizes Ungur hates playing at the net, he will use dropshots and short balls all the time and we all know that Fed knows how to serve and volley, even on clay. Also if Ungur doesn't get that backhand going, it'll be quick and sweet. Nalbandian converted only 1/11 BP against Ungur, Fed will take advantage.