** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2012

kevshat

Re: Indian Premier League 2012

3pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Delhi Daredevils 11/8 Stan James
Though Rajasthan at home are a very strong team, home advantage in the short-form of the game counts for little. I think there's value here but not much since Delhi have a slight edge in the bowling dept. which IMHO is already discounted in that price.
5pts Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill
Great bet that. Agree on everything.
3pts Highest Individual Score - Over 70 13/8 Stan James
Though you are right that the pitch is good for batting, the price is a little short for my taste. And since your "over 36.5 boundaries" and "highest individual score" bets are not mutually exclusive, you are really risking 8pts on the batsmen to succeed and the bowlers to fail. Thats a little too much and so I would not bet on "individual score" but would bet on "over 36.5 boundaries". PS - Match is already in-play and not following it since am busy but good luck with your bets. And dont tell me the score. ;)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Decent day yesterday. Up to +18.87pts overall now. Just the one for me this afternoon. 5pts Bangalore vs Kings XI - Over 12.5 6's 5/6 Stan James This line looks high but I'm not so sure that it is. I expect the Bangalore wicket to be good for this match having not hosted a match since 17th April when Pune were the visitors. That match had 21 6's in it and would have covered this line even without the 8 that Chris Gayle hit. Matches between these two generally have plenty of sixes in them. Bangalore have hit 200 runs in their last two matches against the Kings XI on this ground and there were over 20 6's between the two here two years ago before Chris Gayle played for the Royal Challengers. In the match here before the Pune game there were 15 6's and Bangalore only hit 136. We all know this is a ground where sixes can be scored almost at will. It isn't the biggest ground and the ball does tend to fly a bit further here. Both sides have stronger batting line up's than they have bowling attacks. The likes of Gayle, Kohli, de Villiers, Dilshan, Gilchrist who returns for this match, Marsh, Hussey and even the likes of Azhar Mahmood can all clear a boundary of this size, many of them with mishits. There isn't a bowling attack to fear on either side here so I expect a high scoring match with plenty of big hits and at least 13 6's over the course of the match.

Pathetic chase by Pune last night, why Samuels is in the side with wright available beggars belief, at least push Steve smith up the order, give him a chance... One for today in the big clash DD vs MI Rohit sharma +0.5 runs vs James franklin 1.91 @ Betfair. Banking on franklin being aggressive up front, which he should be opening with Sachin, then getting out cheaply, Rohit looked in sublime touch vs KXIP and it's about time he got decent scores consistently in this format.
Void franklin didn't play. Just one today, Rcb vs KXIP Virat Kohli vs mandeep Singh -0.5 runs 1.91 Betfair. Similar to before, Mandeeps been pretty decent up top for kings however with rcb batting first they may be under the pump to play shots from the off if Gayle and co rack up a big total, Kohli should come in at 3, for such a good player, like Raina and Rohit, he's can turn it around and get a score today.

Void franklin didn't play. Just one today, Rcb vs KXIP Virat Kohli vs mandeep Singh -0.5 runs 1.91 Betfair. Similar to before, Mandeeps been pretty decent up top for kings however with rcb batting first they may be under the pump to play shots from the off if Gayle and co rack up a big total, Kohli should come in at 3, for such a good player, like Raina and Rohit, he's can turn it around and get a score today.
Also with the quality of bowling Mandeep Singh was up against I would have gone with this bet but i didnt cos still couldnt justify as Virat has been looking a bit uncomfortable this ipl. Mandeep on the other hand has been playing wel and I just would put them both as evenly matched. So I take anything above 2.00, not 1.91. Guess, I was lucky since praveen kumar looks on fire.

Good call with 6's Kev' date=' Kohli scores 45 to Mandeeps 43. Woop[/quote'] nice one mate. But admit it. It was a close shave. ;) And at 1.91, I wouldnt have backed him. Tomorrow Pune vs mumbai post my bet later, after i have seen the stats, etc.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Right. Mumbai is too short as always. But more so in this case. Pune plays hard against mumbai with them being neighbours, its always sort of like a derby. Mumbai is still getting a lot of respect even when they are without the likes of Pollard, who cant be replaced in the short form of the game. And dont forget, Pune has already beaten mumbai in mumbai this IPL. So I see them as evenly matched. Pune is playing at home as well. Both team are struggling but still its evens for me and I just cant pick out a pre-match favorite for this one. And price-wise with mumbai so overrated, anything on pune is great value. Be it Pune to win @ 2.4 Pinnacle OR team to score most sixes (pune - ryder, uthappa, steven smith, panday, clarke is back too AND with pollard out of mumbai squad this bet looks like great value to me @ 2.38 paddypower). And remember, this IPL has been too close to call. With Punjab beating mumbai in mumbai, Pune can surely cause some problem at a pitch mumbai are vary of. Good luck.

PWI vs MI Under 11.5 sixes 5/6 Sportingbet This line was smashed in the last game at the ground vs Deccan, some pretty friendly bowling in that game though, the likes of Bhaji and Malinga won't be as easy to tonk. Still some dangerous 6 hitters in both sides, banking on the likes of Sachin ,Clarke, ganguly using a few overs up, usually going on past IPL seasons, the pitches do become a bit slower and offer more variable bounce as we go past the half way stage of the competition.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Top mumbai batsman - Ambati Rayudu @8.00 bluesq, 888sport The in-form batsman and was the top-scorer in the last match. If he top order fails again, he will have plenty of balls to make an impact. May even start upfront as he has done at the start of this IPL before being dropped down to the middle order. With sachin out of form and everyone else generally struggling, the only major competition will be from Rohit Sharma. But price is too good to pass.

PWI vs MI Under 11.5 sixes 5/6 Sportingbet This line was smashed in the last game at the ground vs Deccan, some pretty friendly bowling in that game though, the likes of Bhaji and Malinga won't be as easy to tonk. Still some dangerous 6 hitters in both sides, banking on the likes of Sachin ,Clarke, ganguly using a few overs up, usually going on past IPL seasons, the pitches do become a bit slower and offer more variable bounce as we go past the half way stage of the competition.
Good call Charlie. Great match.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 +23.04pts for me now. One for the second match this afternoon. 4pts Kings XI Punjab vs Rajasthan Royals - Under 8.5 6's 10/11 Stan James I think this line is just about enough on the high side. In the four matches to be staged on this Mohali ground so far in the tournament only one of the matches have had more than this total and the Mumbai bowling attack just completely fell apart in that match. Neither of these sides are the biggest hitting sides in the competition. Kings XI have just 39 6's from 10 matches to their names at an average of less than four per match while Rajasthan are only going marginally better with 45 6's from their 10 matches at 4.5 per innings. So if this was to be an average match between the two then the total would end under this line. Kings XI showed they are not the biggest hitters when they only hit 6 6's in Bangalore last time out and David Hussey had to hit four of them. Both sides have fair enough bowling attacks with wicket takers in there and both opening pairs generally occupy the crease and score along the floor. Of course there is the danger that Watson and Hussey go bonkers in this match but the ground is big, the pressure to win for both sides is quite huge and with both attacks more than capable I struggle to see us getting more than 8 6's in the second match of today's double header.

PWI vs RR PWI to win 11/10 @ Sportingbet PWI are probably out where as RR are under pressure to win here, needing to probably 4/5 matches to make the semi's, PWI twice threw away winning positions vs Mumbai recently in low scorer, Pune should be helped by their knowledge of conditions and how the pitch will play, hopefully they'll play with some freedom and get a win on the board after a horrible run of recent form.

PWI vs RR PWI to win 11/10 @ Sportingbet PWI are probably out where as RR are under pressure to win here, needing to probably 4/5 matches to make the semi's, PWI twice threw away winning positions vs Mumbai recently in low scorer, Pune should be helped by their knowledge of conditions and how the pitch will play, hopefully they'll play with some freedom and get a win on the board after a horrible run of recent form.
You can't expect to win a t20 game by scoring 2 Fours, in the opening 10 overs of an innings, **** *******s!

MI vs RCB Toss done an backing MI @ 11/10 bet365 pollard and ojha come in for peterson and Munaf, like this alot, along with smith theyve got a couple of power hitters down the order, really banking on Mumbai putting up a colossal scor with the bat and thus put pressure on the. RCB big 4.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 +19.04pts now. Like the look of this afternoon's match so will go with three. 4pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Chennai Super Kings 5/4 Stan James I think the Royals are a touch overpriced here. Chennai's reputation is going before them here rather than anything they've done in the tournament so far. Their batting line up hasn't really fired like it can and their bowling attack has been much more expensive than we are used to and Jaipur isn't the place you want to go if your attack is expensive as the wicket is good for batting on out there. Rajasthan had a bit of a mid-season wobble which they have come through and having won their last two matches they should come into this one with their confidence high. In Tait and Watson the Royals suddenly boost their match winners which already included the likes of Brad Hodge, Rahul Dravid and Ajinkya Rahane and with match winners on either side of the game, home advantage which Rajasthan often use to the full, confidence of a couple of wins and not a lot to lose in terms of Chennai being the team expected to win, I'll take the Royals to win this one. 4pts Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill I've taken this bet before on this ground and I see no reason why I shouldn't take it again. It is a good batting wicket here with a lightning fast outfield which often leads to a lot of boundaries. We've got some of the best limited overs batsmen in the world on show in this match in the likes of Shane Watson, Brad Hodge, MS Dhoni, Dwayne Bravo and Suresh Raina and then there's also the likes of Dravid, Rahane, Vijay and Albie Morkel too so there are a lot of boundary hitters in this match. Neither bowling attack is 'that' good that you think this will be a one sided match so I think this boundary line is quite low. I would expect a mid-high scoring match here which could be a high scoring one if one of the power batsmen get away which is perfectly possible but whatever the scores are I believe we will see at least 37 boundaries be they 4's or 6's. 1pt ew D.Bravo Top Chennai Batsman 7/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) This Chennai batting line up is always tough to pick a top batsmen in because it chops and changes so often in where everyone bats but Deayne Bravo has batted at four in two of their last three matches and were he to do that again here then he will be a fantastic price at 7/1. Even if he doesn't he already has a top score to his name batting at 7 in this tournament so he can still top score from down the order. What I like about him in this match is Watson and Tait are sure to test the Indians in this Chennai batting line up with short balls and the likes of Raina and Vijay have shown they are not the best with the short ball in the past. Bravo is fine with the short ball, with medium pace and playing spin so his all round batting style could be the order of the day here. He'll take on Tait head on and won't shy away and at 7/1 I think the West Indian is a good each way bet at 7/1.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 That was a rotten game made worse by the fact Rajasthan looked like they would limit the damage before taking away that hope :(. Back to +9.04pts now. One for today. 4pts Bangalore Highest 1st 6 Overs vs Pune 10/11 Stan James This price is way out of line from the rest of the bookmakers and it is a price which I feel has to be taken. Chris Gayle and Tillakaratne Dilshan can make mincemeat of any opening bowling attack while on the opposition side Michael Clarke isn't a batsman who you feel is going to tear you apart with a flurry of big hitting. In the conditions at Pune I think Bangalore's opening bowling attack will get some assistance and they will be dangerous. Pune's attack should be competitive too but the hitters just keep on coming for Bangalore. Pune have a light batting line up so they need to be a bit more cautious at the top else they run the risk of being all out for 120 odd which they know won't be enough. Bangalore can go gung ho and I expect them to lead after the first 6 overs at a very appealing 10/11.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 That's more like it. Up to +12.68 now. Taking two in the opening match on Saturday. 4pts Kolkata Knight Riders to beat Mumbai Indians 4/5 Stan James I think the Knight Riders are going to take a lot of beating in Kolkata for the rest of this tournament because the wicket suits their bowling attack brilliantly and they know how to bowl on it. Their batsmen are touch players with the exception of Brendon McCullum and they use their conditions brilliantly. Combine that to Mumbai Indians and Harbhajan, who can be very hit and miss, aside and most of their bowling threats are seam bowlers who don't get a huge amount of joy here. Combine that to their most effective batsmen liking pace on the ball and I think Mumbai could really struggle here. Kolkata come into this match in blinding form having won their last six matches and one of the reasons why they have won their last six matches is because their batsmen have been able to perform with the relaxation of knowing even if they balls things up teams aren't scoring a run in anger off Sunil Narine not to mention the other quality elements of their bowling attack. That relaxation has meant the Knight Riders batting has performed well in most of the matches and I see no reason why in conditions more familiar to them at Eden Gardens, why they won't carry on in the same manner in this match. KKR for me. 2pts S.Narine Most Economical Bowler 3/1 Stan James This market only includes Sunil Narine, Brett Lee, Jacques Kallis, Lasith Malinga, Harbhajan Singh and RP Singh. I've got to have a piece of Sunil Narine in this market at this price. Very few in the entire competition have got hold of him as proved by his 5.30 economy rate for the tournament but if you narrow that down to the four matches he has played in Kolkata he has conceded 11, 13, 19 and 22 runs and has an economy rate of just 4.06 runs per over. I think this wicket will suit him perfectly because we saw in the last match here against Pune that the wicket is turning and turning a lot. On the bright side for Narine here is Kieron Pollard is much more at home tonking medium pace and the quicks out of the park than he is spinners especially spinners who can turn it both ways. Lasith Malinga statistically rates as the biggest danger but I think the new ball will fly on this wicket especially if Brendon McCullum stays at the wicket for long enough. I would have Harbhajan as Narine's biggest danger but in Gambhir and Tiwary you have two quality players of spin plus Yusuf Pathan who can plonk any spinner of out the ground. Harbhajan is conceding at 6.56 an over and that's a touch too high because I think this will be won with an economy of less than 6 an over. For me Narine looks almost impossible to play attacking shots to and at 3/1 I'll take him to be watertight yet again on a ground he is clearly relishing playing on.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Need a bit of luck to finish the first match with a profit. Going with one for the second match. 4pts Delhi Daredevils to beat Chennai Super Kings 10/11 Skybet Delhi come into this match on top of the table and as I type they look like having the chance to extend that lead to three points and almost guarantee themselves a top two place which is important with the way the playoffs have been constructed this season. Chennai come into the match off the back of a fine win over Rajasthan last time out but for 16 overs of that run chase they weren't in the game until Albie Morkel came in and slogged his side to victory. I think Chennai are going to be under real pressure in this match. Their bowlers face a confident, rampant and very strong batting line up and their batsmen face a barrage of pace and bounce from this quick Daredevils bowling attack. Chennai know their conditions very well but they will need to put it all together to beat Delhi this afternoon. Chennai haven't produced with bat and ball too often so I will take Virender Sehwag's men to continue their confidence and dominance of this IPL with a win over the defending champions in this match.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Shocking Saturday puts me down to just +2.68pts now. Going with one initially on Monday. 5pts Bangalore vs Mumbai - Over 12.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power This seems to be a generic line at the minute but I'm happy to take the overs once again. In the last three matches here there have been 21 6's, 14 6's and 18 6's and now Mumbai bring a powerful batting line up to town and not just a powerful line up but one which is in excellent form too more importantly. Just a quick run through the hitters on show here is basically a who's who of six hitting. Gayle, Dilshan, de Villiers, Tiwary, Kohli, Sachin, Gibbs, Rohit, Pollard and even the likes of Harbhajan, Rayudu and Karthik can all hit long balls. The Bangalore attack is certainly attackable as is the Mumbai one once Malinga has been seen to. On this ground this line looks low whoever is playing but considering who is playing in this one I think the line is there for the hitting. Definitely the overs for me here.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Does any1 know the answer to this On the sixes betting in cricket.A fielder overthrows after the batsmen have run 2 runs and the ball goes to the boundary.Six runs are then awarded to the batsman.On all the scorecards I can find online this counts as a six. However I placed a bet on "will there be a six in the next over" in todays game. Kohli was awarded 6 runs after overthrows but the bookie wont pay me. He has been credited with a six but I dont get paid.Has anyone experienced this before?

Does any1 know the answer to this On the sixes betting in cricket.A fielder overthrows after the batsmen have run 2 runs and the ball goes to the boundary.Six runs are then awarded to the batsman.On all the scorecards I can find online this counts as a six. However I placed a bet on "will there be a six in the next over" in todays game. Kohli was awarded 6 runs after overthrows but the bookie wont pay me. He has been credited with a six but I dont get paid.Has anyone experienced this before?
it doesnt matter what it said on the scorecard really,a six wasnt hit,it was 2 runs and a 4 so whatever way you look at it m8 your bet is a loser.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Hi mate, I left it like that after sunday but the bet got resettled yesterday afternoon as a winner.I presume they could do very little as it was awarded as a six by the Ipl and this happened once before in this tournament and also awarded as a six.In the cricket betting rules it says nothing about the ball having to go over the ropes.Also I remember it happening to Porterfield for Ireland in the world cup qualifier and he was awarded a six. Speaking of which: Delhi vs KKR total match sixes over 8.5 @5/6 Bet365 I really fancy this line today with the like of Warner,McCullum,Sehwag,Yusuf Pathan and Ross Taylor playing.Even if it is low scoring the line should still be covered.The knock out stages brings out the best in good players and this line should be a lot higher

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Just a quick in play bet from me... 5 points Delhi Daredevils to beat Kolkata Knightriders @ 2.5 Betfair Kolkata have got 162 which a few overs ago wasnt to be expected but a 56 run partership between Pathan & Shukla got them this far. Delhi have an excellent batting line up with Sehwag & Warner opening then Mahela & Ross Taylor to come. Not to mention Irfan Pathan as well who can clear a boundry. Delhi to win this match for me.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Cheers Kev. Was annoying because Warner was wrongly given out and if him and Sehwag where there for the first 5 overs im sure it would have been a different story. Going for one today and rather then betting on match odds im taking on the total 6s. 5 Points Chennai Super Kings V Mumbai Indians, Over 11.5 6s @ 1.83 Stan James This game is being played at Bangalore and if you look at the last couple of matches there we've seen 15, 18, 14 6s in total. I know a few of them have come from Chris Gayle however looking at the batting line ups of both teams you see 6 hitters everywhere. The last time Mumbai played Bangalore here they chased down 171 and hit 7 6s in total. Im sure no-one can forget when Chennai chased down 205 runs with Albie getting 28 from 7 and in total Chennai hit 11 6s. Hopefully shouldn't be a problem in getting the required 6s today.