** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The most brutal tournament online?

Jezza

Ladbrokes have just launched their version of the rounders tournaments currently exploding on a lot of sites.. Called "Ladders" on laddies the main ones are the "million dollar games". Basically there are 6 levels of laddered sit and gos. If you win on one level you get a token to progress to the next level which you can play whenever you want. you can buy into any level to start off with, the bottom rung is only 1dollar to enter but even if you dont have tokens you can buy into the higher levels. the finale (if you get through all the levels) is a 100,000 buy in WINNER TAKES ALL 10 man sit n go. Thats right, the winner gets a million whilst the rest get F ALL. Can you imagine being heads up at the end, having a horrible bad beat and then getting nothing after having 1mil snatched by a 1 outer on the river? Words could not describe how gutting it would be I think and I dunno if I got the balls to play one purely for this fact :o Jez

Re: The most brutal tournament online? Sounds nasty. Wonder if anyone's going to buy-in directly. On a slightly different subject. Have you ever played in the bet365 100k? I qualified for it, but I get the feeling I'm going to get torn apart by the more experienced players. Have you got any tips for how to play differently than I would in, say, a $5k tourney?

Re: The most brutal tournament online? You have qualified thru a sat I take it dave - well you need have no fear. dont be scared to be in there raising, take a chance and play a few pots - try and get some chips to run the table over with. If you get knocked out its only the cost of a sat so have a gamble and dont play super tight (but be aggressive whenever you play) Jez

Re: The most brutal tournament online? Ok, thanks. Yeah, it was through a $10 satellite which I played when pissed. Maybe that's the secret. Doubled up first hand, and never looked back. Was chip leader when it went down to 3 (3 qualifiers) then we just went all in to finish it off. It's 3k chips and 12 minute levels, so should I do nothing different to a regular 1.5k 10 minutes tourney?

Re: The most brutal tournament online? Congrats Mr O...on making the first step to becoming a millionaire :hope Nah you cant cash it in I dont think, just like a regular sat (fair enough I suppose you have to get what it says on the tin really). It will be hard to get a final going I would imagine but its gotta happen at some point and there will be a lot of observors when it does im sure!! Jez How tf are u gonna handle the pressure of heads up if u do get there tho!!? Its not like being heads up in the World Series for example, where although 2nd place means you are not a world champion of poker and are not 5mill richer you do still get the comfort of 2.5m dollars - to get nothing after all that is going to really get to someone I think

Re: The most brutal tournament online? Just had a look at level 2 (steady on there) and saw that when I go to join, it says in the window I have 10+1 tokens - so no cash out at all I'm afraid...:( I agree with your sentiments about this one - don't really want to progress in this one - I just know that if I ever made a final table, last hand, that out here there would be a power cut... I don't see that this will catch on - like a pryramid scheme - I saw one hopeful punter sutting on his own at a level 3 table - $100 in - should have told him to get some sleep...

Re: The most brutal tournament online? Dave, Have seen (and participated) in live sit n go's which were done on a winner takes all basis. However the money was not nearly as huge and of course it was live so "deals" can easily be done - ladbrokes does not have this facility making this game all the more brutal. Mr O, Just logged on and saw a 100 about to start, dont think it will be easy to get anything above that going tho (but of course it will have to happen eventually). The power cut thing is prob what would happen to me also mate :lol but yeh being serious its just brutally cruel beyond all belief, although on first hearing about it I thought it was a great idea I have to retract that now!!! Jez

Re: The most brutal tournament online? You know - I really would sell my token if I got anywhere worthwhile - suppose you could just give your password to someone so they could play as you (bit naughty) I read about a similar tournament to this called 'steps' - think it was party poker - where you were able to cash out at various levels if I'm correct. Would prefer that - although I see Ladrokes have smaller versions where you can go for 15k or 5k, about 5 and 4 level tourney - winner takes all again. There's gotta be healthier ways of sniffing a million than this intensive-scare type tourney...