** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd

Aidymac

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd First round preview: 3pts J.Senden to beat N.Colsaerts & H.Mahan 5/2 Paddy Power

Senden is a very straight hitter, and hits it longer than most would think. Australians tend to go well on links courses for whatever reason and I think Senden has every chance in this three ball. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-john-senden-looks-overpriced-in-his-first-round-three-ball

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd these are my bets for first round leader Brandon Grace 100/1 skybet great year and winning touraments as playing well Rafa Cabrera Bello 100/1 skybet also playing well consistent David Duval 200/1 skybet former winner knows the course as well Alex Noren 80/1 skybet played well last tournament likes these courses Francesco Molinari 40/1 skybet in great form also playing well especially in these conditions

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd Better late than never, but here are my Open Picks with brief explanations. All bets taking advantage of the Top7 availavle at PP. Luke Donald 18/1 World No1, hits the ball straight, will be there or thereabouts. Francesco Molinari 40/1 Not much to say about this lad apart from his astonishing recent form, should/could have won last week in Scotland. Has won on tour this season, two 2nds in a row and 3 Top 10's in a row. Confident. Jason Dufner 40/1 Imperious in the US this year, not sure how well he'll go in Scotland tbh but fancy a punt at 40/1. Looking at his last 5 tournies (Exluding the T68 at The players) he has had a T1, T1, T2 & T4, can't ignore that sort of form. Top 7 places big influence on this decision. (Loves to Birdie) Jonathan Byrd 125/1 Have backed Mr Byrd mainly due to the directions of other punters here but I have backed him twice for Top10 finishes this year and he has provided for me :). Nothing really sticks out with him, just a player that if things fall into place he can have a good go, spesh at the prices (Have also taken 260.0 on Betfair for small stakes) Harris English 250/1 Young talented individual, have only backed him at the Crowne Plaza which he came T5. Solid driving distance and GIR stats (23rd and 29th respectively).

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd How did everyone get on today,I was quite content with my four picks all finishing at +1 and Evens. Casey was really talking positive in a interview I heard on the car,he said the body was fine with no reaction to the shoulder injury,and put the improved performance to a better mindset.When asked about hes round,if I remember right,the commentator thought he would be quite pleased,but Casey was insisting it could have been alot better. Bet 6 - Paul Casey 330s winner betfair 2pts Bet 7 - Paul Casey 15s top 10 finish betfair 5pts

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd Terrific day's golf in rather easier conditions than many expected. Great rounds by Colsaerts & Snedeker in the worst of the conditions. Conflicting reports on who's going to get the best of the weather tomorrow but I'm guessing the later starters might have the advantage, which is good for the likes of Tiger, Scott, Bubba, G-Mac, etc. I'm going to go with it and add one to my team: M.Kuchar to win The Open, 2pts EW @ 55/1 SportingBet (1/4 odds 1-5) Started poorly, going +2 after 3 but battled back very well with 3 birdies around the turn and the rest pars to finish -1, 5 off the lead. Drove the ball very well indeed, living up to the great ball striking & straight hitting reputation he's got. Another quiet man, I can see Kuch making slow but steady progress to put him bang in the picture come the weekend. I'm hoping the changing weather conditions will favour him and he'll be out in the best of it. If that's the case, then 55/1 is too big for a player inside the World's Top 10.

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd Agree with Russ that it's hard to pick which half of the draw will have the easier conditions. While it might rain in the morning it will be a bit calmer so I'll just go with that half. Got three men going well but I said I'd look to back Harrington after a slow start and here we are. 1pt ew P.Harrington to win The Open 35/1 Bet365 (1/4 1-5) Padraig Harrington did well in the end to get round in 70 on Thursday afternoon. A birdie at the last will have given him some confidence and a nice memory to sleep on and I expect Padraig to come out all guns blazing on Friday. He's playing the quality of golf capable and needed to win a tournament like this coming into the event and I think he'll pick his way through the field now. In the first two majors of the season he has scored better over the weekend after a slow start and he finished 8th in The Masters despite an opening 71 and 4th in the US Open despite opening there with a 74 and being eight behind after the opening day. He's six off the pace here but I still see him as a big threat if he can continue to score better during the second half of tournaments. Harrington came into this event off the back of six top 16 finishes so we know he's coming back to the form which saw him win this tournament back to back a few years ago and if he can get himself into the mix come Sunday and the forecasted wind arrives on the final day I see no reason why the Irishman won't make it a third Claret Jug down the stretch on Sunday.

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd

A slightly different angle to look at. Danger at Lytham is to the right of the hole in the main, so it's wise to look at those who performed well at the Masters for the winner, as Augusta favours those hitting it right to left. Looking back at the last 3 Opens at Lytham and seeing how those top finishers fared at Augusta in the same year..... 28 players finished in the money in the last 3 Opens at Lytham (ie, Top 7 & ties) 82% (23/28) played in that year's Masters Of the ones, that played in the Masters: 87% (20/23) finished in the Top 30 at Augusta 65% (15/23) finished in the Top 20 43% (10/23) finished in the Top 10 That stat would rule out the likes of Donald, Woods, McIlroy, Johnson, Kaymer, Stricker, Schwartzel & Clarke :ok
Ignore this bit of info at your peril. Of the top 9, Olesen & Aiken never played at the Masters but 6 of the other 7 finished Top 30 at this years Masters, the exception being Tiger who was 40th :ok

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd my selections for the third round two balls John Daly 11/10 skybet to beat Chad Campbell he has a good open record and knows this course well Matthew Baldwin 4/5 skybet to beat Echenique been impressed with him playing well Padraig Harrington 11/10 skybet to beat Mcliroy he should be too good his opponent is out of sorts Nicolas Colsaerts 8/11 skybet to beat Castano he is a great talent and can win this one Francesco Molinari 8/11 skybet to beat Senden the last few weeks he is playing nearly won last week

my selections for the third round two balls John daly 11/10 skybet to beat Chad Campbell Matthew Baldwin 4/5 skybet to beat Echenique Padraig Harrington 11/10 skybet to beat Mcliroy Nicolas Colsaerts 8/11 skybet to beat Castano Francesco Molinari 8/11 skybet to beat Senden
Reasoning mate? You know the drill by now, this ain't any good to others ;)

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd I jumped on GMAC 14/1 and Zach Johnson 80/1 last night, both are major winners and can handle the pressure required, GMAC is 6 shots off the leader but left a couple of birdies out there yesterday and easily should have been a couple of shots better off. He can post a decent score in these conditions today to put a bit of presure on the front 3. Tiger looks like he could take control today but and its alwyas a but with Tiger, will he stick to his game plan, yesterday he struggled on the par 5's and i expect him to try something different today, 11/4 is plenty short enough for Tiger but i am sure it will tempt a few. Zach at 80/1 is a decent price ew as he could easily climb this board with his straight hitting avoiding the deep rough and those pot bunkers I also had a small bit on Donald who at -2 is close enough also to mount a challlenge albeit i feel he needs a 64 today and a 66 tomorrow to be in contention. Taken 25's on him which makes the 80's on Johnson look big. Good luck all, should be a decent couple of days left Shame about westwood, i just think there is ridiculous presure on the guy now to do well. His putting hasnt been good enough this week. Garcia is also annoying for me, how often was he fed up with his swing and only missed the cut by one. He should easily have been here for the final few days but his mind is still playing tricks on him.

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd It is not Westwood's putting that is at fault this week Bowlesy, he is not hitting greens. Very unlike him, he is normally extremely accurate with an iron, especially in these conditions i expected a bigger show from him. I hope the top 3 don't finish under par today, it will make it very interesting for tomorrow if that happens. Els seems to be my only hope, he needs a 66 today to have any chance.

It is not Westwood's putting that is at fault this week Bowlesy, he is not hitting greens. Very unlike him, he is normally extremely accurate with an iron, especially in these conditions i expected a bigger show from him. I hope the top 3 don't finish under par today, it will make it very interesting for tomorrow if that happens. Els seems to be my only hope, he needs a 66 today to have any chance.
to be honest aidy i havent seen enough this week but what i saw westy was not sinking them. Strange he hasnt hit the greens as thats his best part of his game. i note he has gone through a couple so seems unable to read the flight well good luck today with els

Reasoning mate? You know the drill by now' date=' this ain't any good to others ;)[/quote'] sorry mate i was in a rush i did not have enough time to do reasoning next time i will have time do a proper bet i have added a brief reasoning for each selection i think it is a bit too late for some

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd Final round preview: 4pts T.Olesen to beat B.Haas 13/10 Stan James

Olesen held himself together very well alongside Tiger Woods on Saturday and he played some good golf too which isn’t always easy to do when you play with Woods, especially when it is in the second last group out on a Saturday. That bodes well for him on Sunday, particularly as he’ll be a little more out of the spotlight. Full preview here:

http://www.punterslounge.com/the-open-betting-thorbjorn-olesen-can-finish-the-tournament-with-a-flourish-by-beating-bill-haas-on-sunday

I jumped on GMAC 14/1 and Zach Johnson 80/1 last night, both are major winners and can handle the pressure required, GMAC is 6 shots off the leader but left a couple of birdies out there yesterday and easily should have been a couple of shots better off. He can post a decent score in these conditions today to put a bit of presure on the front 3. Tiger looks like he could take control today but and its alwyas a but with Tiger, will he stick to his game plan, yesterday he struggled on the par 5's and i expect him to try something different today, 11/4 is plenty short enough for Tiger but i am sure it will tempt a few. Zach at 80/1 is a decent price ew as he could easily climb this board with his straight hitting avoiding the deep rough and those pot bunkers I also had a small bit on Donald who at -2 is close enough also to mount a challlenge albeit i feel he needs a 64 today and a 66 tomorrow to be in contention. Taken 25's on him which makes the 80's on Johnson look big. Good luck all, should be a decent couple of days left Shame about westwood, i just think there is ridiculous presure on the guy now to do well. His putting hasnt been good enough this week. Garcia is also annoying for me, how often was he fed up with his swing and only missed the cut by one. He should easily have been here for the final few days but his mind is still playing tricks on him.
well Zach and GMAC were the movers yesterday but they are still many shots behind so its needs a bit of pressure on Scott today by GMAC who is capable of another decent score today Come on the GMAC

What are the weather conditions like? There are only 4 people under par this morning so far' date=' wondering if conditions have got worse, hopefully??[/quote'] the wind has got up a bit, yep not many under par but remember these golfers havent been under par all week, so lets see how the top 25 score i think -10 wins it today, scott has it to lose

the wind has got up a bit, yep not many under par but remember these golfers havent been under par all week, so lets see how the top 25 score i think -10 wins it today, scott has it to lose
Agreed Bowles. To be honest even if he posts a 72 today he still may win it. 8/11 is a very generous price actually, i was thinking he would be 1/2 or less, simply because birdies are hard come by on this course.

Now it's my turn and I'm getting stuck in to 6 outrights. A.Scott to win The Open, 2pts EW @ 40/1 Paddy Power (1/4 odds 1-7) My main bet and he seems to be a player that has gone under the radar. Inside the World's Top 15, Adam Scott is a player that has the credentials to win an Open. I mentioned earlier in this thread that a player with solid Masters form should be suited by this test so his 8th place finish this year, coupled with his 2nd last year, are real positives. Those results also show he's able to challenge in the Majors too. His Open record ain't great but, equally, isn't too shabby with a couple of top 30 finishes in the last 2 years. Has yet to win this year but has been in decent nick in some top events and is relatively fresh too. Much better tee to green than people give him credit for and has always been a decent putter. With all the spotlight focused elsewhere, this could be the one market leader to surprise people.
Definitely under the radar but you were right to highlight him! Fingers crossed he has a Par round. None of the late starters seem to be picking up enough shots to eat into his 4 shot lead. :hope

Paul Casey - 1 Point e/w @ 80/1 Paul Casey - 4.3 Points WIN @ 70/1 Paul Casey - 4 Points WIN @ 125/1 Thomas Bjorn - 5 Points WIN @ 60/1 Thomas Bjorn -10 Points WIN @ 100/1 Tim Clark - 1 Point e/w @ 200/1 Robert Allenby - 1 Point e/w @ 175/1 Jonathon Byrd - 0.7 Points e/w @ 150/1 Jonathon Byrd - 4 Points e/w @ 150/1 Justin Rose - 1 Point e/w @ 50/1 Justin Rose - 7.6 Points WIN @ 40/1 Justin Rose - 10 Points WIN @ 50/1 Bubba Watson - 5 Points WIN @ 60/1 Miguel Angel Jiminez - 5 Points WIN @ 150/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 3.7 Points WIN @ 40/1 Louis Oosthuizen - 5 Points WIN @ 50/1 Ernie Els - 2 Points e/w @ 40/1 Ernie Els - 10 Points WIN @ 40/1
514 Points Returned. :nana Still in shock, can't believe he won, feel so sorry for Scott, hard luck Russ... Maybe this is just my year, 3 majors, 3 winners, major luck this year i have had.