** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2012

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: French Open 2012 Some more decent calls in here today, Fishy again hitting three of his already with the Ukranian match up still come.

Li Na vs Sorana Cirstea Over 18 games 1.71 at Pinnacle (2 / 10 units) :\ Santiago Giraldo vs Alejandro Falla Falla +5AH games 1.75 at Pinnacle ( 2 / 10 units) PUSH Adrian Ungur vs David Nalbandian Over 28 games 1.72 at Pinnacle (2 /10 units) :ok Petra Martic vs Michaela Krajicek Over 18.5 games 1.72 at Pinnacle (2 /10 units) :ok
I couldn't quite keep up the no losers run from yesterday, but have still ended the day in profit. +4.91 for the tournament now.

Re: French Open 2012

Some fine calls today chaps, very impressive. Here are my selections for tomorrow: - John Isner -6.5 games v Rogerio Dutra Da Silva @ 1.89 with panbet Even though Isner has tailed off since his Davis Cup exploits, this line seems a tad on the low side here. Dutra Da Silva is a Challenger player at best. He's very rarely made inroads on the tour. Seen him play a couple of times and two things were clear. He's not the fittest and he lacks a killer weapon. Knows how to play a clay court but not sure he'll be able to deal with Isner's serve. The American has no points to defend here, so I expect him to be more motivated than normal. We've seen he can play on clay, his results on this surface are decent, and I expect him to win this readily against an extremely average opponent. - Michael Llodra +3.5 games v Guillermo Garcia-Lopez @ 1.94 with panbet As regulars will know, I love fading GGL, and I'll be doing so here. Granted, he's in decent enough form, but I'm not having him so short against Llodra in France. First off, Llodra's actually fairly handy at Roland Garros. Always gives it his all in a home event and certainly has the game to get under GGL's skin. He beat him two years ago on grass in their only meeting and although the clay is a lot slower, his tactics will be much the same. GGL has a nice-looking game but as soon as the pressure is on, he often collapses. Especially in slams, as he has issues with concentration. I considered just taking Llodra to win but he could well lose but take a set 6-1 against a player who checks out. Think it offers more security. Happy enough to fire on the serve-and-volley loving Frenchman. I have a couple more that I'm mulling over but will stick with these for the time being. :hope
Okay, in the end there will only be one more bet, unless things change overnight: - Blaz Kavcic to beat Lleyton Hewitt @ 1.80 with panbet I just don't see how Hewitt can turn up here and win having not played competitvely since February. Kavcic is no world beater but Hewitt really is on the downswing these days. If this had been Wimbledon or Melbourne you could maybe see him ekeing it out but he's never really got on with Paris. Just fear for Rusty in a long match on clay, which this could be. Kavcic showed lots of potential a few years ago (he beat Hewitt in 2010, their only meeting) but hasn't really kicked on. He hasn't got much consistency or pop on serve but he's a good sparrer and my gut feeling is that he'll outlast the Australian. He's been winning matches at Challenger level, which is better than not playing any matches at all. Reckon Hewitt will have one eye on the grass of England and with that in mind, I'll play the Slovenian in this one. :hope
Isner d. Dutra Da Silva 6-3 6-4 6-4: WIN Llodra d. Garcia-Lopez 7-6 6-2 3-6 6-3: WIN Kavcic d. Hewitt 7-6 6-3 6-7 6-3: WIN Extremely pleased with how today panned out. Was a lot more selective as I've capped my number of bets and it clearly worked. Hope to kick on nicely from here, as I couldn't have asked for a better start to the Open. Some good calls again from Fishy, Banner and Dylan. Keep it up chaps :ok

Clement v Bogomolov Both players in bad form so far this season, Bogo winning just one out of his 6 on clay this year and Clement winning 1 out of the 5 hes played this year on clay, Bogo has never got past the first round in the French Open, I would expect him to today against a weak opponent. The three times these two have met Clement has won 1 in 2 sets and Bogo has won the other 2 in 3 sets, I would expect another close game today going to perhaps 4 or even 5 sets. Over 37.5 games - 1.89 At Pinnacle
That looser retired? How is going to be count this bet, please?

Re: French Open 2012 The winners just keep coming for the second day running. Atko well and truly went to the top of the Eiffel Tower and shat all over the bookies, with Dylan and Banner also putting them in their place. Top shouts by all :clap:clap Another good day for me personally as well, with 4 of my bets coming through despite Tomic doing his utmost to ensure that didn't happen. Tad disappointed with the overs in the women's match as Lisicki had a couple of break back points just before Mattek-Sands closed the match out but it wasn't to be. Berdych and Bartoli won comfortably enough as well which keeps those outrights going. Today's results give me +7.60 which takes me to +15.00 overall after the first couple of days.

That looser retired? How is going to be count this bet' date=' please?[/quote'] He had to retire at match point Clement because he could not serve due heavy cramps. Very very bad luck, but this bet will be voided I guess.

That looser retired? How is going to be count this bet' date=' please?[/quote'] Sorry I posted that the bet won after they reached over 37.5 games, however as the game was over 37.5 games surely that means It would win, I actually didnt place this bet or my other pick as its my first really attempt of tennis betting. But I presume it would just go void then?

It's funny how one day can vary from the next. Today I felt there were quite a few winners to be had but tomorrow's card isn't leaping off the page at me. I have a shortlist that contains the overs in the Andreev-Nieminen match, Lu +7.5 against Chardy, Gasquet -8 against Zopp and Paire +5.5 against Ramos. However, I don't feel confident enough on any of them just now. Any thoughts chaps? Don't want to force a bet - it's the worst thing to do - but these make my shortlist. It's just whether I have enough faith in them to strike.

It's funny how one day can vary from the next. Today I felt there were quite a few winners to be had but tomorrow's card isn't leaping off the page at me. I have a shortlist that contains the overs in the Andreev-Nieminen match, Lu +7.5 against Chardy, Gasquet -8 against Zopp and Paire +5.5 against Ramos. However, I don't feel confident enough on any of them just now. Any thoughts chaps? Don't want to force a bet - it's the worst thing to do - but these make my shortlist. It's just whether I have enough faith in them to strike.
Analyse every match, shortlist to bet here: Tipsarevic - Querrey under 35.5 Benneteau -1.5 sets Chela - Baghdatis over 38.5 Young - Dimitrov (Young +2.5 sets) Chardy - Lu (Chardy -2.5 sets) Lorenzi - Almagro under 28.5 games What do you think?

What website do you use to look at these games/statistics?

Analyse every match, shortlist to bet here: Tipsarevic - Querrey under 35.5 Benneteau -1.5 sets Chela - Baghdatis over 38.5 Young - Dimitrov (Young +2.5 sets) Chardy - Lu (Chardy -2.5 sets) Lorenzi - Almagro under 28.5 games What do you think?
A wee while ago I'd have told you to fire to your heart's content, but recently I've decided to be a lot stricter with my betting, flat staking, allowing myself only a certain number of bets each day and only taking them if I'm pretty sure. As far as your list goes, I'd really only endorse the overs in the Chela-Baghdatis match. Chela is defending a barrel-load of points but has been dire recently. Baghdatis has been poor too but raises his game in the Slam. I can see that going four sets but I could also see a 6-1 or a 6-2 somewhere, particularly on Chela's serve, and that could bust your overs. Not totally sure it's a bombproof bet. Tipsarevic should beat Querrey easily enough but it wouldn't be a total shock if Sam took a set, which would burst the unders there. Tipsy can be a bit flippant in early rounds of Slams. Benneteau has been injured since Monte Carlo and I don't know how fit he is, so it'd be a risk for me to back him in any capacity. Normally I'd fancy him but he's 1.67 for a reason - there are doubts over his fitness. Zverev's actually a good player who has been blighted by injury himself. Very handy when he hits top gear. Came through the qualies too, so has game-time. I would see that as a dodgy bet personally. Young could take a set off Dimitrov. He's done so in past meetings but they've all been on hard. The American has been diabolical on European clay. He could just as easily take a spanking as get a set. Chardy ... well, he's a good claycourter on his day but he's another who can go missing. I have the Lu plus on my shortlist but his lack of game-time in Europe and on clay recently rules him out. Chardy needs the cash as he's in dispute with his former coach. so plenty motivation for him. He'll probably win but wouldn't fancy backing him to do so in straights. As for Almagro, check his Slam record. On ability he should spank Lorenzi but he can't concentrate for more than two sets. He has a history of long matches in Slams. I'd be wary. Obviously, he has the power to dismantle Paolo but if Lorenzi can get under his skin, then it'll go over 28 games, and you'll be goosed. Just my opinion. A lot of that will be wrong. But that's the way I see it. Only Chela-Baggy overs would appeal but even then it's risky for me. Good luck whatever you decide to play, and remember, trust your instincts always :ok

Re: French Open 2012 Chardy is criminally short but it's one I think he can win with a good bit to spare tbh. Ramos looks a bit short vs Paire but I'd say it's a match-up which favours the Spaniard, alot more solid and consistent. Paire can usually play great for a period but struggles to maintain it. Handicap might be achievable(for Paire), I can see Ramos taking it in 4 sets.

Chardy is criminally short but it's one I think he can win with a good bit to spare tbh. Ramos looks a bit short vs Paire but I'd say it's a match-up which favours the Spaniard, alot more solid and consistent. Paire can usually play great for a period but struggles to maintain it. Handicap might be achievable, I can see Ramos taking it in 4 sets.
Ramos beat Paire 6-3 7-5 recently on clay, so shows he can deal with him. However, I remember the match and Paire had him for a lot of the second set before failing to close it out and collapsing. On home soil, on a show court, he could do some damage. Very much a mood player. Ramos is a sparrer, a clay warrior of sorts, but if he's not firing Paire will beat him. He's not got enough weapons. Edit: decided against Paire. Poor defeats to Serra and Roger-Vasselin recently. IAG hit the nail on the head with him. Brilliant in patches, shocking in others. Could easily lose a set 6-1. I won't regret it if he wins. Better to watch a winning bet slip by than to take a losing one.

Thanks mate' date=' but im still thinking about Soeda -1.5 set and Benneteau -1.5 set. [b']But i don't know why odds will be raising by the Frenchmen. Will be playing for own public.
Doesn't matter where he's playing. If he's still injured, then he won't be as competitive. Maybe one to take in-play once you've seen if Benne is moving well. That'd be my advice.

A wee while ago I'd have told you to fire to your heart's content, but recently I've decided to be a lot stricter with my betting, flat staking, allowing myself only a certain number of bets each day and only taking them if I'm pretty sure. As far as your list goes, I'd really only endorse the overs in the Chela-Baghdatis match. Chela is defending a barrel-load of points but has been dire recently. Baghdatis has been poor too but raises his game in the Slam. I can see that going four sets but I could also see a 6-1 or a 6-2 somewhere, particularly on Chela's serve, and that could bust your overs. Not totally sure it's a bombproof bet. Tipsarevic should beat Querrey easily enough but it wouldn't be a total shock if Sam took a set, which would burst the unders there. Tipsy can be a bit flippant in early rounds of Slams. Benneteau has been injured since Monte Carlo and I don't know how fit he is, so it'd be a risk for me to back him in any capacity. Normally I'd fancy him but he's 1.67 for a reason - there are doubts over his fitness. Zverev's actually a good player who has been blighted by injury himself. Very handy when he hits top gear. Came through the qualies too, so has game-time. I would see that as a dodgy bet personally. Young could take a set off Dimitrov. He's done so in past meetings but they've all been on hard. The American has been diabolical on European clay. He could just as easily take a spanking as get a set. Chardy ... well, he's a good claycourter on his day but he's another who can go missing. I have the Lu plus on my shortlist but his lack of game-time in Europe and on clay recently rules him out. Chardy needs the cash as he's in dispute with his former coach. so plenty motivation for him. He'll probably win but wouldn't fancy backing him to do so in straights. As for Almagro, check his Slam record. On ability he should spank Lorenzi but he can't concentrate for more than two sets. He has a history of long matches in Slams. I'd be wary. Obviously, he has the power to dismantle Paolo but if Lorenzi can get under his skin, then it'll go over 28 games, and you'll be goosed. Just my opinion. A lot of that will be wrong. But that's the way I see it. Only Chela-Baggy overs would appeal but even then it's risky for me. Good luck whatever you decide to play, and remember, trust your instincts always :ok
Thanks mate, but im still thinking about Soeda -1.5 set and Benneteau -1.5 set. But i don't know why odds will be raising by the Frenchmen. Will be playing for own public. Only he will back from a injury.

Re: French Open 2012 Agreed that not too much stands out tomorrow. Have an exam on each of the next few days as well so haven't had too much time to look at them properly. As it stands at the minute whilst I'm waiting to see the prices, I'm considering Youzhny on the handicap side of things as well as Ferrer. Plus handicaps for Lorenzi (Almagro's grand slam record speaks for itself) and Rufin would also interest me. Only others I'm considering are a couple of over shouts in the Mayer-Gimeno-Traver and especially the Young-Dimitrov matches as none of those 4 guys are backable in terms of consistency. Could take them all, and may decide against all of them. Still need to mull it over a bit more.

Re: French Open 2012 In the end I've decided just to hit the one bet ... and it's not one on the original shortlist! - ROBIN HAASE -5.5 games v Ivan Dodig (French Open R1) @ 1.84 with panbet A month or so ago, Haase was in doldrums, but the red brick has perked him up no end and I expect him to defeat Dodig fairly comfortably in this one. Clay gets the best out of Haase. He freely admits that it's his best surface and results this year prove that. He's beaten some decent players in Bellucci and Fognini on this surface and recently only lost to good players with court craft, such as Wawrinka, Ferrero and Djokovic. Lower ranked players have been disposed of pretty efficiently. Dodig could be a really good match-up for him here. The Croat has had a poor year, blighted by injury and issues with his serve. He's constantly been under pressure in his delivery and when that part of his game fails, he has very little else to fall back on. He's essentially a heavy hitter and if plan A doesn't work then there isn't a plan B. Ally that with low morale, which he seems to be suffering from, then it could be a difficult match for him if he falls behind. I don't think he's got as much nous as Haase in key situations, and that could be his undoing in this one. The Dutchman can vary it and play with pace or bring players in. He's also got much better form in the book this year on clay and goes in as a deserved favourite. The handicap seems pretty achievable to me. Haase could even drop a set and cover it depending which way the match goes. I'm not entirely sure Dodig can be as competitive as that. If he falls behind, I fear for the Croat, simply because losing becomes a nasty habit and morale drops accordingly. The Dutchman is on an upward spiral and ought to prevail in this one, covering the -5.5 handicap in the process. :hope

Re: French Open 2012 Tipsarevic - Querrey Tipsarevic showing some good perfomance the last weeks. Playing very well on clay and beatin some topplayers the last weeks. He is 1-3 down in head 2 head against Querrey but every meeting is on Hardcourt, a surface that will be better for Querrey. Querrey playing also well the last weeks. But he playing at the most times against players from the same niveau. Tipsarevic will be a player from a higher niveau and i think he can make at least one difficult set for Tipsarevic. 64 64 75/76 will be good for this bet and i think Tipsarevic can be covering this. 4/10 Under 35.5 games @ 1.87 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Young - Dimitrov Young will be facing a good talented player. The American don't like to play on clay and he had a very bad streak. Losing his last 9 matches (5 on clay), but it was not dramatic every time. He playing 3 sets matches on clay against Bellucci and Troicki and he was unlucky in that matches (maybe he missing a lot of quality) but both players are better on clay than Dimitrov. Also he leads 2-1 in Head 2 head matches but all on hardcourt. Dimitrov playing well the last weeks on clay against some lower players, but he will be losing against Simon in Nice (36 36). It will be fact that this will be not the number one surface for him and i think he will be dropping at least one set against Young. 4/10 Young +2.5 sets @ 1.69 Pinnacle

Re: French Open 2012 Have taken a few in the end, with the common factor being the overs. Need to get some sleep before tomorrow so pretty short write-ups tonight. Paolo Lorenzi vs Nicolas Almagro- Over 28.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Almagro tends to start the slams in a bit of a sluggish way. In 2010, he dropped at least a set to all of his first round slam opponents and did so again last year to opponents you feel he really should be beating easily. The fact is despite the quality he possesses, his concentration is still dubious and he still has the tendency to go missing. Especially when it comes to guys he should be easily beating so whether it's' complacency as well I'm not sure but Lorenzi is good enough to take advantage if the Spaniard does that tomorrow. He doesn't even need to win a set with this line and providing he stay relatively close to Almagro, I fancy him to have enough about him to bring the overs in. Donald Young vs Grigor Dimitrov- Over 34.5 games- 5/6 Bet365- (3/10) Despite the American's simply horrendous form, there's no way I can back the young 'Federer' (apparently) to win this one in a straight forward fashion. Despite making the second round in Nice, he's recently lost to the likes of Bedene which apitomizes Dimitrov. He can be superb at times, but equally dreadful as well which makes me think this line is on the low side. Young is severely out of form, but recently he has taken sets of the likes of Bellucci and Troicki and did okay against Simon in the second set over in Rome which are slightly encouraging signs for the leftie. All 3 matches in the past between these two have been closely fought, with 2 of the 3 going the distance. I expect tons of breaks in this one, with constant shifts in momentum and in that, I do expect at least 4 sets which should be enough for this bet to be won. Florian Mayer vs Daniel Gimeno-Traver- Over 35.5 games- 4/5 Bet365- (3/10) A bit like the previous match between Dimitrov and Young, both of these guys are far too inconsistent for my liking for either one to close this one out comfortably. Neither guy is coming into the tournament in particularly good form, and neither guy is a stranger to the lengthy matches. The German has more quality all round but the Spaniard plays most of his tennis on the clay and it's where he plays his best stuff. He managed to take a set off Djokovic the other week in Madrid as well as beating Hanescu which shows that he can play some decent stuff. Mayer's already lost to the likes of Chardy, Kukushkin and Malisse on the clay, all guys which he would be beating if he was near his best which quite frankly shows he isn't. Expect at least 4 sets again, wouldn't actually be too surprised if it went the distance but I fancy the overs again here. Juan Monaco vs Guillaume Rufin- Over 30.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (3/10) Was initially looking towards the handicap on the Frenchman but the price isn't what I want so I'll opt for the overs instead. He'll have the crowd supporting him in this one and despite Monaco being the better player, Rufin usually fares pretty well when facing decent opposition. He beat Mannarino is straight sets 12 months ago here, and then took a set of Monfils which is a good effort from the youngster. He recently took Seppi all the way as well and was perhaps a tad unfortunate not to win that one so clearly he can play. Monaco is in really good form of late and will be looking to gain some ranking points as he has none to defend in Paris but he has dropped sets to the likes of Russell which should give Rufin encouragement. The Frenchman is pretty decent on serve, which should benefit him and given the crowd will be behind him, I'll back him to keep it close enough to cover the overs. Eduardo Schwank vs Ivo Karlovic- Over 38.5 games- 10/11 Bet365- (2/10) Big line this one but what do you expect - it does involve Karlovic after all. Although the clay lessens the effect of his massive serve, he will still pick up plenty of free points and games which is extremely demoralizing to play against. In the heat especially as you basically know you're going to be forced into at least a tie-break of two against Dr Ivo. Schwank has come through qualifiers well, beating a couple of decent opponents in Bachinger and Bagnis but he's no Murray or Djokovic and he'll find in hard to do much on Karlovic's serve in periods. Granted he'll move better and should prevail in most of the rallies but return of serve may be a problem for him like it is with most playing Karlovic. Hard to imagine we won't see at least 1 breaker in this one, possibly a couple more as well. The sets should be tight and 4 competitive sets would do the trick here and I'll back the two of them to play out a gruelling match here.

Re: French Open 2012 Great stuff again today from the usual suspects. Everyone seems to be on form and so may it continue....... Anyway taking two tomorrow: Daniel Gimeno-Traver to beat Florian Mayer @ 11/4 BET 365 Strength (5/10) I just cannot resist going against Florian Mayer when he's favourite against mediocre players. I've seen him make a dog's dinner of these matches so many times over the years, and I can see a similar sort of up and down match tomorrow with the Spaniard prevailing. This feeling is strengthened by Mayer's fitness issues this year and it's been a long time since he's gone the full five sets. There were also apparently signs of fatigue in the second set against Troicki last week so it could be a factor tomorrow. Obviously Gimeno-Traver will have to stick around long enough for this to happen and I think he will. He had a woeful year last season but in the last couple of weeks he's shown decent form and on his day is a more than capable grinder from the baseline that can trouble most players. If he can stick about and shrug off Mayer's flashes of inspiration and I can see having more gas in the tank down the stretch. Janko Tipsarevic - Sam Querrey - OVER 34.5 GAMES @ 4/5 BET 365 Strength (6/10) Surprised a bit by the line here. Querrey has been decent nick on clay in the last couple of weeks and I expect him to win at least a set here, which should give this bet a very good chance of coming through. If you look at all the long close matches we've seen in the last couple of days then this match looks a banker to follow suit. I expect to see momentum shifts in this and Querrey leads the H2H 3-1 so his game obviously matches up pretty well with the Serbian. Janko will probably prevail in this match as Querrey can wilt in attritional conditions but the American has the game and the big serve to make his presence felt for the majority of the match at least. :hope

Re: French Open 2012 I've already taken a couple with some more to mull over in the morning. Kimiko Date Krumm vs Francesca Schiavone Whilst the indifferent performances of Azarenka and Vinci today certainly make you think twice about backing any big favourite in the womens game, I’m confident here that Schiavone will do a professional job in this match. The win in Brussels last week was huge for her going into this event, as it gave her some form and confidence that had been sorely lacking so far in this clay season. Whilst the field wasn’t superb, she still kept focussed and despatched everyone with ease winning in straight sets all the way through. Indeed with the exception of the final all her opponents failed to muster 7 or more games which bodes well here. Now she has got back that form we all know she is a great clay courter with a great recent history here. If her run last year is anything to go by then she doesn’t hang around in the opening rounds as last year she conceded only 5 games in the first two rounds put together. Whilst you have to give credit to Date Krumm for still being inside the top 75 at the age of 41, the truth is that clay has never been her strong suit and certainly at her age she will struggle in a battle of strength against a stronger opponent like Schiavone. Date Krumm to win under 6.5 games 1.90 at Bwin (2 / 10 units) Jeremy Chardy vs Yen-Hsun Lu Chardy will be looking to add to the buoyant atmosphere around French players at Roland Garros at the moment with a confident win here and given the respective abilities of both of these players on clay, it’s quite likely that that will happen. I mean Lu is pretty horrible on clay, only 3 wins in 19 throughout his career and none ever in the main draw at the French Open. His lack of power and lack of games on this surface don’t help and he’s never tried to do anything to combat this. Compare this to Chardy’s clay record where already this year he’s progressed well at a number of decent ATP tournaments beating some decent clay courters and earlier this month he reached a challenger final in Tunisia. It’s clear he should have the quality to come through this one simply enough, and this game line is nice enough to cover in case a set or two are surprisingly close. Under 33.5 games 1.72 at Bet365 (2 / 10 units) :hope The other ones I'm looking at are Arantxa Rus to win in the womens draw vs Jamie Hampton, and some sort of backing for Andreev and possibly Tursonov. The only thing here is that all three are on their way back from injuries, so if anyone has any latest info on any of these players please reply. For instance did anyone watch Mayer vs Andreev in Dusseldorf last week? Another couple i'm looking at have already been mentioned on her. Fishy makes a good argument for taking overs in the Karlovic match and I do feel that Chela vs Baghdatis could well also be overs. Will make decisions in the morning I guess.

Re: French Open 2012 Zverev to beat Benneteau 2.62 at Bet365 Backing Zverev in a GS is one of the things I had thought I would never do in my life but this is clearly an anti-Benneteau pick, and we must admit the guy has been impressive in the qualies, beating Bautista-Agut and Hajek and double-baggeling Olaso. After a two-day rest he shoul be fresh and this is important for a player like him. Isn't this the same Benneteau that twisted his ankle and broke his elbow in Montecarlo? He was supposed to be out for three months so I expect a very rusty Julien.

Re: French Open 2012 Soeda vs Tursunov Will be going here with Soeda. He showing some good perfomance last week in Dusseldorf. Losing in 3 sets against Berdych, did play well against Berlocq (lost 36 46) and he had a win against Roddick (75 76). But he showing some good improvement the last month. Tursunov will be dramatic this year. He won 1 out his last 10 matches and he is struggling on clay also. From 2008 he is 6w11l on Clay in the ATP Tour, but we can say that he don't like to play on this surface. 3/10 Soeda -1.5 set @ 1.70 12bet

Re: French Open 2012 Ok, just the one more for today Jarko Nieminen vs Igor Andreev I have Andreev down as the better clay court player in this match up, so the fact than Niemien is a relatively strong 1.6 ish favourite I’m more than happy to back Andreev in this one. Andreev has thus far had a really strong season, particularly on clay where he’s been on several good runs in tournaments like Buenos Aires, Sao Paulo, Casablanca and Madrid. Whilst he did pick up a shoulder injury in Madrid, he made a comeback in Dusseldorf last week and made it through a tough game vs Mayer without any repercussions. Having watched some highlights of that game, he seems to have been hitting alright and stats weren’t too bad. Nieminen is a decent player and good all rounder who has and can pick up wins on clay but he will usually struggle when up against a clay court specialist. I’ve no doubt that he’ll keep this match relatively close, but without any real spark he’ll struggle to get on top of Andreev. Indeed the two previous H2H’s have both been on clay and Andreev has won them both. Andreev +3.5 games 1.79 at Pinnacle (2 / 10 units) :hope Good luck to everyone today