** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NBA play offs

May 20 picks Heat to win @ Pacers. 1.81 @ Pinnacle Win or go home for Heat. Literally and in reality. They can't afford to lose today and hope to turn it around. Miami has been able to get a lead in both previous loses only to collapse in the 3rd quarter. Expect Wade to step it up big time today after his worst career play off game last time out when he scored just 5 points. Chalmers has found his game finally. Team effort can do the job. Wade needs a performace not only because of his 5 points in previous match but also because of his spat with Spoelstra. Pacers have bigs and home support but Heat can win. Only need to avoid sleeping in the 3rd quarter. Spurs -7 @ Clippers. 1.81 @ Pinnacle Clippers failed to win on Saturday when they had 24 points lead. They lost by 10. Seriously what can they hope for other than a sweep. Spurs need to win today and get some rest before they take on young Thunder side. Griffin is nursing an injury, so is Paul. Spurs have better bench and more to offer from their starting 5 as well. I pick SAS to win today and close out the series.

Re: NBA play offs Lakers +8 @ Thunder. 1.84 @ Pinnacle This is a joke. OKC will most likely win tonight but c'mon! To win by 8 points? Seriously? They did blow out Lakers in G1 but it was only because LAL were dead tired after their G7 effort against Denver. They had to play couple days later and were not ready. Lakers should have won games 2, 4 and 5 in this series, but Kobe did not close out. Like I said, Thunder are gonna win, I think so, but Lakers won't go down without a fight. They're experienced bunch of players. 8 pts spread here is too big.

Re: NBA play offs It will be an interesting match between Boston and Phillies tomorrow. I am sure Boston will take the final game, but not too easy as expected. There are some very good alternative spreads at Pinnacle at the moment. Will take +6.5 for Phillies.

Re: NBA play offs Thunder +5.5 @ Spurs 2.02 @ Betfair - The Spurs look unstoppable right now and blew out the Clippers and Jazz with ease. However, these two teams are not in the same class as the sides the Thunder have beaten in the Lakers and the defending champion Mavericks. In my opinion the +5.5 on the Thunder looks too big and although the Spurs are on an amazing unbeaten run and i expect them to win tonight i think it will be a close game. The Thunder are a brilliant 24-13 on the road this season and whilst the Spurs are 32-5 at home i think that the Thunder will give them a real game. Also, in the 3 games between these sides this season the Spurs are 2-1 but the PPG has been 103.0 for the Thunder and 105.7 for the Spurs which indicates that the +5.5 on the Thunder looks good value. Thunder @ Spurs - Over 203.5 points 1.90 @ Betfair - As stated in my previous reasoning SA have averaged 105.7 against OKC this season and OKC have averaged 103.0 in the games between the two sides and this adds up to on average 208.7 PPG which shows that the over/under line is a bit low. Both sides have their "big three" and i expect this to be a high scoring game.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: NBA play offs Watched the Boston - Miami Game 5 and the Celtics showed that post season nerve and steel that I think the heat just don't have. I mean all the hustling and commitment was coming from the road team celtics who are supposed to be old and washed up. They were the ones that were fighting for loose balls (see rondo's save for pietrus three in the 4th quarter). Then you had Paul Pierce with that clutch shot over Lebron James to seal it for the C's. Now in Game 6, at Boston, the heat are favourites??? I don't quite understand this. Is this because Bosh has returned? Either way, my money is on the Celtics. They got the more experienced players who understand how to close out a series, know how to get it done in the clutch, have Ray Allen fit and firing, they have clearly outplayed the heat in this series and they have quite obviously the better head coach in Doc Rivers. Plus, you can bet the TD Garden will be buzzing, one win away from another trip to the NBA Finals. Boston H2H- $2.00 (5/10) TAB Sportsbet

Re: NBA play offs

Watched the Boston - Miami Game 5 and the Celtics showed that post season nerve and steel that I think the heat just don't have. I mean all the hustling and commitment was coming from the road team celtics who are supposed to be old and washed up. They were the ones that were fighting for loose balls (see rondo's save for pietrus three in the 4th quarter). Then you had Paul Pierce with that clutch shot over Lebron James to seal it for the C's. Now in Game 6, at Boston, the heat are favourites??? I don't quite understand this. Is this because Bosh has returned? Either way, my money is on the Celtics. They got the more experienced players who understand how to close out a series, know how to get it done in the clutch, have Ray Allen fit and firing, they have clearly outplayed the heat in this series and they have quite obviously the better head coach in Doc Rivers. Plus, you can bet the TD Garden will be buzzing, one win away from another trip to the NBA Finals. Boston H2H- $2.00 (5/10) TAB Sportsbet
Me too agree with you .. actually i won my bet yesterday for Boston Celtics although the odds were 4.75 in Bet365 but i did not feel afraid for my money and placed $10 .. and happily i got profit $37.50 in one event only :D about Oklahoma x Spurs game today ( I have chosen Oklahoma to beat Spurs today with odds 1.44 in Bet365 ) .. Good Luck :)

Me too agree with you .. actually i won my bet yesterday for Boston Celtics although the odds were 4.75 in Bet365 but i did not feel afraid for my money and placed $10 .. and happily i got profit $37.50 in one event only :D about Oklahoma x Spurs game today ( I have chosen Oklahoma to beat Spurs today with odds 1.44 in Bet365 ) .. Good Luck :)
Oh My God .. It was crazy game the Spurs were winners in the first have leading by 16 points but Oklahoma did it as usual and won 107-99 .. i can not believe my eyes that i won my bet .. i thought that i lost it in the Half-Time !!! Really Amazing !!!

Re: NBA play offs Simply amazing, that's what I love about this thunder team, there's no quit in them. Just a bunch of young guys with an amazing will to win, led by the Durantula lol and I have to admit there was abit of help from the refs but we don;t have to talk about that haha. Congrats on the win Planet of Dreams!! Now lets hope the C's can join the thunder in the finals. However, I'm sure people would rather see the heat vs thunder in the finals...but who cares...lets go celtics!!!

Simply amazing' date=' that's what I love about this thunder team, there's no quit in them. Just a bunch of young guys with an amazing will to win, led by the Durantula lol and I have to admit there was abit of help from the refs but we don;t have to talk about that haha. Congrats on the win Planet of Dreams!! Now lets hope the C's can join the thunder in the finals. However, I'm sure people would rather see the heat vs thunder in the finals...but who cares...lets go celtics!!![/quote'] thank you , it was unbelievable game .. i can not imagine that Spurs were leading by 12 points in the half-time and suddenly Oklahoma wins margin by 8 points .. that is what i love here too that they do not lose the hope .. about Celtic , i think they will win today by high score because they beat Miami in Miami city .. Let us go Celtic , and i will place soon a bet with odds 2.01 in Bet365 that Celtic will win , Good Luck For All Players :)

Re: NBA play offs Halftime and the heat are up by 13. Not looking good for my bet, but as we saw yesterday, things can change in the second half. Btw if anyone can watch I suggest you do because Lebron James is having a very special game. 30 pts already and still 24 mins to play! Boston have make adjustments on him.

Re: NBA play offs Lost my bet on boston H2H. Thought they would show up in front of their home crowd with a chance to move onto the NBA finals, but they didn't. Pierce, Garnett and Allen just didn't bring it, while Lebron brought everything he had. Won't bet on Game 7, will save up for the Finals. Looks like we will get what we want- Lebron vs Durant with a title on the line. Best of luck anyone betting on Game7.

Lost my bet on boston H2H. Thought they would show up in front of their home crowd with a chance to move onto the NBA finals' date=' but they didn't. Pierce, Garnett and Allen just didn't bring it, while Lebron brought everything he had. Won't bet on Game 7, will save up for the Finals. Looks like we will get what we want- Lebron vs Durant with a title on the line. Best of luck anyone betting on Game7.[/quote'] thanks my God that i forgot to bet on this game because i slept before 2 hours from the game start and woke up after it ended .. sorry that you lost :( you know it is crazy league !!! :(

• 2 weeks later...