The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd

Aidymac

A bit early.. Well very early! But i am going to get this up and running, even though the US Open is on first, cos i fancy one at a price. *Justin Rose - 1 Point e/w @ 50/1 Bluesquare* He could not get into a rhythm in the Masters, but he should feel more at home in the British Open. He already has earned around 2 million dollars in 2012, and is now the World No. 9.. He was T44th in the Open last year, didn't make the cut in 2010, was 13th in 2009, 70th in 2008, 12th in 2007, so he has been in the Top 15 twice already, and he is now playing the best golf of his career. Although he did not threaten in the Masters, he played very well, did not get the little bit of luck needed around the difficult Augusta course, and i think 50/1 is far too big a price for this guy to win the British Open.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Open Championship July 19th - 22nd *Robert Allenby - 1 Point e/w @ 175/1 Bet365* Has 4 tour wins to his name and i think 175/1 is overpriced, i thought 100/1 would have been around the right price. Showed his wellbeing this year at the Mayakoba Classic where he finished 2nd. He finished 48th last year in the Open, 27th in 2010, 32nd in 2009, 7th in 2008, 16th in 2006, 52nd in 2005.... So he nearly always makes the cut here, and he has had a Top 10 and a Top 20 here, so he can play this course fairly well. I think he is worth a go at the price. *Jonathon Byrd - 0.7 Points e/w @ 150/1 Bet365* Another man that looks a tasty price. He has had 5 Tour wins to his name and he is still only around 33 years old. He finished 3rd in the Tournament of Champions already this year and 8th in the Northern Trust. He finished a respectable +2 in the Masters this weekend, finishing in 27th place. He didn't make the cut in last years British Open, but back in 2007 he finished 23rd in the Open, and this year will only be his 3rd Open, he is a talented player and hopefully can make his presence felt.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.