** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts - Week 12

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 26 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Painter, K (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.57 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.33 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.10 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Whitlock, S (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.37 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Van Barneveld, R (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Lewis, A v Anderson, G (21:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.65 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.66 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 12 5 in total for me tonight as the PL enters the final few weeks in the race for the semis. James Wade vs Kevin Painter- Over 5.5 180s- 5/6 Blue Square- (3/10) After last weeks win over Gary Anderson, it leaves Kevin Painter in with a tiny chance of making the semis but he will know full well that a loss will effectively rule him out so he should be really up for tonight. To be completely honest though, Painter didn't have to produce anything special to beat the defending champ last week, as an average of 90 was enough to get the victory and he will need to improve on that tonight which I expect him to do. James Wade is rightfully the favourite in this one though but he may still be thinking about last week's draw against Andy Hamilton, a match in which he had 2 darts at D10 to take the lead at 7-5 and throw for the match but it wasn't to be. I do expect Wade to win, however I'm not confident enough to back him with the handicap. Instead I'm looking towards the 180s in this match as the line looks a tad low to me. Although both players are not especially known for their heavy scoring, both have scored relatively well of late and found the treble bed with ease. In fact, James Wade in the last 7 weeks, has hit at least 4 180s on the night on 5 ocassions, including 4 last week against Andy Hamilton which shows how well he is scoring right now. Painter has hit at least 3 in each of the past 4 weeks as well which says to me that this line is on the low side. Both players have something to play for so the motivation will be there and I expect a pretty tight match in which we will see at least 6 maximums scored. Simon Whitlock (+3.5 legs) to beat Phil Taylor- 10/11 BetVictor- (3/10) From what I saw of Taylor last week, I'm happy to oppose him with the handicap again this week. Despite leading 5-4 at one point, Taylor then didn't win a leg from that point on and missed a ton of doubles which is something we haven't seen from the Power so far in the PL and he's maybe not as pumped as he was given he has qualified with ease. Plenty of smiles on stage and he looked as though he was treating it as more of an exhibition than anything else which is why I would give Whitlock a chance tonight. Since the drubbing he suffered at the hands of James Wade, he has bounced back with 3 straight wins including that over Barney last week. Neither the Dutchman or Whitlock really played that well last week, and Whitlock will have to score more heavily and finish better if he is going to trouble Taylor. However, if Whitlock does finish well, he has the scoring power to keep up with Taylor and I do feel he will get some chances. Both players will know they are more or less guaranteed a semi spot but I feel Whitlock has more to prove to himself more than anyone else here. He averaged over 105 against Taylor in the return fixture in the league, and still only managed to win 4 legs as Taylor was on fire. The Power I don't feel is playing as well as he was though and that's shown by him having a few loose scores and missing a few doubles so I'll back the Aussie to make the most of a below-par Taylor and win at least 5 legs here. Raymond van Barneveld to beat Andy Hamilton- 4/5 William Hill- (4/10) Fancy Barney in this one after the disappointing performance he put in against Whitlock last week. It was the worst the Dutchman has played in the tournament as we've sort of come to expect a 3 figure average from him in recent weeks but he averaged below 90 last week and I'm sure he will want to put that right tonight. Barney beat Hamilton 8-6 in the first match the two guys played in the league, but it's worth noting Hamilton led 6-4 at one point and missed doubles to clinch a draw before Barneveld stepped in and claimed the 2 points so Hamilton will want to make up for that I'm sure. Hamilton actually hasn't won a match since the opening week which is a pretty astonishing stat and anything less than a win tonight, you'd have to say he is virtually out on contention for a top 4 place. Barney though has a far greater chance of pipping Wade to that fourth spot I feel given Wade has to play Taylor still, something which Barney doesn't have to do. Missed doubles were a problem for the Dutchman last week but I don't expect him to be missing as many as he did last week as his finishing has generally been pretty good in the tournament. Both should score heavily but you have to feel this is Barney's moment to shine and show us that his mentality is good by bouncing back from a disappointing result and following it with a good performance so I'll back him to make it 2 wins out of 2 against Hamilton in the league. Adrian Lewis (-2.5 legs) to beat Gary Anderson- Evens Blue Square- (4/10) Was always going to take the handicap on Lewis here with Anderson playing the way he is at the minute. The defending champ is in real trouble here and even if he won tonight, I still think he has too much to do to make the semis and deep down, he will know that as well. The Scot has only picked up 1 point from his last 7 matches and even that draw against Hamilton he was struggling at one point before missing doubles for the match. His scoring simply hasn't been heavy enough for him to remain competitive given his inability to hit doubles consistently and the distinct lack of 180s from the Scot is a huge worry for him and his fans. Adrian Lewis is now odds on to make the semis after a poor start in the league but that win over Taylor last week will have done wonders for his confidence and he'll look to build on his excellent recent form. His scoring remains heavy and his finishing has got better as the league has gone on which spells trouble for Anderson in this match. The news of his father passing away hasn't helped his cause in the league but the fact is he simply hasn't played well enough to make the semis. Lewis throws first so only one break of throw is needed to cover the handicap and that's the minimum I expect from the world champion here. Anderson is always likely to be chasing Lewis here and that's an additional worry I have for Anderson, as he isn't going to find it easy to chase a guy of Lewis' ability and I'd expect Lewis to win pretty comfortably tonight in the final match. Raymond van Barneveld Most 180s on Night- 8/1 William Hill- (1/10) I've already spoken about Barney and his match against Hamilton so I won't repeat what I've said too much. I expect the Dutchman to really bounce back this week after the loss to Whitlock last time round and if he plays how he has been playing before last week, this 8/1 price will look generous. Barney knows he desperetely needs a win here to try and force himself into the top 4 and that could lead to him producing something special tonight. What I also like about taking Barney here in his opponent. Hamilton is a heavy scorer himself and will hit a few maximums, and as we've seen so far in the league, an opponent playing well has spurred Barney on to produce special darts. When Taylor was hitting everything earlier on in the league, that led Barney to a 105 average, and since then he has hit the heights of 107 and 112 where he has hit 5 maximums a piece. If he managed that many tonight, he is well in contention in this market. The main threats are probably Lewis and Whitlock, but I'm not convinced Lewis will even have enough time to rack to rack the 180s up against Anderson as he wins comfortably in my books, whilst Whitlock plays Taylor so he'll be more concerned on the man he is playing rather than his own game you feel. Barney looks to be back to somewhere near his best this season, and if he can get going tonight, I think he is well worth a punt at 8/1 to hit the most 180s on the night.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 12 Two for me tonight. 5pts A.Lewis (-2.5 legs) to beat G.Anderson Evs Blue Square I think this price on this handicap is massive because technically if Lewis wins then by virtue of throwing first he should win 8-5 as opposed to 8-6. From what we've seen in recent weeks Lewis would appear to be a good thing to win. Since he had that night with two matches he has knuckled down and beaten Wade and Taylor while Anderson only has a draw to show to his name from his last seven matches. Anderson isn't scoring like we know he can and he looks like a player with a lot on his mind, which is understandable given the problems he's had away from the oche in recent weeks. A defeat here leaves Anderson out of the competition but I've seen nothing to suggest he is going to beat the world champion now that Lewis has found something like his best form. Lewis will be high on confidence having beaten Taylor last week while Anderson can't have much confidence at all so I firmly believe Lewis will win this and win it no worse than 8-5. 3pts R.Barneveld vs A.Hamilton to be match with most 180's 3/1 Boylesports There are a few matches tonight which could have a few 180's in it but the other two, Taylor vs Whitlock and Lewis vs Anderson, could turn out to be a little one sided whereas I think this match will quite close all the way through and we might even see the full 14 legs in it. One thing we know about this match is we have a couple of players who can hit a lot of 180's and you wouldn't be surprised were there to be at least 8 180's in this match if not more. I don't think the opening match of the night will be so much of an issue in the 180's department and if the other two are one sided and if Gary Anderson still doesn't find any scoring consistency then I think this match will have every chance of having the most in the evening. Barneveld hit 5 180's against Hamilton in the reverse fixture but Hamilton didn't hit any. You wouldn't expect the Stokie to hit none tonight so I think 3/1 is a decent price on two genuinely heavy 180 scorers to have the most 180's in their match tonight.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 12 Left it too late to post really, sorry... 1.25 pts Taylor to beat Whitlock 8-1 @ 11/2 Ladbrokes 1.25 pts Taylor to beat Whitlock 8-3 @ 4/1 Ladbrokes Whitlock averaged 105 last time v Taylor and The Power still managed to take him by 2 breaks, and after last week's loss to Lewis I imagine Taylor will be out to make amends in no uncertain manner. Taking him by 2 and 3 breaks of throw against Whitlock, who can be fragile.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 12 1.25pts Hamilton to beat Barneveld 8-5 @ 9/1 Lads 1.25pts Hamilton to beat Barneveld 8-3 @ 20/1 Coral 0.5pts Hamilton/Barneveld to draw 7-7 @ 5/1 Lads Think The Hammer is fair value tonight to beat Barneveld. Hamilton absolutely unequivocally has to win, and even then likely won't be enough come Newcastle in a fortnight, and faces a Barney coming off by far his worst display of the PL season last week. Contradictory, I realise, after suggesting Taylor would come out firing after his worst display last week, but the pair are different animals, and Barney can let things get on top of him. Another factor I think may play on Barney's mind slightly is having seen Wade rescue a point from that opening match from 2 breaks and 4-7 down. I am covering the draw as a saver also, as Barney has on a couple of occasions this season come back from late breaks to rescue draws. 1.25pts Anderson to beat Lewis 8-6 @ 10/1 Betfred 1.25pts Anderson to beat Lewis 8-4 @ 16/1 Coral 0.5pts Lewis/Anderson to draw 7-7 @ 11/2 Boylesports As with the previous game, I just think the value in this clash is with the Scot. Lewis threw as he can last week, but I can't forget just how long it took him to actually get a win on the board, so wouldn't like to be taking him at odds-on - although the Evens for the -2.5 the other guys have taken does make sense. These two are frustrating sometimes, up one week and down the next, I'm just trusting my gut that Anderson is going to actually hit his doubles this week, which if he does so he is good enough to beat Lewis, who also isn't always on his game.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 12 Cheers, not too sure how I feel about those games!! I was lucky with the Taylor score coming in, but then both Hamilton and Anderson got off to good starts and couldn't hold on. That 7th leg for Hamilton, where he missed x4, x2 and x1 :wall 4pts profit, but still behind over the course of the season