** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL round 12

lukeyt

Friday night sees the top of the table clash between the Melbourne Storm and Brisbane Broncos at AAMI Park in Melbourne. Both sides have a number of players backing up from origin Wednesday night, The Storm sit at the very top of the table with an impressive 9-1 record, while the Broncos sit in second with a record of 7-3. The Storm are coming off their first loss of the year, with a loss to the high flying Sharks at Shark Park, while Brisbane have lost its last two, going down to the Warriors and then Manly in a thriller at Suncorp. Both sides will be looking to get back into the winners stall here, especially as every win at origin time is a big bonus for these teams. To read more click on link http://www.betzone.com.au/melbourne-storm-to-win-top-of-the-table-clash

Re: NRL round 12 Storm -7.5 @ 2.00 sportsbet Storm have their big three players backing up after the Origin while the Broncos have chosen to rest their Origin players which means their depth will be tested. From this, the Storm still look too good here, as they are coming off a bye while Brisbane have lost their last two games, and hard to see them staying with the home side who have won 12 of their last 15 games against Brisbane Rabbitohs -13.5 @ 2.10 sportsbet Raiders have lost key players Dugan and Ferguson in the backline, and though they have a decent forward pack, believe they are vulnerable out wide, as the Rabbitohs have some pace to take advantage of the pace the Raiders have lost with these two guys out. The Rabbitohs should be too strong for them as the Raiders lack the depth to go with them, especially as it looks like Inglis and Taylor will feature in this game Record: 28-54 (-3.24)

Re: NRL round 12

Storm -7.5 @ 2.00 :D Rabbitohs -13.5 @ 2.10 :D
Record: 30-54 (-1.14) Knights -6.5 @ 2.10 sportsbet Knights get back Buderus and like him to do well around the rucks and run the Titans forwards ragged. They have a decent pack of forwards and shuld match it well with the Titans pack, but the difference between the two sides is in the backs, especially in the halves, as the Titans are without Prince, who is very important for them. The Knights generally loit when playing at home and like them to do so, and with them coming off the bye should be fresh for this game Eels +4.5 @ 2.15 sportsbet Both teams out of form and realy there is not much between them as they have not produced the games they are expected to do. For the Dragons, the loss of several forwards means that where they had an edge over the Eels, is no pretty much even, while in the backs, the Dragons have the better halves, but if the Eels x-factor Hayne fires, like he did in Origin, then he can be the difference at the end of the game. The Dragons have lost their last two games in golden point and they had a 14-all draw in their last meeting, so liking the Eels to keep this close

Re: NRL round 12 4pts Knights/Titans - Under 38.5 pts @ 1.877 (Pinnacle) I see a low scoring match here between two sides who have struggled to score this year. In fact, these two sides are 15th and 16th in Tries Scored so far this year, and are down the bottom of the ladder in Line Breaks as well. There are also a few players backing up from Origin (Myles, Harrison, Bird, Uate, Boyd), so there is the chance of the coaches taking his foot off the accelerator and taking these players off after about 60 minutes if the game isn't in the balance. They also both have big packs and Bennett generally likes his teams to grind out a result, so I can see a bit of a dogfight up the middle.

Re: NRL round 12 3pts Eels/Dragons Under 39.5pts @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) This is probably a bit more risky, which means that now I've said that it will be the one to come off. The Eels always have the potential to put points on the scoreboard, but it seems to happen so rarely these days that the Dragons defensive style is much more likely to have an influence on this match. The Dragons have only scored more than 20 once in their last 6 games. The Eels have been slightly better, scoring 20+ in 3 of their past 6 although we need to look at the fact that they scored 34 against what is probably the worst right side defence to ever play in the NRL (Canberra), and they scored 30 in the dying stages against the Tigers after they basically stopped playing with a 31-0 lead. 1pt Eels 13+ @ 7.57 (Pinnacle) A bit of value here I think. I know it sort of contradicts what I said above, but odds of over 7.50 for this in the NRL are pretty big especially against a team sitting 11th. Especially when the Dragons have recently lost to the likes of a decimated Penrith squad.

4pts Knights/Titans - Under 38.5pts @ 1.877 (Pinnacle) :clap 3pts Eels/Dragons Under 39.5pts @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) :clap 1pt Eels 13+ @ 7.57 (Pinnacle) :(
Decent night with only the one loser. Still think it was a decent bet though with such long odds on a team that was leading by 8 at HT. P/L Round 12: +5.421 units P/L Season: +17.441 units

Re: NRL round 12 4pts Manly -8pts @ 2.04 (Pinnacle) Last time these teams met earlier this year, Manly came out with a 30-0 win, but the interesting point is that I think Manly actually have a stronger line-up today than they did back then. Penrith have been struggling of late, however they have managed to keep game fairly close. I can't see the same happening today against a team that is only one of a few teams capable of beating the Storm to the premiership at this stage. 4pts Cowboys +4pts @ 1.971 (Pinnacle) 2pts Cowboys @ 2.56 (Pinnacle) I am not quite sure why the Tigers are favourites here. They have had a bit of a good run, but the Cowboys have been right up there all year. Bowen is playing like I never thought he would after multiple knee reconstructions, and his combination with Thurston is as good as ever. I think the Cowboys pack might be able to get the better of their opposition today, and whilenJT is hard to deal with at the best of times, he is almost unstoppable behind a dominant forward pack.

Knights -6.5 @ 2.10 :( Eels +4.5 @ 2.15
Record: 31-55 (-0.99) Panthers +4.5 @ 2.15 sportsbet Sea Eagles have won 4 straight and are looking good but they still have trouble in defeating sides as they tend to have lapses which allow sides back into the game. The Panthers have played well in the last couple of weeks and they will be looking for some revenge after the 30-0 loss in Round 6. Panthers have gained some spine in their team, especially in the forwards and they will use this to batter the Sea Eagles. Like them to keep it close Cowboys @ 2.35 sportsbet Like the Cowboys here as they have two gamebreakers in Thurston and Bowen while the Tigers have Marshall. Both packs are very good with the Cowboys probably having more power there, as Scott and Tamou, both coming playing Origin, having had very good season so far. Like these two to lead the way and allow their little men the room to punch holes in the Tigers defence