** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

MLB: April 27th 2012 Picks

20-20 -0.47 units (50%) Indians +126 to bet 1 unit @ 5dimes Hoping that Masterson can bounce back after a few really bad starts... Red Sox -112 to win 1 unit @ 5dimes At least I can say there offense is getting it going, that pitching though will have me sitting on the edge all night.

Have played yankees at 11/10 to beat detroit tonight based on the poor record of verlander in new york where its something like five winless visits for him. Granted counting the one inning effort in the playoffs before the rain came last year is a little harsh. My main concern here is nova. Heck of a streak he is on since his last recorded loss and all streaks have to come to an end. Lets hope it isnt tonight! Am also toying with the angels and phillies but something at the moment nagging me not to pull the trigger. If i cant resist i will be back later to put them up lol Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: MLB: April 27th 2012 Picks NY Yankees -1.5 @ 3.22 pinnacle Nova is 3-0, with a 3.79 ERA as he allowed 2 runs on 7 hits in the 6-2 win over Boston. He has received some run support and like him to contain the Detroit bats who ae having some struggles hitting the ball. Verlander is 2-1, with a 1.72 ERA as he allowed 1 run on 4 hits in 6 innings in the 3-2 win over Texas. He has gone 4-3 with a 4.97 ERA against the Yankees, and is 0-2 with a 4.26 ERA in 4 starts in NY. If the Yankees bats are patient, they can see off Verlander who has been throwing quite a few pitches of late, and then hit their bullpen. Houston -1.5 @ 3.10 pinnacle Rodriguez is 1-2, but with a low 1.42 ERA as he allowed just 1 run on 5 hits in the 1-0 loss to Washington and then followed that performance with 3 hits allowed in the 12-0 win over the Los Angeles Dodgers. Though he is 0-4 with a 4.44 ERA in his last 5 starts in Cincinnati, but they need their batters to be more consistent at the plat. They may get their chance here as Leake is 0-2, with a 6.50 ERA as he allowed 5 runs on 10 hits in the 6-1 loss to the Chicago Cubs. He is 2-2 with a 4.34 ERA in 5 starts against Houston, and allowed 7 runs in the 10-4 loss last May. Take the better pitcher, and hope that the Astros who can hit, will make successive hits to bring the runners home St Louis -1.5 @ 2.77 pinnacle Westbrook is 2-1, with a low 1.31 ERA as he allowed both runs in the 2-0 loss to Pittsburgh. He has gone 1-3 with a 3.08 ERA in 6 starts against Milwaukee, as he has received little run support for his efforts. This may change here as they face Gallardo who is 1-1 with a 3.65 ERA but has struggled against the Cardinals in the past, going 1-8 with a high 6.17 ERA, as their bats have hit him well. The Cardinals have won 4 of their last 5 home games, while the Brewers have lost their last 4 road games, while allowing 27 runs, so like the home team to win the first game of this series Record: 31-51(-7.86)

Re: MLB: April 27th 2012 Picks Dbacks (m/l) 1pt @ 2.21 Bet365 Joe Saunders (1-1, ERA 1.29) can keep an ineffectual Marlins offense quiet, and hopefully get some support from the likes of Goldschmidt and Upton on their way to kicking off a 10-game road trip in winning fashion. At odds against I think they're good enough value just to take the m/l

Re: MLB: April 27th 2012 Picks Just the one other bet for me tonight, another m/l pick Nationals (m/l) 1pt @ 2.68 Bet365 Think the Nationals are overpriced for their visit to the Dodgers, Ross Detwiler has given up just a single earned run in 3 appearances this season, going 2-0 in those 3 (fortunate to avoid the loss against the Reds admittedly) with an ERA of 0.56 and a WHIP of 0.94. It will be no easy task for the Nationals offense facing up to Clayton Kershaw on the mound for the hosts, but in what I anticipate to be a low-scoring attritional game, where the first to blink will end up with the L, such a large odds-against quote for one of the sides looks wrong.