** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Bleedin' Obvious Laying System

Re: The Bleedin' Obvious Laying System

I put forward a couple of valid questions. I was asking because the thread is a "tad" interesting. 2 losers and you jump ship? Ok then. :ok
No Aidymac, you didn't put forward a couple of valid questions at all. You made statements which, actually, were incorrect and were deliberately inflamatory. 1. YOU STATED that you wouldn't lay Mullins' Horses in NH races. However, BACKING his horses is the WRONG thing to do and LAYING them is perfectly reasonable. 2. You STATED that this thread was nonsense. 3. You STATED that I layed a horse at evens when, actually, I layed it way below these odds. In what way are these statements questions? You may not know the difference between a statement and a question, but I do. Thus far, I have found the good folks on this forum very helpful. Sadly, this cannot be said of you. I'm not jumping ship because of 2 losers. I'm jumping ship, as you put it, because I have no wish to continue having exchanges with someone such as your good self.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Aidymac, you didn't put forward a couple of valid questions at all. You made statements which, actually, were incorrect. 1. YOU STATED that you wouldn't lay Mullins' Horses in NH races. However, BACKING his horses is the WRONG thing to do and LAYING them is perfectly reasonable. 2. You STATED that this thread was nonsense. 3. You STATED that I layed a horse at evens when, actually, I layed it way below these odds. In what way are these statements questions? You may not know the difference between a statement and a question, but I do. Thus far, I have found the good folks on this forum very helpful. Sadly, this cannot be said of your. I'm not jumping ship because of 2 losers. I'm jumping ship, as you put it, because I have no wish to continue having exchanges with someone such as your good self.
Fair enough. You carry on, i just gave my opinion, which still remains the same. There is no real logic to what you do in my opinion. You see a horse that you think is underpriced, you lay it. It is not rocket science!

Re: The Bleedin' Obvious Laying System Wooooofffff just came home to see a rant on the thread!! U win some and lose some,, I put on 3 lay bets today, 2 won and one loser, not going to win at this game all the time!! 3 legs, you just carry on as your doing mate, I have found a lot of interesting info from you and long may it continue! Cheers bud!!

Cheers Allan Please feel free to PM me when you have 50 posts. Will not be posting again - but will help you.
Keep posting mate, it is an interesting thread... Don't mind me! Even if i am not interested in your thread, a lot of folk are, so please carry on for their sake.

• 1 year later...

Re: The Bleedin' Obvious Laying System Just come across this thread, looks like no one posted here for a while, most of the threads on here are total pie in the sky and have no interest what so ever, they have all been done before and failed, how many punters on here are making any good money with their systems, I would say none, thats why you are here!! The author is right, the smart money does come in at the very last, you see it at the track, on countless occasions Ive seen huge wads being handed over, look on the betfair graphs, a horse high up in the pecking order that begins to drift just before the off seldom wins, this is not the case on all races but certainly the ones that can easily be identified should constitute a good lay bet. This is a very good angle to look at, why do all the hard work yourself spending hours in the morning going through the racing post, let someone else do it for you, just follow the smart money. Was watching the racing from Worcester last night on tv, bet angel on laptop, final two races both had two clear favorites between 2-3, in both instances the second fav drifted alarmingly one minute before the off, clear indications others were fancied, normally laying a 2.5 or 2.8 may make you nervous, these two were hardly ever in it. I,m not saying this will be the case every time but when the situation arises you should consider this option, so well done 3 legs for sticking your neck out sharing with us, most on here are very negative and quick to dismiss, however have they anything to contribute which is real value, I think not, good work

Re: The Bleedin' Obvious Laying System 3 Legs is banned m8 - have an email if u want it. He's a stats man through and through though and as much as I have disscussed many aspects of racing with him, we are too far apart on some things to work together. You can't PM until you have 50 posts though so get posting!!! :ok You are right about the market being very informative at most levels of racing for sure and that's why I've larely stopped playing at that end of the spectrum!! There are some good threads on here that have alot of worthwhile info but they will tend to get lost due to the tipping threads and alot of things have been said before. I'll find some later if I have time and you're still here! ;)