** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Final Table Up Now

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now Just to make it clear that points for bonus horses only count from King George day onwards, not this weekend. I noticed Bated Breath has been chosen by a few but it won't get points as a bonus horse for the July Cup if that was what people were thinking. These will be the bonus races left: [TABLE=class: bonusRaces]

[TR] [TD=class: race]King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes[/TD] [TD](Ascot 21 July)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: month]AUGUST[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Sussex Stakes[/TD] [TD](Goodwood 1 August)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]International Stakes[/TD] [TD](York 22 August)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Nunthorpe Stakes[/TD] [TD](York 24 August)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: month]SEPTEMBER[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Irish Champion Stakes[/TD] [TD](Leopardstown 8 September)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]St Leger Stakes[/TD] [TD](Doncaster 15 September)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: month]OCTOBER[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe[/TD] [TD](Longchamp 7 October)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Champion Stakes[/TD] [TD](Ascot 20 October)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Queen Elizabeth II Stakes[/TD] [TD](Ascot 20 October)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now All change at the top as CPO slips from 1st to 5th and The Saint makes his way to the top with BH holding on for 2nd place. Smith17 is only 2pts behind BH in 3rd, Boyd is 13pts back in 4th. 12 players have broken the 300pt barrier so far. The Saint has a fine 75 pts for So You Think but it is now retired so he will have to be wise with bonus horses. At the other end of the table Jay is propping us up with a paltry 64pts, Cowan and Stallionboy make up the bottom 3. Plenty of bonus points available (see above post for bonus races) and it looks like it could be one of the closest we've had for years. [TABLE]

[TR] [TD=class: xl63]The Saint[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, width: 64, align: right]386[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Billyhills[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]368[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Smith17[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]366[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Boyd[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]353[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]CPO[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]350[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Kevsul[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]338[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Mowgli77[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]328[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Who?Me?[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]328[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]The Rat[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]323[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Edberg[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]312[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Jushawes[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]311[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Bathtime For Rupert[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]301[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Monterosso[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]287[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Bogside[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]278[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Corky[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]266[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Aidymac[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]261[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Richard Westwood[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]237[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Stewartd14[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]234[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Bowles10[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]228[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Whoneedsrio[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]201[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Robertob[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]171[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Santos[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]152[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Mamba[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]146[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Russ P[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]138[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Stallionboy[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]112[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Cowan[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]102[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: xl63]Jayalexander[/TD] [TD=class: xl63, align: right]64[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now

Just to make it clear that points for bonus horses only count from King George day onwards, not this weekend. I noticed Bated Breath has been chosen by a few but it won't get points as a bonus horse for the July Cup if that was what people were thinking. These will be the bonus races left: [TABLE=class: bonusRaces] [TR] [TD=class: race]King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes[/TD] [TD](Ascot 21 July)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: month]AUGUST[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Sussex Stakes[/TD] [TD](Goodwood 1 August)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]International Stakes[/TD] [TD](York 22 August)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Nunthorpe Stakes[/TD] [TD](York 24 August)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: month]SEPTEMBER[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Irish Champion Stakes[/TD] [TD](Leopardstown 8 September)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]St Leger Stakes[/TD] [TD](Doncaster 15 September)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: month]OCTOBER[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe[/TD] [TD](Longchamp 7 October)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Champion Stakes[/TD] [TD](Ascot 20 October)[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: race]Queen Elizabeth II Stakes[/TD] [TD](Ascot 20 October)[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]
Nah, need something for the Nunthorpe Phil, got the others covered:lol

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now + latest leaderboard Dropped back a bit unfortunately but should have something to challenge in most races left now. I do quite like Ortensia for the July Cup but will be really hoping for Bated Breath/Sole Power to do the business in that and the Nunthorpe. Need my more unique picks to get in the points now with Harbour Watch and Akeed Mofeed coming back from injury so they could have decent second halves of the season. Still a bit annoyed about The Fugue in the Oaks though! Hoping I've picked the right older 1m4f horse in Nathaniel as a bonus.

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now + latest leaderboard Probably not the wisest move considering the races left but I'll go with the two most impressive 3yo fillies I've seen this year thus far: Great Heavens Princess Highway

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now + latest leaderboard

Probably not the wisest move considering the races left but I'll go with the two most impressive 3yo fillies I've seen this year thus far: Great Heavens Princess Highway
There not on the list mate :ok I'll have Nathaniel and Sea Moon please

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now + latest leaderboard Wasn't expecting that!! Thought I had tailed off a bit to be honest.... Think my list has Black Caviar and So You Think in it so all to play for.... I'll go for St Nicholas Abbey and Nathaniel as my 2 bonus horses please....:D

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now + latest leaderboard

Wasn't expecting that!! Thought I had tailed off a bit to be honest.... Think my list has Black Caviar and So You Think in it so all to play for.... I'll go for St Nicholas Abbey and Nathaniel as my 2 bonus horses please....:D
Same 2 I've just added in the official competition and the same 2 I'm going to add on here. It was between them and then Sea Moon and a sprinter but I think one of them could win at Ascot and one could win the Arc, that's what I'm hoping anyway. St Nick and Nathaniel for me too. Should have add Nathaniel from the start. Strong Suit, Maybe, Dabirsim and Nephrite have been bloody useless.

Same 2 I've just added in the official competition and the same 2 I'm going to add on here. It was between them and then Sea Moon and a sprinter but I think one of them could win at Ascot and one could win the Arc, that's what I'm hoping anyway. St Nick and Nathaniel for me too. Should have add Nathaniel from the start. Strong Suit, Maybe, Dabirsim and Nephrite have been bloody useless.
Yeah - I got nothing left in the middle distance races since SYT has been retired... Would rather be double handed to 2 bonus races than try and pick the winner of the Nunthorpe... An impossibility imho...:unsure

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely. I've had a couple of Grp1 winners in The Fugue and Meandre but REALLY could have done with Nathaniel winning the KG.
I was lucky as I have Danedream. Think Nathaniel gets points for 2nd? I also have Moonlight Cloud who has won recently with Wizz Kidd in 2nd

Re: PL 10 to follow Flat 2012 Competition - Add Bonus Horses Now + latest leaderboard I was wating on up to date scores the other weekend but all scores were about 4 days behind. I'll do an update after York as I'm off work Wed-Fri and then it's Bank Holiday on Monday. I picked Nathaniel with a view to it being a King George and Arc horse, looks like Danedream could actually do both instead, classy type. I also have no sprinters so can't get any points for the Nunthorpe.