** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April

[TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Friday 20 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Eintracht Braunschweig v MSV Duisburg (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.27 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.4 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.45 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Energie Cottbus v VfL Bochum (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.26 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.45 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FSV Frankfurt v SpVgg Greuther Fürth (17:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.7 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.06 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.57 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Saturday 21 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC Erzgebirge Aue v Dynamo Dresden (12:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.8 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.71 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] TSV 1860 München v FC Ingolstadt 04 (12:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.95 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.76 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Sunday 22 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] FC St. Pauli v Hansa Rostock (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.3 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.63 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Fortuna Düsseldorf v 1. FC Union Berlin (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.6 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.56 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Karlsruher SC v SC Paderborn 07 (12:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.75 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.66 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.53 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] [TH] [/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Monday 23 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Alemannia Aachen v Eintracht Frankfurt (19:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.1 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.9 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.75 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.39 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April Sunday 20th April 2012 St. Pauli v Hansa Rostock A derby game in Northern Germany. The two clubs are at opposite ends of the table. With three games to go, St Pauli are 2 points off 3rd place which offers a place in the promotion playoffs. Rostock are second from bottom and in the relegation zone, but are one point off Karlsruher above them, in the relegation playoff place. Rostock are in better form than St Paul over the last five games, having won 3 of their last 5 games. http://uk.soccerway.com/national/germany/2-bundesliga/2011-2012/regular-season/ As the match is a local derby with both clubs having a lot to play for here and Rostock in better form, I think the odds should be closer than they are, so there is probably value backing Rostock Rostock +1.25 Stan James 1.78 Strength: (confidence I have in the value of the bet) 3/10

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April

Rostock in bad from' date=' they lost to Frankfurt with 0-5 at home. Furthermore they'll play without own fans as that is forbidden for this match as a part of security.[/quote'] I didn't know about the ban on Rostock fans. I'm not surprised given the violence at the game in Rostock in November. The lack of Rostock fans will probably make it harder for their team. Regarding the 5-0 defeat, that's a big loss, but it's just one game. Over the last 5 games, Rostock have got more points than St Pauli. After learning about the ban on away fans, I think I will keep the recommendation for the bet, but reduce it from 5/10 to 3/10.

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April

Sunday 20th April 2012 St. Pauli v Hansa Rostock A derby game in Northern Germany. The two clubs are at opposite ends of the table. With three games to go, St Pauli are 2 points off 3rd place which offers a place in the promotion playoffs. Rostock are second from bottom and in the relegation zone, but are one point off Karlsruher above them, in the relegation playoff place. Rostock are in better form than St Paul over the last five games, having won 3 of their last 5 games. http://uk.soccerway.com/national/germany/2-bundesliga/2011-2012/regular-season/ As the match is a local derby with both clubs having a lot to play for here and Rostock in better form, I think the odds should be closer than they are, so there is probably value backing Rostock Rostock +1.25 Stan James 1.78 Strength: (confidence I have in the value of the bet) 3/10
Result: St Pauli 3 Hansa Rostock 0 Bet lost I only saw a little of the game. In the few minutes I saw, Rostock were performing fairly well, but clearly it's a big loss for them at the end of the game.

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April Good morning, puntersloungers! I am analyzinig the monday Match of BL2; It is quite strange the odd of Eintracht Frankfurt at 1,70 and not going down. And Eintracht will play a super important role in the relegation battle. AAchen are making a lot of noise on their site, 25.000 people expected for what is considered the last chance to remain on BL2. Yess because with a win against Eintracht, they will go at 28 pt, 2 less than Karlsruhe at 30 for the playout game. And do you know wich is the next match? I tell you, it is AAchen-Karslruhe !! So everything is clear here; but the discussion is how is going to play Eintracht? Te thing that makes me wonder is the fact that on the Eintracht site, there is no mention of this match, neither of massive migration of fan to celebrate promotion. Because if Frankfurt win, they will be automatically promoted. In some fan site of Frankfurt, they are only talking about the preaparation of a mega coreography for the next match ata home against already in vacation Munich 1860. With a draw Eintracht will be also promoted ; going at +6 to Fortuna Dusseldorf and with a better GF. So the question here is to understand if we can assist to a relaxed Frankfurt, however I am not so sure of the fact that they are going to gift 1 pt or the entire 3 to aachen, but my instinct tell me that there is a concrete possibility. 1X is at 2.00 Or maybe Eintracht will win also this game, and then make a celebration at home in front of 50.000 enthusiastic people... It can be important to know if Eintracht can maybe favour one of these 2 relegation-battle involved team for some reason (old or just new rivalries). So viewing in this perspective, Frankfurt does not have a good relationship with Karlsruhe and maybe today will play for the draw or the loss, but I think more probably with a minimal loss, so that aachen will be at -2 to Karlsruhe. In fact I think that if Eintracht wants the win from this match, i have should found a loto of articles in their site and a massive migration of people if this one was a must win game. But given the fact that it is monday and so maybe a loto of fans cannot make this trip (600 km circa) , I suspect Eintracht will take the risk by loosing this one and then goign for the party at home destrying monaco 1860 or simply drawing that match!! Eintracht-Karlsruhe is the Sudwesst derby, so there is some "hate" between these 2 clubs and maybe eintracht will want to send karlsuhe to hell, just like the Marsiglia-Montepellier match of 10 days ago (but here with less hate that is between psg and marsiglia) Sorry for the long post, but it is an intriguing situation and so I am asking you to give your personal idea of this, because we can load money on the 1 or 1x and have fun!

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April Finally 2 articles come out at Frankfurt site; 3.000 fans are travelling to Achen, so I think Eintracht will play professional and can win, but I am not feeling confident this time to put a super stake at 1,60 given the huge motivation of host(at least a draw can be fine for eintracht...) good luck for whom will be involved

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April 23.04.2012 - Alemannia Aachen vs. Eintracht Frankfurt http://www.oddsportal.com/soccer/germany/2-bundesliga-2011-2012/alemannia-aachen-eintracht-frankfurt-806470/#ah;2 Alemannia Aachen (+0.75) Odds: 2.09 (IBCBet) Stake: 5/10 Odds on the home team are way too high here – I do honestly not remember when we got such a huge price on a home team in 2. Bundesliga. These odds do not consider that Aachen have lately improved a lot since they changed their manager. I do not doubt that Frankfurt have by far the highest quality of the league but nevertheless tonight’s game will be a very difficult task for them due to different reasons. First of all, these are probably the most important weeks in Alemannia Aachen’s club history. Their situation is very tricky because they need to achieve the 16th rank to get the chance to play in the playoffs against the 3rd ranked team from 3. Bundesliga. They are 5 points behind Karlsruhe but they play against them at home next week which will be something like a final to them. Karlsruhe themselves play against Frankfurt on the last matchday whereas Aachen will play in Munich, a team which plays for nothing. To make a long story short, tonight’s match is extremely important to them. A defeat and they need to win the last two games but with a draw, a victory next week over Karlsruhe and a draw in Munich should be enough to achieve the playoff rank. However, the stadium will be almost full, flood light atmosphere should be terrific and motivation will be like in a Champions League final. Actually it would be a shame if Alemannia would really relegate this year. It would have been only the fault of Friedhelm Funkel, their former manager. They signed him early in the season but his playing philosophy which is extreme defensive-minded did not fit to the players of Alemannia. Much too late they sacked him and former U23 manager Aussem became their new manager. With him, they improved a lot because he realized the strengths of his players and he takes advantage of it. Friedhelm Funkel always used the very slow strikers Benny Auer and Sergiu Radu who are simply much too slow for counter attacks. Of course the whole counter play did not work because of them but it seems that Funkel did not see this. Aussem made a big change in the offensive. Auer and Radu were sacked and instead of them he uses David Odonkor, Marco Stiepermann, Anouar Hadouir and Alper Uludag. Aachen now have the fastest offensive of the league. All these four players are extremely fast. The problem is that all these players are weak converters but they are just brilliant for counter attacks. Aachen’s defense has never been a big problem. Their defense is not brilliant but it is at least solid and much better than the defense of other teams who fight against relegation. Another major advantage is that their goalkeeper Boy Waterman is probably one of the three best ones in this league. Frankfurt are almost unstoppable at the moment. The way how they play at home is brilliant. Their 4:0 victory over Aue last week was a demonstration of power because I have never seen a more chanceless team than Aue on that day. Nevertheless, Frankfurt did of course not win every game in this season. Well, at home they are unstoppable and they only give away points when the guest team is extremely lucky. But away from home, they gave away points in several games because what they do not like is a home team which defends very deep and which fights so hard. The best example was their surprising 2:0 defeat in Duisburg two weeks ago. Duisburg defended in a very deep way, they hardly allowed anything and the pitch was in an awful condition. The consequence was that Frankfurt did not create anything and they were impressed by Duisburg’s fighting spirit. After the game their manager Armin Veh said that they lost because of the pitch and he said that it is not able to practice short passing play on such a surface. Well, the pitch in Aachen is still worse … Just a few words now to Frankfurt’s table situation. A draw tonight and they would be promoted with 6 points and 14 goals advantage over Dusseldorf prior to the last two matches. A defeat today would not be a big problem also as they would then achieve promotion in their own stadium on Sunday at home against Munich who play for nothing. So what kind of game will we see tonight? We will see a home team who struggle for existence. Aachen will defend extremely deep and then try to make some fast breaks through their extremely fast offensive which consists of the abovementioned players. Here I expect the first advantages for Aachen: Frankfurt’s defense is solid but very prone to counter attacks. Gordon Schildenfeldt and Heiko Butscher have big swiftness deficits and Aachen have the fastest offensive players in 2. Bundesliga. I must admit that Aachen’s strikers are also by far the poorest converters of the league but at least they should cause a lot of trouble for Frankfurt’s slow defenders. Frankfurt are expected to be quite offensive-minded which means that counter attacks are a good thing to hurt them. The next point is that Frankfurt’s vital key player Pirmin Schwegler will miss because of a yellow lock. He is their most important player together with goalgetter Alex Meier. Schwegler is the brain of Frankfurt’s midfield and vital for their success. Matthias Lehmann who will replace him is a clearly weaker option. Next point why I expect this to be a difficult game for Frankfurt are the pitch conditions. The turf is in a very bad condition, short passing play is not possible there (and Frankfurt loves short passing play) and the faster players of Aachen should have advantages on this surface. Motivation of the home team will be much higher as well. Of course Frankfurt want to achieve mathematically promotion tonight but they would be also certainly promoted with a draw and a defeat would not be a big deal also because then they would celebrate promotion in their own stadium. Concluding this, I think that this will be a kind of game which Frankfurt does not like: A home team which will play very defensive-minded, a home side with extremely fast offensive players who might hurt Frankfurt’s slow defense, very bad pitch conditions and a loud home crowd. I expect a similar game like in Duisburg two weeks ago where Frankfurt lost 2:0 and where they hardly created any chance. To Aachen this is probably the most important game in club history and considering their recent big improvement under new manager Aussem, I expect them to get at least a draw here.

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April Aachen must win today, last chance for them before game against Karlsruher. Frankfurt will win probably next week at home against Munich 1860 and at this moment they'll be in Bundesliga 1. I think Frankfurt will take this game seriously, if the Bundesliga 1 is the first target, to be champions is better and with a win, they'll have 68 pts like Greuther Fürth. I expect an open game with two teams who will play for a win, Aachen will give everything today. Over 2,5 @ 1.68 - 3U

Re: 2.Bundesliga > 20th - 23rd April FT 0:3 - 5 u Aachen started very well but they were not dangerous enough in the offensive. Frankfurt scored through their second good chance in the 45th minute and afterwards Aachen's fighting spirit was broken. Then it was an easy game for Frankfurt and they won comfortably. IMO Aachen lost because of a too offensive strategy in the first half which was punished by Frankfurt.