** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 30-May 6

Re: April 30-May 6 I think that's a good decision, I don't get though why are people attacking me for getting him banned. I think I was right at going on him, as you saw my counter arguments turned out to be all legit. My intention was not at all to get him banned, I don't have nothing against him. Just saw what he wrote as incorrect and I guess I was just trying to give a hint that he's not the only guy in the world that knows about tennis. His opinion is not the only one.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: April 30-May 6 I said I m not goint to discuss the issue anymore, but Atko lifted this again and wants feedback. So first please don't be harsh to Shor. What he has done was that he did object to the bet - perhaps he could have put it in a less controversial manner by not using the "utter joke" wording, but basically he was right, and this IMO was a lesson for him. Second - I would not ban anyone as long as he does not use names calling and/or spans the forum. Overbloated ego of ImLovingIt was just funny to watch, and personally I don't understand why this was annoying anyone - IMO it did not went over board, he was not flagrantly offending anyone. But third - he told he is done with this place, so perhaps we are discussing this in vain :-) But if he accepts Atko's generous offer, he might take something to learn from the cause.

Re: April 30-May 6 I am a new member here. I have not posted any tips yet and I'm not engage in discussions, because English is not my first language, and I am not sure about my communication skills. Only thing I can say: I followed ImLovinIt in his predictions and made good money. And would be very pleased if he were here again.

Only recently started to log into the forum again and I'm not very familiar with the characters here in the tennis section but I think a ban may be harsh Atko. I don't think he has to prove himself but maybe he sometimes feels he does (hence his gunslinger style) but we can all agree his tips are excellent and his input appreciated by many myself included. There seems to be many good tennis betters here. You seem a bit older and wiser Atko I'm sure he'll take your advice onboard.He's ok. We all have different ways of putting things across. Sent from my ST18i using PL Forum

Re: April 30-May 6

Munich - BMW OPEN Cilic vs Youzhny over 22.5 games @1.87 at Unibet I just base on the stats here. H2H Cilic vs Youzhny 2:5, and out of the last 6 matches they played, 5 times it went over 22.5 games. Both are doing fine so far, both wasn't broken their last match. This could be tight.
Very tight indeed. My Wins/Losses: 2:1

Very tight indeed. My Wins/Losses: 2:1
Good tip, junesixth. I also appreciate the attempt to track your record, but Wins/Losses ratio tells nothing. You might regularly bet DjokoNadal to beat some #100+ rank, and your win/loss ratio could be 40:1, yet you will be in red numbers with the real money. If you want to track your record, sum up the points won.

Re: April 30-May 6 Sorry if I am too late with these as they are going to start very soon, but let me write them up anyway. Rosol +1.5 to beat Andujar @1.65(Unibet) Atko said pretty much all what is to say about this encounter. The czech has been playing amazingly well in this tournament to this moment, he has the serve and firepower to take at least a set in this match. I personally think Rosol is winning the match even, but with less risk him to win a set would be more safe. Andujar is definitely a better all around player, but lacks the weapons and that will cost him a set, imo. Gicquel to beat Zopp @1.75(Unibet) The born in Tunisia veteran is playing almost in home here, he's been in a very good form the last couple of weeks. Zopp survived a tough first round match against Mendendez, recorded a few decent results on the dirt over the last tournaments, but it can be seen that he's not playing that many matches on clay in recent times. I think Gicquel will have the full support of the fans, will be determined to win, and despite his age is in an advanced stage, his results aren't getting worse at all. That makes me convinced that the frenchman is winning this.

Good tip, junesixth. I also appreciate the attempt to track your record, but Wins/Losses ratio tells nothing. You might regularly bet DjokoNadal to beat some #100+ rank, and your win/loss ratio could be 40:1, yet you will be in red numbers with the real money. If you want to track your record, sum up the points won.
No no, I only bet with odds close to 2.0 or above, plus it's easier for lazy person like me to keep track of my record here.

I think that's a good decision' date=' I don't get though why are people attacking me for getting him banned. I think I was right at going on him, as you saw my counter arguments turned out to be all legit. My intention was not at all to get him banned, I don't have nothing against him. Just saw what he wrote as incorrect and I guess I was just trying to give a hint that he's not the only guy in the world that knows about tennis. His opinion is not the only one.[/quote'] In as jus like the way your "counter arguments" proved to be right when opposing my Granollers/M, Lopez to bt F, Mayer/J, Melzer and Lorenzi to bt J, Blake picks .. I have no problem with someone "expressing their opinion" or "debating against" a selection I have made (As you can see me and Homongulus do it all the time) but the way in which you structure your disagreement is what cripples me. "I don't agree with this shit"

Anyway, I hope we can put this to one side and move on because its not healthy for the atmosphere in here to have any two people bickering, sticking out chests... :ok

Re: April 30-May 6 Baggy does not look good, going for one match in Beograd Paire to bt Nieminen @2.04 Pinnacle (5/10) Jarkko just finished his two-sets long part two of the match against Veic. I looked at this match, and it semed to me that Jarkko is losing gas and starting to make more unforceds as the match proceeded. Veic was just too dumb to take advantage. Benoit comes fresh to this match, and posesses huge serve which should trouble Jarkko. This bet is based on the assumption that to play a match about 2-3 hours after difficult two sets against Veic should be too much for Jarkko.

Thanks Atko for revisiting your view on the ban and taking a slightly more impartial stance ... and thanks to all the lads who stuck up for me, Keep the tips coming and I'll see you guys for the French Open baby. :D

Re: April 30-May 6 Kohlscreiber to beat Matosevic x Tomic +4.5 games vs Lopez x Seppi to beat Muller @ 2.16 with paddy power Not the most adventurous bet in the world but one that should win, kohlscreiber playing at home much high class player than matosevic i dont see him having to many problems there, he likes the munich tournament he plays it every year and won it in 2007. I think i would be shocked like a lot of other people if seppi managed to lose to muller here, iam surprised that muller has even made it to the quarters here of a clay court tournament(his first of the year) largely down to the draw he got. They played twice last year both on indoor hardcourts,arguably mullers best surface and seppi won both meetings in 3 sets. I think seppi will get the job done most probably in 2 sets. I think tomic v lopez will be a close encounter so i expect tomic will cover +4.5 games quite comfortably, maybe will go 3 sets or a 2 tight set win for either of them.

Baggy does not look good, going for one match in Beograd Paire to bt Nieminen @2.04 Pinnacle (5/10) Jarkko just finished his two-sets long part two of the match against Veic. I looked at this match, and it semed to me that Jarkko is losing gas and starting to make more unforceds as the match proceeded. Veic was just too dumb to take advantage. Benoit comes fresh to this match, and posesses huge serve which should trouble Jarkko. This bet is based on the assumption that to play a match about 2-3 hours after difficult two sets against Veic should be too much for Jarkko.
Paire seems to struggle with good returners, and Nieminen makes an excellent returner. Paire is also similar to Veic who was beated today by Nieminen.

Re: April 30-May 6 Paire actually trying to lose this match as quickly possible :wall I don't konw whether this has to do something with him entering Madrid qualies tomorrow, or what (I was unable to find detailed info on the official Madrid web site, Spaniards simply do not care much about providing any useful info). What a dreadful week ...

Stan Wawrinka to beat Robin Haase 2-0 @ Evens with William Hill This should be plain Stan this one, he's done a lot of hard training in the build up to the clay-court season, he skipped a masters series on hard jus so he could have the right preparation. In Monte Carlo he was phenomenal with scintilating performances to beat Feliciano Lopez and Almagro ... he even causes the king of clay Rafa a trouble or two. Robin Haase is not known for being much good on this surface and I cannot understand the respect the bookmakers are paying towards him here. He struggled in the last round to overcome a qualifier ranked 188 ... he was a set and a break down before coming back and scraping through. Robin possesses no real weapons other than his serve and I believe Stan should have this done in quick time with a break in each set doing the business. 8/10 in the confidence stakes
Yup, yup, yup! :cigar

Ruffin tb Dusan Lojda @ 4/9 in Ostrava Chardy tb Ilhan 2-0 @ 10/11 in Tunisia Lopez tb Tonic @ 4/6 in Munich Treble over 7/2 Stake €25 I guess all 3 picks can go wrong and sorry I can't give much insight but in theory all 3 should win if they serve well although Tomic is a real threat to Lopez. Small stake of £25 on the treble. Good luck with everyone's picks today awkward fixtures this week. Sent from my ST18i using PL Forum
Chardy has blown this bet. He seems to like his opponent serving first .In my book in close matches this just hands your opponent an advantage and I guess he dosn't have that luxury. Sent from my ST18i using PL Forum

Baggy does not look good, going for one match in Beograd Paire to bt Nieminen @2.04 Pinnacle (5/10) Jarkko just finished his two-sets long part two of the match against Veic. I looked at this match, and it semed to me that Jarkko is losing gas and starting to make more unforceds as the match proceeded. Veic was just too dumb to take advantage. Benoit comes fresh to this match, and posesses huge serve which should trouble Jarkko. This bet is based on the assumption that to play a match about 2-3 hours after difficult two sets against Veic should be too much for Jarkko.
You are sic!

Re: April 30-May 6 Del Potro vs Wawrinka - Over 20.5 games in the ATP Estoril Open @ 3/4 with Unibet Ridiculous line, completely disrespecting a talented player who has brought his A game to the fore since the start of the clay season. Del Potro essentially wins matches even when he isn't playing quite to the top of his game with his flat "get-out-of-jail" serve. Stan's been in the better form on this surface and you'd jus have to feel he'll need an excellent serving display to keep tabs with Stan atm. Stan is actually a pretty good mover on this surface, arguably better than Del Potro, so you would have to fancy him in the longer rallies, he's been ripping the backhand down-the-line winners for the past two tournaments with absolute aplomb and Del Potro won't have it easy manifesting a break of serve. 3 sets with it going either way or Del Potro in two with a tie break atleast in one of those two. 8/10 in the confidence stakes

WTA Estoril - Kanepi to beat Cetkovska @ 1.641 (Pinnacle:3pts) ATP Munich - Haas to beat Baghdatis @ 2.20 (Bwin:4pts)
WIN WIN..........comfy enough. Second set was tight with Haas and Baghy but Haas took the tie-break. Some nice shouts in here aswell.

Re: April 30-May 6 Feliciano Lopez to beat Philip Kohlschreiber in the BMW Open @ 4/6 with Ladbrokes or 7/10 if you have Betfair (Unlike me) Okay, so I remember watching their last encounter on clay where Feliciano won and I remember how it became apparent to me, Feliciano has this type of game that frustrates Kohlschreiber. Philips is a rhythmic player, he loves a flow so he can get his guns off both side working. Feliciano's game is very choppy and even more so on clay. The slicing and dicing, followed by the change up to inside out forehands is something that frustrates Kohlschreiber, who much prefers the generic, modern day ball basher. Don't believe me? Check out his record against the hugely unconventional, full of variety, Radek Stepanek. TennisInsight.com - MATCH PREVIEW - Radek Stepanek v Philipp Kohlschreiber [TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR] [TD=class: fontTableHead, bgcolor: #3972B9, colspan: 10][TABLE] [TR] [TD=class: fontTableHead]Head to Head Matches Radek Stepanek leads series 6-1[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: fontTableHead][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Aug 28 2011[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]US Open ATP Slam (USA) Hard Court, R128[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA](23)Stepanek(23,3.42) d Kohlschreiber(47,2.80)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]6-4 6-1 6-3[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left]$1.495 $2.868[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap match stats[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Apr 24 2011[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Munich ATP (GER) Clay, QF[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Stepanek(68,2.43) d (8)Kohlschreiber(41,2.82)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]6-4 6-0[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left]$3.659 $1.350[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap match stats[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Aug 31 2009[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]US Open ATP Slam (USA) Hard Court, R32[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA](15)Stepanek(16,2.61) d (23)Kohlschreiber(24,3.09)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]4-6 6-2 6-3 6-3[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left]$1.905 $2.081[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap match stats[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Jul 9 2007[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Gstaad ATP (SUI) Clay, R16[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA](q)Stepanek(127,3.02) d (4)Kohlschreiber(34,1.93)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]7-5 6-3[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap match stats[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Feb 19 2007[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Rotterdam ATP (NED) Indoor Hard, R16[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Kohlschreiber(58,1.65) d (8)Stepanek(19,3.44)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]7-6(12) 7-6(6)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap match stats[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Jan 3 2005[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Adelaide ATP (AUS) Hard Court, R32[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA](6)Stepanek(33,1.84) d Kohlschreiber(88,0.87)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]6-3 6-4[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap match stats[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, colspan: 10][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #DCE8F4][/TD] [TD=class: font14b lightBlue, bgcolor: #DCE8F4]Oct 16 2000[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Eckental Ch (GER) Carpet, R32[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]Stepanek(252,-0.61) d Kohlschreiber(0,0.00)[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, bgcolor: #F2F5FA]6-3 6-3[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 100, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: left][/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 70, bgcolor: #F2F5FA, align: right]Recap[/TD] [TD=class: font14b verylightBlue, width: 5, bgcolor: #F2F5FA][/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] Makes for quite an astonishing reading when you consider the class Kohlschreiber has and is capable of bringing to a tennis court. Feliciano has been serving relatively well in recent weeks, he impressed me hugely against Ferrer and wasn't completely shat on in Monte Carlo where he ran into an inspired and well groomed for the event Wawrinka. Its been a while since Feliciano claimed an ATP title and based on what I've seen so far this tournament, he really does looks like a man on a mission! 7/10 in the confidence stakes