** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Indian Premier League 2012

kevshat

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Indian Premier League 2012

BRC vs KKR KKR to score over 158.5 runs @ 5/6 Bet365 Risky one with the way KKR batted last time out, however law of averages suggest the batting will lock eventually, shakib and tendo come in for McCullum and Narine, strengthens the batting with Lee slated to come in at 10. Not the biggest ground, should get good value for shots on a decent track, get above the rate in the first six overs, milk murali and vettori, and go for it at the back end hopefully witha few wkts in hand.
Delhi to beat chennai 11/10 bet365 Apologies using my phone, chennai are superb benchmark however home advantage and the likely inclusion of KP and Mahela both in superb touch plus sehwags due.. And a decent Delhi pace attack could cause an upset.
KKR cleared the line, should have got nearer 200 if they hadn't lost wickets in clusters! Delhi looked very strong with bat & ball. Just one for tomorrow MI Vs RR Johan Botha top Rajasthan batsman 10/1 EW (1-2-3, 1/5) @Coral. Botha is a decent allrounder, he hasn't had a hit so far but if RR go too hard upfront vs Malinga/Munaf/Harbhajan, he might get an opportunity to play a few shots and get some runs. Only small stakes just to have a bit of interest in the game.

3 for me today. 4pts Mumbai Indians Most 6s Evs Stan James I don't expect this to be a high scoring match and 6s could well be in short supply but in Richard Levi and Kieron Pollard the Indians have two power hitters who can hit 6s in any conditions. Then there's the hero of the last game in Rohit Sharma. If all goes to plan for Rajasthan then Dravid will face a lot of the bowling. Both sides have good bowling attacks but Rajasthan has medium pacers and spinners who will keep it tight generally but the odd ball and over will go. With power hitters and a power bowling attack I'll take Mumbai to hit the most 6s. 4pts K.Cooper's Performance Pts - 33&over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch and 20pts per wicket. Kevon Cooper has started life well in the IPL with 7 wickets in his two matches and his medium pacers should suit this wicket. He's a big hitter too and you think he'd get a hit against this attack. He's also a good fielder and having covered this line twice in the tournament so far I will take him to cover it for a 3rd time. 3pts Highest Individual Score - Under 55 Runs 6/4 Stan James As I've said above I expect this to be a low scoring match on a bit of a tacky wicket. Both sides have good bowling attacks and Mumbai's batting hasn't really fired in the tournament yet. Both sides have their big hitters down the order and at 6/4 I'll take the bowlers to keep the batsmen below a highest score of 55. Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using PL Forum

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Couldn't have predicted that match more wrong if I tried but made a profit out of it somehow. A double header on Thursday and I'll take three for the opener. 4pts Bangalore Highest 1st 6 Overs 5/6 Skybet I took Chennai on in a 6 over match earlier in the competition to good effect and I expect the same on Thursday. Chennai have massive problems at the top of their order and Mike Hussey can't come from the West Indies quickly enough. Murali Vijay looks all over the shop and while du Plessis is faring a bit better that's hardly saying much. Raina comes in at three but then Dhoni sends Badrinath in at four so it's only Raina who is in the form to take the first six overs away from Bangalore. What I really don't like about Chennai in the first six overs is Albie Morkel bowling in that time. He'd love to face his own bowling it's so poor but he can't face it. One man who can though is Chris Gayle and he could destroy Chennai's first six overs in a couple of overs alone if given the chance. I would expect R Ashwin to open the bowling too but at some point Dougie Bollinger will come into the attack and he's been splattered in this tournament so far. Bangalore will open up with a couple of class bowlers in Zaheer Khan and Vinay Kumar who aren't easy to get away and then there might be some Murali in the first six overs as well and I think both sides of the wicket Bangalore will be favoured so 5/6 seems more than fair to me in this six over battle. 4pts Over 9.5 6's 10/11 Paddy Power There were only six 6's in the opening match on this ground but 110 played 112 in that match so it wasn't exactly high scoring. I think this match will be a bit more high scoring though. Part of the reason for that is that there are big hitters on display here and the tournament has been going for a week now and everyone is up to speed but the other reason I expect this to be more high scoring is before the tournament the IPL chairman said he wanted wickets where 160 was par. Well Chennai served up an up and down wicket in the opening match which ended up with Sachin breaking his hand and you don't do something like that to Sachin and not have a few important eyes looking at you next time out! So I expect a much better wicket for batting here, something like the one used in the final between the two sides last season and assuming we get that we know the ground isn't the biggest so I would expect at least 10 6's in what should be a cracking match here. 3pts M.Vijay's Runs - Under 18.5 5/6 Ladbrokes I don't usually take total run lines in a T20 match but Murali Vijay has looked rotten in this tournament so far. He made 10 off 17 balls against the Mumbai Indians in the opening match here and then made just 2 against the Deccan Chargers when his side put up well over 190 and then Faf du Plessis obviously realised how out of nick Vijay is because he ran the Indian opener out before he could face a ball in the last match. Zaheer Khan and Vinay Kumar will be right on the button from the word go in this match and with this Chennai opening partnership looking a bit of a shambles I expect Murali Vijay to fail again and fall for less than 19 runs.

wouldn't want to call the winner of the chn vs rcb match however like Kev I like the following bet: Rcb highest 6 over total @4/5 bet365 Might be be better price elsewhere but I'm using 365 as I've got funds in that account. Vijay has been rotten, faf and raina are dangerous up top but rcb might be tempted to draft in Dilshan after the batting woes vs KKR to partner Gayle force up top, these 2 scored plenty when opening last season, if Dilshan doesn't play murali will still be there to bowl the 6 th over, Albie doesn't have the pace to frighten many plus doug bollingers radar looks a bit off at the moment, looks a decent bet.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Nice going you two. A good few days for the thread. Taken a few days out after a horrible start. Was annoying to miss out on an easy overs, a Kohli PP overs and a Chennai middle-order batsman place in THAT match the other day. I'll land it soon enough. One ahead of todays match. - 6pts Sixes Matchbet: Chennai Super Kings (vs. Pune Warriors) @ 19/20 [bluesq] The problem with Pune is their inability to keep wickets in hand. They struggled with that last year and they are struggling with it again this. If Ganguly, Uthappa, Ryder and Samuels got in and stayed in, they could cause some havoc. They rarely do though and that is why they struggle so much. Despite Chennai's shortcomings so far this season they have a very canny bowling attack which will be difficult for a stuttering Pune line-up to get away. Pune don't have anything serious in theirs to cause Du Plessis, Raina, Badrinath, Bravo, Dhoni, Morkel or Jadeja many problems. Chennai for me.

Pune vs CSK Chennai SuperKings highest 6 over score @4/5 Bluesq Ganguly is too slow at the top, he likes to have a very good look these days, after going too hard upfront vs kings the other night, they might be more conservative in the first 6, be surprised if Ryder isn't replaced by Iqbal or Luke wright, both hard hitters but haven't played yet so will struggle perhaps to belt Ashwin and doug straight away, on the other hand faf has been superbly agressive upfront and if vijay finds form it'd be a bonus, however raina at 3 will play his shots, a batting line up that chased 205 down should be full of confidence and expect a decent first 6 overs for the current champions.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Chennai continue to defy. Jadeja top scored aswell at 10/1. Frustrating. Two for the first game tomorrow at Eden Gardens: - 4pts Highest Individual score: Under 55 @ 5/4 [stanJames] - 4pts Total Sixes: Under 8.5 @ 10/11 [stanJames] Eden Gardens is a nightmare for batsmen. Generally a sluggish deck which is difficult to score big runs. It was like that last year and has proven similar this. A few days back, Rajasthan only lost five wickets but struggled to 131 in 20 overs. Last year, KKR were chasing 120 when these two games met here. If KKR win the toss, they'll put Kings in to bat and Narine, Shakib and Pathan will handle twelve overs and attempt to strangle the fu*k out of this Kings line up. Similarly, Dmitri Mascarenhas, Praveen Kumar and Piyush Chawla will be equally as tough to get away. I intend to shoot unders on the 1st innings score line too. I envisage it starting off at around 140.5-150.5. I'll take unders on that as well as unders on the sixes. Without Mccullum and the introduction of Shakib and Tendo, the firepower in KKR's ranks is sedated a touch. Owais Shah has been creaming the DLF's in recent games and he is a threat to this bet but as mentioned prior I think it will be difficult to see 9 sixes tomorrow. Unders in both.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Not sure how I managed to mention Owais Shah's name in the previous write-up! Minor, Eden Gardens proved a nightmare again and ensured a decent profit for the day. Looking to continue that with two today: - 4pts Delhi Daredevils (vs. Mumbai Indians) @ EVS [General] Missed out on the 11/10 offered when I was looking last night on this which is slightly annoying but I feel Delhi can spring a mini surprise here. Both teams have had a significant rest in terms of IPL playing times and the heat in Mumbai should provide a good game. There was something about the ruthlessness that Delhi displayed to despatch Chennai last week that impressed me. Kevin Pietersen is in good nick. Mahela is back and Ross Taylor should play too. Add Sehwag in there and Delhi's batting now looks a formidable unit. Mumbai have all the talent but still don't overly convince. Their batting isn't completely secure for me and if Sachin doesn't play, it makes it even worse. Their bowling is tight as ever but even still the way Rahane and Owais Shah were taking them to the sword means they are far from invincible. I'll take the visitors here. - 6pts Total Sixes: Over 10.5 @ 5/6 [stanJames] Again, this was 9.5 last night when I was looking which is annoying. Regardless though, the firepower we have on show today with the good pitch and smallish boundaries at the Wankhede make this an attractive bet. 197 played 170 last week here which saw 22 sixes. Richard Levi, Rohit Sharma, Ambati Rayudu, Kieron Pollard, Sehwag, Pietersen, Ross Taylor AND Irfan Pathan? Barring some freak batting collapse, this should be cool.

KXIP vs KKR Return to one of my fav grounds in India, where we should see another hard track with plenty on offer for the quicks, going with one. Shaun Marsh top KXIP batsman 3/1 Ladbrokes Marsh likes his home venue, historically he's got decent scores here and in the last match vs Pune warriors he was the only guy from both teams that looked comfortable in the conditions scoring 64 n.o, batting at 3 he'll have time to construct an innings hopefully.

KXIP vs KKR Return to one of my fav grounds in India, where we should see another hard track with plenty on offer for the quicks, going with one. Shaun Marsh top KXIP batsman 3/1 Ladbrokes Marsh likes his home venue, historically he's got decent scores here and in the last match vs Pune warriors he was the only guy from both teams that looked comfortable in the conditions scoring 64 n.o, batting at 3 he'll have time to construct an innings hopefully.
Pissed off ,Marsh wasn't out IMO, Bisla you cheating prick!!

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 4pts Delhi v Deccan - over 8.5 sixes @ 1.80 - Skybet This line is low enough for me to take on considering the big hitters we have on both teams. The danger here is that the Delhi attack have been blowing teams away, restricting three teams to below 110. They are then coming in and knocking off the runs with little fuss and without the need to score many sixes. Last time out on this ground we had 6 sixes in 33 overs with 110 playing 111. Deccan managed to hit 7 sixes last time out with JP Duminy hitting 5 himself Ideally I would like Delhi to bat first in this game and try and put a decent score on the board. However even if they bowl first I still think that 9 sixes is achievable. At some point someone will get after this Delhi attack and I will have a play that Deccan can do enough to contribute to covering this line today.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 The over's on sixes came in yesterday, thanks to a fantastic innings from Pietersen who covered the line on his own with 9 sixes. I will take on the line again today and will be hoping for something similar from Gayle. 4pts - KXIP v Bangalore - over 9.5 sixes @ 1.83 Skybet It has to be said the stats on this ground for sixes hasn't been fantastic. In the last two matches we have seen only 3 and 4 in pretty low scoring affairs. However that has included some poor batting displays and wasn't with the Bangalore batting line up. Bangalore have massive hitting potential in their side and managed 13 last time out with 8 coming of the blade of Chris Gayle. We also have Tiwary, De Villiers, Agarwal and Dilshan who are more than capable of hitting maximums. As with yesterday my preferred option will be for Bangalore to bat first and hopefully get close to covering this line on their own. However if not I still believe we have enough hitters in the KXIP to help contribute towards covering this line. David Hussey has had a quiet tournament so far, but if Dogra can stop running him out then he is more than capable of clearing the ropes. FYI - Williamhill have the same odds with the line set at 10.5 so I think we have a bit of value on a line which could look very low if Bangalore bat first and Gayle fires.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Good shout yesterday X, Pietersen's innings was insane, what a player. Going with the value today, this could well be throwing away 6pts but I've been genuinely priced in: - 3pts Kings XI Punjab (vs. Royal Challengers Bangalore) @ 7/4 [bet365] - 3pts Highest Individual Score: Under 55 @ 15/8 [stanJames] Theregets to a point where no team in any t20 match in the same tournament should be a certain price. On this pitch in Mohali against an RCB side who have been admittedly stuttering in recent games, 7/4 is one of those prices. There have been two games so far, Pune and Kings batted first here and the average of the two innings scores is 119.5. I remember the first match, the curator produced one of the greenest tops I have seen for a while and Dimi ran riot. Now, if RCB were to bat first and Gayle and Agarwal/Dilshan was to strike out early, I honestly think anything can happen here. Chawla, Mascarenhas and Praveen Kumar are the types of bowlers who can cause angst amongst batsmen if they turn up. If there were to be early breakthroughs for either side, this game becomes a lot even than the bookies have it priced up. Even without Gilchrist I think Kings can challenge RCB, if we get another slow deck then the unders comes into play too. Admittedly, the two top scores have been Above 55 in the two games here but again, if we get a 120 plays 120, 2/1 looks good. I'll chance my arm today.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Lost out on the sixes bet last time with 7 in total, but I will be taking on the line again - as I will be in most matches with the line set at only 8.5 sixes. 4pts - Mumbai v Punjab - Over 8.5 sixes @ 1.82 Skybet Mumbai have more than enough hitters to contribute to this line. They have had two batting failure at home in three matches and we have got nowhere near this line. However in the other match they managed 12 themselves in a match that had 23 sixes on this ground. This included all of the top 5 hitting at least one 6 so we know we have plenty of potential to clear the ropes. You also have Singh coming in at the end to help with this line. Punjab haven't got an array of bit hitter like Mumbai, but Azhar Mahmood came in for his IPL debut in the last game and cleared the ropes twice. I'm still waiting on Hussey to really fire yet with the big shots, and Shaun Marsh has shown he is capable of the big shot. Mumbai will be without Malinga which has got to be a bonus for this line as he is very difficult to get away for 6. Tendulkar is back from injury as well. For Punjab the availability of Gilchrist is still unclear. Any T20 match anywhere with Pollard in the lineup and a line of only 8.5 sixes is a bet for me. Williamhill have the same odds with the lines set at over 9.5

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Some excellent stuff in here guys and some unlucky stuff too. Been a great tournament so far and judging by the state of the league table that is set to continue. Looking for an angle to get back into the betting on it myself having been away for a bit and busy around it. Considered taking under 12.5 6's in the match today but don't really want to take on Gayle and Shah in the form they are in so I'll leave it for now. Good luck anyone who is betting on today's game.

Lost out on the sixes bet last time with 7 in total, but I will be taking on the line again - as I will be in most matches with the line set at only 8.5 sixes. 4pts - Mumbai v Punjab - Over 8.5 sixes @ 1.82 Skybet Mumbai have more than enough hitters to contribute to this line. They have had two batting failure at home in three matches and we have got nowhere near this line. However in the other match they managed 12 themselves in a match that had 23 sixes on this ground. This included all of the top 5 hitting at least one 6 so we know we have plenty of potential to clear the ropes. You also have Singh coming in at the end to help with this line. Punjab haven't got an array of bit hitter like Mumbai, but Azhar Mahmood came in for his IPL debut in the last game and cleared the ropes twice. I'm still waiting on Hussey to really fire yet with the big shots, and Shaun Marsh has shown he is capable of the big shot. Mumbai will be without Malinga which has got to be a bonus for this line as he is very difficult to get away for 6. Tendulkar is back from injury as well. For Punjab the availability of Gilchrist is still unclear. Any T20 match anywhere with Pollard in the lineup and a line of only 8.5 sixes is a bet for me. Williamhill have the same odds with the lines set at over 9.5
8 sixes in this match so lost out by 1. The surprising thing for me was the only player to hit a six for the Mumbai Indians was Franklin who chipped in with 4. It was good to see Punjab contribute 4 though and still without Hussey clearing the ropes. After the narrow miss last time, I will try and take on the line again with the same reasoning as above. IMO we have so many hitters on display that the line just looks a little low to me. Hopefully we can get over the 9 required this time. 4pts - Mumbai v Punjab - Over 8.5 sixes @ 1.83 Skybet

KXIP vs MI Rohit Sharma -0.5 runs vs Mandeep Singh 1.79 @ betfair. Mandeep has had a decent competition, consistently getting into the 20's, he has been opening but he may drop down the order if gilly returns depending on who opens with fellow youngster saini also an option, rohit has been blowing hot and cold, his only real contribution coming against Deccan, law of cricketing averages suggest he's due a score and think the pitch at mohali with the ball coming on to the bat will suit him nicely - a guy who likes to get on the front foot and drive, hopefully he'll play himself in today and get a score.

8 sixes in this match so lost out by 1. The surprising thing for me was the only player to hit a six for the Mumbai Indians was Franklin who chipped in with 4. It was good to see Punjab contribute 4 though and still without Hussey clearing the ropes. After the narrow miss last time, I will try and take on the line again with the same reasoning as above. IMO we have so many hitters on display that the line just looks a little low to me. Hopefully we can get over the 9 required this time. 4pts - Mumbai v Punjab - Over 8.5 sixes @ 1.83 Skybet
Line covered this time with Punjab hitting 7 and Hussey coming to the party with 4. Still nothing from Pollard though - It looks like I have well and truly put the mockers on him. Good shout Wongy :clap

PWI vs DC Pune to win 1.80 @ Betfair I'm not a massive Pune fan, however DC just look short of genuine wicket takers, barring steyn, who himself can still be expensive in this format, there's not been much support, Christian is an all rounder not a frontline bowler, Mishra got destroyed by KP in the Delhi game and confidence is low, Pune have a couple of plus' with Pandey getting a score lto and the inclusion of Thomas gives the bowling some bite, karthik is a wily bowler, sharma is decent and nehra might be replaced by dinda, Hopefully luke wright gets another game as he hasn't had a chance with the bat, Ryder, uthappa, smith have all been decent so far, Deccan will get a win on the board eventually just hope it won't be today!

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Finally getting back into betting in this tournament. Agree with Wongy. 5pts Pune to beat Deccan 8/11 Bet365 Deccan come into this match looking for their first win of the tournament but I'm not sure they will find it here. They haven't been good with the bat all season and this Warriors bowling attack probably isn't what you want to be facing when you aren't scoring runs. In Alfonso Thomas they have one of the best bowlers in this format that there is but the likes of Murali Kartik and Rahul Sharma the Warriors have a couple of excellent spinners and even Ashish Nehra isn't the worst with the new ball. The other problem Deccan have had in this tournament so far is stopping the flow of runs. Only two of their attack are going for less than 8 an over in this tournament at the minute and despite getting themselves into winning positions their bowlers have found ways to throw it away be it Rohit Sharma's launch when Mumbai needed 18 off the last over or Brad Hodge going bonkers when Rajasthan needed 60 off 4 overs. They don't have a decent death bowler and that often costs them. Pune are batting nicely. All of their top six have scored runs over the tournament at some point and with a very solid bowling attack I firmly believe they will join Delhi at the top of the table in this match. Pune did lose last time out but that was down a special knock from Sehwag. There's no Sehwag in this Deccan side so it is Pune for me this afternoon.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 4pts - Pune Warriors v Deccan Chargers - over 25.5 Fours @ 1.83 Bodog More stroke players than out and out big hitters on display for me today so I will try and take on the fours line rather than the sixes. I might well live to regret that if some of the big hitters do get going, but I just think we are more likely to see lots of fours today than a six fest. Pune have gone over this line 3 out of the last 4 matches contributing - 13,19,11 and 15 themselves Deccan have gone over this line 2 out of the last 4 matches contributing - 9,15,18 and 6 themselves Barring Dale Steyn and Alfonso Thomas both attacks are capable of scoring off and I will have a go that we can see over the 26 fours today.

Pathetic chase by Pune last night, why Samuels is in the side with wright available beggars belief, at least push Steve smith up the order, give him a chance... One for today in the big clash DD vs MI Rohit sharma +0.5 runs vs James franklin 1.91 @ Betfair. Banking on franklin being aggressive up front, which he should be opening with Sachin, then getting out cheaply, Rohit looked in sublime touch vs KXIP and it's about time he got decent scores consistently in this format.

Re: Indian Premier League 2012 Haven't bet in this for a while but looking to get back to normal in it for the remainder of the competition. +12.82pts for the tournament so far and I'll take three this afternoon. 3pts Rajasthan Royals to beat Delhi Daredevils 11/8 Stan James Rajasthan were all over Delhi at the weekend before collapsing under the pressure in the final two overs but I think that will have done them good in a way because it will focus their minds to get the job done in this match. Shane Watson will come into the side for his seasonal debut and his attendance makes Rajasthan a stronger proposition to overturn their one run defeat in Delhi at the weekend. Delhi have David Warner in their ranks now after he, like Watson, has finished Australia duty but the question is who does he come in for? Delhi's batting is so strong on paper that he might not even get in. Rajasthan have a wonderful record on their home ground and only an AB de Villiers masterclass has beaten them in Jaipur this season. Nevertheless the Royals have been playing some good cricket this season, have a good batting line up and a more than adequate bowling attack, both of which will be strengthened by Watson's appearance and I think Watson coupled with a couple of other big players can see Rajasthan through to overturn that narrow defeat to the Daredevils in Delhi at the weekend. 5pts Over 36.5 boundaries 5/6 William Hill This line looks more than generous to me. So far in the four matches to be played in Jaipur in this tournament there have been 44, 34, 53 and 39 boundaries in total. So this line has been covered on three of the four occasions and the one match in which it wasn't was a narrow miss and one of the teams in that match were 8/3 at one stage which didn't help matters. In the three 'normal' matches this line has been beaten comfortably and I expect that to be the case this afternoon as well with the batting talent that is on display. We have some truly world class batsmen on show in the form of Watson, Dravid, Sehwag, Pietersen, Taylor and Jayawardene not to mention some very competent support acts so I expect there to be at least 37 boundaries be they 4's or 6's in this match. 3pts Highest Individual Score - Over 70 13/8 Stan James The two top run scorers in this season's IPL are on show in this match and then there's Owais Shah who is 6th highest so we've got some in form batsmen on show. The likes of Pietersen, Dravid and Jayawardene are more than able to score big if the likes of Rahane and Sehwag don't. This wicket in Jaipur is a good one for batting. There have been four scores of 189 or more in eight innings on this ground so far this season so the batsmen are going to enjoy the wicket, especially without a match on the square for over a week so I expect a very good wicket for batting and with the batting on show I would be surprised if someone doesn't really fill their boots and go on to make a big individual score.