** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Hunter Chase Season

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Hunter Chase Season Hi NO Recommended bets for Tuesday Im going to Huntingdon tonight,and wont decide to bet till then. My thoughts though are Hereford [2.40] Think Chasing the Bride will Win,as hold up tactics suited well last time. Huntingdon 5.45 Difficult opener,with a number of horses in with a realistic chance.Coole Glen will appreciate the fast ground though,and shouldnt be to far away. 6.45 Findmeanother appeals Each/way as is proven over CD 7.15 Really looking forward to this race.Favourite Martin Ossie excited me when winning a point at Easter,and will be hard to beat.But Coomakista the mare is interesting getting the weight,and outsider Franco is improving. 7.45 Looks a match between Tanager and Vinnie Boy.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Hi Exeter [4.00] NO Bet Havnt had time to really look at the race in depth.Talking though to some of the Point pundits at Huntingdon last night,a decent run is expected from Frontenac.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Hi Perth [5.05] Looks a straight match between the veteran Swiftway and the young buck Prioritisation.But current odds on both not high enough to entice me to bet. Back at 6pm looking at the Ludlow race

Re: Hunter Chase Season Afternoon Bangor [5.00] Fascinating race this.Champion Elect Richard Burton could easily have took the easy option and ride his usual 2 or 3 winners at a point meeting today,yet comes here having the choice to ride of the two favourites,Cornish Gale and Quality First.He chose Cornish,so that must run well. But I like No Retreat,he was a classy horse under rules and impressed me with his run recording good speed figures at the recent Cheltenham hunter chase meeting. Stake [Total,1pt] NO RETREAT 0.25pt Win @ 4.7. 0.75pt Place @ 1.56 [both Betfair]

Re: Hunter Chase Season Hello again Market Rasen [4.35] NO Bet Not a race to get excited about.Favourite Royal Snoopy is unreliable these days,and the mare Teeton Princess getting the weight is probably the one to beat. Back on Wednesday

Re: Hunter Chase Season Morning NO Recommended bet. As off to Folkestone tonight,will make my final decisions on track. Here though are my thoughts on that meeting and the other hunter chase race. Kelso [5.20] Coole Abbey deserves to win a race,after running his heart out the last three runs. Folkestone 6.00 This fast ground will be right up the street of Exodus who caught the eye of some decent judges when winning his point recently. 7.00 I know top jockey Richard Burton is expecting a very good run from Hot Toddy 7.30 Again Burton will take the beating on the odds on Paddy for Paddy.But I think Tell Tale who has been laid out for this race after running well under rules will give him something to think about. 8.00 This is the most competive heat of the night.Think it lies at decent each/way odds between Lord Euro and Bell Rock. 8.30 Be surprised if Satchmo fails to outclass this lot.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Evening Two cracking races at Stratford tonight,but NO Betting opportunitys! 6.40 Silence Reigns won well at Warwick,but will go off short odds in a big field. 8.10 Nicholls also has the favourite in Lord Anner.But I do think Denvale will be a different horse tonight,after a poor run last time.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Nice winner with Silence Reigns, won very easily and he has also been declared in the 8.20 race at Stratford tonight. I like Caught At Dawn in The Intrum Justita Cup, was a staying on 2nd in the Aintree Foxhunters and that is about the best form on offer here, this extra mile will hopefully suit and if he didn't disappoint last time, his price would have been much shorter as the second favourite Montifault was defeated by Caught At Dawn by 15 lengths at Aintree and that 10-1 looks a great price.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Morning Joe Difficult horse to catch right that,but one thing certain you want a good jumper tonight. As the Stratford fences looked very stiff last night,and hold up horses looked well suited by the blistering pace set in both races last night. Back at 6pm,with my thoughts

Re: Hunter Chase Season Hi NO Bets Stratford [7.20] This meeting has been ruined by the ground causing a number of non runners,and the fences came in for criticism as well. Joe has made a valid case for Caught at Dawn,who should contend alongside Ask the Natives and Yeoman Sailor who I know carrys stable confidence.No Retreat did us a favour last week,and appeals at Each/Way odds 8.20 Red Brook Lad has been a joy to watch this season,and if not over the top will take the beating.Derrintogher Yank should be on the premises to.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Evening Huntingdon [8.15] NO Bet Good race on the cards though.Favourite Coolefind looks solid enough,and has plenty of scope.The "Champ" Richard Burton fancys his chances on Honest Yer Honour,but if you must bet,Cornish Gale on this faster ground appeals Each/Way,but Burton could have rode the horse and picked against it.

Re: Hunter Chase Season Afternoon Cartmel [4.10] NO Bet To be honest havnt had time to analyse the race as been away for weekend. Can pass on though solid information that connections are expecting good runs from Mollycarrs Gambul @ Buddy Girie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...