** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June

Aidymac

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Jim Furyk 1pt e/w @ 50/1 Bet365 Since losing out in a playoff at the Transitions (another shotmakers course) Furyk has been remarkably consistent not finishing lower than 26th. He lies 3rd on tour in scoring average and 3rd in driving accuracy, he's also t7 in approaches from under 200 yards so his accuracy is up there at the top. If my theory about Olympic suiting players who have good record at Harbour Town holds out then Furyk could be in business as a former winner there. For once Furyk's lack of length won't count against him and his experience and ability to shape the ball could see him go close. Matt Kuchar 2pts win @ 34 Betfair Like Furyk, Kuchar is having an ultra consistent year, his last nine starts read t4, t5, t8, t10, t3, t44, t13, 1st, t15, t26 and the hugely impressive sequence includes 3rd place at the Masters and his Players victory. It's hard not to see Kuchar in contention this week because he is just striking the ball so well and his win will have given him a massive lift. Actually played here as an amateur in 1998 and was right in contention at halfway before fading to a highly creditable 14th place finish. Francesco Molinari 1pt e/w @ 100/1 Coral Fairways and greens are the cornerstone of the Italians game and he hits them with metronomic regularity. 9 top 20 finishes in 12 starts this year show how consistent he's been and he won the Open de Espana on a very tough golf course where he really had to grind it out. I think his putting has improved lot in the last year and while he's never going to be great it doesn't hamper him as much as it used to. As a winner of a WGC event he's proved he can beat an elite field and can go well here. He played well at Wentworth the other week which is also a tough tree lined course with bentgrass greens and I think this is a generous price.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Leaving the 120+ field and the outrights to the experts, too hard for me!! Will be having my usual multiple bet on the smaller field markets; All prices available with Betfred, some prices can be beaten but obviously need to have them all at the same firm. Top English: Lee Westwood (11/8) Looks to have Donald and Rose to beat here, cant fault his game at the moment and sure to be there on Sunday? Top Irish : Padraig Harrington (4/1) Three horse race with Rory who is not hitting enough fairways for me and McDowell who is not playing great, Harrington has been ok over the last few weeks and is value at 4/1. Top Aussie: Aaron Baddeley (11/2) Seems to have matured for me and has a big prize in his locker. Scott and Day are fav's as usual but havnt been impressing me lately. Top Danish: Anders Hansen (2/1) Only 3 in this, Bjorn is favourite but has been a bit wayward lately and likely to struggle around here, Hansen plays well in the States. Top Sth African: Charl Schwartzel (14/5) Tough one with Oosthuizen and Els in opposition, just prefer Schwartzel and is the most consistent one of the three. Top Spanish: Sergio Garcia (4/5) Three horse race, Quiros is hit and miss and Jimenez cant seem to play four good rounds. Garcia looks a safe bet to me? Top Swedish: Freddie Jacobson (4/1) Interesting field of Swedes and probably the hardest of the lot, Like Freddie and has most experience of courses like this along with Pettersson. Peter Hanson is a short priced fav and not much value at 6/4. 1pt Super Heinz (120 Bets) :ok

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June

Ted, change the record mate:lol Aidy, you have finally gone mad :lol Best of luck both:ok
I think i have staked too much!! :D No harm, i was putting on money weekly, so it doesn't feel too bad. If i hit one, i will be delighted. Cheers BH!

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Three more for me Zach Johnson 1pt e/w @ 55/1 Bet365 Since finishing 2nd at Harbour Town ZJ has finished t6, 2nd, 1st, MC. His driving and putting have been sensational all year and if he can maintain the crisp iron play he's shown over the past few weeks he should contend. Not having the length off the tee ZJ can only really contend up on the old style courses and Olympic should be a good match. Matteo Manassero 1pt e/w @ 150/1 Bet365 It surprised me that Manassero is still only 19 as he seems to have been around for ages now and he always displays maturity and course management way beyond his years. With 5 top ten finishes it has been a decent year although I don't think he's been at his best, at the top of his game he would have converted a win from one of those promising positions. Ball striking is the key for Manassero and he is very good at grinding it out when things are tough. He came through qualifying at Walton Heath to secure his place here and has the game to plot his way to a decent finish. Anders Hansen 1pt e/w @ 300/1 Bet365 I always like to have a rank outsider and who better than the doughty Dane. A two time champion at Wentworth he obviously likes tree lined courses and that plays to his accurate game. Hansen is a plodder, he's never going to excite or wow anyone but he can grind out the pars in tough conditions all day long. Had a career best major finish of 3rd place at the US PGA last year and he could be a lively outsider here.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Good Luck All Agree about Laird and have had a bit on at 110-1,but at bigger odds im on each way Carl Pettersson @ 125-1 [betfred,6 places] Won this season and knows how to play well in a US Open

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June I have gone mad again! Top English Player - Justin Rose - 50 Points @ 9/2 Unibet - reasoning same as post above! Think this is a cracking price, he has just as good a chance as Westwood and Donald in my opinion. 20 Points Treble Louis Oosthuizen - Top African Player @ 3.75 Reasons above, think this guy is the leading contender from South Africa, he plays well in majors and 11/4 is a decent price. Thomas Bjorn - Top Danish Player @ 1.95 There are only 3 Danish golfers in the US Open, and Bjorn stands out as being the best by far in my opinion, so the price looks very fair at just under evens. He has had a terrific couple of years, and should be Denmark's top golfer here. Miguel Angel Jiminez - Top Spanish Player @ 7.00 I think Garcia is far too short here at odds-on, which means Jiminez is overpriced for me. He plays tough courses well, has a lot of experience so won't go for any special shots, will play a steady simple game, and for me Garcia fails to play great in majors so this represents great value.. Treble works out at around 52/1, great bet i feel.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June 1pt ew J.Dufner to win US Open 28/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-6) 1pt ew J.Furyk to win US Open 35/1 Boylesports (1/4 1-6)

One man who I really like the look of this week is Jason Dufner. The USPGA runner-up is in exceptional form right now. In his last four starts he has won twice and should’ve won another which he ended up second in. He has the game to go very well this week and his stats this season highlight that. He’s 11th on the PGA Tour on fairways hit, 6th in GIR’s and 9th in bogey avoidance. Another man who I like is the former winner of this tournament Jim Furyk. Whenever US Open’s come along it can be folly to ignore the wonky swinged one because despite his different swing he has all the credentials of a US Open winner. He’s as straight as they come, as proven by the fact he is 2nd in fairways hit this year. Hitting greens is no problem and he is a good putter under pressure and is always there or thereabouts. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting--american-duo-of-jason-dufner-and-jim-furyk-have-the-credentials-to-overcome-olympic-club-course

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June 2pts win Dustin Johnson @ 33/1 Bet365 Only recently back from injury but won last week and comes into this tournament in good form. He should already be a major winner but he definitely has the game to win one. The golf course should suit him and he has a cracking record when playing in California. 2pts win Sergio Garcia @ 45/1 Boylesports Sergio was 3rd last week on a course that probably didn't suit his game. I expect this test will suit him much more and this 17 time major top 10 finisher deserves to finally win one. He has a great record on Bent greened courses. 2pts win Louis Oosthuizen @ 60/1 Bet365 He went agonisingly close in the last major losing out to Bubba in a play off. He is already a major winner but comes into this in good form. He is the number 1 scrambler on the European tour in 2012 and has great ability from the rough which could prove vital over the next 4 days.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Robert Garrigus @ 270 Betfair Twice 2nd this year including at the Northern Trust Open, which incidentally is played on bentgrass greens and is largely tree-lined. Was 3rd in a US Open previously and is monster off the tee, which isn't actually as big a deal on this course. However, it's still going to be an advantage on some holes and I think if he can get his putter working then he's going to be a super chance as he is 3rd in Distance off the tee and 12th in GIR.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Three 1st round leader bets, 0.5pts e/w paying 5 places Blake Adams 200/1 Bet365 - shot in the 60s in the first round 6 of his last 9 events including the Players so can do it on tough courses DA Points 175/1 Bet365 - likes California having won the Pebble Beach ProAm, opened with a 66 at Quail Hollow a few weeks ago and players who do well there often go well at the US Open. Also tree lined and bentgrass greens Charlie Wi 125/1 Paddypower - In the top 10 in 1st round scoring average, ranks even higher as an afternoon starter so his tee time here bodes well. Course should suit his accurate game so could come out flying but unlikely to sustain it. Good luck chaps

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Incredible prices available on some players within 5 shots of the lead not to mention 4/6 on the field against Tiger Woods 5 singles on these 5 players to win outright Hunter Mahan @ 35/1 Charl Schwartzel @ 33/1 Matt Kuchar @ 28/1 Padraig Harrington @ 70/1 Fredrik Jacobson @ 66/1 all Paddy Power Mahan has improved his putting since 2010 and he drives the ball well and attracts birdies.If he plays smart he could jump to the top of the leaderboard.Kuchar is one of the sweetest swinging guys on tour.Kuchar is first in scoring average (69.3) and 10th in greens in regulation (68.3 percent) this year.Target golf will be key at Olympic over the weekend and Kuchar fits that mold perfectly. Harrington looks different this week, he seems more relaxed and having won 3 majors 70/1 is too tempting to ignore.Schwartzel and Jacobson again have the games to make ground and neither will get fazed

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June 3rd round preview: 4pts J.Rose to beat E.Els 5/6 Skybet

Rose was a little unlucky on Friday with a few awkward bounces and lies but I think overall I would expect him to win this two ball. Ernie Els can’t go on missing fairways and greens and still putting up a score so for me the more solid tee to green player this week in Justin Rose looks a good bet to take this two ball. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/us-open-betting--justin-rose-s-better-tee-to-green-form-should-prove-too-much-for-els-in-third-round

Mark Wilson has drifted out to a very backable price now!!! Put 2.5 Points WIN @ 200/1 Bet365 Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Bill Haas - 0.5 Point WIN @ 80/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Mark Wilson - 2.5 Points WIN @ 200/1 Bo Van Pelt - 4 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Webb Simpson - 1 Point e/w @ 40/1 Martin Laird - 20 Points WIN @ 100/1 Rickie Fowler - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Keegan Bradley - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1
Aha, it paid off... 511 Points returned for me.. :cow Bingo! What a finish

*Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Unibet* Big price for a golfer that is ranked 9th in the world and had 2 wins in 2011. He has yet to miss a cut in 2012 in 11 tournaments, and that includes 3 Top 10's, and finished a very good 4th in the Wells Fargo last week, where he probably would have won only for a poor final round of +1, going down by a solitary shot. He was 14th in The US Open last year, and that was his first attempt. Has come on leaps and bounds over the past 2 years, and is a player to be feared.
Absolutley supreme tipping again Aidy, not to mention your call on Senden, unlucky with that one. didn't see your post till now, went blind on Fjurk, that will teach me. Great reasoning on the Simpson tip, hope you smashed it. :clap

*Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Unibet* Big price for a golfer that is ranked 9th in the world and had 2 wins in 2011. He has yet to miss a cut in 2012 in 11 tournaments, and that includes 3 Top 10's, and finished a very good 4th in the Wells Fargo last week, where he probably would have won only for a poor final round of +1, going down by a solitary shot. He was 14th in The US Open last year, and that was his first attempt. Has come on leaps and bounds over the past 2 years, and is a player to be feared.
Aidy you absolute legend!

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Well done and hard luck to both Dougal and Kevshat who had Furyk backed. He played great golf, but when he went into the bushes on the Par 5 yesterday, i think that shot cost him the title. Well done on the place lads, and excellent tipping from Kev who had both Furyk and Dufner e/w, who were both placed. Roll on the Open.

Excellent work Aidy mate. Can't be many hotter tipsters on the internet than you right now :ok. Keep up the good work :ok.
Ta Kev. Feel bad for your Furyk bet... He played brilliant for 3 and 3/4 rounds.