** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 Welcome aboard Peter. Good to have a fellow Luton fan on board. Excellent analysis on both us and the other three sides. I'll be interested to see who makes up the top 5 this season because there aren't 5 real standout candidates. You'd expect us to be there. Wrexham too although they have lost a couple of players I see. I was never all that convinced with Mansfield myself but accept they have the physicality to do well. Forest Green's spending probably warrant a place in the top 5 at least and I personally like Cambridge but there is Kidderminster and Grimsby to factor in too I guess. When you look at it as of right now though you can understand Luton and Wrexham fans licking their lips at the prospect of tackling this division next season given what we've both lost out on the title to in the last three years. It just looks on paper so much weaker and more winnable than the last three seasons.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 Cheers All for the welcome, and to kevshat for the appreciation of the analysis, pretty daunting making a 1st post, making sure all info and stats correct, don't want the 1st post to receive negativity due to my own slackness or lack of knowledge so that's why it was a fairly long & detailed post. Anyway punters Lounge virginity lost and looking forward to many more posts, discussions, banter and that all important aspect of taking a few quid and more off the bookies. Up the hatters. Cheers.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13

League 2 clubs should be interested in him.
His message on the Heed site says he now wishes to test himself at the highest level so I doubt any BSP club will pick him. I suppose Fleetwood would also look at him as a ready replacement for Vardy.

Yeah Fleetwood could be a good shout. I do think that he would go to a BSP club who had a chance of winning the league which obviously Gateshead would struggle to do.
Willy Wordsworth on the NLS said he was signing for Luton. Good signing if true. In other Luton news Osano has left and joined AFC Wimbledon. Meanwhile Woking's striker Paris Cowan-Hall (11 goals last season) will be joining Plymouth. Woking will receive compensation as he was offered a contract but is a loss for them.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 No surprise that Luton want him and that would give them a very strong front line, which is what they lacked for most of last season. I was impressed with Paris when I saw him, but Woking have replaced him already. Having said that I cant understand why they are being backed as although they look a mid-table side I cant see them troubling the promotion hopefuls.

It seemed like Jim Harvey was going to be the new Hereford manger but now its looking like Martin Foyle is going to get the gig and that Richard Money turned it down.
Heard the same. TBF Foyle has a decent footballing brain but whether he has what it takes to work with what he has at Hereford.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 BlueSQ promising prices on the North and South on Monday 11th, though I seem to remember they are often out the weekend before so keep an eye out next Saturday just in case. Too early to discuss things down there yet, but I'm fairly clear about a favourite and main contenders in the South, whereas the North is a touch cloudier, with three sides capable of winning it. Still, there's plenty of time for things to clarify before money needs to be invested.

BSN and BSS are out next Saturday
Indeed. They told me Monday, but having been through these hoops many times before at this time of year, I'm used to the fact that the bookies are never entirely transparent about timings - it has been Saturday for two or three seasons with BlueSQ. I can't work out whether they are being deliberately muddling to throw serious punters off the scent or a touch disorganised about markets that aren't high on the agenda.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 With Luton letting Osano go (well he actually wanted to go!) to AFC & the player he kept out of the side ....Dan Gleeson go, the position of right back is a worry, Luton need to resolve this with experience and quality & with the lack of cover @ the full back position after Ed Asafu-Adjaye was let go before end of last season the emphasis should be on waiting to see who they bring in before agreeing to take them as favourites. If Free agent Jon Shaw becomes a hatter and defense issues sorted then future is looking bright @ profitable even with the favourites tag.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 Blue Square movers - GRIMSBY cut to 13/2, WREXHAM ease to 11/2, HEREFORD drift to 16/1, BARROW drift to 200/1. Also confirmed they will have BSS and BSN prices at 10am on Monday morning.

Blue Square movers - GRIMSBY cut to 13/2, WREXHAM ease to 11/2, HEREFORD drift to 16/1, BARROW drift to 200/1. Also confirmed they will have BSS and BSN prices at 10am on Monday morning.
It might seem odd that they've gone so far in on Grimsby, especially as 9s is still widely available elsewhere and the club has only signed Andy Cook, but I think they will be serious contenders next season. Rob Scott and Paul Hurst did a decent job last season in taking a squad overweight with big-wage players who didn't really want to be there and moulding them into a competitive outfit - that's something a host of managers haven't be able to do at Grimsby for the best part of a decade. The trimmed-down squad looks light in terms of numbers though there is plenty of quality there and the war-chest is reasonably healthy - I'm expecting a raft of signings over the next few weeks. One thing they are lacking compared to some sides is physical presence, but given that Scott and Hurst thus far in their managerial careers have never been afraid to go long and strong when required I'm sure they'll be making the right additions. I can see the Grimsby Town side that starts in August being very competitive, and 9/1 is a worthwhile EW play. Early days I know, but I can see Luton and Grimsby fighting it out at the top.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 So Luton are now out to 4/1 with Blue Square which Im guessing is after the news that Poku and Willmott apparently rejected deals although the later is claiming on Twitter that he was never offered one.

Re: England > Antepost > BlueSQ Bet Prem 2012/13 If we have drifted because of the news Poku has left then someone rates him a lot higher than I do :lol. I rate him that highly if Nico wants to tell me where he's going I'll save him a train fare and drive him there myself :lol. Nico must be a miracle worker to have found a League 2 deal for Osano and another club who wants Poku unless he's just going to Southport although given we will get a fee of some kind via a tribunal I would assume he isn't going back to Southport.

You not sad to see Keene go then? I think the move was probably good for all parties really. Will be interesting to see who Buckle brings in
Not overly. He was decent enough on his day and knew what it meant being a Luton boy himself but he'd gone a bit stale so like you say the move was a good one for all concerned I think.
You will only get a fee for Poku if the deal you offered him was the same or better than the previous one...if not you get nothing mate
I know.