** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Players Championship May 10th - May 13th

Aidymac

Re: The Players Championship May 10th - May 13th *Rickie Fowler e/w @ 50/1 Bet365* I backed Rickie Fowler last week at 50/1 when he won his first event on tour.. So after winning that, you would imagine his odds would have been cut for this event, maybe to 33/1, 40/1 max? No, he is 50/1 again this week, so i have to back him again at that price. He is in great form at the moment, and no reason he can't figure again the way he is playing. *Sean O'Hair e/w @ 100/1 Hills* Has had 4 career wins which is not bad at all. One of those came last year in the Canadian Open. He had a mixed 2011 where he missed a lot of cuts, but on a going day he is well capable of figuring in any event. He was 2nd in the Sony Open and caught the eye in the Wells Fargo last weekend where he finished 15th, a much improved effort from his last few outings, so he might be coming into form, and if he is 100/1 looks big. *DA Points e/w @ 135/1 Stanjames* Again looks a nice price for a man playing well. Arguably threw away the Wells Fargo last weekend when all he had to do was par the 18th, and i thought after that performance he would have been around the 80/1 mark for this weeks tournament. He has won on tour before and he has had some very respectable results in 2012, 2nd in Wells Fargo, 20th in the Heritage, 12th in the Honda Classic, 8th in the Farmers Insurance, 6th in the Sony Open and 12th in the Hyundai, so he certainly looks overpriced here. Hills pay 5 places, the other 2 are paying 6 places. Good luck

Re: The Players Championship May 10th - May 13th GL All. Ben Crane @ 75 Betfair (Now 80's :wall) In recent times the average number of starts for a winner in the Players Championship has been over 7. This will be Crane's 8th start in this event, with his past 4 attempts reading T45, T4, T5 and T6, so it's clearly a course he does well on. He ranks 10th in SGP this year and already has a 2nd place this season, as well as a further 2 Top 10's. Went into the weekend at Quail hollow in a tie for 3rd so the potential is there. Plus, he's the only one of the Golf Boys not to win this year! Henrik Stenson @ 150 Betfair Stenson has really struggled with injuries for the past 2 years, but he's shown some good form of late. He had a 3rd in the Mayakoba a few months back and was impressive at the Masters, where he showed a lot of promise and traded as low as 12s to win. He also has a great course record him, with a form line that reads CUT, CUT, W, T10, T23, T3. Obviously the CUTs don't look too good, but as I said, he struggled badly those two years. The good Henrik Stenson has a Win, a 3rd and a 10th in 4th starts at the Stadium course, and I think there are signs that the good Henrik Stenson has returned. Pat Perez @ 520 Betfair I said earlier that the average starts for a winner here recently has been over 7. The PGA Power Rankings has it at over 9 since 2005. Well, this is Perez's 10th start at the Stadium course, and whilst his history isn't great, he does have a 3rd place finish here. He's also shown a fair bit of promise in a few tournaments this year, most notably the Northern Trust, where he played in the final group on Sunday. A long shot to be sure, but given how important experience playing on this course is, I think there is value in the guys who've been here many times before. Marc Leishman @ 820 Betfair The exception selection for me this week as he's only played this course twice. However, he's a noted wind player, and it's predicted to get pretty breezey this weekend. It's also a venue where Aussies often do quite well, with Scott a former winner and Day, Allenby and Baddeley all with Top 10's in recent years. Jeff Maggert @ 1000 Betfair Couldn't resist. Has 18 starts here, has twice finished 3rd and has looked very good at times this year -- He held the 54 hole lead in the Sony Open, was 5th at Humana and was -13 through the opening 35 holes at the Shell Houston Open. Ranks 9th this year in Driving accuracy and has just a ton of experience in this event.

Re: The Players Championship May 10th - May 13th Kyle Stanley @ 210 WBX Poor Kyle seems to have completely gone off the boil since his win in Phoenix, but at this price it's definitely worth a punt that he can refind his early season form. Spencer Levin @ 310 WBX Consistant but not spectacular, I think his habit of always being around for the weekend could make him a dark horse here. If he can find the form he showed during his purple patch in February, I can definitely see him being there, or there abouts. DA Points @ 220 WBX Another player who went off the boil after a strong start to the year. Has a poor record here in his two appearances, but after getting himself fully in the mix last week I think this price is more than generous for him to repeat his feat. Stewart Cink @ 260 WBX As someone alluded to earlier, a mature head is needed round here and Cink ticks all the boxes when it comes to course experience. Found a nice bit of form in finishing 15th last week so hopefully he can carry that forward.

Re: The Players Championship May 10th - May 13th Also, for those that don't know, pretty much all weekend you can get live streaming from the PGA site. It only really covers the 13th and 17th holes, but given how iconic the 17th is, that's really not such a bad thing for those keen to check out some of the weekday action. Link is here: http://www.pgatour.com/live-video/liveat/r011/tour/player.html

Re: The Players Championship May 10th - May 13th Jimmy Walker 150/1 b365 Speculative shot here. Walker is definetly on the up and I am sure one day he will be in the winners enclosure. This tournament is pretty tightly packed and no one has sprinted clear and there is a lot of value on offer. One thing is as sure as piers morgan failing a polygraph and that being that one or more, at large odds will be on the move today and will put themselves in contention come Sunday. walker for me. GL