** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

April 16 - April 22

Re: April 16 - April 22 This will be played in next 30 minutes: Juan-Sebastian Cabal to beat Andrey Golubev Barcelona Qualification @3.40 Bet365(2/10) This is defiantely worth a bet at these odds.I believe Cabal has the edge over Golubev in todays game due to it being on a clay court.Golubev's clay court record in 2011 was shocking with 14 defeats in 15 matches played.Cabal has just come off the back on a narrow defeat to Benoit Paire 6-7 6-7 in the Acapulco tournament & next round Paire pushed Almagro to 3 sets.Defo give the edge to Cabal in this one.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: April 16 - April 22 Sorry for posting it couple of minutes before the match actually starts, but I get only now to the computer: Berdych to bt Djokovic @4.03 Pinnacle The odds are insane - Berdych plays really solid tennis in Monte Carlo which has clearly been seen in his match vs Murray. Djoker, on the other hand, is in less than optimal form after his granddady passed away. Yesterday he struggled against Haase, has been broken twice in EACH set, including the game when he server at 5-1 to finish the match and failed. Odds like that must not be missed.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Also going for Errani +5 games to bt Kvitova @1.980 Pinnacle Kvitova massively overrated here IMO. Cze-Ita fed Cup is played on i-hard in Ostrava, and suits therefore not very well to Errani which is best on clay, but Errani just won Barcelona and should be full of confidence. Apart from that, Schiavonne is supposed to lose to Safarova, so CZE should lead 1-0 after the 1st match and Sara will be motivated. She knows that last four times ITA played with CZE, ITA has won, and she also knows that Kvitova sould be a little rusty because Kvitova played only 3 matches since last Fed Cup (IW and Miami) and lost two of them. Last time these two played at AO this year, Kvitova was in better form and has won 6-4 6-4.

Re: April 16 - April 22

Berdych to bt Djokovic @4.03 Pinnacle LOSS Errani +5 games to bt Kvitova @1.980 Pinnacle PUSH
Errani had two "bet-balls" when she was 4-6 3-5 40-15 on return in the second set, but she did not convert :-( Choker Berdy had his chances, and in real life this bet should have been covered live after the 1st set. Anyway, as to declared bets, this gets me to +0.30 flat u for the week +5.82 flat u this season

Re: April 16 - April 22 Nadal to bt Djokovic @1.758 Pinnacle 2u I am probably going to be punished for this, but Rafa on clay and in Monte-Carlo ... I just cannot help myself. Rafa owns this tournament since 2005 when he took the turn after the Argentinian Guillermo Coria. Since then he won it 7 times in a row. The fact is that Djoker owned Rafa last year and has won their last 7 matches - including clay in Rome and Madrid last year, but Rome has been won by Djoker also in 2008, and Madrid has been won by Federer in 2009 and Murray in 2008 - I just want to stress that unlike Rome and Madrid, Monte-Carlo title is a trademark for Rafa. Also, in his last three matches in Monte-Carlo Djoker seemed to struggle (lost 1st set to Dolgopolov and Berdych, has been broken 4 times by lame Haase, and looked like he had some physical problems in longer rallies). Berdych is mentally too weak to capitalize from 1set victory, yet he had tons of breakpoint opportunities even in the second set. He failed. I just cannot see Rafa exploding like Berdych. I expected Rafa somewhere around 1.4-1.5 when the current form is taken into account, but apparently the H2H from last year frightened the bookies. GL :hope

Re: April 16 - April 22 Rome Challenger - Roberto Bautista-Agut to beat Rui Machado @ 5/4 BET 365 Strength (7/10 If Machado wins this I'll be surprised. He's had a great run this week after enduring a terrible year so far, however he came perilously close to losing to Hajek today, saving three match points, and while this might have strengthened his resolve and confidence for tomorrow's final, I think the much improved Spaniard Bautista-Agut will prove too much. He's someone who's not afraid to go the distance and get involved in battles of attrition, and that will spell trouble for Machado after his two and half hour struggle today. Machado has a great record in finals so this is a tad risky but I can't see him running over Bautista-Agut in two and if it goes three then I only see one winner. :hope

Nadal to bt Djokovic @1.758 Pinnacle 2u Also, in his last three matches in Monte-Carlo Djoker seemed to struggle (lost 1st set to Dolgopolov and Berdych, has been broken 4 times by lame Haase, and looked like he had some physical problems in longer rallies). Berdych is mentally too weak to capitalize from 1set victory, yet he had tons of breakpoint opportunities even in the second set. He failed. I just cannot see Rafa exploding like Berdych. I expected Rafa somewhere around 1.4-1.5 when the current form is taken into account, but apparently the H2H from last year frightened the bookies. GL :hope
Berdych had tons of breakpoints? Yes, he was 2/10 in "break points won", but somehow you "forget" to write that Simon had tons of breakpoints against Nadal too, he was 0/7 and he had a great opportunity in first set with 3-3 and 15-40 on nadals serve.Nadals got lucky and won match but he was not superior at all and Djokovic is A LOT better player then Simon. You "forget" too that Djokovic 2.0 raises his game to extreme every time when he play Nadal, compare for example the level of his game aginst Nadal in Rome and Wimbledon with his matches before that. For me Djokovic is favorit again for one simple reason-he is better tenis player then Nadal and he is in nadals brain now after seven wins in a row. 2,2 on Novak? Yes sir and thank you.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Totally agree with the last two posts. And I am going to give one from myself that I think is a must play. That would be the Monte Carlo's doubles final match involving the Bryan brothers and Mirnyi/Nestor. Obviously both teams are great and proven on clay, the belarusian/canadian pair being the current French Open champions. The americans are going into the final defending their title from last year though, they seem to be on some amazing form, smashing a great team like Stepanek/Paes with whom they had problems in the recent past and confidently beating a tough team in the semis - Granollers/Lopez. Not underestimating their opponents of tomorrow at all, they are in a good run as well, but really can't see Mirnyi/Nestor prevailing against Bryans in such a form. Confident on the brothers here. Bryan/Bryan win @1.57. Good luck. :hope

Re: April 16 - April 22 ATP Bucharest - Nikola Mektic to beat Kevin Krawietz @ EVENS BEt 365 Strength (6/10) Surprised a bit by the odds here. Krawietz hasn't done much in his career so far and has been particularly poor this year. He won a match yesterday but his recent 6-1 6-1 defeat to Leonardo Kirche gives an indication of how poor his form is overall. Mektic has been mixing and competing very well with guys on Kirche's level and above - players like Donskoy and Pedro Sousa - despite generally ending up on the wrong end of the result. Still, he's won enough matches not to have a complex about getting over the line against players like Krawietz and I think he's playing at a higher level than the young German. :hope

ATP Bucharest - Nikola Mektic to beat Kevin Krawietz @ EVENS BEt 365 Strength (6/10) Surprised a bit by the odds here. Krawietz hasn't done much in his career so far and has been particularly poor this year. He won a match yesterday but his recent 6-1 6-1 defeat to Leonardo Kirche gives an indication of how poor his form is overall. Mektic has been mixing and competing very well with guys on Kirche's level and above - players like Donskoy and Pedro Sousa - despite generally ending up on the wrong end of the result. Still, he's won enough matches not to have a complex about getting over the line against players like Krawietz and I think he's playing at a higher level than the young German. :hope
I cannot find it

Re: April 16 - April 22 Julia Goerges to beat Samantha Stosur Fed [email protected] William Hill(3/10) Must win game for Germany vs Austrailia as they lost both games yesterday.H2H reads a 2-0 lead to Goerges one in Stuttgart(clay)2011 & a win in Tokyo(hard) in 2010. Georges lost yesterday to Gajdosova 6-4 6-4 which was a bit of surprise but she didnt play very well & needs to up her game today.Stosur got a good win over Kerber yesterday but imo that was more to do with it being Kerber's most hated surface(63w51d).Close match but Goerges runs out winner. :hope

Re: April 16 - April 22 Ivo Minar vs. Ricardo Hocevar Tennis pick for the final match of a clay court ATP challenger in Brasilian Santos where Czech player Ivo Minar meets local favourite and qualifier Ricardo Hocevar. Minar was ranked well inside Top100 in years 2005 - 2009 and known as a solid clay courter who even represented his country in Davis Cup. But he was suspended for 8 months after testing positive for a banned substance following a Davis Cup tie against Argentina in 2009. He has never come back to his previous positions since then but still has shown some flashes of his previous form on some highly rated challengers. Minar failed to defend his title in Rabat a few weeks ago and so is ranked outside Top200 now and in a need of some good results. Ricardo Hocevar, local favorite and qualifier, is enjoying a good run on his home soil but he is not a player of Minar´s caliber - career best ranking just inside Top150, 0-5 record on ATP level and now just second career final on challenger tour. Hocevar took some decent wins this week and can win his first challenger title today but he could also feel some tiredness as this is just 8th match in as many days for him and four of them went to the distance. Minar is the better and much more experienced player here, showed some impressive form and is yet to lose a set this week in Santos. Starting Time: 22 April 2012, 16:30 CET Bet: Minar Odds: 1.53 Stake: 6 units Bookmaker: Bet365

Re: April 16 - April 22 And just a few words to the highly anticipated Monte Carlo final... Well Nadal is the the seven-time reigning champion of Monte Carlo who lost here only to Coria at the age 16, the clay court is one of the slowest on the tour and should help Nadal´s game, Djokovic with personal problems and obviously not 100% concentrated at times - Nadal will hardly get better chance to beat Djokovic anytime soon.

Re: April 16 - April 22 Anna Chakvetadze to beat Irena Pavlovic [email protected] William Hill(7/10) Chakvetadze yesterday destroyed Cirstea(seeded 40) 6-1 6-0.Has been mixing it up & beating players like Tsurenko,Pironkova in 2012.Pavlovic has lost her last 4 out of 5 games & struggled past Kimmelmann(675 seed) in 3 sets.Medium/high stakes on this one for Chakvetadze to complete a routine 2-0 win. :hope

Nadal to bt Djokovic @1.758 Pinnacle 2u :ok
6-3 6-1 Credits to Nole that, in the shape difference we have witnessed in this match, was able to win four games. According to my survey LOTS of people were hurt that were driven by the faith and H2H score, ignoring plain facts about the players' current form. Anyway, the final winner for the week gets me to +1.82 flat u for the week +7.34 flat u this season see ya next week on clay dogfests

ATP Bucharest - Nikola Mektic to beat Kevin Krawietz @ EVENS BEt 365 Strength (6/10) Surprised a bit by the odds here. Krawietz hasn't done much in his career so far and has been particularly poor this year. He won a match yesterday but his recent 6-1 6-1 defeat to Leonardo Kirche gives an indication of how poor his form is overall. Mektic has been mixing and competing very well with guys on Kirche's level and above - players like Donskoy and Pedro Sousa - despite generally ending up on the wrong end of the result. Still, he's won enough matches not to have a complex about getting over the line against players like Krawietz and I think he's playing at a higher level than the young German. Rome Challenger - Roberto Bautista-Agut to beat Rui Machado @ 5/4 BET >365 Strength (7/10 If Machado wins this I'll be surprised. He's had a great run this week after enduring a terrible year so far, however he came perilously close to losing to Hajek today, saving three match points, and while this might have strengthened his resolve and confidence for tomorrow's final, I think the much improved Spaniard Bautista-Agut will prove too much. He's someone who's not afraid to go the distance and get involved in battles of attrition, and that will spell trouble for Machado after his two and half hour struggle today. Machado has a great record in finals so this is a tad risky but I can't see him running over Bautista-Agut in two and if it goes three then I only see one winner :hope
Games were closer than I imagined Top picks again Slider :ok

Re: April 16 - April 22 Cheers mate. Yeah, two tough roller-coasters going on at the same time. The Machado match went as expected (Bautista-Agut should've really won in straights) but Krawietz put up alot of resistance and it was only in the third set that Mektic showed his class. First set was key in that match.

Totally agree with the last two posts. And I am going to give one from myself that I think is a must play. That would be the Monte Carlo's doubles final match involving the Bryan brothers and Mirnyi/Nestor. Obviously both teams are great and proven on clay, the belarusian/canadian pair being the current French Open champions. The americans are going into the final defending their title from last year though, they seem to be on some amazing form, smashing a great team like Stepanek/Paes with whom they had problems in the recent past and confidently beating a tough team in the semis - Granollers/Lopez. Not underestimating their opponents of tomorrow at all, they are in a good run as well, but really can't see Mirnyi/Nestor prevailing against Bryans in such a form. Confident on the brothers here. Bryan/Bryan win @1.57. Good luck. :hope
Fast win here. :cigar

Totally agree with the last two posts. And I am going to give one from myself that I think is a must play. That would be the Monte Carlo's doubles final match involving the Bryan brothers and Mirnyi/Nestor. Obviously both teams are great and proven on clay, the belarusian/canadian pair being the current French Open champions. The americans are going into the final defending their title from last year though, they seem to be on some amazing form, smashing a great team like Stepanek/Paes with whom they had problems in the recent past and confidently beating a tough team in the semis - Granollers/Lopez. Not underestimating their opponents of tomorrow at all, they are in a good run as well, but really can't see Mirnyi/Nestor prevailing against Bryans in such a form. Confident on the brothers here. Bryan/Bryan win @1.57. Good luck. :hope
Good pick man keep em coming.

Ivo Minar vs. Ricardo Hocevar Tennis pick for the final match of a clay court ATP challenger in Brasilian Santos where Czech player Ivo Minar meets local favourite and qualifier Ricardo Hocevar. Minar was ranked well inside Top100 in years 2005 - 2009 and known as a solid clay courter who even represented his country in Davis Cup. But he was suspended for 8 months after testing positive for a banned substance following a Davis Cup tie against Argentina in 2009. He has never come back to his previous positions since then but still has shown some flashes of his previous form on some highly rated challengers. Minar failed to defend his title in Rabat a few weeks ago and so is ranked outside Top200 now and in a need of some good results. Ricardo Hocevar, local favorite and qualifier, is enjoying a good run on his home soil but he is not a player of Minar´s caliber - career best ranking just inside Top150, 0-5 record on ATP level and now just second career final on challenger tour. Hocevar took some decent wins this week and can win his first challenger title today but he could also feel some tiredness as this is just 8th match in as many days for him and four of them went to the distance. Minar is the better and much more experienced player here, showed some impressive form and is yet to lose a set this week in Santos. Starting Time: 22 April 2012, 16:30 CET Bet: Minar Odds: 1.53 Stake: 6 units Bookmaker: Bet365
Minar won 46 61 64.

Paolo Lorenzi to spank the utter joke that is James Blake @ 2.20 with William Hill You have got to be SHITTING ME RIGHT? Lorenzi is an absolute hustler on clay, Blake's odds are simply dictated by his past and even in the past I would have given Paolo the edge against James on clay. Right, I see Lorenzi as a shoe-in .. he'll hustle and harry and get everything James fires at him back ... move James about and James movement won't cope, especially not on clay, the dude can barely slide on this surface, lets be bloody real now! Easy, easy, easy.... AZAYYYYYYY MANAAAAAYYYYYY HAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! 8/10 in the confidence stakes.
Clap clap. Still confidence stakes ? I am waiting for your Lorenzi pick as well, will be watching how it goes to hell and back. :)
[TABLE] [TR] [TD=class: fontHeader3, align: right](5)Paolo Lorenzi(ITA) [/TD] [TD=class: fontHeader3, width: 10%, bgcolor: #DCE8F4, align: center] DEFEATED[/TD] [TD=class: fontHeader3, width: 45%, bgcolor: #DCE8F4, align: left](1)(WC)James Blake(USA) [/TD] [TD=align: left][/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=class: fontHeader3, bgcolor: #DCE8F4, colspan: 5, align: center]6-3 6-2[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] :) Foot in mouth? :)