** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

West Indies vs Australia - Test Series

kevshat

After drawing both the ODI series and the T20 series, West Indies and Australia now move into a three match test series which begins in Barbados on Saturday. With the Windies over here in just over a month it'll be a good scouting mission for that series but this series should be a decent series in it's own right with the three matches being played in good cricket grounds. West Indies have slipped down the rankings in recent times but their performances against Australia in the limited overs suggests they might be finding some consistency but this is a much bigger test for them. It's also a test of Clarke's captaincy overseas for Australia so lots of factors. All the usual betting markets will be around and all three matches are live in full on Sky in the UK and all at good times of the day so should be a good series. Schedule: [TABLE=width: 630]

[TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%]Sat Apr 7 - Wed Apr 11 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 1st Test - West Indies v Australia Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados [/TD] [TD=width: 20%] 39.png 24 - 28° C ci_weather_rightarrow.gif [/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Sun Apr 15 - Thu Apr 19 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 2nd Test - West Indies v Australia Queen's Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD=width: 630, bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 4][/TD] [/TR] [TR=class: FixOdi] [TD=width: 25%] Mon Apr 23 - Fri Apr 27 14:00 GMT | 10:00 local 15:00 BST [/TD] [TD=width: 50%] 3rd Test - West Indies v Australia Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica [/TD] [TD=width: 20%]
N/A
[/TD] [TD=width: 5%, align: right] [/TD] [/TR] [/TABLE]

• 2 weeks later...

Re: West Indies vs Australia - Test Series Didn't get involved in this series before it begun as I was busy over Easter but I'll begin with one for the final day of the first test. 4pts Australia to win 1st Test 11/10 Coral I'm happy to take Australia at odds against because West Indies are in an awkward position going into the final day which will consist of 92 overs as the bid to make up the overs lost on the opening day continues. Michael Clarke's positive declaration from 43 runs behind left West Indies in that stick or twist third innings position and so far they have done neither. They've gone absolutely nowhere in terms of scoring runs and are scoring at less than 2 runs an over in their second innings and are only 71/5 with a lead of just 114. At the pace they are batting at you would think they are going to have to see off the best part of two sessions to save this match. In saying that it must be said that Darren Sammy will come in and up the run rate while he is at the crease and he could be the most important wicket left to take but also we have to take into account he was getting treatment on the field on day 4. Ryan Harris and Nathan Lyon showed in their partnership of 77 that this wicket is still a good one to bat on but with West Indies' top 5 all back in the hutch including the prize scalp of first innings centurion Shivnerine Chanderpaul, you sense a brittle look about the two who are in and what is to come. Realistically you'd fancy Australia chasing down 250 in 50 or so overs on this wicket especially if Ryan Harris is batting at 9 so Australia would have just over 40 overs to attack and get the remaining five wickets. If West Indies don't break out and Darren Sammy doesn't up this run rate then Australia could be left chasing something like 200 off 35/40 overs which is again more than possible. Australia have the scent of victory in their noses now after staving off the danger of defeat on the fourth day and I think odds against is a touch too big against a West Indies side who have performed well but who are still inexperienced and could struggle to play their way out of trouble here.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: West Indies vs Australia - Test Series Been a quiet series for me having been away for the start of both tests but I'll go with 3 in the final test. 4pts K.Roach's Performance Pts - 83&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Kemar Roach has had an excellent series with the ball having taken 15 wickets so far in the series and doing so on wickets which aren't necessarily suited to quick bowling. I think this one will assist the seamers a bit more though and if it does, with the form Roach is in I expect him to take some wickets in this match. He comes into the third test match off the back of a couple of five wicket hauls in the last test and he took five wickets in the first test too. He has shown he can cover this total with the ball but he has also shown us in the series so far that he can bat too having made double figures twice in the first test. This wicket should be more like that one than the one we saw in Trinidad and that is a wicket which I think can yield at least 83pts in Kemar Roach's favour in this test match. 4pts S.Chanderpaul's 1st Inns Runs - Over 28.5 5/6 Ladbrokes Shivnerine Chanderpaul has been in excellent form in this series so far with an unbeaten century in the first innings in the first test and a wonderful 94 in the first innings in the second test. Chanderpaul is clearly West Indies best batsman and he is the one they all bat around. Everyone else in the side are stroke makers so Chanderpaul can be the glue which binds them together. That means he can score at his own pace and at times will be given runs to get the other players back on strike, especially when he's in with the tail. Chanderpaul is clearly in good nick and I think another solid score is well within his reach on a ground where he scored a century in the only test last year. 1pt ew D.Sammy Top West Indies Batsman (1st Inns Only) 33/1 Ladbrokes (1/5 1,2,3) Darren Sammy has batted well in this entire tour against Australia and I see no reason why he is 33/1 in this match. Admittedly it was in a run chase with time elapsing but Sammy moved himself up to number three and if the earlier players can get a solid platform Sammy could promote himself up the order to get some quick runs and put some more time back into the match, particularly if rain comes along at any stage. West Indies have to win so the more time they have to get the 20 wickets the better. Even if Sammy bats down at number seven or eight he's going to score quickly enough that he could race into a place at a big price. The top three haven't scored well since the first innings of the match so there are place spots up for grabs and at 33/1 I'll pay to see just how close Sammy can get to the top score in the first innings of this match.