** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks Seattle -1.5 @ 2.46 Pinnacle Hernandez is 3-2, with a 2.29 ERA and like him to bounce back from allowing 4 runs on 11 hits in the 6-2 loss to the NY Yankees. He has gone 2-0 with a very low 0.82 ERA in his last 3 starts against Cleveland which includes allowing just 5 hits in 8 innings in the 2-1 loss to them at home last month. He has allowed 1 run in 3 of his 5 road starts this season, and like him to restrict the Indians here once again. Jimenez is 3-3, with a 5.18 ERA as he allowed 7 runs on 9 hits and 5 walks inthe 7-5 loss to Boston. He has given up at least 4 runs in 4 of his 7 starts but also worrying for him, is that he averages 4 walks a game, and though the Mariners do not hit that well, if Jimenez continues to walk batters, then can see them getting some runs off him here. Washington -1.5 @ 2.77 Pinnacle Gonzalez is 4-1, with a 1.94 ERA as he has allowed 2 runs or less in his last 6 starts, as well as allowing just 1 run in his last 3 home starts. Bedard is 2-4, with a 2.57 ERA as he has allowed 3 runs or less in his 6 starts this season but the concern for his is back spasms that he has had and how effective he can be. He has pitched for just 5 innings in each of his 4 road starts, and though he has allowed 7 runs in these 4 road starts, his bullpen has allowed another 7 runs as he has gone 2-2 on the road this year. Like Washington here, as they tend to hit better than Pittsbugh this year, and like them to do enough to score on Bedard here NY Mets -1.5 @ 2.78 Pinnacle Santana is 1-2, with a 2.92 ERA as he has allowed 1 run or less in 4 of his 7 starts, as well as in 3 of his 4 home starts. Like him to do well yet again against Cincinnati, as he has gone 4-0 with a 3.16 ERA in 6 starts against them as the Reds have had their problems in scoring runs. Leaje is 0-5, with a very high 7.11 ERA as he has allowed at least 3 runs in each of his 6 starts (total of 28 runs) and 13 runs in his 3 road starts. He has yet to go past the 7th innings in any of his starts, as he does tend to give up, on average, 7 hits per game. Like the Mets to continue their good form here with the better pitcher on the mound Record: 57-90 (-9.84)

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks Dodgers (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.50 Bet365 Think the straight m/l and the -2.5 offer slightly more value than the -1.5 here. Capuano's been way better than Richard so far this season, and they come into this game off vastly contrasting lto efforts - Capuano 1ER in 7 inns... Richard 5 ERs in 5.1 inns. Not an odds-on backer, so going with the Dodgers to win by 3+... I fancy a 6-1 scoreline.

2012 record: 31-35 (+20.30) Back later with some more

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks Hi everyone,hoping for a better luck i'll take these tonight...sorry for no motivation but im in a hurry.. SanFrancisco @2.01 Pinnacle stake 3 Tb-Boston over 7.5 pt @1.671 Pinnacle stake 3 LaAngels -1.5 pt @2.830 Pinnacle stake 2 Washington X SanDiego-LaDodgers over 4.5 pt @2.23 Bet365 stake 5 Texas X Detroit @2.292 Pinnacle stake 5

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks Pirates/Nationals (extra innings: yes) 1pt @ 7.00 Bet365 Whichever way I look at this match up I don't see many runs. In such a potentially low-scoring affair, of course the potential for a extra innings increases. I think 6/1 underestimates the chance of this going past 9. Gio doesn't cede many runs in Washington, Bedard has been solid if unspectacular, and has improved, and has a good record v the Nats. The only worry is Bedard's back, but I think the price compensates for that Marlins (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.800 Pinnacle Minor was pretty awful last time, and has a bad record v the Marlins, and Stanton in particular. Miami undeserved dogs here imo Mets (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.85 Bet365 Like the price available for a comfortable win for the Mets at home to a Reds team who have Mike Leake on the mound. Leake lasted just the 3 innings last time against Washington, stumping up 6 ERs in that time. Santana doesn't often get backed with very good run support, but against Leake tonight, everything looks in place to click together.

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks Had write ups done for the following, then closed the page by accident (my mouse has started double clicking of it's own accord lately, and when clicking on a tab if it double clicks, it closes the tab :wall), so forgive my brevity in getting the following posted subsequently!! Dbacks (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.40 Bet365 Cubs (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.40 Bet365 WhiteSox (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.72 Pinnacle 7 picks on the night is more than usual for me, but I've done nothing different in looking at the matchups so happy I'm not forcing picks. My P/L in the morning might cause me to question that :lol but happy just now ;)

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks

Dodgers (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.50 Bet365 LOST 2-4
Pirates/Nationals (extra innings: yes) 1pt @ 7.00 Bet365 Marlins (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.800 Pinnacle Mets (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.85 Bet365 LOST 3-6
Dbacks (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.40 Bet365 LOST 1-6! Cubs (-2.5) 1pt @ 3.40 Bet365 LOST 2-9! WhiteSox (-1.5) 1pt @ 2.72 Pinnacle LOST 2-7! 7 picks on the night is more than usual for me, but I've done nothing different in looking at the matchups so happy I'm not forcing picks. My P/L in the morning might cause me to question that :lol but happy just now ;)
Well, that final line was quite prophetic! 1/7 for the W column. Disappointing, but at least I was just way off and didn't get penalised for taking the extra runs - my teams just sucked lol

2012 record: 32-41 (+16.10)

Re: MLB: May 16th 2012 Picks

Hi everyone,hoping for a better luck i'll take these tonight...sorry for no motivation but im in a hurry.. SanFrancisco @2.01 Pinnacle stake 3 Tb-Boston over 7.5 pt @1.671 Pinnacle stake 3 LaAngels -1.5 pt @2.830 Pinnacle stake 2 Washington X SanDiego-LaDodgers over 4.5 pt @2.23 Bet365 stake 5 Texas X Detroit @2.292 Pinnacle stake 5
a 1 unit loss 2012 record: 14-15 (-2.881)