BBOTD Saturday 21st

cpo

3.25 Ayr Mac Aeda 1pt win @ 33/1 Ladbrokes This horse is only a novice and it will take a massive effort for him to win this but I think he will be suited by the step up in trip. His best efforts have come over 3m and when he won 2 outings ago at Wetherby, he looked to still have plenty in the tank when every other horse was very tired. He was very disappointing last time out at Doncaster but maybe found it coming to soon after his exertions at Wetherby. I am willing to forgive him for that run and he should be spot on for this having had 49 days rest. He has only had 6 runs over fences but has won twice with his latest win coming over 3m1f. He is prone to making jumping errors in his race but if he can put in a clear round, then he might be able to get involved. Richie Mclernon takes the ride and he will be looking to make up for his agonising defeat in the Grand National. Mac Aeda fits plenty of the trends for the race. He is at the right end of the weights, he is in the right age-group and he comes here in relatively good form. This race does throw up the odd big priced winner so it wouldn’t surprise me if something at big odds were to win. Hopefully it will be the Malcolm Jefferson trained Mac Aeda.

Re: BBOTD Saturday 21st *Pintura - Newbury 3:45* Was 2nd in this corresponding race last year. Laura Pike rode it last year, so interesting that they got Spencer to ride it this time round, a good jockey booking (although i am not a big fan of his). That was it's only ever run at Newbury too. Simcock is in great form with 3 winners from his last 10 runners and when Spencer rides for him, they have won 3 of their last 7. A chance in a hugely competitive field. *0.5 Points e/w @ 16/1 Bet365 BOG*

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.