** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: May 9th 2012 Picks

31-31 -0.93 units (50.00%) 1-1 yesterday Rangers -122 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Gonna continue rolling with the Rangers as long as there playing the Orioles. I think the Orioles really start coming back to earth now White Sox -105 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes Peavy is secretly having an amazing year...at -105 it seems like a steal.

Re: MLB: May 9th 2012 Picks Hi Would be interested to know why you think the Orioles are going to fall away? I've heard several people say that but none have offered any analysis of why. It seems people have just got into the habit of assuming the Orioles will have a losing season.

Re: MLB: May 9th 2012 Picks Tampa Bay @ 2.25 pinnacle Niemann has gone 2-3 with a 4.05 ERA but like the fact that he has allowed 3 runs or less in each of his 5 starts, and has gone 2-0 with a 3.00 ERA in 4 starts in NY. Phelps gets his second start for the Yankees as he allowed 2 runs or 6 hits in just 4 innings, as they were beaten 4-3 by Kansas. Not too confident in their bullpen being able to give him the support he needs if has another short start, and the Rays were only hit away from winning it last night, so like them to make up for it here. Baltimore @ 2.14 pinnacle Chen is 2-0 with a 2.76 ERA as he allowed 4 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks in the 6-4 win over Boston. Like him to bounce back here as he has allowed 4 runs in his opening home start to the Yankees and just 1 run to Oakland at home. Lewis has gone 3-1 with a 2.97 ERA and is coming off his worst start this season, as he allowed 6 runs on 10 hits in the 6-3 loss at Cleveland. He has allowed 2 runs each in his other two road starts, but has had his problems with Baltimore in the past, going 1-2 with a much higher 5.03 ERA Washington @ 2.13 pinnacle Detwiler is 3-1, with a low 1.59 ERA as he allowed 1 run on 3 hits in the 2-1 win over Arizona. On the road he has allowed just 2 hits in the win over the Mets and allowed 3 runs in the loss to the Dodgers, and has been doing the job for them. Bedard is 2-4, with a 2.65 ERA and has allowed 3 runs or less in each of his 6 starts. In particular, he has struck out 20 batters in his last two starts and he did recieve run support in these games, as he won both of these starts, but both were on the road. He has been supported with just 1 run in his two home starts and like Detwiler to contain their bats. Bedard is 0-1 with a 1.42 ERA against Washington with run support an issue again. Like the Nationals to do enough to edge this. Record: 49-75 (-7.03)

Re: MLB: May 9th 2012 Picks Arizona @2.01 Betsson stake 3 -Miley has a good start of the season and is 2-0 2.31 ERA at home and he suffered 1 pt or less in 4 of his last 6 starts,Lohse on the other way is 0-1 6.00 ERA in 5 starts at Chase Field.. LaDodgers -1 @2.30 Pinnacle stake 2 Lincecum is pitching pretty awful this season away from home as he is earning a 1-1 8.53 ERA so far away and he has not a good record at Dodger Stadium in his career (2-3 ERA around 4) and the dodgers will count on Billingsley who has a 1-0 1.38 ERA in 2 home starts in which he suffered just 1 pt in each of these games.. Tb @2.290 Pinnacle stake 3 I aggree with Blackcrow pick here Minnesota @2.330 Pinnacle stake 3 Santana is 0-3 6.00 ERA away from home so far and Pavano has good numbers against the angels in his career,odds are set to high on Minnie about me Boston -1.5 pt @2.160 Pinnacle stake 2 Lester is 5-1 1.38 ERA in his career against Kc and he's pitching better away from home so far,Chen is 3-6 5.98 ERA in his career against the redsox and is 0-3 at home so far Baltimora-Texas over 7.5 pt X Houston-Miami over 6.5 pt @2.15 Bet365 stake 5 i'll give rangers offense another shot today because they are producing ton of runs in this series,tonigh they will count on Lewis who is 1-3 5.53 ERA vs Baltimora and 0-2 5.03 ERA at Camden,i'll add as a combo-bet an over from Houston-Miami game,Johson on the mound for the marlins,JJ is struggling so much this season specially away where he has a 9.00 ERA in 3 game and he suffered 6 points in 2 of his 3 starts away,Harrell on the other way suffered 4 pts or more in 4 of his last 5 starts.. 2012 record: 4-2 (+3.649)

Hi Would be interested to know why you think the Orioles are going to fall away? I've heard several people say that but none have offered any analysis of why. It seems people have just got into the habit of assuming the Orioles will have a losing season.
The orioles dont have any depth in my opinion and over 162 games the cream rises to the top. They have to play too many games against the red sox yankees raus and jays who are just flat out more talented and deeper than baltimore. They may hang around a while (see last years indians) but i will never be more shocked than if the orioles play baseball in october this year Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: MLB: May 9th 2012 Picks Astros (m/l) 1pt @ 2.27 Bet365 Looks generous for me, this price, given Josh Johnson's woes this season. Previous games this season between these foes have been tight ones on the whole, Harrell comes off the back of a decent outing getting the W against the Cards, and, all in all, I'd make the Astros maybe 5/6 to the Marlins' Evs if I was laying.

Re: MLB: May 9th 2012 Picks .

Arizona @2.01 Betsson stake 3 LaDodgers -1 @2.30 Pinnacle stake 2 Tb @2.290 Pinnacle stake 3 Minnesota @2.330 Pinnacle stake 3 Boston -1.5 pt @2.160 Pinnacle stake 2 Baltimora-Texas over 7.5 pt X Houston-Miami over 6.5 pt @2.15 Bet365 stake 5 (Baltimora-Texas voided,it became a single with a 1.43 odds) 2012 record: 7-5 (+4.269)