** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

NRL: Round 6

Rabbitohs -3.5 @ 2.85 centrebet Rabbitohs were second best for much of the game against the Tigers but then they were back to their best in the last 10 minutes to snatch a win over them in extra time. The Bulldogs were good against the Titans but they did get some luck go their way, and their defence was exposed at times by the titans. If they allow that to happen here, they will be exposed as the Rabbitohs are very good at the offloads and exploiting the open field. While the Bulldogs have been the more consistent of the two teams, and have a better recent record over them, like the Rabbitohs here, becuase if they can play like they did in the last 10 minutes against the Tigers in this game, they will win, and can beat anyone on their day. Tigers -3.5 @ 3.20 centrebet Desperate times at the Tigers as they have lost 4 on the trot as they dominated the game against the Rabbitohs but lost their composure in the last 10 minute to end up losing in golden point. They have been under some media scrutiny this week, and expect the players to be fired up, especially Farah, who returns from suspension who was grilled this week. The Broncos are playing well and were very good against the Dragons this week, and would normally expect them to beat the Tigers given the present form of both teams, but can see an upset on the cards here Season record: 13-22 (+0.08)

Re: NRL: Round 6 2pts Broncos -15.5pts @ 3.90 (IASBet) Brisbane have really impressed this year without Lockyer, and I can't see that changing here. The Tigers have been poor and losing Gareth Ellis won't help them at all. They will need Marshall to start creating to turn around their form and some of the decisions he made last week particularly in the last 10 minutes were shockers. If it was anyone else they would have been ridiculed. Brisbane are getting Parker back into their side who is a real worker and will only improve their already amazing forward pack. I think the Broncos should do well here.

Re: NRL: Round 6

Rabbitohs -3.5 @ 2.85 :D Tigers -3.5 @ 3.20 :(
Season record: 14-23 (+0.93) Titans -3.5 @ 2.51 centrebet Titans played pretty well against the Bulldogs last week and it was only some Barba magic that turned the game against them. They have been solid and building up to a win, so like their chances here, as they do get Idris and Mead back, which gets their backline some extra size and speed. The Roosters are starting to come into some form, but and liek the Titans, they have a good pack of forwards but still have some concerns about their consistency, and like the home team here. Sharks -3.5 @ 2.75 centrebet Sharks are the big improvers this season and they have been playing well, as their forward pack, led by Gallen have been moving the ball frward really well. They have the players to upset their neighbours, the Dragons, who have generally been the better side in recent years, but plenty of motivation for the Sharks to get one back. They have won 8 of their last 12 home meetings against the Dragons, and did beat them 16-10 last year. Now with an even better side that is playing well, like them to win again

Re: NRL: Round 6 P/L Round 6: -2.5 units P/L Season: +9.095 units I agree with blackcrow on these games tonight. I can't really pick too much between them so will be siding with the underdogs on both occasions. 3pts Titans -3.5pts @ 2.5 (Luxbet) 3pts Under 40.5pts @ 1.85 (IASBet) 2pts Roosters - under 74.5% Completions @ 1.90 (IASBet) The Titans haven't really been abysmal over the last couple weeks, and they definitely have the pack to keep them in this match. David Mead and Jamal Idris also are coming back into the side for the Titans. The Roosters had a good win last week, but before that, they didn't really impress. Playing in the heat and humidity of the Gold Coast won't help them, and I expect this to play a part in the Roosters completions this afternoon. In terms of the total points, both sides have spent most of the season struggling to score points, not necessarily due to the defence of their opposition, but because of their own mistakes. Both sides have failed to capitalise on their chances, so I think the line here is a few points too high. 5pts Sharks @ 2.2 (IASBet) 1pt Sharks 1-12/Total Points under 35.5 @ 6.50 (IASBet) 3pts Sharks - Most Metres Gaines @ 2.00 (IASBet) Again, I will be going with the underdog here. The Sharks have really impressed so far this season, grinding out some impressive results. Their forward pack is one of the best in the league, especially with Gallen in the form he is in. These two teams play fairly defensive styles, so I can't see either team being blown away, but rather a low scoring game with the Sharks coming away with a 1-12 point win. In terms of the last bet, I will continue to be taking the Sharks to win the metre match up as long as they are over evens. They consistently make over 1400 metres a game. Gallen has made over 200 metres in every game this year so far, and there isn't another player in the league who can come anywhere close to matching him. The Sharks should be really fired up for this derby, so I can't see their pack backing down and under performing today. However, even if the bet loses, it is always gong to be close, so anything over evens is good odds for me in a market I would give the Sharks an edge in.

Re: NRL: Round 6 Roosters -4.5 @ 2.30 TAB I find the Titans are lacking a real attacking spark, i've watched them over the last few weeks and they just seem to be going through the paces with four hitups and a kick not really looking to use any width, flat runners etc. which means they are finding themselves dominated whilst in possesion as teams can compress and get players into tackles and drive them back and slow down the play the ball. I like the Roosters they were very good last week in dismantling the Warriors who were poor, but i find they have far too much strength over the park for a team that really need a change of culture, still surprised cartwright hasn't had a word said to him about his hand in their fortune since rejoining the competition.

3pts Titans -3.5pts @ 2.5 (Luxbet) :( 3pts Under 40.5pts @ 1.85 (IASBet) :D 2pts Roosters - under 74.5% Completions @ 1.90 (IASBet) :D 5pts Sharks @ 2.2 (IASBet) :D 1pt Sharks 1-12/Total Points under 35.5 @ 6.50 (IASBet) :D 3pts Sharks - Most Metres Gaines @ 2.00 (IASBet) :D
Finally a good day after the last week or so. P/L Round 6: +13.35 units P/L Season: +24.945 units

Titans -3.5 @ 2.51:eyes Sharks -3.5 @ 2.75 :D
Season record: 15-24 (+1.68) Raiders -3.5 @ 2.75 centrebet Both teams are coming off last round losses but it is the Warriors who are the more concerned given the number of missed tackkles and errors that they are making. Both teams have players to win this game, so this could go either way, but going with the home team given that the Warriors have not won in Canberra for 15 years, and like the Raiders to produce the form they showed in the previous win over the Tigers Eels -3.5 @ 3.45 centrebet Eels showed some good spirit to finally register their first win of the season, and with the return of Hayne, he proved a big difference in their side when going forward. Expect him to contiue to make things work for the Eels, as the Knights go into this game without their playmaker Gidley, who is injured for this game. As long as the Eels can hold them up front, then like Hayne and Sandow to lead the Eels to a win here. Cowboys -3.5 @ 2.85 centrebet Cowboys are coming off a good win over the Raiders on Monday night and expect them to be up for this game, as the Storm are red hot. However the Cowboys do have Bowen, Thurston and Payne to go with Slater, Cronk and Smith, but believe they may now have the edge in the forwards given that Manu is out for the Storm. The Cowboys have a big, strong and mobile pack that can make metres and like them to win the battle in moving the ball forward. Both teams have been very good defensively this year, but like the Cowboys to upset them here and give the Storm their first loss of the season

Re: NRL: Round 6 Yet again I agree with what blackcrow is saying. Will have to be backing the underdogs on Easter Sunday. 4pts Raiders -3.5pts @ 2.55 (IASBet) 1.5pts Raiders 13+ @ 4.85 (IASBet) 3pts Raiders Completions - Over 73.5% @ 1.9 (IASBet) The raiders have shown both the best and worse parts of they game so far this season, but I still feel like they are a side that will either win well or lose. They haven't had the best Home record of late, but the Warriors haven't been home in over a week and I think that should play a part. The Raiders have also had decent completions all year, so the line of 73.5% is a bit low in my opinion. 3pts Eels -3.5pts @ 3.15 (IASBet) With Hayne coming back, the Eels look a lot more likely to score points. That had to be expected, with Jarryd being a key player in the way the Eels play. With Sandow, Hayne and Roberts, the Eels can score points and if they do, they should cover this line.

Re: NRL: Round 6 Canberra @ 2.30 Agree with what has been said about the Raiders game, both teams are inconsistant but there is alot of value in Canberra here as their was with the Sharks last night, Both teams were well below par last week but i feel the Raiders have what it takes to turn the corner here. Newcastle/Newcastle HT/FT double @ 1.90 The Eels played very well last week against a team on a quick turn around and down on confidence in Manly but they have massive holes in their defence out wide, i think the Knights will have more then enough to expliot this, Morgan, Sandow, Roberts and Tonga (Esi) are all liabilties when it comes to goal line defence i think Uate could be in for a big day if Mullen is on song. Melbourne/Melbourne HT/FT double @ 2.20 The Cowboys have been shockingly inconsistant they showed their hyde face last week and expect them to go back to jeckyll this week against the unbeaten storm, even if Slater is a late withdrawal i can't see the Cowboys one dimesonal attack having enough to beat the Storm here.

Re: NRL: Round 6 3pts Cowboys @ 2.40 (IASBet) The Cowboys are slightly too long at home for my liking. The Storm have been in great form, but they haven't really come up against any of the top sides yet, with Canberra being the only top 8 side they have played so far. The Cowboys have some great attacking quality and if they click, they can definitely beat the Storm here. Tariq Sims and James Tamou played well last week and I think they will continue to impress tonight. The Storm should win if they continue their good form, but I am happy to take these odds for Thurston and Bowen clicking tonight and causing the upset.

4pts Raiders -3.5pts @ 2.55 (IASBet) :D 1.5pts Raiders 13+ @ 4.85 (IASBet) :D 3pts Raiders Completions - Over 73.5% @ 1.9 (IASBet) :D 3pts Eels -3.5pts @ 3.15 (IASBet) :( 3pts Cowboys @ 2.40 (IASBet) :(
Another good day despite getting the last 2 games wrong. P/L Round 6: +22.05 units P/L Season: +33.62 units

Raiders -3.5 @ 2.75 :D Eels -3.5 @ 3.45 :eyes Cowboys -3.5 @ 2.85 :eyes
Season record: 16-26 (+1.43) Panthers -5.5 @ 4.80 centrebet Three straight losses for the Sea Eagles and all is not well with them, as seen by their loss to the Eels last week. The Panthers just missed out in beating the Sharks last week, and the way the Sharks have been playing, that would have been a big win for them. Like them to make up for that here as they have the forwards who have been moving the ball forward while their defence has been pretty good in stopping the opposition getting forward. With good field position, then like the Panthers to make the most of it, and given that they have won both of their road games so far this season, then they are good chances to do so again