** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 23 - April 29

Re: April 23 - April 29

Montanes to beat Tomic @ Evens with 10bet Quite simple really, Tomic is a clay-court rookie and beating Istomin and Gulbis on the surface hasn't changed that. Montanes the clay court veteren has shown glimpses of his old self and I expect a good lesson to be taught here from the teacher to a pupil. 7.5/10 in the confidence stakes
Saved a few match points but came through in the end :D I'm sure Tomic was at his ultimate pushing best!

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giraldo to beat the try hard R, Haase @ 4/5 with Blue Square Robin Haase tries so hard bless him, his effort was rewarded last tournament where he relied on a retirement from Monaco and a hangover from Belluci (In beating Ferrer) to reach the quarter finals. He's essentially a hustler, a poor one at that really, but takes advantage of bigger players showing poor form. His strength is his serve, but that's about as far as it goes, his groundies are mediocre and I can't see how Giraldo an experienced clay court player can trip over here. He proved he could deal with a big serve on this surface by knocking out Istomin in his opening round match and I expect this to go pretty much the same wy. 8/10 in the confidence stakes
:D Oh bloody yeah! :D

Re: April 23 - April 29 I see already a lot of predictions on Lopez and Gil, so instead of writing the same stuff about them all over again, I would just say that I agree with the picks posted here. I will give my tips on the doubles matches in Barcelona today. Granollers/Lopez to beat Falla/Giraldo @1.36(Barcelona) Pff this one is a joke. With their performance in Monte Carlo last week, the spaniards showed they are a really, really strong doubles pair. Both are Barcelona natives and surely will be pumped up to the sky for this one. In the other side of the net we have the team of Falla/Giraldo who have a poor 3-13(win-loss) record and none of these 3 wins are significant actually. So I can't see anything other than a fast win by the spanish duo. Bryan/Bryan to beat Marrero/Verdasco @1.22(Barcelona) The americans are coming here in fantastic form, stream rolling every team in their way to clinch the Monte Carlo title in sunday. Last year they reached the final in Barcelona, losing a very close match against Gonzalez/Lipsky. Their opponents Marrero/Verdasco are a really good team, no doubt about it as they have 2 titles in the year(both on clay), they'll be playing in home as well, but judging by the current form of the Bryans, I think it's evident who the eventual winners are going to be. Mirnyi/Nestor to beat Haase/Nieminen @1.30(Barcelona) Well with two words, the current French Open champions going against the dutch/finnish team that achieved their first victory as a pair in the first round here. Mirnyi/Nestor played impressive last week in Monte Carlo, but weren't good enough for the Bryans in the final. Really nothing much to analyze about this encounter, easy win for the world's number 2 team. A combo of the 3 makes around 2.15. Good luck. :hope

Sorry for short previews today, need to take missus to work! Xavier Malisse +3 games AH (v Florian Mayer in Bucharest) @ 1.98 with panbet 3pts Good win for Malisse over Dimitrov in R1 and comes up against an out-of-form Mayer who has crashed out of tournaments pretty early recently. H2H is in Malisse's favour and has enough power to hit through the German. Think odds should be a lot closer here. Feliciano Lopez -2.5 games (v Flavio Cipolla in Barcelona) @ 1.88 with panbet 2pts Think the big difference here is serve. Lopez is going to get more cheap points and that'll be the main factor. Cipolla is in decent form and his "junk" game will get under the skin of many players, but he'll shoot himself in the foot too often on serve. Doesn't play with any power. Lopez won their meeting in straights in Australia last year and a -2.5 game line is surmountable even if he loses a set (which I don't think he will). Kevin Anderson (v Federico Delbonis in Barcelona) x Santiago Giraldo (v Robin Haase in Barcelona) @ 3.063 with panbet 1pt Chasing the odds here but feel it's worth it. Delbonis is more natural on clay but is too flaky on serve and mentally checks out. I'm a fan of Anderson. Rarely fails to turn up and has the serve and groundies to take this. Could be close but can't see him losing. Giraldo could be more difficult - him and Haase are fairly similar - but Haase's mental foibles and real lack of power and control for such a big guy put me in the direction of the Colombian, who won their only ever meeting last year. Jarkko Nieminen (v Eduardo Schwank in Barcelona) x Albert Ramos (v Benoit Paire in Barcelona) x Frederico Gil (v Joao Sousa in Barcelona) x Kei Nishikori (v Mikhail Kukushkin in Barcelona) @ 2.795 with panbet 1pt Fourfold but did well in the accys yesterday. Nieminen the fitter, stronger player in his match-up with Schwank, plus he leads H2H, so going with him. He battered a promising player in Marti in R1 too. Ramos in good form and more consistent than Paire. Also on home soil so reckon the lefty will prevail. Gil's playing well too - he destroyed Granollers - and he ought to beat his compatriot Sousa who came through qualies but is limited. Gil also leads H2H. And I've thrown in Nishikori. Potential top-10 player who is comfortable on the clay. Kukushkin needs a much quicker surface to get the best out of him and despite the score made a bit of meal of beating Gimeno-Traver. :hope
Still a few bets to go but looking good for a clean sweep. Superb stuff. I remember I used to do the three and four timers a couple of years with good success but then I abandoned it for some reason. I actually want Gil to beat Sousa now :D

Feliciano Lopez to beat Flavio Cipolla 2-0 @ 13/10 with Boylesport Feliciano has arrived, center stage, Barcelona Open a 500 event @ home and he will be giving 100% Cipolla is a pusher and is only even in the second round because he ran into an exhausted Lorenzi. The moment Cipolla defends of the slice backhand and by looping balls back into play from hard groundstrokes, Felly will close the net and put away the volley, Feliciano is one of the best volleyiers in the men's game and I can't see how Cipolla is passing him when he approaches the net. Cipolla has the weakest serve I have ever seen in men's tennis, it would look out of place on the WTA tour, infact I have a bigger serve. lol This will be a comprehensive win for Feliciano, probably won't even need his regulatory tie break granted how utterly shite Cipolla's serve is. LOL two second serves, literally..... 8/10 in the confidence stakes
Easy win.

Still a few bets to go but looking good for a clean sweep. Superb stuff. I remember I used to do the three and four timers a couple of years with good success but then I abandoned it for some reason. I actually want Gil to beat Sousa now :D
Just Gil to wait on now. Won't be able to take it in as playing tennis myself but hopeful he'll do it. Could back Sousa and guarantee profit but not usually one to lay off my bets. I'm fairly sure Gil can do the business. Best to stick with instinct. Today was the start of a new system, which includes bigger gaps between the points. Whatever happens it's been a profitable day but always nice to bring in a full house. By the way, you've been outstanding this season. Lots of very good calls week in, week out :ok I hope your form deserts you on the Sousa pick, however ;)

Considering I took 120 on it' date=' I think there is man, I hate it when results defy logic. :|[/quote'] Part of the law of punting though. You'll always get that. Nieminen more than capable of throwing a dropped set in here or there. Considering he was a break down in the third, he did well to recover and win the match.

Part of the law of punting though. You'll always get that. Nieminen more than capable of throwing a dropped set in here or there. Considering he was a break down in the third' date= he did well to recover and win the match.
I covered a tiny and closed my eyes.

Lopez - Cipolla Felicano Lopez will be facing here Cipolla. Cipolla had yesterday a very easily match against Lorenzi, who looks very tired in this match. Lopez impressived me in Houston, with his gameplay against Berlocq and Isner. Okay, this two players are not 100% on full fitness, but his groundstrokes are very good. I dont give Isner 2% in this match to win, against the very good Lopez. But last week he had showing some bad perfomance against Wawrinka. Cipolla playing well in Casablanca, but the results before that tournament are very poor for him. Now he will face a full fitness player, who have taken enough rest the last week and i think it will be very difficult for him to win this match. 1/10 Lopez -2.5 games @ 1.88 Pinnacle
Tomic - Montanes Nice odds here for the men who loves playing on clay and is on his way back after some injuries. Montanes showing some good perfomance the last 2 weeks. Playing good against Raonic in Monte Carlo and playing great the first round against Granollers. I think he will be fit enough for a bigger match, against a better player. The story about Tomic, we know this. Won last week his first match on clay in three years and showing some good perfomance. Bringing us today the money against Gulbis, but i think Montanes will be difficult to much for him. 2/10 Montanes ML @ 1.83 Pinnacle
Raonic - Andreev Very big dropping here. That is the reason it will be short here. Raonic playing well today, serving well and had some good groundstrokes. He have more quality than Andreev and maybe he can win it in straight sets. Andreev showing some good perfomance, but i think he can't handle the service and the hard groundstrokes from his opponent here. No matter this will be clay. 3/10 Raonic ML @ 1.67 Pinnacle
Nishikori - Kukushkin Nishikori will be facing Kukushkin here in his first match at Barcelona. I saw Nishikori playing last week and i was wondering about his perfomance what he showing on clay. Playing excellent in his matches and i think he had make big steps. Kukushkin playing well his first match, a comfortable win against Gimeno Traver but he must play better in this match if he want to win. 1/10 Nishikori tb. Kukushkin 2-0 @ 1.95 BWIN
Good day here!

Nice tips from ImLovinIt today. ImLovinIt and slider24 the best punters here for me. Thank You both. I hope that you will continue same way. Good luck!
Really, along with CzehPunter, Atko and Alovenac. Thanks to all of you and your effort

Nice tips from ImLovinIt today. ImLovinIt and slider24 the best punters here for me. Thank You both. I hope that you will continue same way. Good luck!
Thanks bro, Atko deserve's a mention though, he's a lot more consistent, I'm streaky, one day I'll hit 100% and then next I'll hit 5% .. I screw up when I take WTA .. or don't consider injury / tiredness factors, so just remember to not follow me on WTA, or if I mention a player could be tired but will still win lol CzechPunter used to post and have really good value for money tips that came off, but he's hidden away recently for some reason. *shrugs*

Re: April 23 - April 29 Lopez - Nieminen Will be short here, have not enough time to write some long analyse here. Lopez playing very well today against Cipolla and covering my handicap. Service can be better tomorrow, today he had 61% first service and must be saving 2 breakpoints. But the rallys are going good and i think this will be a good factor in this match. Nieminen playing a very long match today against Schwank. Serving very well with 71% first service, but he don't play good enough in the rally and won only 35 from the 94 return points during this match. Against a good server as Lopez, this will be a problem, also on this surface. 3/10 Lopez ML @ 1.71 Pinnacle

Xavier Malisse +3 games AH (v Florian Mayer in Bucharest) @ 1.98 with panbet 3pts WIN Feliciano Lopez -2.5 games (v Flavio Cipolla in Barcelona) @ 1.88 with panbet 2pts WIN Kevin Anderson (v Federico Delbonis in Barcelona) x Santiago Giraldo (v Robin Haase in Barcelona) @ 3.063 with panbet 1pt WIN Jarkko Nieminen (v Eduardo Schwank in Barcelona) x Albert Ramos (v Benoit Paire in Barcelona) x Frederico Gil (v Joao Sousa in Barcelona) x Kei Nishikori (v Mikhail Kukushkin in Barcelona) @ 2.795 with panbet 1pt WIN
Today was the start of a new system and I honestly couldn't have wished for a better start. Full house gave me a tidy profit of +8.56pts. Look to build on that tomorrow. Plenty of other winners today in the thread - good work chaps :ok

Sorry for short previews today, need to take missus to work! Xavier Malisse +3 games AH (v Florian Mayer in Bucharest) @ 1.98 with panbet 3pts Good win for Malisse over Dimitrov in R1 and comes up against an out-of-form Mayer who has crashed out of tournaments pretty early recently. H2H is in Malisse's favour and has enough power to hit through the German. Think odds should be a lot closer here. Feliciano Lopez -2.5 games (v Flavio Cipolla in Barcelona) @ 1.88 with panbet 2pts Think the big difference here is serve. Lopez is going to get more cheap points and that'll be the main factor. Cipolla is in decent form and his "junk" game will get under the skin of many players, but he'll shoot himself in the foot too often on serve. Doesn't play with any power. Lopez won their meeting in straights in Australia last year and a -2.5 game line is surmountable even if he loses a set (which I don't think he will). Kevin Anderson (v Federico Delbonis in Barcelona) x Santiago Giraldo (v Robin Haase in Barcelona) @ 3.063 with panbet 1pt Chasing the odds here but feel it's worth it. Delbonis is more natural on clay but is too flaky on serve and mentally checks out. I'm a fan of Anderson. Rarely fails to turn up and has the serve and groundies to take this. Could be close but can't see him losing. Giraldo could be more difficult - him and Haase are fairly similar - but Haase's mental foibles and real lack of power and control for such a big guy put me in the direction of the Colombian, who won their only ever meeting last year. Jarkko Nieminen (v Eduardo Schwank in Barcelona) x Albert Ramos (v Benoit Paire in Barcelona) x Frederico Gil (v Joao Sousa in Barcelona) x Kei Nishikori (v Mikhail Kukushkin in Barcelona) @ 2.795 with panbet 1pt Fourfold but did well in the accys yesterday. Nieminen the fitter, stronger player in his match-up with Schwank, plus he leads H2H, so going with him. He battered a promising player in Marti in R1 too. Ramos in good form and more consistent than Paire. Also on home soil so reckon the lefty will prevail. Gil's playing well too - he destroyed Granollers - and he ought to beat his compatriot Sousa who came through qualies but is limited. Gil also leads H2H. And I've thrown in Nishikori. Potential top-10 player who is comfortable on the clay. Kukushkin needs a much quicker surface to get the best out of him and despite the score made a bit of meal of beating Gimeno-Traver. :hope
Master at work.That is outstanding tipping of the highest order Well done Atko :ok

Today was the start of a new system and I honestly couldn't have wished for a better start. Full house gave me a tidy profit of +8.56pts. Look to build on that tomorrow. Plenty of other winners today in the thread - good work chaps :ok
Good stuff. What system is that? 3 single 50/50 bets followed by a four fold consisting of 70/30 favourites?

There are two major changes. (1) the staking plan, which now has a bigger monetary gap in points and each point is worth more than it used to be. (2) is a shift towards accys. I'll still throw in handicaps but doubles/trebles will be common now too. Basically I'm keeping more options open.

Re: April 23 - April 29 Samatha Stosur to beat the absolute headcase Julia Georges 2-0 @ 19/20 with Boylesport Stosur is streaks ahead of Georges both with regard to ability on clay and ability under pressure. Julia is an absolute headcase and is so streaky with her play, she'll string several good points together and then make a heap of unforced errors for the next several points after. Stosur will outplay her and capitalise on these mental lapses, she already dismantled her in the Davis Cup and I expect this match to go pretty much the same. 8.5/10 in the confidence stakes

Re: April 23 - April 29 Barthel to beat Bartoli @ 11/10 with Coral Bartoli hasn't been at her most prolific this season and has been struggling through matches against players she really should be beating comprehensively. Now on to clay, bless this girl, she tries so hard and probably curses her luck that her home grandslam is on clay. Bartoli and Barthel are both really good ball strikers, but lack the movement necessary to be a real force on clay, so I expect this match to be kind of nip and tuck, my gut jus tells me however, Barthel will come through in the end. I base this on the fact she is playing at home. I watched her partly today knowing who she'd have in the next round and she seemed inspired by the crowd. Her serve was firing on all cylinders and whilst Bartoli has a big serve also, it isn't as consistent and a lot more prone to falling apart than Barthels. Barthel struggles with counter punchers, Bartoli is far from this, it will come down to who serves best in the end and I feel the crowd will help Barthel come through with a high percentage of first serving. 7/10

I see already a lot of predictions on Lopez and Gil, so instead of writing the same stuff about them all over again, I would just say that I agree with the picks posted here. I will give my tips on the doubles matches in Barcelona today. Granollers/Lopez to beat Falla/Giraldo @1.36(Barcelona) Pff this one is a joke. With their performance in Monte Carlo last week, the spaniards showed they are a really, really strong doubles pair. Both are Barcelona natives and surely will be pumped up to the sky for this one. In the other side of the net we have the team of Falla/Giraldo who have a poor 3-13(win-loss) record and none of these 3 wins are significant actually. So I can't see anything other than a fast win by the spanish duo. Bryan/Bryan to beat Marrero/Verdasco @1.22(Barcelona) The americans are coming here in fantastic form, stream rolling every team in their way to clinch the Monte Carlo title in sunday. Last year they reached the final in Barcelona, losing a very close match against Gonzalez/Lipsky. Their opponents Marrero/Verdasco are a really good team, no doubt about it as they have 2 titles in the year(both on clay), they'll be playing in home as well, but judging by the current form of the Bryans, I think it's evident who the eventual winners are going to be. Mirnyi/Nestor to beat Haase/Nieminen @1.30(Barcelona) Well with two words, the current French Open champions going against the dutch/finnish team that achieved their first victory as a pair in the first round here. Mirnyi/Nestor played impressive last week in Monte Carlo, but weren't good enough for the Bryans in the final. Really nothing much to analyze about this encounter, easy win for the world's number 2 team. A combo of the 3 makes around 2.15. Good luck. :hope
Not as easy as expected, but all won. Congrats to the tippers for all the good picks here.

Re: April 23 - April 29 Milos Raonic +3 to beat Nicolas Almagro @ EVENS BET 365 Strength (8/10) Okay, back to the 'safe' bets in my usual odds range (if there is such a thing in Tennis). Pretty confident in this one. Raonic looks to have acclimatised to clay judging by his last couple of matches and I think he will do well for two couple of reasons; one being that Almagro isn't in the sharpest form at the moment, losing to Wawrinka in Monaco and then labouring to victory over Vasselin, and secondly his playing style. He hasn't got the cutesy flair game of a Montanes who befuddled Raonic to an extent last week - he's more of a flat hitter, and that will suit Raonic who will be able to deflect and guide Almagro's heavy shots and not have to generate his own pace as much. There's also the question of his massive serve, which was effective against Andreev today, and Almagro isn't the greatest returner. Would've have gone for the Raonic win but sticking to handicaps after not doing them in the Goffin and Sousa matches and paying for it.

Woops. Where's your tips been bro? Slacking.........
Haha yeah, been a tad busy with uni work and stuff. Been more interested in the cricket and darts than the tennis of late-not a massive fan of betting on clay court tennis, find it's far more difficult to call. Saying that, I've been looking at the results and the players in order to hopefully have a decent French Open, which will be when I start getting involved again with the tennis. Plenty of superb calls in here of late though from various posters, so no real need for me to post anyways as the tennis threads look healthy.