** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: May 21st 2012 Picks

Re: MLB: May 21st 2012 Picks I'm new here but I guess its interesting to see what others are betting on so I'll share mine for tonight: Orioles ML (10/11) + Cardinals RL -1.5 (6/5) @ 3.2/1. £1 bet. I expect the Cardinals to halt their losing streak tonight and have a hunch after the BRSox big outing last night they'll struggle to follow it up tonight. I wavered as to putting the Rays ML in and making it a treble but decided that I'd leeave that one today.

Re: MLB: May 21st 2012 Picks Hello everyone i'm taking these: Cincinnati -1.5 pt @2.950 Pinnacle stake 2 Houston @1.971 Pinnacle stake 3 Oakland @2.090 Pinnacle stake 3 NyYankees X Miami @2.727 Pinnacle stake 3 Baltimora-Boston over 7.5 pt X Seattle-Texas over 4.5 pt @1.85 Bet365 stake 4 -I'm taking the reds with Leake on the mound,he is looking better in the last outing,on the other way Minor earned at least 6 points in all of his last 4 starts and he has a 12.56 ERA in 3 starts during the month of may,odds are set right and i'm taking this handicap.. -Norris is in good form having won his last 3 decision and he is 2-0 in his career against the cubs,the cubs will count on Garza who is 0-2 in career against the astros.. -I like the way Milone is pitching at home,he is 3-0 0.39 ERA in 3 starts (23 innings pitched) at home and have won his previous meeting against the angels in Anaheim,Williams on the other way wasn't so brillant in all of his 3 starts away,having a 7.16 ERA in 3 starts.. -2 big favourites in a combo for me,i dont trust Paulino's pitching away from home and for the other game i'm looking at the bad stats Moyer is having away from home this year and the rockies have lost the last 14 of 17 i think.. -i'm taking this over double looking at the stats of the pitchers.. sorry for short writeups..

Re: MLB: May 21st 2012 Picks Washington -1.5 @ 2.36 pinnacle Gonzalez is 5-1, with a 2.22 ERA and has allowed 2 runs or less in 6 if his last 7 starts. He allowed 1 run in the 7-1 home win over the Phillies earlier this month and like him to get the better of Kendrick who has gone 0-3 with a 5.96 ERA. He has allowed at least 3 runs in 3 of his last 5 starts, as well as 8 runs in his last two home starts. The Nationals look to extend the gap between these two teams in the NL East and like them to do so Houston @ 1.97 pinnacle Norris is 4-1, with a 3.58 ERA and has allowed 1 run or none at all in his last 3 starts including two starts at home. He has gone 2-2 with a 2.31 ERA in 4 starts against the Chicago Cubs, who have been struggling of late to hit the ball. Garza is 2-1, with a 2.58 ERA and has pitched well this season, allowing 2 runs or less in 6 of his last 7 starts, but has gone 0-2 with a 3.00 ERA in 4 starts against Houston. The Astros are hitting and like them to edge this Baltimore - Boston over 9.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Hunter is 2-2, with a 4.78 ERA ands has been inconsistent, allowing 4 runs or more in 4 of his 8 starts, while allowing 2 runs or less in his other 4 starts. He allowed 5 runs on 8 hits in the 9-6 road win over Boston earlier this month and is 2-1 with a 7.02 ERA in 7 starts against them. Buchholz is 4-2, with a 7.77 ERA and has allowed at least 4 runs in 6 of his starts. He allowed 5 runs on 7 hits and 4 walks when opposing Hunter earlier this month and is 0-1 with a 7.84 ERA in his last 2 starts against Baltimore. Like the look of runs here as both teams have been hitting well of late Record: 68-105 (-9.14)

Re: MLB: May 21st 2012 Picks Royals (m/l) 1pt @ 2.50 Skybet Kuroda and Paulino faced each other in Kansas earlier this month for a 5-1 Royals win, with Paulino shutting out the Evil Empire, and Kuroda going for 3 runs and not even making it halfway through the 4th. I see no reason for Kuroda and the Yankees to be such overwhelming favourites in light of that performance, and also the lto performances of each pitcher. Paulino giving up 0 ERs in 7 strong innings with 9 Ks and 2 walks; meanwhile Kuroda got chased after 5 inns giving up 7 ERs in Toronto. Rockies (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.25 Bet365 The Marlins' offense has slowed over the last few games, indeed they've failed to bother the scoreboard in 2 of their last 4, and I just think the Rockies' rookie :loon pitcher Jamie Moyer can build on the performance lto and strangle a struggling offense. Moyer threw into the 7th inning against the Dbacks lto and ceded just 1 ER. Although his success against the Marlins has diminished in the last couple of years, Moyer does have 13 leftime wins against, and make it 14 on his first visit to his 50th ballpark he will have pitched in. Athletic (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.20 Bet365 2.03 on the m/l, the A's look big at 11/5 to take the Halos by 2 runs or more, especially with Milone on the mound. Tommy Milone has pitched 23 innings at the Coliseum this season, yielding just 11 hits and 2 runs in that spell for an ERA of 0.39. Jerome Williams gets the ball for the Angels, and whilst he went 10 inns last time at home to the White Sox, his last away game, in Arlington, saw him cede 11 hits and 6 ERs in 6.2 innings pitched. I think the Angels are false favourites here, and the A's are value on the money line, but huge value giving up the extra run. Rangers (-3.5) 1pt @ 4.50 Bet365 A combination of the impressive rookie, Darvish, on the mound for the Rangers, looking to gain his 7th W of an incredible start to the season, and an offense that can hammer the runs column when it clicks, has persuaded me to take a long odds Rangers win for the 2nd time in a few days. Nine times this season the Rangers have hit double figures (including an 18-run haul at Fenway :cry), and Hernandez on the mound for the Mariners won't be causing them any undue concern. Hernandez didn't make it to the end of the 4th inning in Cleveland lto, and I fancy he'll take further punishment tonight.

2012 record: 37-48 (+14.685)

Re: MLB: May 21st 2012 Picks

I'm new here but I guess its interesting to see what others are betting on so I'll share mine for tonight: Orioles ML (10/11) + Cardinals RL -1.5 (6/5) @ 3.2/1. £1 bet. I expect the Cardinals to halt their losing streak tonight and have a hunch after the BRSox big outing last night they'll struggle to follow it up tonight. I wavered as to putting the Rays ML in and making it a treble but decided that I'd leeave that one today.
Think I'll rule that one out as a very bad job :/

Cincinnati -1.5 pt @2.950 Pinnacle stake 2 Houston @1.971 Pinnacle stake 3 Oakland @2.090 Pinnacle stake 3 NyYankees X Miami @2.727 Pinnacle stake 3 Baltimora-Boston over 7.5 pt X Seattle-Texas over 4.5 pt @1.85 Bet365 stake 4
a very good night :nana MLB 2012 record on PL : 33-20 (+44.303)

Royals (m/l) 1pt @ 2.50 Skybet Off to a good start, and never looked back Rockies (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.25 Bet365 Off to a great start, then a shuddering halt Athletic (-1.5) 1pt @ 3.20 Bet365 Milone impressive again, just never got the run support to bring this bet in. Definitely still happy with the jump from little over Evs to 11/5 for the extra run though Rangers (-3.5) 1pt @ 4.50 Bet365 Texas are clearly my 'Leeds United' of the mlb world - Whichever way I call their games going, they go the opposite. Time to give them a break methinks.

2012 record: 38-51 (+13.185)

Going to keep track of whether there's any mileage anywhere by using the ESPN AccuScore ratings, the best odds available, and the Kelly Criterion. Purely a paper trial, I'm not risking any money on them...
7-4 on the night, with a couple of the stronger picks going down but a profit turned nonetheless (as it should be with 7/11 ofc) Level Stakes of 1pt per match showed a profit of 3.98 for a ROI of +36.18% Using the Stake suggested showed a profit of 16.06 pts from a starting bank of 100, for a ROI of +14.42% Using the Rating as a stake showed a profit of 24.14, for a ROI of +21.20%