** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL: Round 8 2012

blackcrow

Dragons -7.5 @ 1.99 centrebet Dragons showed some good form and their defence did well to hold out the Knights 12-4. With Cooper returning to the backline, they look much stronger out wide, and look to him to do some damage to the Roosters who are coming off a 50-12 hiding by the Cowboys. Like the Dragons to use their defence to contain the Roosters and stifle their attack. They should get a shorter field to operate with, and then like them to use their very good kicking game to create tries for them around the line. The Dragons have won 6 of their last 8 games against the Roosters, and have won 7 of their last 10 games on Anzac Day, so take them here to win by at least 8 points Storm -9.5 @ 2.05 centrebet While the Warriors showed a return to form with a 44-22 win over the Rabbitohs, their defence continues to be a concern, as they miss too many tackles and then they make too many mistakes with the ball. This is a big worry for them as the Storm have been making teams to pay for these kind of mistakes. Though the Warriors have won 3 of their last 4 meetings with the Storm, the Storm have been dominant this season, while the Warriors have not been. Like the Storm to get some revenge on them for getting knocked in the grand final qualifier last year. Record: 18-34 (-3.49)

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 How is it that the unbeaten Storm are 1.41 (Vic TAB price) to beat the Warriors who are ranked 9th, but were priced lower against a better team in the Bulldogs only a week prior? Doesn't make sense to me. I know the Warriors had a good win against the Rabbitohs at home, but on the road they have been miserable against average opposition. Am I missing something here or are the bookies factoring in the fact that the Warriors of last season beat the Storm twice at AAMI park. Personally I wouldn't have thought that would have anything to do with it.

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 The Warriors have an awesome record against the Storm in Melbourne and they play an unpredictable style of football that can cause Melbourne problems. Conversely, the Bulldogs are very predictable in how they play. It's much easier for the Storm to grind the Bulldogs down than it is the Warriors due to how they play. Purely a match-up thing.

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 I have Dragons -6.5 and over 35.5 points @ 3.55 (Sportingbet) - I think the Dragons will turn up here, the Roosters just haven't been respecting the ball and the last thing you want to do with the Dragons is give them easy possesion when they are the masters at grinding teams down, in saying that I think their stars will be looking to put their hands up for origin births, good luck all. Edit* Also Sportingbet are running a 40% bonus if your head to head bet wins by 10 points or more so threw a little on St George and also Melbourne later H2H.

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 What a game! Overs got there shame about the margin..the H2H was never in doubt..:p Think both teams rode their luck alot in the game, the Dragons were suprisingly impatient and sloppy which let the Roosters back in the game but they managed to get out of jail with two late tries, quality watch none the less. I'm on Over 36.5 points @ 1.95 (Sportingbet) Quick turn around for alot of players in this game could make it an open free flowing game, the Warriors defence is suspect and they are also capable of anything with ball in hand so looking for the overs again in this one, also have the Melbourne head to head above.

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 Right with you on this one Mehman...Storm H2H and the over 36.5. Think we'll see a lot of points tonight if the Warriors form of 2012 continues. Been dreadful away from home and really poor defending their line. While the Storm's attack is mesmerising defenders at times with quick ball movement and multiple option running.

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012

Dragons -7.5 @ 1.99 :eyes Storm -9.5 @ 2.05 :)
Record: 19-35 (-3.44) Bulldogs -1.5 @ 2.08 pinnacle Bulldogs played quite well in losing to the Storm last time out and like to be refreshed for this game which sees their coach up against his old team. Expect him to have a few plans in place to expose the weaknesses of this Sea Eagles side that is not playing all that well, after losing to the Titans. The Bulldogs have been good defensively, as they is very few tackles, while they have been good at the offloads and busting the line. Like them to win this one as the Sea Eagles are not playing to what they are capable of, and wonder if there are problems in the dressing room, as they do not look like a happy lot when they play Broncos -15.5 @ 2.18 centrebet Broncos have been playing well, as they sit second on the ladder. They have been making good yards up the middle of the forwards which then allows their backs to create line breaks for their backs. Titans coming off a good win over the Sea Eagles but have struggled against the Broncos in the past as they have lost their last 5 meetings against them, and have wn 5 of their last 6 home games against them. Broncos look to have too much up front for them, and out wide.

Bulldogs -1.5 @ 2.08 :( Broncos -15.5 @ 2.18 :)
Record: 20-36 (-3.28) Rabbitohs -3.5 @ 2.27 centrebet Expect the Rabbitohs to bounce back after losing to the Warriors last week as they have a very good record against the Cowboys, winning 6 of the last 7 meetings. They have the forwards to compete with them, and if they can contain Bowen and Thurston, then like players like Inglis come into this. Both teams like to attack and score points while both defences leak, but with the Cowboys not the best team on the road, and especially against Souths, then the Rabbitohs may have that bit too much for them

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 I like Alot of points and a Cowboys victory tonight so i'm on Cowboys to win/Over 41.5 points at 3.35 (Sportingbet). Think the Cowboys have done enough consistantly to show that their away form hoodoo is passing, Lots of big boppers in this one, with two great packs, I expect the little blokes (Luke, Bowen..etc) to gain most from the amount of size on the field exploiting lazy forwards, just think the Cowboys pack is better and they have too much in attacking potential with Thurston always peaking when he needs to, unfortunately for us blues haha.

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 Cowboys 3-0 in away games so far this season. With a near full strength side bar the absence of Scott should run all over what is IMO a very average Rabbitohs team. Noticed in last nights Bulldogs Manly game Sportingbet advertising their best pick for the round is the Cowboys which is always a little off putting - the cynic in me sees it as a great method for squaring the ledger. Nonetheless still looks the correct play here. Cowboys ML @ 2.01 (Betfair) big stake Edit: Cowboys winning margin 13+ pts @ 4.60 (Betfair) small stake

Re: NRL: Round 8 2012 Cowboys don't show up for a whole half and it cost them. Like the Sharks today and maybe a sneaky on the Eels - I know they are rubbish, but they impressed me with the way the played 2 weeks ago at Toyota Park. They really pushed the Sharks all the way and could quite easily have tied or stolen the game late. If they show the same effort at home to the Tiges, then they're a real chance. Beat the Tigers Rd 18 last year at Parramatta Stadium.

Rabbitohs -3.5 @ 2.27 :)
Sharks -3.5 @ 2.27 centrebet Raiders have too many injuries for my liking to compete with the Sharks who have been rolling along quite nicely. They have a good pack of forwards, and in Carney, a very good organisor who can make some inroads here behind a forward moving pack. The Sharks are playing well as a unit and like them to be too good for them, as they look to make it 6 wins on the trot Tigers -9.5 @ 2.21 centrebet Tigers are coming off a very good win over the Panthers while the Eels were back to their woeful best as they have won just one game all season. They struggle to put up points as their forwards do not do enough to create some room for their backs. Marshall returned to form for the Tigers and he has the ability to slice through this Eels defence that has been pretty poor this year. While the Tigers have not been much better, just think that they may go on a run of wins as they look to have overcome some internal problems they have had Record: 21-36 (-2.01)