** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 30-May 6

Re: April 30-May 6

Kohli was better, Ernest still not delivering his maximum. Sorry. But I wrote this is a shot, didn't I? No words about utter gifts or something like that, and it was marked 2/10 :-) -2.1 pts this week +36.4 pts this season
You trying to say something? Or trying to cause an argument? Coz if you are trying to cause an argument then I'd jus edit the post.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sore one ImLovinIt, but take it on the chin. We've all been there. Never go big on guys like Hanescu. They are unreliable. In fact, there are many unreliable players. I'm going to make a list and post it up here.

Sore one ImLovinIt' date=' but take it on the chin. We've all been there. Never go big on guys like Hanescu. They are unreliable. In fact, there are many unreliable players. I'm going to make a list and post it up here.[/quote'] Cool. Yh, I never expected Rosol to serve like Sampras either, its quite astonishing how well he was serving and consistently too. Could you before you do that take a look at Homunculus's post? Its not good to gloat, we are in here as tipsters to aid one another, if I see a match a certain way, I am fully entitled to my opinion. Its not the best thing to read when you've jus lost a big money bet.

I've dealt with his post internally. What I would say is if that you post a 10/10 bet on a public forum and it loses, be prepared for some stick. Chances are people followed your confidence. I'm afraid that's how it rolls. As I said, chin up :ok

You trying to say something? Or trying to cause an argument? Coz if you are trying to cause an argument then I'd jus edit the post.
Eh, I won't play I don't understand you :-) This indeed referred to your Hanescu bet. No pun intended, I really appreciate most of your inputs, though you just demonstrated that the confidence mark must be taken with grain of salt. But you ran into this yourself, bro :-) You'll have to swallow the inevitable. I wish you your ego will heal quickly.

I've dealt with his post internally. What I would say is if that you post a 10/10 bet on a public forum and it loses' date=' be prepared for some stick. Chances are people followed your confidence. I'm afraid that's how it rolls. As I said, chin up :ok[/quote'] Sorry, jus cannot agree with that, there are various tipsters in the tennis section who post tips time after time and they are consistently missing, not a word is uttered .... I've landed many 7, 8's and 9's .. so I believe for me to receive "stick" the moment I lose a 10 is simply unwarranted. Being honest, after that reaction, I feel not a desire to post tips on here in future. It jus makes me think wtf, how thick-ale can some be?

Eh, I won't play I don't understand you :-) This indeed referred to your Hanescu bet. No pun intended, I really appreciate most of your inputs, though you just demonstrated that the confidence mark must be taken with grain of salt. But you ran into this yourself, bro :-) You'll have to swallow the inevitable. I wish you your ego will heal quickly.
This perception I have an ego is completely unfounded, its confidence, but don't worry you won't have to encounter my ego anymore. I'm done with this place.

For tomorrow i think this bet looks good Farah to beat matosevic x stakhovsky +4.5 games vs lopez @ 2.42 with paddy power The last week or so it looks like farah has really hit some form, winning his first matches at atp level in barcelona having qualified there ,against bruges-davi and andujar and backing it up here in munich also as a qualifier beating davydenko who was defending the title. Clay is definately not the preferred surface of matosevic and he has never had good results throughout his career on it, farah is playing most of his matches on clay during the year so is much more used to the surface and i think a much better player on it. After his impressive wins against andujar and davydenko i have to back farah in this match, if he doesnt win it will be a huge opportunity missed to get to a quarter final of an atp event for the first time. As for my second selection stakhovsky +4.5 games, stakhovksy is a very good server and on his day can give trouble to any player, iam not really sure why lopez is playing in munich after reaching the final in belgrade last year and with madrid masters being next week, also having had a good week in barcelona i was surprised to see him in the draw here. The clay in munich is playing fast and for a server like stakhovksy i think he will be hard to break as lopez isnt the best returner in the world, stakhovksy will serve and volley and will use a lot of variety on his serve keeping lopez guessing on the return. I think maybe 1 break per set will get it done for lopez but its even possible stakhovsky can pull off an upset here.
Shame, stakhovsky covered +4.5 comfortably losing 6-4,7-6 but farah couldnt get it done ,he's totally overrated on the books after his last week performance.

Sorry, jus cannot agree with that, there are various tipsters in the tennis section who post tips time after time and they are consistently missing, not a word is uttered .... I've landed many 7, 8's and 9's .. so I believe for me to receive "stick" the moment I lose a 10 is simply unwarranted. Being honest, after that reaction, I feel not a desire to post tips on here in future. It jus makes me think wtf, how thick-ale can some be?
Perhaps it's not the 10/10 but more your attitude and arrogance that makes people want to revel in your losses. I don't think anyone likes seeing someone use massive dancing bananas to welcome a winning bet. Nor do they enjoy your "I'm the best tipster ever" mantra that you preached as recently as yesterday. You lay it on thick when you win and that has irked people. You have set yourself up for a fall. You said it was an "utter gift" to back Hanescu not once, but twice, in the same sentence. You made it sound like it was the best bet the world has ever seen. It clearly wasn't. From a personal point of view, you are knowledgeable about tennis but your betting technique needs refined. And your knowledge is superficial sometimes. I've lost count of the number of players who hustle on clay ... I enjoy having your tips on here but you court controversy more than Radek Stepanek ever has. You hit your fair share of winners and I applaude that but there is room for improvement (IMO). If you want to depart, fine. I suspect some will miss you - I've seen a steady number of followers for you - but many won't. It says something about your psyche that after one bad bet, you're off. I don't think you can handle it. A little like Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, you're a bottle merchant.

Re: April 30-May 6 Munich - BMW OPEN Cilic vs Youzhny over 22.5 games @1.87 at Unibet I just base on the stats here. H2H Cilic vs Youzhny 2:5, and out of the last 6 matches they played, 5 times it went over 22.5 games. Both are doing fine so far, both wasn't broken their last match. This could be tight.

Perhaps it's not the 10/10 but more your attitude and arrogance that makes people want to revel in your losses. I don't think anyone likes seeing someone use massive dancing bananas to welcome a winning bet. Nor do they enjoy your "I'm the best tipster ever" mantra that you preached as recently as yesterday. You lay it on thick when you win and that has irked people. You have set yourself up for a fall. You said it was an "utter gift" to back Hanescu not once, but twice, in the same sentence. You made it sound like it was the best bet the world has ever seen. It clearly wasn't. From a personal point of view, you are knowledgeable about tennis but your betting technique needs refined. And your knowledge is superficial sometimes. I've lost count of the number of players who hustle on clay ... I enjoy having your tips on here but you court controversy more than Radek Stepanek ever has. You hit your fair share of winners and I applaude that but there is room for improvement (IMO). If you want to depart, fine. I suspect some will miss you - I've seen a steady number of followers for you - but many won't. It says something about your psyche that after one bad bet, you're off. I don't think you can handle it. A little like Guillermo Garcia-Lopez, you're a bottle merchant.
That's jus my enthusiasm for betting, I genuinely believed it was Hanescu's to lose and the bookies had made a mistake here, possibly a bit naive, but there you go. There were echo's that Rosol served well in his last match, but considering Kubot's lack of defensive qualities 96% first serves won proved inconclusive to me. In regard to my knowledge, thanks, I've played a lot competitively over the years and I understand the psychological aspects of what a player has to encounter. Sometimes it can be superficial? Ah, well, the "hustler" term, to me, a hustler in tennis is some who tires out their opponent and then pounces on their opportunity ... a Muhammad Ali for instance ... floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee? In my defense, when I have used this term in my write-up my tip has often won and the player won due to their "hustling" qualities. Course there is room for improvement, but I don't see how that is relevant to sarci comments from other posters? I have my technique in posting tips, surely its my prerogative to post those tips in whichever fashion I choose? Its no ones right to take stabs at me for having my own fashion in posting write-ups, I am a little OTT with my write-ups, but I always provide a substance to my pick. Atko, lol, I'm not bottling it after one bad bet, I jus find there to be a double standard going on here Atko, if I defend myself against posters, I'm literally banned for it.... but when someone has a dig @ me its unseen to. I feel they are getting away with first degree murder, whilst I am there getting done for shop-lifting a bag of pic-n-mix sweets. Anyway, I've decided I'm only going to take a time-out from tipping and I'll make a return at the French Open. I'll check back here for the obvious quality write-ups from yourself, Slider, Homungulus and IAmGooner .. but that's it, until the French anyway.

Re: April 30-May 6 I appreciate the reply but it's time to go. There are a lot of people who don't want you here. You cause too much trouble. It's only going to get even more messy as the season goes on. This happened last year and it is happening again, right now. Every few months this discussion crops up. It's too much of a coincidence for it to be happening countless times. I know you won't agree, but for the forum as a whole, it's not worth the aggro. I wish you all the best with your betting. But truly, the forum needs you out of its hair. Adieu.

I appreciate the reply but it's time to go. There are a lot of people who don't want you here. You cause too much trouble. It's only going to get even more messy as the season goes on. This happened last year and it is happening again, right now. Every few months this discussion crops up. It's too much of a coincidence for it to be happening countless times. I know you won't agree, but for the forum as a whole, it's not worth the aggro. I wish you all the best with your betting. But truly, the forum needs you out of its hair. Adieu.
Is it forever?

I appreciate the reply but it's time to go. There are a lot of people who don't want you here. You cause too much trouble. It's only going to get even more messy as the season goes on. This happened last year and it is happening again, right now. Every few months this discussion crops up. It's too much of a coincidence for it to be happening countless times. I know you won't agree, but for the forum as a whole, it's not worth the aggro. I wish you all the best with your betting. But truly, the forum needs you out of its hair. Adieu.
As far as I am concerned, I found ImLovingit's self-overappreciating habits funny rather than annoying. He gave this forum kinda atmosphere, though perhaps this may have upset some people. I don't know. It was not upsetting me. I learned how to read him. I would vote for letting him here, cos he was improving IMO, his dancing bananas gradually grew smaller :-), and his bets vere mostly value. But you 've got the correct access buttons, so you are the boss, you rule. I am not going to discuss this issue anymore.

Re: April 30-May 6 No don't ban ImLovinIt. Isn't it a bit harsh? He's a good tipster and has nice write ups, interesting to read. It's entirely depends on the reader whether to follow his tips or not. To me he's just sharing his own opinions and it's his freedom to do so. He benefits nothing from this. And why banning posters who argue on a bet? It's a good thing to see more reasons why bets will or will not be successful. I really wish we can keep everyone.

No don't ban ImLovinIt. Isn't it a bit harsh? He's a good tipster and has nice write ups' date=' interesting to read. It's entirely depends on the reader whether to follow his tips or not. To me he's just sharing his own opinions and it's his freedom to do so. He benefits nothing from this. And why banning posters who argue on a bet? It's a good thing to see more reasons why bets will or will not be successful. I really wish we can keep everyone.[/quote'] Totaly agree

Re: April 30-May 6 I agree that he's a decent tipster. He's proved that over the past few months. I have also enjoyed reading his bets. I will not argue that fact one little bit. What can't be condoned is the attitude. For every person that enjoys it, there are double who don't. Many tipsters (IMO better than ImLovinIt) have fizzled out because of him. The attitude dilutes the quality and it rubs people up the wrong way. This isn't just my decision. It's been argued constantly by all the mods for quite some time now. He was asked by the person who owns this site to tone down his attitude and it's not happened. He must've had three or four chances to sort it out. This has been coming. He was banned last year for many attitude issues and was let back in on the proviso that it wouldn't happen again. I honestly would prefer to have him here too, but the aura around the thread with him here just isn't good enough. As I said, I know some people aren't happy about it, but he's too much of a troublemaker.

Re: April 30-May 6 RIP ImLovingIt - His candle burned out long before his legend ever will............. ;) Seems Veic was in a bit of trouble against Nieminen(struggling with the wind) before the match got rained out at 5-3 *40-15 so maybe the re-schedule will help him tomorrow. It appears Nieminen has withdrawn from Madrid as well in order to keep himself fresh; so a big part of my reasoning for a Veic victory has been negated. Jarkko obviously wants to do well here.

Re: April 30-May 6 unbekievable, the most colorful pubter is banned thanks to a newcomer who has not made a single contribution to the forum. iamlovungit your bragging style was certainly not ali stuff but more like a fierce latino fighter, duran perhaps? you will be missed

unbekievable' date=' the most colorful pubter is banned thanks to a newcomer who has not made a single contribution to the forum. iamlovungit your bragging style was certainly not ali stuff but more like a fierce latino fighter, duran perhaps? you will be missed[/quote'] If you're talking about me - sorry. Well, I reallly don't fully get the strict policy of this forum. I do understand ImLovinIt's way of thinking and yeah - he doesn't give people the chance to say an opinion that differs from his, but I am not sure if that's a big enough reason for him being kicked out of here. I guess him getting banned would just take away some of the charm of this place, if I can say so.

Re: April 30-May 6 Lopez - Tomic This odds will be also available on Pinnacle, but this had some problems during maintenance. Love to back Lopez here on clay. The number 16th of the ATP World Tour ranking playing at the most times good on this surface, also the last weeks. In Barcelona he showing some good tennis against Ferrer and lost unlucky in a long 3 sets match. Here in Munich he will playing good against Stakhovsky. He must be saved one breakpoint in this match and he had a 1st service % of 67%, what is normally for him. Tomic on clay it will be a story with 2 sides. This year he make some good steps after a long period where he can't win matches on this surface. But he had a long match today against Starace and that will be not good for the fitness of this youngster. 3/10 Lopez ML @ 1.70 Unibet

Re: April 30-May 6 wow. drama in the forum.. just wanted to say im one of his silent followers, always came in to check his write ups, attitude wise i thought he was really flamboyantly funny. anyways, good luck with your bets gentlemen

Re: April 30-May 6 Bautista-Agut to beat Granollers-Pujol Tunis Challenger @3.50 Bwin(3/10) Bit of a risk with this bet seeing that Granollers-Pujol crushed Bautista-Agut on their last meeting on clay in Valencia 6-2 6-2(was 5yrs ago though,2007).A meeting of the inform Bautsita-Agut who has played very well so far in 2012(26w/9L on all surfaces) & two weeks ago took down the Rome Challenger beating Machado in the final. Last round disposed of Zeballos who in recent weeks have given the big guns a competitive match Isner,Querry.Granoller-Pujol is simply not playing well & last tournament at Barcelona got crushed 6-2 6-2 by Gil.H2H meetings between the two reads a 2-1 lead to Granollers.My confidence rating is lower in this game as in the past I'm a bit wary of betting two much when two countrymen/women meet.(usual max is 6pts).In the past it has thrown up some strange results.Should be a very close game but at the price of 3.50 I'm on the inform Bautita-Agut. :hope

Ruffin tb Dusan Lojda @ 4/9 in Ostrava Chardy tb Ilhan 2-0 @ 10/11 in Tunisia Lopez tb Tonic @ 4/6 in Munich Treble over 7/2 Stake €25 I guess all 3 picks can go wrong and sorry I can't give much insight but in theory all 3 should win if they serve well although Tomic is a real threat to Lopez. Small stake of £25 on the treble. Good luck with everyone's picks today awkward fixtures this week. Sent from my ST18i using PL Forum

unbekievable' date=' the most colorful pubter is banned thanks to a newcomer who has not made a single contribution to the forum. iamlovungit your bragging style was certainly not ali stuff but more like a fierce latino fighter, duran perhaps? you will be missed[/quote'] I totally agree.All Shor has brought is conflict from his very first post.Imlovingit brought energy, humour and a load of great tips. I found his approach refreshing and always looked foward to reading his posts.If you asked all the watchers of this forum who they would want to stay and who to go Shor would be gone.I for one won't enjoy coming here so much now, not just because of all the winners im gonna miss that Imlovingit would have posted but because I love tennis betting and his imput was extremely valuable in more ways than one.

Re: April 30-May 6 I always like quarter-final Friday and there's plenty of decent matches to get our teeth into today. - Richard Gasquet -6 games AH (v Daniel Munoz-De La Nava in Estoril) @ 1.96 with panbet 5pts Munoz-De La Nava has done really well to get here but hasn't got what it takes to run Gasquet close on clay. The Frenchman destroyed Lorenzi 6-1 6-1 in the last round and that's ominous form. Clay is one of his best surfaces and he normally plays well at this time of year. Massive gulf in class and judging by Gasquet's performance on Wednesday, I can see him dishing out a 6-1 or a 6-2 which should seal the line. - Gilles Muller +4 games AH (v Andreas Seppi in Belgrade) @ 1.99 with panbet 4pts Seppi has won all their encounters but two of the three have seen Muller come close and I reckon the Luxembourg national can do the same again. Seppi's a strange player. Good man to back on a plus but never sits well as a huge favourite. Big clash of styles as Seppi will sit at the back of the court and look to dictate while Muller is more aggressive and will come to the net. Muller has done well this week, beating Lacko and Schwank, and although Seppi is a step up, the Italian has enough foibles for me - especially mental - to go against with a +4 line. - Lukas Rosol +2.5 games (v Pablo Andujar in Belgrade) @ 1.99 with panbet 3pts Rosol's performances this week have been good. He's been serving exceptionally well and has a lot of power. When he clicks, he's a dangerous player in this sort of event. He did well at Roland Garros last year and the clay suits his game as he has more time to line up his big shots. Andujar's got more variety and nous in his locker but he also has a very flaky serve and I can see Rosol getting the breaks. The Spaniard has also played a lot of tennis recently and there were signs against Volandri that fatigue is catching up with him. Lower stake but Rosol could do some damage here. :hope

Re: April 30-May 6 I've had a wee think about this and wondered if we should be more tolerant and let him back in. I have always said that he's a good tipster and agree that he adds character to the forum. But, and you all have to understand this, that his attitude has also irked many. I'd like to get guarantees from him that he'll tone down the attitude FOR GOOD - and I also want people not to bait him. The majority of mods agreed on his ban because of the issues he's caused but I also realise he has his place here. I want feedback from everyone here. For the moment, I'm going to lift the ban on ImLovinIt. Please don't abuse it.