** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

County Championship 2012

kevshat

Re: County Championship 2012 Note the 10.30 start times this week. I'm going with 4. Weather looks good so I'm going to make the most of it and hit this week hard. 5pts Lancashire to beat Middlesex 11/10 Stan James Lancashire come into this match knowing they have to win else their title defence will end in relegation but I think they will keep their hopes alive until next week. Importantly for Lancashire, Middlesex will be without Tim Murtagh, their top wicket taker for this match and while Toby Roland-Jones plays he can't carry the attack on his own. Lancashire have a very good bowling attack at their disposal but they've struggled to put up runs in recent times. On a good wicket for batting at Lords though I expect that to change and if Tom Smith plays their batting line up looks perfectly good enough to get the job done here. It really is sh1t or bust for the champions now but I'll take them to keep their hopes of survival alive by taking advantage of Middlesex missing a couple of key bowlers in this one. 6pts Surrey to beat Nottinghamshire 11/10 BetVictor Surrey still need the points to stay up this season and they will be boosted once again by Kevin Pietersen who had enough fire in his belly as it was but is likely to have even more here against his former club. Nottinghamshire will lose Alex Hales and Michael Lumb halfway through this match while Samit Patel is already away with England. Andre Adams is injured for the visitors too while Darren Pattinson has already left the club so this will be a near second string Nottinghamshire side. What is crucial for me is Patel is away with England because his spin on this Oval wicket would have been very handy and you know the wicket will turn with Batty, Ansari and Kartik in Surrey's side. Surrey's batting is being held together by Pietersen but the Nottinghamshire attack looks very mundane without Andre Adams so at odds against with Notts starting weak and getting weaker halfway through I'll take the hosts to confirm their survival with a win. 7pts Northamptonshire to beat Gloucestershire 4/5 Stan James Even though there's nothing on this game Northamptonshire have named their strongest squad for the match and that bodes well because they have been knocking on the door in the Championship recently that eventually it will open up for them and I expect that time to be here. Gloucestershire aren't a good four day side and even the return of Ed Cowan isn't going to change that. When Will Gidman is batting at 6 you know you are two batsmen light and their bowling attack isn't the best. Gloucestershire have hit bottom spot in the division now and hopefully they'll stay there too. I just don't see their bowlers getting through a Northants batting line up which has always been strong with David Willey capable of coming in at number 9. The likes of Jack Brooks, Andrew Hall and David Willey can all take wickets on a favourable Bristol wicket so I think Northants look good to pick up that elusive win this week. 6pts Kent to beat Derbyshire 8/11 Paddy Power Derbyshire continue to annoy the life out of me recently. Not only are the standing in the way of denying me a big outright win in Division 2 but the ways they have got out of trouble in the last three weeks has been incredible. Rain saved them against Yorkshire then a ridiculously rare 9th wicket partnership saved them against Northants and just when they looked destined to lose to Essex last week rain came along again. There's no rain forecast this week and Canterbury will be a result wicket this week because Kent have to win to stay in the promotion hunt so Derbyshire are going to have to get out of trouble fair and square this week. I think they are starting to wobble and this Kent bowling attack will go through them. I think Kent very much have the batting line up to succeed so I'll take on the Division 2 leaders this week.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: County Championship 2012 I'm back for the final few fixtures of the Championship as well and taking 3 in total this week. Totally agree with Kev on all 3... Northamptonshire to beat Gloucestershre- 4/5 Stan James- (6/10) Much prefer the look of this Northants side over the Gloucestershire side to be honest. There's nothing on this game for either team but that hasn't stopped Northants naming a full strength side except Alex Wakely who is injured but Kyle Coetzer is a sufficient replacement. Their best bowler this season David Willey returns which is a massive boost to the bowling department and it just strengthens the attack which already contains Jack Brooks, Andrew Hall and James Middlebrook. Most of their batsman have been in amongst the runs lately as well so their team looks pretty balanced all round. The same can't be said for Gloucestershire here as they look a couple of batsman short and even the return of Ed Cowan doesn't really help too much in the Championship format. They've included a couple of youngsters in the squad as well and from looking at the two squads, there is a big difference in quality and I'll back Northants to shine through come the end. Kent to beat Derbyshire- 8/11 Stan James- (5/10) I've felt a bit for Kev over the past couple of weeks as Derbyshire can count themselves hugely fortunate to still be top really. They were lucky that the forecast was poor last week whilst the week before, Wayne Madsen hit a huge double century which won't happen every week. The forecast for this game is good though so there's no chance of the weather saving them and I have to back Kent here. It's a huge game for Kent as well as after their win over Leicestershire last week, they will be looking for promotion themselves so they will be up for this match completely. Both sides are pretty much full strength and despite Derbyshire's good form in this competition, at full strength, Kent are still the better side you'd have to say and with Derbyshire's recent form, and the possibility of them just stumbling a touch, I fancy Kent to do them here. Surrey to beat Nottinghamshire- 11/10 Sportingbet- (5/10) I know I backed Surrey for success this year and although it hasn't panned out that way, they are hardly to blame considering everything that's happened with the club this season. I think they have a decent shot of beating one of the front runners in this one though and that's in no small part down to the spinners. This pitch should aid the spinners loads and in Kartik, Ansari and Batty, Surrey have 3 really decent spinners which should cause problems for the Notts batsman. As Kev has said, Samit Patel would have loved this pitch so that's a blow for Notts whilst Michael Lumb and Alex Hales are going to miss parts of the match which leave them light in the batting department, especially if Kartik and Batty are turning it left right and centre. Notts are again without Andre Adams as well which just leaves their side really under strength, especially come the start of day 3. Surrey have KP available as well as those 3 spinners mentioned and with them needing the points, I think they are good value to win this one.

Re: County Championship 2012 [TABLE=class: couponTable]

[TR] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 11 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Durham v Sussex (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.73[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.2[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]103.26 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Lancashire v Surrey (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.1[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.9[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Nottinghamshire v Warwickshire (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.3[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.72[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]101.37 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Somerset v Worcestershire (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE] [TABLE=class: couponTable] [TR] [TH][/TH] [TH=class: firstColumn]Tuesday 11 September 2012[/TH] [TH]Home[/TH] [TH]Away[/TH] [TH=class: bppWidth]BPP[/TH] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Derbyshire v Hampshire (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.26[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]99.80 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Essex v Yorkshire (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.8[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row0] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Glamorgan v Kent (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]3.5[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.4[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]100.00 %[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR=class: row1] [TD]maximize.gif[/TD] [TD=class: firstColumn]Leicestershire v Gloucestershire (10:30 BST)[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]2.25[/TD] [TD=class: selectionBestOdd]1.83[/TD] [TD=class: bppWidth bpp]98.99 %[/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

Re: County Championship 2012 Slight loss last week. Huuuuuuge week this week with a number of outright punts either leading or very much in the mix to land full payouts this week. Going with four bets. 2 in the TV game which is Derbyshire vs Hampshire and two others. TV game first. 5pts Hampshire to beat Derbyshire 6/5 Bet365 Anyone who has followed me for the last few weeks will have followed me in strongly opposing Derbyshire and I'm going to do the same here because they are in a horrible position. They are the ones to be shot at and have a position to protect whereas Yorkshire and Kent know they need to win to go up. Derbyshire can easily have an eye elsewhere and when you do that you take your eye off of your job and against a side like Hampshire that's dangerous. Hampshire can't go up this season but they have a CB40 final on Saturday to prepare for and morale and confidence will be spot on for that if they win here. Although Hampshire rest Simon Katich it is a strong Hampshire side other than that and for my money a Hampshire side who can take care of a Derbyshire side who've been found out in recent weeks and who could be caught up in all sorts of negative thoughts over the course of the week. 1pt T.Poynton Top Derbyshire Batsman (1st Inns Only) 33/1 Paddy Power Anyone who has followed me in recent weeks will know what a pain in the arse this guy has been. He's in good nick with the bat to be fair and if the top order get a bit nervous and blown away then we've seen him do recovery jobs in recent weeks so we know he's capable of it. Although he bats at 8 there's enough after him to sheppard him to a good score if those above him have gone well but with Derbyshire failing to make more than 200 in either innings last week I think there's enough of a chink in their top order to merit a pay to see bet on the Derbyshire wicket keeper here at a rather tasty price if recent form is anything to go by particularly when he was second in both innings last week. And away from the TV..... 5pts Durham to beat Sussex 8/11 Stan James I like Durham here. Sussex have decided to give Murray Goodwin and Matt Prior the game off while Ed Joyce is away with Ireland and Luke Wright is away with England so this will be a very young and largely inexperienced Sussex batting line up on show in this match. That's perfect for a Durham side who haven't had any problems bowling good batting line ups out this season let alone young ones. Scoring runs has been a slight issue for Durham but in the last few weeks they have managed to score enough runs to pick up results and there's nothing in this Sussex attack which should worry them with the wicket unlikely to suit Monty Panesar. Durham are in good nick and Sussex don't seem too concerned about this match so I'll take the home side here. 4pts Lancashire to beat Surrey 11/10 Bet365 Happy to take Lancashire to go out with a farewell win here. Surrey haven't named Kevin Pietersen or Murali Kartik in their squad for this match and Pietersen's absence, especially with another solid runscorer this season missing too in Gary Wilson, leaves their batting line up back to looking fragile like it did earlier in the season. With the ball they should be fine but Lancashire are fine in that department too. You have to back the Lancashire batsmen to outscore this weak looking Surrey one in this match on a wicket which away sides find hard to bat on as the bowlers are often on top. Surrey don't seem too concerned about this game with safety now assured so Lancashire can depart the top flight with a last win in this one.

Going in again on the TV match. Price is all wrong. 5pts Hampshire to beat Derbyshire 6/5 Stan James I've seen nothing in the opening two days of this match to suggest Hampshire are second favourites here. They still have a 100 or so run lead and half if Derbyshire's team are back in the hutch. This wicket wasn't easy to bat on before Wednesdays rain and that rain may have juiced it up a bit more. Batting last on this track isn't going to be easy and Hampshire have the bowlers to bowl this line up out again too. Siding with the dnb option as Derbyshire no longer need to win so the draw is a runner but in my eyes Hampshire are well ahead in the match at present so for them to be odds against is daft. I'm happy to double my bet on them with that in mind. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: County Championship 2012 Not the best of last two weeks for me but still a very strong CC season. Good profit in the matches which came to +38.42pts overall and then I picked up +35.4pts from the outrights despite a few near misses, injuries and even a death :(. That means a tough, hard battle of a season with the struggle for 4 days of good weather in a row ends with a total of +73.82pts. Been another successful Championship thread right across the board so congrats to everyone who has contributed and especially to those who've delivered a profit. Let's hope we can close the domestic season in style tomorrow :hope.

Re: County Championship 2012 First of all I'll congratulate Kev on the Compton and Onions shouts. 2 good outrights coming through for you mate. :ok On a personal note, it's been a decent campaign albeit with a few of the outrights going a bit wrong with England call-ups and the Surrey incidents that rocked their season understandably so. From the 4 day format though, it's a final standing of +28.19pts which I'll take with everything considered. I will beat Kev in one of the 3 tournaments next season. ;):lol On a serious note though, massive congratulations to the big man for the success this year, and a little bit like the Chris Moyles Show today, I'll be sad when it's all over tomorrow. Let's go out with a bang hopefully. :ok