** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June

Aidymac

*Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Paddy Power* I am keeping the faith with Justin over the next 2 majors. I mentioned why i fancied him in the British Open, but there is no reason why he won't figure in the US Open either. He is now ranked 10th in the world, and his game has improved markedly this year. He earned over $3m last year, but already has earned over $2m dollars this year. He won the Cadillac already this year, and although he did not play his best in the masters, he still finished in a tie for 8th and picked up $232,000. He also finished 5th in the Honda Classic. I again think 50/1 is overpriced. *Bill Haas - 1 Point e/w @ 80/1 Paddy Power* Now ranked 18th in the world, this man is another who has a good chance at the US Open. He won the Northern Trust already this year, played creditably in the Masters, finished 4th in the Farmers Insurance and last year he won the Tour Championship. He finished a creditable 23rd in the Open last year, and i think this year will only be his 2nd attempt at the course, so that bodes well. Must have a chance the way he is playing the past 2 years. *Mark Wilson - 1 Point e/w @ 150/1 Skybet* I think this is a really crazy price for a man that already has a tour win in 2012, and had 2 tour wins in 2011. He won the Humana Challenge this year, finished 3rd in the Accenture Matchplay and last year had 2 tour wins, winning the Sony Open and the Phoenix Open. He only played the US Open once before and missed the cut, but should be more familiar with the course now, and i think 150/1 underestimates his chances as he is currently 8th in the Fedex Cup standings.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Just as a side note, the US Open is played at a different course every year. This year it is being played at the Olympic Club where it was last held in 1998 (but it did hold the US Amateur in 2007) so course form - while relevant as the style will be similarly tough - is pretty irrelevant :ok

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June

Just as a side note' date=' the US Open is played at a different course every year. This year it is being played at the Olympic Club where it was last held in 1998 (but it did hold the US Amateur in 2007) so course form - while relevant as the style will be similarly tough - is pretty irrelevant :ok[/quote'] Aha! Just shows what i know mate (fook all)!! Apologies for the incorrect information my friend, i am still only getting to grips with the golf... I should do more research before placing my bets. Many thanks

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Wikipedia is a wonderful tool :D On the positive side for you, it does mean the fact that Haas missed the cut in his last US Open is quite irrelevant as it wont be back there for a few years and he won at Rivieira this year - a former US Open track so he clearly has the game for it :ok

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June I put another 2 Points e/w on Bill Haas, as Ladbrokes have now gone 100/1 and i think that is way overpriced. *Louis Oosthuizen - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Betfred* Have been tempted into backing Louis for this tournament again for value reasons. Presumed he may have been 33/1 at the most with his recent performances so i feel he is also worth a bet. Played exceptional golf in the Masters, was 3rd in the Houston Open and the week after the Masters he won a European Tour event. Probably playing the best golf of his career right now and is worth a bet for me at the price. Bets So Far: Louis Oosthuizen - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 1 Point e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Mark Wilson - 1 Point e/w @ 150/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Just added another 2.5 Points e/w on Louis Oosthuizen @ 50/1 with Totesport. Louis Oosthuizen - 4.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 1 Point e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Mark Wilson - 1 Point e/w @ 150/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Topped up again. 2 Points e/w on Louis Oosthuizen @ 50/1 Betfred, 1 Point e/w on Bill Haas @ 80/1 Ladbrokes, and 1 Point e/w on Mark Wilson @ 150/1 Ladbrokes. Louis Oosthuizen - 6.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June *Bo Van Pelt - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Paddy Power* Another man with a chance in this years US Open. He is ranked 28th in the world and has had some good finishes in 2012, 8th in the Waste Management, 8th in the Northern Trust, 8th in the Cadillac Championship, 9th in the Transitions and finished a respectable 17th in the Masters. So he has been quite good this year so far. He seems to relish in the major's without winning so far. He was 8th in the Masters last year, 14th in the US Open, made the cut in the British Open. Can have his bad days too, but at 80/1 is worth a bet for me. I have also topped up on Louis Oosthuizen again - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Betfred Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bo Van Pelt - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June *Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Unibet* Big price for a golfer that is ranked 9th in the world and had 2 wins in 2011. He has yet to miss a cut in 2012 in 11 tournaments, and that includes 3 Top 10's, and finished a very good 4th in the Wells Fargo last week, where he probably would have won only for a poor final round of +1, going down by a solitary shot. He was 14th in The US Open last year, and that was his first attempt. Has come on leaps and bounds over the past 2 years, and is a player to be feared.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June *Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Unibet* Huge price for a man that has won 7 events on Tour in his career. He is ranked 32 in the world and showed his well-being in April when 2nd in the Heritage. He finished a respectable 32nd in the Masters this year too. He was 30th in the US Open last year which was his best finish in it, but he certainly has the game to trouble the favourites, and is worth a bet at the price as his average price with the rest of the firms range from 66/1 - 80/1, so i am getting cracking value.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June I am after putting another lump on Louis Oosthuizen. 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 with Unibet, also put 6.5 Points WIN on Bill Haas @ 70/1 also with Unibet... Bets So Far: Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bo Van Pelt - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June I have put another 1 Point e/w on Webb Simpson @ 40/1 Paddy Power... Have also put 0.5 Points WIN on Bill Haas @ 80/1 Paddy Power. Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Bill Haas - 0.5 Point WIN @ 80/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bo Van Pelt - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Webb Simpson - 1 Point e/w @ 40/1

Aidy' date=' you should consider using Betfair for some of your win only bets. Haas is trading at 100's on there. Understandable for E/W of course.[/quote'] Your correct Crouchy, but i haven't used Betfair in over a year or so, and they closed my account, so i will have to get on to them again and re-open it. What is Haas trading at on the place market on Betfair, have you any idea mate ?

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June They haven't got a place market up yet. I find Betfair will almost always have better win odds (on about 90%) but never better place odds (compared to E/W). For instance, the other week I backed Aguilar to win at 290 but Top 5 odds were only 32. Bet365 were 200/1 and 1/4 E/W so books can be better in that sense. I am a greedy and optimistic ******* though so I'd rather win more on the win and less on the place rather than the other way round (though I almost never even back to place either). The other bookie benefit too is that sometimes they pay 6 places, which Betfair never does. As for re-opening an account, if you plan on winning you should. That 7pts on Haas will return 495 instead of the 665 or so Betfair would. Well worth it IMO.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June More bets! Think i may be going a bit crazy, but what the heck. :rollin *Rickie Fowler - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 188Bet* If they keep giving me 50/1 on Fowler with the form he is in, i will keep on backing it. He is into 33's with most firms, but i got on with 188Bet at this price today, but they don't do each-way, so on the nose for me, worth the risk. I backed him 2 weeks ago @ 50/1 and he won.. I backed him last weekend e/w @ 50/1, and he was tied for 2nd. He is playing superb golf and is fast becoming the star he has promised to be. McIlroy, watch out!!! *Martin Laird - 10 Points WIN @ 100/1 188Bet* The Glaswegian really impressed me in the Players Championship last weekend, he played an extremely tough course very well and finished 2nd behind Kuchar after an impressive final round. He was also 2nd in the Hundai Tournament of Champions this year, and was 5th in the Accenture Matchplay. He has 2 PGA Tour wins to his name, and with the way he is playing at the moment, going into this event it may pay to stick with the in-form players, and 100/1 is too big. Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Bill Haas - 0.5 Point WIN @ 80/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bo Van Pelt - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Webb Simpson - 1 Point e/w @ 40/1 Martin Laird - 10 Points WIN @ 100/1 Rickie Fowler - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Stake: 98.60 Points

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June *Keegan Bradley - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Bet365* Putting can often be his downfall, but on his day he is very impressive and he looks overpriced at 50/1, i think he should be around the 33/1 mark at most, so i feel this is value at 50's. He had an unbelievable year in 2011, gaining his first two tour wins, winning the Byron Nelson and the PGA Championship. He was 2nd in the Northern Trust this year, 4th in Houston, 8th in the Cadillac, and had a few more Top 20's. This is his first US Open, and i think he will be out to make an impression. If the putter is on song, he will have a decent chance. *John Senden - 5 Points WIN @ 150/1 Skybet* Another player that is definately overpriced in my eyes, i was thinking he would be in the 80/1 - 100/1 category. He is ranked 35th in the world and he has had 3 Top 10 finishes in 2012 already. He is a very steady player, doesn't take many risks but doesn't get into too much trouble, he is a good scrambler and a good putter, exactly what you will need for this tournament. He has a scoring average of exactly 70.00 which is good, and at 150/1 he is worth a few quid. I also topped up on Martin Laird again - 10 Points WIN @ 100/1 again with Bluesquare. Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Bill Haas - 0.5 Point WIN @ 80/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bo Van Pelt - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Webb Simpson - 1 Point e/w @ 40/1 Martin Laird - 20 Points WIN @ 100/1 Rickie Fowler - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Keegan Bradley - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Stake: 123.60 Points (Think i am going crazy with the amount of bets, but i will get great enjoyment out of them, and if i hit happy days, if not try and try again).

• 2 weeks later...

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Topped up on Bo Van Pelt, another 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Paddy Power. Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Bill Haas - 0.5 Point WIN @ 80/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bo Van Pelt - 4 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Webb Simpson - 1 Point e/w @ 40/1 Martin Laird - 20 Points WIN @ 100/1 Rickie Fowler - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Keegan Bradley - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June 2PTS E/W RORY McILROY 16/1 1/4 1-5 WILL HILL~Already being written off in some quarters which is totally ricdiculas, yes he has missed the last three cuts but people, form is temporary class is permanent! Has taken a lot of stick of late some justified most not and has bounced back today with a better round at Tennessee and i think he will improve more in the next three rounds if he does the price will tumble get on the current 16/1 GET ON is what i say far to big for the current holder who will be spot on to retain and hungry to win his first major of 2012.

2PTS E/W RORY McILROY 16/1 1/4 1-5 WILL HILL~Already being written off in some quarters which is totally ricdiculas' date=' yes he has missed the last three cuts but people, form is temporary class is permanent! Has taken a lot of stick of late some justified most not and has bounced back today with a better round at Tennessee and i think he will improve more in the next three rounds if he does the price will tumble get on the current 16/1 GET ON is what i say far to big for the current holder who will be spot on to retain and hungry to win his first major of 2012.[/quote'] Ted, i think he has gone off the boil personally. I think he has found his little man-willy, and has finally realised how to use it! His attitude stinks in my opinion, he only plays tournaments when he feels like it, it is grand having talent, and i fully agree class is permanent, but you also have to knuckle down and work hard to use that class. I hope he plays well next week, but for me, personally, i wouldn't back him. In saying that, he does have the ability to win this tournament easily. Will be interesting to see how he fares.

If I was dating Caroline Wozniacki I'd have fun with my man willy too! I've taken Kyle Stanley at 270s. I've always liked him as a US Open fancy. Probably more of a sanity preserving bet than anything as this course doesn't seem to suit the bombers as much a previous courses have.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Steve Stricker 55 Betfair The Olympic course should play a bit differently to most US Opens in that length off the tee wont be as big as an advantage, and as a result I am expecting it to be more of a 2nd shot course, which is where my love of this play comes in. Stricker is just a fantastic iron player. He ranks 2nd this year in proximity to the hole and his previous record of 49 events without missing a cut speaks for his ability to be consistent in his play. Ranks Top 20 in both driving accuracy and GIR, and he ranks 16th in scrambling, so even when he misses the green he is quite good at saving par. His putting this year hasn't been as good last year, where he ranks 2nd in SGP. However, he is obviously very good with the short stick, and though over 40, his winning record the last few 3-4 years is better than anyone, regardless of age. Furthermore, the last time the US Open was held at the Olympic Course, Stricker tied for 5th, showing that his style fits the course as much as it should in theory.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Mark Wilson has drifted out to a very backable price now!!! Put 2.5 Points WIN @ 200/1 Bet365 Louis Oosthuizen - 8.5 Points e/w @ 50/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 20 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 80/1 Bill Haas - 2 Points e/w @ 100/1 Bill Haas - 6.5 Points WIN @ 70/1 Bill Haas - 0.5 Point WIN @ 80/1 Mark Wilson - 2 Points e/w @ 150/1 Mark Wilson - 2.5 Points WIN @ 200/1 Bo Van Pelt - 4 Points e/w @ 80/1 Zach Johnson - 3.6 Points WIN @ 125/1 Webb Simpson - 9 Points WIN @ 50/1 Webb Simpson - 1 Point e/w @ 40/1 Martin Laird - 20 Points WIN @ 100/1 Rickie Fowler - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Keegan Bradley - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Interesting fact about Mark Wilson, he's won 5 times on the PGA Tour and all five wins have been in the first ten weeks of the season. Nice price now though on a course that should suit him.

Interesting fact about Mark Wilson' date=' he's won 5 times on the PGA Tour and all five wins have been in the first ten weeks of the season. Nice price now though on a course that should suit him.[/quote'] I believe he has only ever won on Bermuda grass too. Not sure what Olympic course is?

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June I was looking at some pictures of the Olympic course and there were a couple of striking things, the fairways are very narrow and the greens look tiny. I think if you're not hitting the fairway it's going to be incredibly difficult to hold the green with approach shots given how fast the greens will be. I'll be fascinated to see how many times, if at all, Tiger takes driver, I suspect he might not use it. It really does look different to a typical US Open course and brings the dibbly dobblers right into it, I think previous US Open form will count for little. One course it did remind me of was Harbour Town, that is also tight tree lined fairways and small greens where there is a need to place your tee shots in the right place. Obviously Harbour Town doesn't have the thick rough but it places the same emphasis on shot making and being able to move the ball both ways and leave yourself in the right part of the green. Personally I've always found the US Open the least interesting major, watching players slog around a 7500 yd course trying to grind out pars is pretty tedious so I'm glad it's a different type of test this year.