The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June

Aidymac

*Justin Rose - 2 Points e/w @ 50/1 Paddy Power* I am keeping the faith with Justin over the next 2 majors. I mentioned why i fancied him in the British Open, but there is no reason why he won't figure in the US Open either. He is now ranked 10th in the world, and his game has improved markedly this year. He earned over $3m last year, but already has earned over $2m dollars this year. He won the Cadillac already this year, and although he did not play his best in the masters, he still finished in a tie for 8th and picked up $232,000. He also finished 5th in the Honda Classic. I again think 50/1 is overpriced. *Bill Haas - 1 Point e/w @ 80/1 Paddy Power* Now ranked 18th in the world, this man is another who has a good chance at the US Open. He won the Northern Trust already this year, played creditably in the Masters, finished 4th in the Farmers Insurance and last year he won the Tour Championship. He finished a creditable 23rd in the Open last year, and i think this year will only be his 2nd attempt at the course, so that bodes well. Must have a chance the way he is playing the past 2 years. *Mark Wilson - 1 Point e/w @ 150/1 Skybet* I think this is a really crazy price for a man that already has a tour win in 2012, and had 2 tour wins in 2011. He won the Humana Challenge this year, finished 3rd in the Accenture Matchplay and last year had 2 tour wins, winning the Sony Open and the Phoenix Open. He only played the US Open once before and missed the cut, but should be more familiar with the course now, and i think 150/1 underestimates his chances as he is currently 8th in the Fedex Cup standings.

Re: The US Open 14th of June - 17th of June Just as a side note, the US Open is played at a different course every year. This year it is being played at the Olympic Club where it was last held in 1998 (but it did hold the US Amateur in 2007) so course form - while relevant as the style will be similarly tough - is pretty irrelevant :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.