** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts - Week 10

kevshat

[TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Thursday 12 April 2012[/TH] [TH]Player 1[/TH] [TH]Draw[/TH] [TH]Player 2[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Wade, J v Anderson, G (19:00 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.3 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 5.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 2.37 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.77 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Whitlock, S v Painter, K (19:45 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.54 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 4.2 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]104.13 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Taylor, P v Van Barneveld, R (20:30 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.33 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7.5 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 7 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]102.62 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn] Hamilton, A v Anderson, G (21:15 BST) [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 3.25 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 6 [/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd] 1.83 [/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.98 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 10 do have a few fancies this week myself but would like to know what professors think about, before putting something Whitlock looked to be in really good form last week when quite easily defeated Anderson even though the later didn't really turn up. 'We' have opposed Painter few times this year but i haven't seen the guy throwing for some time now and my thinking is he stands just a slim chance of taking something from Australian if he keeps the last weeks form. Was wondering if hes backable at the price on -2,5 handicap? Dont believe that Anderson will be on top of his game bearing in mind what has happened to the guy. Would like to oppose him on both matches. It was a real surprise how Wade lost last week and i think he wont loose his concentration this time and hes got more to play for. He must like his chances too. Price looks good to me. Not so sure about Hamilton though. Isn't Barneveld overpriced or me just likes him more there? happy punting :hope

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 10 Really looking forward to Taylor-Barney tonight, should be an absolute belter if Barney can play like he did last week. 4 in total for me this week. James Wade to beat Gary Anderson- 13/10 William Hill- (5/10) James Wade (-2.5 legs) to beat Gary Anderson- 2/1 Bet365- (3/10) Huge week this for the defending champ as he plays twice and really needs to win one of his matches, if not both of them to have a realistic chance of reaching the semi finals. In his first match he comes up against James Wade, who lost to Adrian Lewis in controversial circumstances again last week after leading 4-2 at the break. He was adamant that Lewis was making too much noise when he was about to throw last week which really put Wade off and lost him the match really but I expect him to bounce back tonight. Barring the first few weeks where he couldn't hit a double, he's played really well, scoring heavily and his finishing has been excellent which you come to expect from Wade. He hammered Simon Whitlock 8-0 just 2 weeks ago and knowing that he'll overtake Lewis with a win here, should really drive him on. I'm really not convinced by any means with Anderson at the minute. He's lost 4 on the bounce in the league, still struggling with his shoulder and the recent passing away of his father thrown into the mix as well just says to me that darts are far from his main priority right now. Whitlock hammered him last week and Anderson seldom got down to a double which really isn't a good sign for the Scot as when he does, chances are he will need a few darts to finish the leg off. Although I'm never the biggest fan of backing Wade for the win, his scoring recently has really impressed me and he has scored as well as anybody has really which isn't really his trademark. Anderson however hasn't been firing on all cylinders with his heavy scoring and if he doesn't get down to a double in good time against Wade, he's in big trouble here as Wade won't miss many darts to finish the leg off. Wade should be a lot more confident than the Scot I'd imagine and with the advantage he holds over hitting doubles, I think he'll win tonight and leapfrog Adrian Lewis and move into the top 4. I'll also have a little punt on the handicap as well as given Wade throws first tonight. He will only need to win by one break of throw to cover the handicap, and given I expect him to beat Anderson, I think there's a decent chance he'll win 8-5 or better. Simon Whitlock vs Kevin Painter- Over 12.5 legs- 5/6 StanJames- (3/10) Whitlock bounced back in the perfect possible way after that 8-0 defeat to James Wade 2 weeks ago, by hammering Gary Anderson 8-2 last week and is now possibly just a couple of wins away from booking himself a semi final place. He looked extremely focussed last week against Anderson which was a good sign for the Aussie and his all round game looked good last week. His problem however has been his consistency, as so often he has followed up a good win with an indifferent performance the following week so he'll be hoping that isn't the case this week against The Artist. Painter did well in truth to take 6 legs of Barneveld last week as the Dutchman was firing extremely hot and Painter can count himself a tad unlucky in the PL so far, as he has had the tendency to run into players who have played extremely well on the weeks in which they've played Painter and he's not doing a lot wrong really. He managed a ton plus average last week though which should give him confidence, and he'll feel he's got a decent shot tonight if Whitlock struggles early on. I'm not confident enough to call the winner of this match and I feel Painter may have chances, but instead of taking the handicap, I'll opt for the overs on the legs instead as it covers an 8-5 win for Whitlock which the handicap doesn't. Painter has continued to check out well so I think he'll have enough about him to hold his own throw for the majority, whilst Whitlock will be striving to book his place in the semis as soon as possible given how tight the league is this year so it should be a tight affair in my eyes, and I think we'll see at least 13 legs in this one. Andy Hamilton to beat Gary Anderson- 2/1 StanJames- (3/10) T​his looks a cracking price on Hamilton to me as no way in hell is he a 2/1 outsider to win this one. This will be Anderson's second match of the night, and if he loses to James Wade, will be under a huge amount of pressure to get a result in this one and as we've seen in the past, the Scot is not the best player on the circuit in dealing with pressure. In the final match of the session, he'll be playing a beaten world finalist, who in his last 3 matches has drawn with Simon Whitlock, beaten Adrian Lewis and was a bullseye short of taking a point off Phil Taylor last week which shows how well Hamilton is playing at the minute. Although Anderson seemingly ran away with the first match between these 2 earlier on in the league looking at the scoreline, the reality is the crowd severely hampered Hamilton and made him miss a ton of doubles in that match which in turn opened the door for Anderson. Even in that match though, Hamilton was down to a double first in almost every leg and if that happens tonight, you'd have to fancy he'll hit them more often than not this time around. The Hammer just looks to be growing in confidence with every good result in the league and with Anderson possibly looking towards the bottom of the league, rather than up, I fancy Hamilton to take advantage of any shortage of confidence on the Scot's part and win the final match tonight.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 10 Couple of quiet weeks for me recently. Like the look of the outsiders tonight though. Once again I'm looking for the value. +37.55 so far. Will post in two posts as the action begins soon. 4pts J.Wade to beat G.Anderson 13/10 William Hill James Wade lost a controversial match to Adrian Lewis last week but I fancy him to bounce back in this match against a Gary Anderson who has lost his last four matches coming into this week. This is obviously a big match for the Scot as is the other one he has to play in the evening because he needs some wins and quick if he is to make it into the semi finals. Anderson's Premier League has been marred by poor performances so far and the thing which has struck me is how he isn't hitting the 180's that he used to hit. Not only did that sent him miles clear in legs but it put the fear into his opponents and puts more pressure on their own scoring. Without the 180's and with his opponents knowing at some point Anderson will miss doubles Anderson is a bit of a sitting duck. James Wade has scored very well in this tournament and he does hit his doubles and if he can get a break up early with the throw here then you could see Anderson's head dropping and maybe looking to the later game in the night. I think with the advantage of throw in this match Wade is a good bet in the opener.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 10 3 more for tonight. 3pts K.Painter to beat S.Whitlock 16/5 William Hill I backed Kevin Painter in the reverse fixture this season and I'll take him again in this match too. I never saw any of the action last week but for Painter to take 6 legs out of Raymond Barneveld when Barney averaged 112 suggests he played well himself and if he can replicate that form in this match then I would say he will have every chance. Simon Whitlock has been massively inconsistent in this tournament and I believe his motivation is questionable because he seems to produce his best performances against the likes of Barneveld, Anderson, Taylor and Lewis but against the lesser duo of Hamilton and Painter he's been found wanting. One thing which has dogged Whitlock is missed doubles and while he beat Anderson 8-2 last week you have to question how much of a form boost that is given that everyone is beating Anderson at the minute. What is for sure is his 8-0 defeat two weeks ago was not good. Painter has been hit and miss but for the most part he has been competitive in this tournament and if he finishes how we know he can and he nudges in front he could just see this one through at a massive price. Either way I think Whitlock is too short in this match and the value definitely lies with Painter. 2pts P.Taylor vs R.Barneveld - HT/FT - Draw/Taylor 5/1 Boylesports This looks a good price too because while I think Taylor will win this match I don't think he'll run away with it early doors. Barneveld is playing more than well enough to hold his throw three times going into the break before the shear weight of pressure from Taylor cracks the Dutchman late on. If I was score predicting here I would have this down at 8-5 or 8-6 to Taylor which leads me to thinking the 5/1 on this being level at half time and Taylor winning at full time is value. Taylor took his time to see off Hamilton last week while Barneveld was averaging 112 last week. A repeat of the two performances will see this match being close all the way but when the push comes to the shove I think Taylor will just about edge home in this match which promises to be an absolute epic. 4pts A.Hamilton to beat G.Anderson 2/1 Skybet I've covered Anderson in the match above so I've no need to do that again instead I'll concentrate on Andy Hamilton and I think he has every chance in this match. 5-6 weeks ago there were signs that this Premier League was just getting a bit too much for him but in the last three weeks he has ended fears of that being the case. He dominated a 7-7 draw with Simon Whitlock before beating Adrian Lewis two weeks ago and then last week he pushed Phil Taylor all the way which is a real effort given the form that Taylor has been in during this tournament. Hamilton lost the reverse fixture between these two this season but the crowd in Aberdeen that night and you wouldn't think they would here in Sheffield. I really believe Anderson is there for the taking over the course of this night and if Hamilton can perform like he has in the last three weeks then he can all but end the hopes of Anderson defending his title.

Re: Premier League Darts - Week 10 Decent night, albeit dampened a touch by Hamilton going missing for a few legs and only getting a draw against Anderson. Wade did the business as expected though and Painter kept it close enough to bring the overs in, giving me +12 for the night, and +8.41 for the tournament.