** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]BlueSQ Bet Prem play-off semi 2nd leg Monday 7 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Mansfield Town v York City (14:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.46 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wrexham v Luton Town (16:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 23/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 12/5 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.16 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]BlueSQ Bet North play-off semi 2nd leg Sunday 6 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Halifax Town v Gainsborough Trinity (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5/6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 13/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.94 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Guiseley v Nuneaton Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.55 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]BlueSQ Bet South play-off semi 2nd leg Sunday 6 May 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Dartford v Basingstoke Town (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7/10 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.30 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Welling United v Sutton United (15:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3/4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 14/5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 10/3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]105.54 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Evo-Stik Northern Prem play-off final Saturday 5 May 3pm Bradford Park Avenue v FC United of Manchester 1 - 5/4 (BetVictor) X - 11/4 (BetVictor) 2 - 9/5 (10Bet) Ryman Prem play-off final Monday 7 May 7.45pm AFC Hornchurch v Lowestoft Town 1 - 23/20 (BetVictor) X - 11/4 (BetVictor) 2 - 15/8 (StanJames/BetVictor) Evo-Stik Southern Prem play-off final Monday 7 May 7.45pm Oxford City v AFC Totton 1 - 5/4 (Sportingbet) X - 13/5 (Bet365) 2 - 2/1 (Bet365)

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7 Just watched the York v Mansfield game from Wednesday night. For me it was pretty even and as the league results suggest there isnt much between the two. Neither side were as good as Luton, but having said that neither were as bad as Wrexham. York should have been down to 10 men before Mansfield and Matt Green was very unlucky to get sent off as he didnt handle the ball for his second booking.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7

Just watched the York v Mansfield game from Wednesday night. For me it was pretty even and as the league results suggest there isnt much between the two. Neither side were as good as Luton' date=' but having said that neither were as bad as Wrexham. York should have been down to 10 men before Mansfield and Matt Green was very unlucky to get sent off as he didnt handle the ball for his second booking.[/quote'] I agree with the point that the game was very close - Mansfield now slight favourites for me - but I disagree about Green being unlucky. By wafting his hand in the direction of the ball - presumably in an attempt to put the keeper off - he did something daft when already on a yellow (a card that some refs might have called a red). He gambled and lost. On the game this week, I am not sure that York will have the physical attributes to stand up to a second bombardment from Mansfield at Field Mill, especially if the ref is at all weak. For all the impressive work that Paul Cox has done at Mansfield, he's created a side that relies rather too heavily on set-pieces and a robust approach - it's some years since we've had such a 'Stoke City like' side at the business end of the BlueSQ Prem. I thought York did okay in the first game but will be disappointed not to have come away with the advantage against a Mansfield side so clearly off the boil compared to recent performances.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7 To answer the other question the replay was on Premier Sports at lunch time. I can sort of see where you are coming from Ships but for Green to get a booking for intent to handball and the York player not getting booked for a poor tackle was pretty poor from the ref as far as I am concerned. That is the main reason I thought he was unlucky.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7 I think that there is some value in backing Wrexham to qualify @ 5.5. Looks like bookies are at it again - namely overestimating Luton. Yes, they did have a brilliant game against poor Wrexham in the first leg but two things make me think that this tie is far from over. 1. Wrexham are inconsistent recently. They will have a bad game followed by a good one. And their last game was bad... 2. Luton's away form has been mediocre this season. I mean, who have they beaten apart from disinterested Fleetwood?

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7

I think that there is some value in backing Wrexham to qualify @ 5.5. Looks like bookies are at it again - namely overestimating Luton. Yes' date=' they did have a brilliant game against poor Wrexham in the first leg but two things make me think that this tie is far from over. 1. Wrexham are inconsistent recently. They will have a bad game followed by a good one. And their last game was bad... 2. Luton's away form has been mediocre this season. I mean, who have they beaten apart from disinterested Fleetwood?[/quote'] I'll try and be unbiased. I actually thought the 9/2 on Wrexham to qualify is skinny. They have to win by three goals to qualify or two and take their chances on penalties. The general consensus seems to be that everyone is surprised that we played so well on Thursday night but that is how we have been playing under Paul Buckle but for whatever reason people seem to have only noticed the last 15 minutes against Gateshead and questioned Fleetwood's effort levels when going into the game all we heard was how up for it they would be. I'm not going to pick faults in your thoughts or anything like that as I have a biased view and that wouldn't be fair but I will offer a couple of thoughts from trying to look at it with an ounce of a balanced view. Two things I'll say is be careful to differentiate Luton under Brabin and Luton under Buckle. Regardless of what anyone who doesn't watch us week in week out says it is a different animal now. Under Buckle we are doing all the things we weren't doing under Brabin ie we are working hard, passing the ball and not sitting back when we go ahead and there is a confidence to the team now and we play for the full 95 minutes. The other thing I would say is I don't know if you watched the first leg but I think anyone who did would be surprised if we don't go to Wrexham and score. There is absolutely no pace in their back four at all and pace is our greatest asset up front. For me I think we'll score so Wrexham will have to score at least 4 times to qualify on Monday afternoon (or take their chances at penalties) all things being equal. That against a team who've not conceded a goal in six matches. Only you can decide if that is value or not but that would be the situation they face as I see it.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7 Hard not to disagree with most of what Kev has written. I just cant see Wrexham winning by at least 2 goals in 90 minutes. Yes Wrexham cant be as bad as they were and if they do score first it increases their chances as Luton might well start to get nervy, but as Kev says it is not hard to see Luton creating a few chances and as long as they finish one its game over. For me I felt at worse Wrexham needed to be a goal down to be in with a chance of going through. Wrexham's only hope is if Luton play like they did at Gateshead where they were poor for pretty much the whole game not just the last 15 like Kev says, but I dont really think they will happen.

Re: England > Weekend/Midweek > Play-offs May 5-7 Dartford are safely through and I saw Blue Square are now 8/15 on them winning so the 7/4 is looking cracking value at the moment and scope for laying off. They host Welling next Sunday. Meanwhile the two outsiders are through to the BSN final and pretty much goes to show how hard it was to predict who was going to win.