Announcements
*** New Last Man Standing Competition - Win up to £1500 Annually - See Competitions Forum ***
*** September Competition Winners: Well done to Mickyftm32 (NAPS/KO Cup), & Avongirl (Poker) ***
Sign in to follow this  
Atko

April 30-May 6

Re: April 30-May 6

Vesnina +5 games > Errani @2.04 Pinnacle (5/10) WIN Vesnina to bt Errani @4.35 Pinnacle (1/10) LOSS Andujar -4 > Paire @2.01 Pinnacle (5/10) LOSS
OMG, Anduclown in hist best. Breaks Benoit early, confirms, then loses 5 games in a row. Benoit is a headcase, but Anduclown easily beats him in this. I should have been warned by his last year's Bucharest's final with Flo Mayer - this clown also lead 3-1 in 1st set and lost 36 16. But that he repeats this today again, I did not see that coming... This gets me another 0.8 pts down today. -2.7 pts this week +35.8 pts this season

Budapest Grand Prix Final' date= Tennis - Sat 5/5 Vesnina +5 games to beat Errani @1.98 Pinnacle You all had your money on Errani didn't you? We're all too familiar with Sara Errani's game and her undefeated run on clay. Fast mover, consistent ground strokes and intelligent shot making. Her game suits slower surface very well. This week, Czink, Brianti and Tatishvili all had close encounters with Errani, sadly they failed to maintain their level on the latter sets. But today in the final Errani has to face a bigger test. Vesnina is experienced, she has better serve and flatter groundstrokes compared to Errani which can make the match very competitive. Vesnina goes to the final without losing a set so far thanks to her consistent serve and confident playing style. She also seems motivated enough to earn her maiden title today. This bet is made possible thanks to the odds being inflated caused by people backing Errani. My Wins/Losses: 2-1
Errani won 75 64. Good final match. Vesnina lost her concentration when she was 5-3 in the 1st set, at that point it seemed to me it's very hard for her to win a point from Errani. So I placed an inplay bet Errani 6-0 2nd set but Vesnina regained her focus and fought back briefly from 0-3 down in 2nd. I really like Errani's performance. If only she has better serve that would be so great. Updated Wins/Losses: 3-1

Feliciano Lopez to beat Philip Kohlschreiber in the BMW Open @ 4/6 with Ladbrokes or 7/10 if you have Betfair (Unlike me) Okay, so I remember watching their last encounter on clay where Feliciano won and I remember how it became apparent to me, Feliciano has this type of game that frustrates Kohlschreiber. Philips is a rhythmic player, he loves a flow so he can get his guns off both side working. Feliciano's game is very choppy and even more so on clay. The slicing and dicing, followed by the change up to inside out forehands is something that frustrates Kohlschreiber, who much prefers the generic, modern day ball basher. Don't believe me? Check out his record against the hugely unconventional, full of variety, Radek Stepanek. TennisInsight.com - MATCH PREVIEW - Radek Stepanek v Philipp Kohlschreiber
Head to Head Matches Radek Stepanek leads series 6-1
Aug 28 2011 US Open ATP Slam (USA) Hard Court, R128 (23)Stepanek(23,3.42) d Kohlschreiber(47,2.80) 6-4 6-1 6-3 $1.495 $2.868 Recap match stats
Apr 24 2011 Munich ATP (GER) Clay, QF Stepanek(68,2.43) d (8)Kohlschreiber(41,2.82) 6-4 6-0 $3.659 $1.350 Recap match stats
Aug 31 2009 US Open ATP Slam (USA) Hard Court, R32 (15)Stepanek(16,2.61) d (23)Kohlschreiber(24,3.09) 4-6 6-2 6-3 6-3 $1.905 $2.081 Recap match stats
Jul 9 2007 Gstaad ATP (SUI) Clay, R16 (q)Stepanek(127,3.02) d (4)Kohlschreiber(34,1.93) 7-5 6-3 Recap match stats
Feb 19 2007 Rotterdam ATP (NED) Indoor Hard, R16 Kohlschreiber(58,1.65) d (8)Stepanek(19,3.44) 7-6(12) 7-6(6) Recap match stats
Jan 3 2005 Adelaide ATP (AUS) Hard Court, R32 (6)Stepanek(33,1.84) d Kohlschreiber(88,0.87) 6-3 6-4 Recap match stats
Oct 16 2000 Eckental Ch (GER) Carpet, R32 Stepanek(252,-0.61) d Kohlschreiber(0,0.00) 6-3 6-3 Recap
Makes for quite an astonishing reading when you consider the class Kohlschreiber has and is capable of bringing to a tennis court. Feliciano has been serving relatively well in recent weeks, he impressed me hugely against Ferrer and wasn't completely shat on in Monte Carlo where he ran into an inspired and well groomed for the event Wawrinka. Its been a while since Feliciano claimed an ATP title and based on what I've seen so far this tournament, he really does looks like a man on a mission! 7/10 in the confidence stakes
Ugh, should have taken Kohlschreiber being at home in Germany more into consideration on this one. Sorry to all those whom followed.

Re: April 30-May 6 Safarova to beat Kanepi in the Madrid Masters @ Evens with Panbet Getting this one in early before the punters murder the price and the market swings. Safarova is the better clay courter and whilst Kanepi has had a good season so far she won't be able to cope with the Safarova game on clay. Both players love the way the ball sits up on this surface and can lay the smackdown from those high bounces, but Safarova has the edge, as not only can she lay smackdown to any shallow shots but she can also stay that relatively somewhat more consistent than Kanepi. Safarova is also well rested for this event with her last match having over a week back now, Kanepi on the other hand has had to tussle through 3 set matches and is still competing in the Estoril Open. Gotta favour Safa here. 8/10 in the confidence stakes

Re: April 30-May 6 M, Kirilenko vs J, Zheng over 20.5 games in the Madrid Masters @ 19/20 with Panbet Both of these players are pretty even on this surface IMO. Kirelenko is talented and can grace the court with quality tennis on her day. Zheng is a well drilled oriental player on clay, she's consistent and more often than not keeps a good length. Both players, historically, are renownd for making life difficult for not only their opponent, but also themselves, this line is very generous based on that front and I'm willing to snap it up. 7/10 in the confidence stakes

Re: April 30-May 6 Azarenka to beat Kuznetzova 2-0 and Serena Williams to beat Vesina 2-0 both in the Madrid Masters @ 2/7 and 4/11 respectively, 1.75 odds as a double, both with Paddy Power Kuznetzova is not the same player that won the French those few years back, Azarenka will be even more ruthless after losing to a player she has much distaste for. She has been outspoken about how she knows every player on tour now is going to give everything they can to beat her now she is the number 1 player in the World. Serena Williams is not dropping a set to Vesina ... especially after the tiresome week Vesina has jus had. 9/10 in the confidence stakes

Re: April 30-May 6 Zvonerava to beat Cetkovskva in the Madrid Masters @ 8/11 with Blue Square Another one of those, you have got to be shitting me? ones.... Okay Vera has been in diabolical form, but only by HER STANDARD. She hasn't been THAT bad and besides the bad run isn't going to last forever? Right? Form is temporary, class is permanent. Cetkovska has played quite a bit of tennis recently and as we all know is very streak. Vera is well rested and well motivated, as she knows this is a big event and something she needs to get her teeth into so as for preparation for the French, you would expect her to win. Based on the odds, gotta this, brilliant IMO. 6/10 in the confidence stakes

Safarova to beat Kanepi in the Madrid Masters @ Evens with Panbet
I don't say this does not come through, but Safarova's status is injured - left elbow. At least MatchStat says so. I was not able to find any further info in the meantime. Now because she is lefty, this is important :-)

I don't say this does not come through, but Safarova's status is injured - left elbow. At least MatchStat says so. I was not able to find any further info in the meantime. Now because she is lefty, this is important :-)
:| So she'll either not play or retire during the match, HOPEFULLY!

LOL @ Vera She really is over and done with.
Hardly lol. The result isn't a shock at all. She's been struggling with a shoulder injury, hence why she hasn't played since Charleston and why the odds were so high on the Russian. She's nowhere near as dominant on the clay even at 100% and often plays in lengthy and gruelling matches. Since 2009 she's not had anywhere near the success on clay as she has on the quicker surfaces and Cetkovska has beaten Peer and Errani on clay in the past year so she's clearly not bad on the surface. Put that with the fact that she was a losing finalist in a Masters Event last season amongst some other good performances, then it's not a surprise with Zvonareva's fitness that she beat the Russian. Would hardly say she is 'over and done with'.

Re: April 30-May 6 To the TennisTV users - I just wanted to launch LIVE stream from Nalby-Seppi, but these idiots have wrong link - it delivers a catchup from Paire-Andujar instead. Is this how the irony of fate usually looks like or what? :@ BMW Final Kohli to bt Cilic @2.49 Pinnacle (10/10) H2H is actually 4-3 for Kohli, and Kohli this week is a man on the mission. They played together in the second round of Munich three years ago, and Marin won as the underdog 6-0 6-4. One week later they met in R2 in Madrid, and this time Kohli won as the underdog in a tight three setter. I watched Kohli against Lopez today, and he was flawless. Absolutely flawles. Not even a small chance for Felicity. Marin is huge server and posesses a killing forehand, but is also mentally weak. With huge home crowd support and current form, Kohli should get his revenge and win the title. His stakes are much higher than those of Cilic, and this should IMO be the factor. As to 10/10 mark, this is NOT confidence (which would mean certainity), but simply this reflects the fact that I am willing to put maximum stake on this final bet of the week, fully acception the risk of ending the week with -12.7 pts loss. The reward would be the long face of the German :-) GL :hope

bet365 has the match
Thx. It has been fixed in the meantime. BET365 would not have been an option for me, anyway - I dropped my account there after BET365 started to show disrespect to their customers (the "free account with stream access" changed to "stream access only for accounts with a deposit", a deposit started to require full personal data authentication etc etc. So this is where my signature comes from :-)

Del Potro vs Wawrinka - Over 20.5 games in the ATP Estoril Open @ 3/4 with Unibet Ridiculous line, completely disrespecting a talented player who has brought his A game to the fore since the start of the clay season. Del Potro essentially wins matches even when he isn't playing quite to the top of his game with his flat "get-out-of-jail" serve. Stan's been in the better form on this surface and you'd jus have to feel he'll need an excellent serving display to keep tabs with Stan atm. Stan is actually a pretty good mover on this surface, arguably better than Del Potro, so you would have to fancy him in the longer rallies, he's been ripping the backhand down-the-line winners for the past two tournaments with absolute aplomb and Del Potro won't have it easy manifesting a break of serve. 3 sets with it going either way or Del Potro in two with a tie break atleast in one of those two. 8/10 in the confidence stakes
Wayyy toooooo sic! Exactly how I called it! Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using PL Forum

Re: April 30-May 6 Gimeno-Traver to beat Gil @2.15(Unibet) Ok. Very, very good value in this one. Regarding both players form, the portuguese competitor clearly has some better results. In the last two years Gimeno-Traver's form is gettin from bad to worse it looks, but I think the spaniard brings his best to some particular tournaments, and especially this one. Last year he came in Madrid in a similar fashion, recording a lot of bad results, but surprisingly for some, he had amazing results - qualifying easily and then in the main draw beating Gasquet and Melzer playing his top tennis. He destroyed Clement in the first round of the qualies here(6-0 6-1), suggesting that Traver is on a mission here again. About Gil - he had some good results in last couple of tournaments that he took part in, he beat Ebden here, but we know clay is not among the australian's prefered surfaces. Technically the two are pretty similar players, but I am convinced the spanish is the more determined to win this match and at least to me there's no doubt that he's going to do it. Andreev to beat Bautista-Agut @1.48(Unibet) Igor Andreev is the better player here. Agut is playing in home, it's certain that he'll fight hard until the end, but I think he's a challenger level player and that will reflect as we are talking about Masters series event. All Andreev needs to do here is to come out and play good, that would be enough for him to clinch a victory. Giraldo to beat Munoz-De La Nava @1.40(Bet365) I don't see how Munoz stands any chance here. He's playing in home, but that doesn't mean so much I would say. The colombian is a much better player - the results and rankings show it. Giraldo is certainly here to qualify. Hanescu to beat Cipolla @1.70(Unibet) The romanian is winning this imo. Both are coming with mediocre results on the clay. Hanescu has played a lot more matches on it, he's a better player than the little italian, has a serve and weapons unlike his midget opponent. I expect an easy win here. I have two more picks - Hajek to beat De Veigy @1.50(Unibet) and Stakhovsky to beat Roger-Vasselin @2.00ish. I'll write em up tomorrow though as it's too late here already. Also, sorry that I didn't write anything here yesterday as I actually bet Del Bonis(vs Pospisil), Gil(vs Ebden), Hanescu(vs Schwank) and Gimeno-Traver(vs Clement) who all won. I'll try to make up for that.

Re: April 30-May 6 Kuznetsova +1.5 set to beat Azarenka 1st round Madrid WTA Premier (ESP) - Clay @3.2 at PaddyPower (On court May 6 2012 12:00 GMT) Strength wise, Kuznetsova can do everything Azarenka can. She's a dangerous player. Last week she retired the match against Begu where Begu had nothing in her game to hurt Kuznetsova, Kuz lead 6-1, 5-2 in that match then started losing strangely, probably due to injury. Azarenka as the current world no.1 will find tremendous pressure in the 1st round match of a big tournament, against a player she never beat on clay (H2H on clay: Kuznetsova leads 2-0). Kuznetsova comes in to this match with nothing to lose where the condition favours her. And in case Kuznetsova's injury persists forcing her to give up, PaddyPower would void this bet. Update: lost. Azarenka won 76 64. Should have bet over 21.5 games. If Azarenka stays this strong she can go far in this tournament. Now I have to patiently wait for another chance to bet.

Re: April 30-May 6 Cilic vs Kohlschreiber tiebreak in match @2.37 at Bet365, Final round Munich ATP (GER) - Clay (On Court May 6 2012 13:05 GMT) These 2 have been stars of this tournament, showing no signs of weaknesses so far both on serve and against serve. Very good stuff. Condition slightly favours Kohlschreiber as he defeated Lopez a big server at the last round opposed to Haas underperformed vs Cilic due to injury, but Cilic's game is different from Lopez which could force Kohlschreiber to be more passive on the return service games as the match goes on. Both have proven to be decent returners last matches which would be useful for break backs. I can't decide who should win this, but at least one tiebreak in match is likely to happen. Tiebreaks in match overall in their H2H: 5 times out of 7 or roughly 71%. Updated: won. 1st set tiebreak happened thanks to the break back by Cilic.

Re: April 30-May 6 Wozniacki -6.5 games to beat Pervak @2.13 at Pinnacle, 1st round Madrid WTA Premier (ESP) - Clay (On Court May 6 2012 09:05 GMT) As much as I like to see Pervak goes through next round so I can watch her on the TV (she's very cute), I'm afraid this is going to be ugly for Pervak. She possesses a below average serve, and when it comes to rallying, she can't make it past Wozniacki. Often she finds herself in a position where she can't win a single game in a set. I like Pervak more than Wozniacki so I'm very reluctantly bet her to lose badly in her 1st round. I feel guilty. Pervak lost her last match to Vesnina 26 36 on clay a few days ago. Updated: lost. 76 36 64. I overestimated Wozniacki. She can't keep serve either. It's good to see Pervak can cause Wozniacki some troubles. My Wins/Losses: 4-3 Update 2: Wozniacki played through the match with an ankle injury. Now that makes sense. I think the injury happened when Wozniacki led 3-1 in the first set, that's when the scores update was frozen. Update 3: Maybe it's time to bet on Barthel now? Link to Wozniacki's incident: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tennis/top-stories/Wozniacki-wins-through-despite-injury-at-Madrid-Masters/articleshow/13022902.cms

Also, sorry that I didn't write anything here yesterday as I actually bet Del Bonis(vs Pospisil), Gil(vs Ebden), Hanescu(vs Schwank) and Gimeno-Traver(vs Clement) who all won. I'll try to make up for that.
:D I bet Chelsea to win the FA Cup 2-1 and Andy Caroll to have a goal dissalowed in the 82nd minute at 745/1. But I didn't put it here, sorry.

Re: April 30-May 6 shor seems to bet on every match going on, I think it's bad in the long run. It's not a problem if you're winning though. I've read somewhere, sports betting is like fishing, you must patiently waits for the chance to come. This has become my discipline.

Hardly lol. The result isn't a shock at all. She's been struggling with a shoulder injury' date=' hence why she hasn't played since Charleston and why the odds were so high on the Russian. She's nowhere near as dominant on the clay even at 100% and often plays in lengthy and gruelling matches. Since 2009 she's not had anywhere near the success on clay as she has on the quicker surfaces and Cetkovska has beaten Peer and Errani on clay in the past year so she's clearly not bad on the surface. Put that with the fact that she was a losing finalist in a Masters Event last season amongst some other good performances, then it's not a surprise with Zvonareva's fitness that she beat the Russian. Would hardly say she is 'over and done with'.[/quote'] This info would have been useful before the match !!!

:D I bet Chelsea to win the FA Cup 2-1 and Andy Caroll to have a goal dissalowed in the 82nd minute at 745/1. But I didn't put it here' date=' sorry.[/quote'] I don't know if it's ok to post the bet here, so if you want I'll send you on pm. No need for this bullshit really. Just follow my picks and be happy ;)

This info would have been useful before the match !!!
I only saw the tip when I came on which was after the match. However, it's common knowledge that Vera has been struggling with injury and is out form. Likewise, Cetkovska's run in New Haven last season was the surprise of the year and and anyone taking this bet on must have known about that, as it's always risky betting against her as she's capable of producing the goods.

Re: April 30-May 6 New predictions. :D Hajek to beat De Veigy @1.38(Unibet) The odds here were much better yesterday, but considering the lock this is, it's usual. De Veigy is going to be in a third straight final as he ended up the loser in the last two. You can hardly expect something else as Hajek is playing in home, is a much more experienced and better player. The czech will rape him here. Stakhovsky to beat ERV@2.14(Unibet) This one might be a bit tricky, but no way for me to avoid such a value. I don't think the french has half the experience in atp level as Stak has. Both of them did not make any impact in the clay season this year, but regarding Stakhovsky's last year experience in Madrid - he beat Montanes, Isner and gave trouble to Ferrer, I think we must surely give him the edge. Some wta stuff. I don't like to bet on these, but I spotted a few encounters that are must bets. Medina Garrigues to beat Pironkova @1.37(Unibet) This one's odds are also dropping. First of all, Pironkova is a bad player in my opinion. On clay she can't play to save her life .. past results can show that. AMG on the other side is one of the most prolific clay court players in the women's tour in the last 7 or 8 years. Even though she's not that young and can be considered a veteran, she has plenty of experience and I don't think she'll give any chance to the bulgarian player. Medina Garrigues wins this match. Cibulkova to beat Vinci @1.50(Unibet) Odds are dropping too. There's no other way as Cibulkova is a lock here. H2H is 2-2 with Vinci winning the last meeting in Indian Wells this year. I think the slovakian was a bit patchy back then and I think that's the reason for the loss. Comparing the two, Vinci's game is nothing special, she does not have power in her game, uses slices and such stuff. Cibulkova is a midget, but she brings some great and powerful for her size shots, she definitely has more to bring to the table. Also seeing that Cibulkova was playing great here last year(beating Kuznetsova, Sharapova and almost Kvitova), I think it all points to a slovakian success here. Good luck. :unsure